GOING UP: Burnley promoted to Premier League

GOING UP: Burnley promoted to Premier League

BURNLEY PROMOTED: Clarets 2 Wigan Athletic 0

BURNLEY PROMOTED: Clarets 2 Wigan Athletic 0

BURNLEY PROMOTED: Clarets 2 Wigan Athletic 0

BURNLEY PROMOTED: Clarets 2 Wigan Athletic 0

First published in News
Last updated

BURNLEY have confirmed their promotion to the Premier League after goals from Ashley Barnes and Michael Kightly gave them the win they needed against Wigan Athletic.

Barnes and Kightly both struck before half time to put Sean Dyche’s Clarets on course for the three points that sealed their place in the Championship’s top two, and automatic promotion, with two games to spare.

VIEW MATCHDAY GALLERY HERE

The opening stages produced nothing in the way of chances but then the Clarets sprung into life with a fine move that led to Barnes putting them ahead on 22 minutes.

Danny Ings hooked the ball into the path of Dean Marney, who advanced down the right channel before providing a fine cross for Barnes to convert from close range, to the delight of the Burnley fans.

Scott Arfield soon volleyed over, before Tom Heaton made a comfortable save from James McClean’s header at the other end. Wigan came an awful lot closer on the half hour mark as another free kick into the box was met by Marc-Antoine Fortune, whose header crashed back off the crossbar.

But Burnley doubled their lead in the 42nd minute when Kightly – the matchwinner at Blackpool on Good Friday – curled a superb inswinging free kick into the far corner from a tight angle.

Lancashire Telegraph:

Ben Mee then stung the palms of Ali Al Habsi with a fierce 30-yard drive as the rampant Clarets looked for a third goal.

Heaton had to deny Fortune as Wigan looked for a goal back in the second half, before Ings hit the post from a tight angle for Burnley.

MORE TOP STORIES:

Emmerson Boyce headed narrowly wide for the visitors, but Burnley continued to push for a third goal and David Jones saw a free kick saved against his former club.

Barnes then saw a fierce volley parried by Al Habsi Derby beat Barnsley 2-1 but their result proved irrelevant as the Clarets got the victory they needed to confirm their place in the Premier League next season.

Lancashire Telegraph:

Burnley: Tom Heaton; Kieran Trippier (Chris Baird 77), Michael Duff, Jason Shackell, Ben Mee; Michael Kightly, Dean Marney, David Jones, Scott Arfield; Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes. Subs not used: Alex Cisak, Kevin Long, David Edgar, Ross Wallace, Keith Treacy, Junior Stanislas.

Wigan: Ali Al Habsi; James Perch, Emmerson Boyce, Leon Barnett, Stephen Crainey (Rob Kiernan 46); Jack Collison, James McArthur, Jordi Gomez (Callum McManaman 46); James McClean (Nicky Maynard 76), Marc-Antoine Fortune, Jean Beausejour. Subs not used: Scott Carson, Gary Caldwell, Shaun Maloney, Nick Powell. Referee: Keith Stroud.

Comments (63)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:01pm Mon 21 Apr 14

wilddog says...

Well done guys, you deserve it
Well done guys, you deserve it wilddog
  • Score: 46

5:06pm Mon 21 Apr 14

carrman2 says...

Well Done BURNLEY , well deserved ,, Cardiff Claret
Well Done BURNLEY , well deserved ,, Cardiff Claret carrman2
  • Score: 41

5:07pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Bangkok Rover says...

Congratulations to Burnley on promotion after a terrific season. Enjoy the party and good luck in the Premier League.
Congratulations to Burnley on promotion after a terrific season. Enjoy the party and good luck in the Premier League. Bangkok Rover
  • Score: 54

5:09pm Mon 21 Apr 14

FCBurnley says...

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE
WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE FCBurnley
  • Score: 32

5:11pm Mon 21 Apr 14

kitchener2 says...

As a Rover I'd like to say congratulations to the Clarets....fantastic effort, just a pity we had the ugly fest on the pitch at full time. But never mind, a job well done! Good luck next season.
As a Rover I'd like to say congratulations to the Clarets....fantastic effort, just a pity we had the ugly fest on the pitch at full time. But never mind, a job well done! Good luck next season. kitchener2
  • Score: 81

5:11pm Mon 21 Apr 14

juanbbien says...

Rovers fan for longer than I care to remember,well done a great achievement on a shoestring budget
Rovers fan for longer than I care to remember,well done a great achievement on a shoestring budget juanbbien
  • Score: 71

5:13pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Lancs - pensioner says...

I said it wouldn't happen but it has, well done Burnley's have a great time next year. Hangovers all over dingle land!!
I said it wouldn't happen but it has, well done Burnley's have a great time next year. Hangovers all over dingle land!! Lancs - pensioner
  • Score: 77

5:19pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Dukes says...

make sure you lot spend, or you will be going back downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
nnnnn
make sure you lot spend, or you will be going back downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnn Dukes
  • Score: -382

5:23pm Mon 21 Apr 14

alan7554 says...

well done from another claret fan here ni Thailad and also well done to the Rovers a good win for them tonight.pity those 2 dropped points last week at sheff wednesday 3-3 MIND THE GAP 25 POINTS
NOW FOR THE MANAGER OF THE YEAR AWARD SEAN DYCHE
well done from another claret fan here ni Thailad and also well done to the Rovers a good win for them tonight.pity those 2 dropped points last week at sheff wednesday 3-3 MIND THE GAP 25 POINTS NOW FOR THE MANAGER OF THE YEAR AWARD SEAN DYCHE alan7554
  • Score: 26

5:24pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Joey99 says...

Well done from a Rover. You deserve it 100% I hope you stay up as well
Well done from a Rover. You deserve it 100% I hope you stay up as well Joey99
  • Score: 55

5:26pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Harrogate craig says...

Congratulations to all at Burnley
We'll deserved
See you next season
Congratulations to all at Burnley We'll deserved See you next season Harrogate craig
  • Score: 27

5:27pm Mon 21 Apr 14

hedge end bobs brother says...

Well done Burnley FC. You will be welcome at the home of the SAINTS on the South Coast. I enjoyed the Cup game this season at our place as you showed that under your ginger Jose you play good football.
WELCOME TO THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2014/2015.
WELL DONE AGAIN.
Well done Burnley FC. You will be welcome at the home of the SAINTS on the South Coast. I enjoyed the Cup game this season at our place as you showed that under your ginger Jose you play good football. WELCOME TO THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2014/2015. WELL DONE AGAIN. hedge end bobs brother
  • Score: 44

5:31pm Mon 21 Apr 14

bluerob says...

Congratulations to Burnley FC, the management and supporters. Thoroughly deserved after an amazing season.

Hope we can join you season after next .
Congratulations to Burnley FC, the management and supporters. Thoroughly deserved after an amazing season. Hope we can join you season after next . bluerob
  • Score: 39

5:31pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Cyprusblue says...

Congratulations. We'll earned and deserved.
Congratulations. We'll earned and deserved. Cyprusblue
  • Score: 32

5:32pm Mon 21 Apr 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Just brilliant. We're nailed on to stay up next season with Dyche's all round dietary and training philosophy bringing the best out of such a small squad of limited talent. I can't see any other clubs being interested in him or him in any established Premier League clubs with the infrastructure we have at Burnley. Europe here we come.
Just brilliant. We're nailed on to stay up next season with Dyche's all round dietary and training philosophy bringing the best out of such a small squad of limited talent. I can't see any other clubs being interested in him or him in any established Premier League clubs with the infrastructure we have at Burnley. Europe here we come. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -166

5:32pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Dukes says...

Nice to see some rovers fans coming on saying good things. Your manager at burnley has been classed.
Nice to see some rovers fans coming on saying good things. Your manager at burnley has been classed. Dukes
  • Score: -148

5:35pm Mon 21 Apr 14

greenscreener says...

Congratulations to Sean Dyche and his team, well organised with a great work ethic sustained throughout the season. An excellent example of how to succeed in the Championship. Good luck in the Premiership.
Congratulations to Sean Dyche and his team, well organised with a great work ethic sustained throughout the season. An excellent example of how to succeed in the Championship. Good luck in the Premiership. greenscreener
  • Score: 28

5:36pm Mon 21 Apr 14

bluerob says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Just brilliant. We're nailed on to stay up next season with Dyche's all round dietary and training philosophy bringing the best out of such a small squad of limited talent. I can't see any other clubs being interested in him or him in any established Premier League clubs with the infrastructure we have at Burnley. Europe here we come.
I hope you keep him, but I could see Newcastle taking a close look at what he has achieved.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Just brilliant. We're nailed on to stay up next season with Dyche's all round dietary and training philosophy bringing the best out of such a small squad of limited talent. I can't see any other clubs being interested in him or him in any established Premier League clubs with the infrastructure we have at Burnley. Europe here we come.[/p][/quote]I hope you keep him, but I could see Newcastle taking a close look at what he has achieved. bluerob
  • Score: -18

5:55pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Steven Seagull says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Just brilliant. We're nailed on to stay up next season with Dyche's all round dietary and training philosophy bringing the best out of such a small squad of limited talent. I can't see any other clubs being interested in him or him in any established Premier League clubs with the infrastructure we have at Burnley. Europe here we come.
Is it hurting yet?
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Just brilliant. We're nailed on to stay up next season with Dyche's all round dietary and training philosophy bringing the best out of such a small squad of limited talent. I can't see any other clubs being interested in him or him in any established Premier League clubs with the infrastructure we have at Burnley. Europe here we come.[/p][/quote]Is it hurting yet? Steven Seagull
  • Score: 101

5:55pm Mon 21 Apr 14

George Oghani's Ironing Board says...

Deserved and Dyche deserves the awards he will get, if it wasn't for BrendaN Rodgers he should get the big one. Yes you could say Pearson but what he has done with you lot is remarkable, good luck RTID
Deserved and Dyche deserves the awards he will get, if it wasn't for BrendaN Rodgers he should get the big one. Yes you could say Pearson but what he has done with you lot is remarkable, good luck RTID George Oghani's Ironing Board
  • Score: 27

5:56pm Mon 21 Apr 14

bluebud says...

Wel done Burnley fans. Hope we join you in top league soon.
Wel done Burnley fans. Hope we join you in top league soon. bluebud
  • Score: 26

6:13pm Mon 21 Apr 14

burnleyglentoran says...

Hope the promotion helps towards Gary Parkinson on the road to recovery.

Thinking of Parky on this fantastic day.

BURNELY FC -

LANCASHIRES ONE AND ONLY PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB!!!!!!!!!!
Hope the promotion helps towards Gary Parkinson on the road to recovery. Thinking of Parky on this fantastic day. BURNELY FC - LANCASHIRES ONE AND ONLY PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB!!!!!!!!!! burnleyglentoran
  • Score: 33

6:21pm Mon 21 Apr 14

juanbbien says...

What was the attendance
What was the attendance juanbbien
  • Score: -17

6:29pm Mon 21 Apr 14

capri1 says...

Well done Burnley you've punched above your weight all season and deserve to be promoted enjoy next season, hope we can join you the season after

COYB
Well done Burnley you've punched above your weight all season and deserve to be promoted enjoy next season, hope we can join you the season after COYB capri1
  • Score: 21

6:45pm Mon 21 Apr 14

chez rover says...

Well done from a rovers fan. You thoroughly deserve everything you got this season. Hopefully we can join you via the play offs. Doubt it tho. I'm gunna miss the Derby day atmosphere but I'm sure we'll meet again. Hopefully in the prem like 2010. Best of luck for next season!!
Well done from a rovers fan. You thoroughly deserve everything you got this season. Hopefully we can join you via the play offs. Doubt it tho. I'm gunna miss the Derby day atmosphere but I'm sure we'll meet again. Hopefully in the prem like 2010. Best of luck for next season!! chez rover
  • Score: 82

6:46pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Steven Seagull says...

juanbbien wrote:
What was the attendance
Who gives a f**k?
[quote][p][bold]juanbbien[/bold] wrote: What was the attendance[/p][/quote]Who gives a f**k? Steven Seagull
  • Score: -1

6:50pm Mon 21 Apr 14

hugofakenham says...

Fantastic achievement with 2 games to go.
What an exceptional manager and squad.
He will eventually go to a bigger club but hope we can keep him at least one full season.
I don;t think he'll leave us n the lurch like Coyle did.s
Ithought Cotterill and Howe were/are good manager but The Ginger Mourinho is something else.
Congrats to all at Burnley FC.
Fantastic achievement with 2 games to go. What an exceptional manager and squad. He will eventually go to a bigger club but hope we can keep him at least one full season. I don;t think he'll leave us n the lurch like Coyle did.s Ithought Cotterill and Howe were/are good manager but The Ginger Mourinho is something else. Congrats to all at Burnley FC. hugofakenham
  • Score: 19

6:55pm Mon 21 Apr 14

MightyClaret says...

Amazing day, So proud to be a Claret UTC SEAN DYCHE IS GOD
Amazing day, So proud to be a Claret UTC SEAN DYCHE IS GOD MightyClaret
  • Score: 13

7:01pm Mon 21 Apr 14

stevieclaret says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Just brilliant. We're nailed on to stay up next season with Dyche's all round dietary and training philosophy bringing the best out of such a small squad of limited talent. I can't see any other clubs being interested in him or him in any established Premier League clubs with the infrastructure we have at Burnley. Europe here we come.
You complete buffoon. Go away...
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Just brilliant. We're nailed on to stay up next season with Dyche's all round dietary and training philosophy bringing the best out of such a small squad of limited talent. I can't see any other clubs being interested in him or him in any established Premier League clubs with the infrastructure we have at Burnley. Europe here we come.[/p][/quote]You complete buffoon. Go away... stevieclaret
  • Score: 66

7:09pm Mon 21 Apr 14

chegwin says...

How many plastics on at t'urd then?
How many plastics on at t'urd then? chegwin
  • Score: -147

7:13pm Mon 21 Apr 14

stevieclaret says...

juanbbien wrote:
What was the attendance
We sold out and bout 900 from wigan
[quote][p][bold]juanbbien[/bold] wrote: What was the attendance[/p][/quote]We sold out and bout 900 from wigan stevieclaret
  • Score: 10

7:37pm Mon 21 Apr 14

baz58 says...

Well done totally deserved, from a Rover of 52 years.
Well done totally deserved, from a Rover of 52 years. baz58
  • Score: 28

7:44pm Mon 21 Apr 14

no ney never says...

BURNLEY FC.
Premier League.

Sounds Fantastic. Well done all.
Thanks to the rovers fans for their congratulations. Gracefully given and received with gratitude.

Vorsprung Dyche Technic.
BURNLEY FC. Premier League. Sounds Fantastic. Well done all. Thanks to the rovers fans for their congratulations. Gracefully given and received with gratitude. Vorsprung Dyche Technic. no ney never
  • Score: 35

7:44pm Mon 21 Apr 14

brfc1979 says...

quality all season well done dingles
quality all season well done dingles brfc1979
  • Score: 27

7:46pm Mon 21 Apr 14

bluebud says...

stevieclaret wrote:
juanbbien wrote:
What was the attendance
We sold out and bout 900 from wigan
19,125
[quote][p][bold]stevieclaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]juanbbien[/bold] wrote: What was the attendance[/p][/quote]We sold out and bout 900 from wigan[/p][/quote]19,125 bluebud
  • Score: 12

7:46pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Steven Seagull says...

chegwin wrote:
How many plastics on at t'urd then?
As I have already said, who.gives a f**k? What matters is that we're in the PREMIER LEAGUE.
[quote][p][bold]chegwin[/bold] wrote: How many plastics on at t'urd then?[/p][/quote]As I have already said, who.gives a f**k? What matters is that we're in the PREMIER LEAGUE. Steven Seagull
  • Score: 4

7:50pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Hovis1945 says...

As a Rovers fan for almost 60 years I am pleased that Burnley have been promoted, if Rovers can't do it we must put rivalry aside and wish any north west club well. Well done Burnley, here is hoping for Blackpool, Preston, Accy, Morecambe, Fleetwood, Chorley and a host of other clubs in the north west. We leave those southerners cold when it comes to football!
As a Rovers fan for almost 60 years I am pleased that Burnley have been promoted, if Rovers can't do it we must put rivalry aside and wish any north west club well. Well done Burnley, here is hoping for Blackpool, Preston, Accy, Morecambe, Fleetwood, Chorley and a host of other clubs in the north west. We leave those southerners cold when it comes to football! Hovis1945
  • Score: 32

8:04pm Mon 21 Apr 14

inishowen claret says...

fantastic result, fantastic season, wish i would visit turf more often. Still it has been great watching in from this claret outpost in the most north westerly corner of Europe. I have been a claret since 1962 and this ranks right up there with other great moments. I hope we can hold on to Sean and i know we will survive in the prem
fantastic result, fantastic season, wish i would visit turf more often. Still it has been great watching in from this claret outpost in the most north westerly corner of Europe. I have been a claret since 1962 and this ranks right up there with other great moments. I hope we can hold on to Sean and i know we will survive in the prem inishowen claret
  • Score: 14

8:07pm Mon 21 Apr 14

stevewhipp says...

Get in!!!!

Up (to the PL!) the Clarets!
Get in!!!! Up (to the PL!) the Clarets! stevewhipp
  • Score: 10

8:18pm Mon 21 Apr 14

look.up.blackburn. says...

Well done lads. What a performance, what a day!

It's been a more than deserved end to a incredible season that has seen little old Burnley, forth favourites for relegation, spend just £400k and achieve automatic promotion playing the best football in the Championship, drawing admirers from all corners, under simply the most talented young English manager in many years.

Well done to the Rovers fans who are big enough to acknowledge the progress made by the Clarets and congratulated them on the reward.

and lol, simply LOL to those bitter b45tards who can't stand us going up.

BURNLEY FC ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!
Well done lads. What a performance, what a day! It's been a more than deserved end to a incredible season that has seen little old Burnley, forth favourites for relegation, spend just £400k and achieve automatic promotion playing the best football in the Championship, drawing admirers from all corners, under simply the most talented young English manager in many years. Well done to the Rovers fans who are big enough to acknowledge the progress made by the Clarets and congratulated them on the reward. and lol, simply LOL to those bitter b45tards who can't stand us going up. BURNLEY FC ARE PREMIER LEAGUE! look.up.blackburn.
  • Score: 19

8:37pm Mon 21 Apr 14

drunken donut says...

Well done to the proper Burnley fans, hope we can join you in 12 months
Well done to the proper Burnley fans, hope we can join you in 12 months drunken donut
  • Score: 71

8:42pm Mon 21 Apr 14

matey_from_brighton says...

nice one Burnleys your gain (dyche) is definitely our(Watford) loss. Glad you have gone up - good luck next year.
nice one Burnleys your gain (dyche) is definitely our(Watford) loss. Glad you have gone up - good luck next year. matey_from_brighton
  • Score: 23

8:47pm Mon 21 Apr 14

MightyClaret says...

BURNLEYARE BACK HELLO HELLO
BURNLEYARE BACK HELLO HELLO MightyClaret
  • Score: 6

9:03pm Mon 21 Apr 14

juanbbien says...

juanbbien wrote:
What was the attendance
I don't know why I was given minus arrows,I was just genuinely interested no ulterior motive I assure you
[quote][p][bold]juanbbien[/bold] wrote: What was the attendance[/p][/quote]I don't know why I was given minus arrows,I was just genuinely interested no ulterior motive I assure you juanbbien
  • Score: -365

9:13pm Mon 21 Apr 14

RobH2O says...

juanbbien wrote:
juanbbien wrote:
What was the attendance
I don't know why I was given minus arrows,I was just genuinely interested no ulterior motive I assure you
19,125. 1,170 from Wigan. 17,995 home seats, all sold.
[quote][p][bold]juanbbien[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]juanbbien[/bold] wrote: What was the attendance[/p][/quote]I don't know why I was given minus arrows,I was just genuinely interested no ulterior motive I assure you[/p][/quote]19,125. 1,170 from Wigan. 17,995 home seats, all sold. RobH2O
  • Score: 19

9:23pm Mon 21 Apr 14

spudpaul61 says...

Well what a fab end to a fab season fully deserved massive well done to all concerned!!! Just seen the ginger genius saying that already we are being written off for next season by all the usual suspects, I say this if anyone can prove that them all wrong SD can well done UTC
Well what a fab end to a fab season fully deserved massive well done to all concerned!!! Just seen the ginger genius saying that already we are being written off for next season by all the usual suspects, I say this if anyone can prove that them all wrong SD can well done UTC spudpaul61
  • Score: 10

9:34pm Mon 21 Apr 14

weloveburnleyfc says...

I've recently come home from party. I dont remember myself as much happier.Burnley is my life, but i know it looks like strange for Lancashire people i'm from Turkey...

I hope one day i can come to Turf Moor and chants with Clarets fans.

Well done boys. Let's beat United again !!!
I've recently come home from party. I dont remember myself as much happier.Burnley is my life, but i know it looks like strange for Lancashire people i'm from Turkey... I hope one day i can come to Turf Moor and chants with Clarets fans. Well done boys. Let's beat United again !!! weloveburnleyfc
  • Score: 17

9:40pm Mon 21 Apr 14

hugofakenham says...

What odds could you get now for the Clarets staying in the Prem next season.
Surely worth a bet !
What odds could you get now for the Clarets staying in the Prem next season. Surely worth a bet ! hugofakenham
  • Score: 3

10:01pm Mon 21 Apr 14

dallydally says...

From a Rovers fan through and through - well done, you deserve it
From a Rovers fan through and through - well done, you deserve it dallydally
  • Score: 24

10:43pm Mon 21 Apr 14

johnnoblue says...

Well done Clarets & Sean.
However we must not forget Eddie Howe, who bought Trippier ,Mee,Ings and Vokes for peanuts, plus Austin for only 1 Million pounds ,and who we sold for 4 and a half million.
Let us hope we don't do a Blackpool, next season
Well done Clarets & Sean. However we must not forget Eddie Howe, who bought Trippier ,Mee,Ings and Vokes for peanuts, plus Austin for only 1 Million pounds ,and who we sold for 4 and a half million. Let us hope we don't do a Blackpool, next season johnnoblue
  • Score: 3

10:48pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Pompey Claret says...

First of all I'd like to thank the genuine Rovers supporters for there congratulations very much appreciated. Thanks too to the other comments from other fans supporting other teams.

A big congratulations to Burnley football Club and all involved in this momentous season and what has been achieved.

UTC
First of all I'd like to thank the genuine Rovers supporters for there congratulations very much appreciated. Thanks too to the other comments from other fans supporting other teams. A big congratulations to Burnley football Club and all involved in this momentous season and what has been achieved. UTC Pompey Claret
  • Score: 20

12:16am Tue 22 Apr 14

owd nick says...

Well done guys, from a Rovers fan of 44 years and counting, been there, done it, bought the T shirt.

Sorry I couldn't get on earlier.

The league table never, ever lies, you deserve it, enjoy.
Well done guys, from a Rovers fan of 44 years and counting, been there, done it, bought the T shirt. Sorry I couldn't get on earlier. The league table never, ever lies, you deserve it, enjoy. owd nick
  • Score: 114

12:27am Tue 22 Apr 14

owd nick says...

look.up.blackburn. wrote:
Well done lads. What a performance, what a day!

It's been a more than deserved end to a incredible season that has seen little old Burnley, forth favourites for relegation, spend just £400k and achieve automatic promotion playing the best football in the Championship, drawing admirers from all corners, under simply the most talented young English manager in many years.

Well done to the Rovers fans who are big enough to acknowledge the progress made by the Clarets and congratulated them on the reward.

and lol, simply LOL to those bitter b45tards who can't stand us going up.

BURNLEY FC ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!
And there is always one knobhead to spoil it.

I have just been through all this thread, as a Rovers fan I didn't have to, very little if any bitterness from Rovers fans so why the comment?

The vast majority have congratulated Burnley on a magnificent achievement, including myself as I said I would many times.

Nothing wrong with banter and friendly(or not so friendly) rivalry but there has always got to be a modicum of respect, something you and your multitude of ID's totally lack.

I am not bitter nor am I a B*****d.

Let's hope that if we go up next season you will have the balls to reciprocate, I very much doubt it, and I certainly won't be holding my breath ,troll.
[quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: Well done lads. What a performance, what a day! It's been a more than deserved end to a incredible season that has seen little old Burnley, forth favourites for relegation, spend just £400k and achieve automatic promotion playing the best football in the Championship, drawing admirers from all corners, under simply the most talented young English manager in many years. Well done to the Rovers fans who are big enough to acknowledge the progress made by the Clarets and congratulated them on the reward. and lol, simply LOL to those bitter b45tards who can't stand us going up. BURNLEY FC ARE PREMIER LEAGUE![/p][/quote]And there is always one knobhead to spoil it. I have just been through all this thread, as a Rovers fan I didn't have to, very little if any bitterness from Rovers fans so why the comment? The vast majority have congratulated Burnley on a magnificent achievement, including myself as I said I would many times. Nothing wrong with banter and friendly(or not so friendly) rivalry but there has always got to be a modicum of respect, something you and your multitude of ID's totally lack. I am not bitter nor am I a B*****d. Let's hope that if we go up next season you will have the balls to reciprocate, I very much doubt it, and I certainly won't be holding my breath ,troll. owd nick
  • Score: 0

11:16am Tue 22 Apr 14

Super_Clarets says...

owd nick wrote:
look.up.blackburn. wrote:
Well done lads. What a performance, what a day!

It's been a more than deserved end to a incredible season that has seen little old Burnley, forth favourites for relegation, spend just £400k and achieve automatic promotion playing the best football in the Championship, drawing admirers from all corners, under simply the most talented young English manager in many years.

Well done to the Rovers fans who are big enough to acknowledge the progress made by the Clarets and congratulated them on the reward.

and lol, simply LOL to those bitter b45tards who can't stand us going up.

BURNLEY FC ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!
And there is always one knobhead to spoil it.

I have just been through all this thread, as a Rovers fan I didn't have to, very little if any bitterness from Rovers fans so why the comment?

The vast majority have congratulated Burnley on a magnificent achievement, including myself as I said I would many times.

Nothing wrong with banter and friendly(or not so friendly) rivalry but there has always got to be a modicum of respect, something you and your multitude of ID's totally lack.

I am not bitter nor am I a B*****d.

Let's hope that if we go up next season you will have the balls to reciprocate, I very much doubt it, and I certainly won't be holding my breath ,troll.
What I really don't understand is how on earth you can truly believe you will be anywhere near going up next season?

I know some of you clowns try to be over optimistic at times, and I can understand that given the state of your club at the present time, but to think you'll be promoted is as far fetched as me saying that Burnley will reach the Champions League at the end of next season.

The fact is your club has only been as high as 8th throughout the whole season. You have played some dire football under the guidance of probably the most boring, uninspiring and over-promoted football manager in the country.

You really need to take a long hard look at what you now are and accept your place. You will never again play in the top division of English football. Your recent successes have been bought for you, your false position in the premier league was all funded and when the money ran out down you went, and all the while your rivals have achieved a place amongst the elite WITHOUT spending any money!

Wake up you mug.
[quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: Well done lads. What a performance, what a day! It's been a more than deserved end to a incredible season that has seen little old Burnley, forth favourites for relegation, spend just £400k and achieve automatic promotion playing the best football in the Championship, drawing admirers from all corners, under simply the most talented young English manager in many years. Well done to the Rovers fans who are big enough to acknowledge the progress made by the Clarets and congratulated them on the reward. and lol, simply LOL to those bitter b45tards who can't stand us going up. BURNLEY FC ARE PREMIER LEAGUE![/p][/quote]And there is always one knobhead to spoil it. I have just been through all this thread, as a Rovers fan I didn't have to, very little if any bitterness from Rovers fans so why the comment? The vast majority have congratulated Burnley on a magnificent achievement, including myself as I said I would many times. Nothing wrong with banter and friendly(or not so friendly) rivalry but there has always got to be a modicum of respect, something you and your multitude of ID's totally lack. I am not bitter nor am I a B*****d. Let's hope that if we go up next season you will have the balls to reciprocate, I very much doubt it, and I certainly won't be holding my breath ,troll.[/p][/quote]What I really don't understand is how on earth you can truly believe you will be anywhere near going up next season? I know some of you clowns try to be over optimistic at times, and I can understand that given the state of your club at the present time, but to think you'll be promoted is as far fetched as me saying that Burnley will reach the Champions League at the end of next season. The fact is your club has only been as high as 8th throughout the whole season. You have played some dire football under the guidance of probably the most boring, uninspiring and over-promoted football manager in the country. You really need to take a long hard look at what you now are and accept your place. You will never again play in the top division of English football. Your recent successes have been bought for you, your false position in the premier league was all funded and when the money ran out down you went, and all the while your rivals have achieved a place amongst the elite WITHOUT spending any money! Wake up you mug. Super_Clarets
  • Score: -2

12:46pm Tue 22 Apr 14

slants says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
chegwin wrote:
How many plastics on at t'urd then?
As I have already said, who.gives a f**k? What matters is that we're in the PREMIER LEAGUE.
and what does that matter you cretin.Apart from lining the pockets of the directors etc what will happen in the boring league zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzz
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chegwin[/bold] wrote: How many plastics on at t'urd then?[/p][/quote]As I have already said, who.gives a f**k? What matters is that we're in the PREMIER LEAGUE.[/p][/quote]and what does that matter you cretin.Apart from lining the pockets of the directors etc what will happen in the boring league zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz slants
  • Score: -8

1:59pm Tue 22 Apr 14

handyamBRFC says...

Congratulations to Burnley FC
always been in the shadow of BRFC for so long
but above all expectations
have gained promotion
AMAZIN, UNBELIEVABLE

WELL done Burnley
hope you enjoy your stay in the premiership
me dad used to have a house just behind Turf Moor
on Albert street about 33 years back
so i remember going past when i was a kid...!

What BURNLEY have achieved is truly remarkable
small town club
little if any finance
small squad

but showed the mighty Rovers
how to do it

albiet i am a Rovers suppporter...!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO BURNLEY
well done...!!
Congratulations to Burnley FC always been in the shadow of BRFC for so long but above all expectations have gained promotion AMAZIN, UNBELIEVABLE WELL done Burnley hope you enjoy your stay in the premiership me dad used to have a house just behind Turf Moor on Albert street about 33 years back so i remember going past when i was a kid...! What BURNLEY have achieved is truly remarkable small town club little if any finance small squad but showed the mighty Rovers how to do it albiet i am a Rovers suppporter...!! CONGRATULATIONS TO BURNLEY well done...!! handyamBRFC
  • Score: 5

2:24pm Tue 22 Apr 14

Steven Seagull says...

slants wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
chegwin wrote:
How many plastics on at t'urd then?
As I have already said, who.gives a f**k? What matters is that we're in the PREMIER LEAGUE.
and what does that matter you cretin.Apart from lining the pockets of the directors etc what will happen in the boring league zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzz
Sorry I don't speak mong so I don't understand what you're on about.
[quote][p][bold]slants[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chegwin[/bold] wrote: How many plastics on at t'urd then?[/p][/quote]As I have already said, who.gives a f**k? What matters is that we're in the PREMIER LEAGUE.[/p][/quote]and what does that matter you cretin.Apart from lining the pockets of the directors etc what will happen in the boring league zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz[/p][/quote]Sorry I don't speak mong so I don't understand what you're on about. Steven Seagull
  • Score: -3

2:46pm Tue 22 Apr 14

Super_Clarets says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
slants wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
chegwin wrote:
How many plastics on at t'urd then?
As I have already said, who.gives a f**k? What matters is that we're in the PREMIER LEAGUE.
and what does that matter you cretin.Apart from lining the pockets of the directors etc what will happen in the boring league zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


zzz
Sorry I don't speak mong so I don't understand what you're on about.
I took the liberty of running the post in question through my Google No-dad translator and it came out as follows....

"I'm so very jealous of Burnley FC. Jealous that your superior team has achieved the impossible dream this season, that you have done it without throwing around vast sums of money, That you have a manager to be truly proud of, that you have a team willing to fight all the way for your club and its proud history, that you have taken away my urine-stained 34 year comfort blanket, that you have dominated us in every single area and shamed us with the points gap throughout the season, but most of all that you are heading for the Premier League while my club and its few remaining supporters desperately cling onto whatever we can to distract ourselves from the misery of our decline into obscurity. Whinge moan, sob, Bowyer out."
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]slants[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chegwin[/bold] wrote: How many plastics on at t'urd then?[/p][/quote]As I have already said, who.gives a f**k? What matters is that we're in the PREMIER LEAGUE.[/p][/quote]and what does that matter you cretin.Apart from lining the pockets of the directors etc what will happen in the boring league zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz[/p][/quote]Sorry I don't speak mong so I don't understand what you're on about.[/p][/quote]I took the liberty of running the post in question through my Google No-dad translator and it came out as follows.... "I'm so very jealous of Burnley FC. Jealous that your superior team has achieved the impossible dream this season, that you have done it without throwing around vast sums of money, That you have a manager to be truly proud of, that you have a team willing to fight all the way for your club and its proud history, that you have taken away my urine-stained 34 year comfort blanket, that you have dominated us in every single area and shamed us with the points gap throughout the season, but most of all that you are heading for the Premier League while my club and its few remaining supporters desperately cling onto whatever we can to distract ourselves from the misery of our decline into obscurity. Whinge moan, sob, Bowyer out." Super_Clarets
  • Score: 1

4:41pm Tue 22 Apr 14

zulu_sotv says...

Well done to Burnley from a Birmingham fan.
Fully deserved, what a magnificent job Dyche has done.
Well done to Burnley from a Birmingham fan. Fully deserved, what a magnificent job Dyche has done. zulu_sotv
  • Score: 10

5:11pm Tue 22 Apr 14

owd nick says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
owd nick wrote:
look.up.blackburn. wrote:
Well done lads. What a performance, what a day!

It's been a more than deserved end to a incredible season that has seen little old Burnley, forth favourites for relegation, spend just £400k and achieve automatic promotion playing the best football in the Championship, drawing admirers from all corners, under simply the most talented young English manager in many years.

Well done to the Rovers fans who are big enough to acknowledge the progress made by the Clarets and congratulated them on the reward.

and lol, simply LOL to those bitter b45tards who can't stand us going up.

BURNLEY FC ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!
And there is always one knobhead to spoil it.

I have just been through all this thread, as a Rovers fan I didn't have to, very little if any bitterness from Rovers fans so why the comment?

The vast majority have congratulated Burnley on a magnificent achievement, including myself as I said I would many times.

Nothing wrong with banter and friendly(or not so friendly) rivalry but there has always got to be a modicum of respect, something you and your multitude of ID's totally lack.

I am not bitter nor am I a B*****d.

Let's hope that if we go up next season you will have the balls to reciprocate, I very much doubt it, and I certainly won't be holding my breath ,troll.
What I really don't understand is how on earth you can truly believe you will be anywhere near going up next season?

I know some of you clowns try to be over optimistic at times, and I can understand that given the state of your club at the present time, but to think you'll be promoted is as far fetched as me saying that Burnley will reach the Champions League at the end of next season.

The fact is your club has only been as high as 8th throughout the whole season. You have played some dire football under the guidance of probably the most boring, uninspiring and over-promoted football manager in the country.

You really need to take a long hard look at what you now are and accept your place. You will never again play in the top division of English football. Your recent successes have been bought for you, your false position in the premier league was all funded and when the money ran out down you went, and all the while your rivals have achieved a place amongst the elite WITHOUT spending any money!

Wake up you mug.
At least you managed to remember to change your avatar name this time, 11 more to go, including the new one you have just created of the Rovers thread.

YCMIU.
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: Well done lads. What a performance, what a day! It's been a more than deserved end to a incredible season that has seen little old Burnley, forth favourites for relegation, spend just £400k and achieve automatic promotion playing the best football in the Championship, drawing admirers from all corners, under simply the most talented young English manager in many years. Well done to the Rovers fans who are big enough to acknowledge the progress made by the Clarets and congratulated them on the reward. and lol, simply LOL to those bitter b45tards who can't stand us going up. BURNLEY FC ARE PREMIER LEAGUE![/p][/quote]And there is always one knobhead to spoil it. I have just been through all this thread, as a Rovers fan I didn't have to, very little if any bitterness from Rovers fans so why the comment? The vast majority have congratulated Burnley on a magnificent achievement, including myself as I said I would many times. Nothing wrong with banter and friendly(or not so friendly) rivalry but there has always got to be a modicum of respect, something you and your multitude of ID's totally lack. I am not bitter nor am I a B*****d. Let's hope that if we go up next season you will have the balls to reciprocate, I very much doubt it, and I certainly won't be holding my breath ,troll.[/p][/quote]What I really don't understand is how on earth you can truly believe you will be anywhere near going up next season? I know some of you clowns try to be over optimistic at times, and I can understand that given the state of your club at the present time, but to think you'll be promoted is as far fetched as me saying that Burnley will reach the Champions League at the end of next season. The fact is your club has only been as high as 8th throughout the whole season. You have played some dire football under the guidance of probably the most boring, uninspiring and over-promoted football manager in the country. You really need to take a long hard look at what you now are and accept your place. You will never again play in the top division of English football. Your recent successes have been bought for you, your false position in the premier league was all funded and when the money ran out down you went, and all the while your rivals have achieved a place amongst the elite WITHOUT spending any money! Wake up you mug.[/p][/quote]At least you managed to remember to change your avatar name this time, 11 more to go, including the new one you have just created of the Rovers thread. YCMIU. owd nick
  • Score: 0

6:19pm Tue 22 Apr 14

accrington lad says...

juanbbien wrote:
What was the attendance
19,125 (about 900 from Wigan)
[quote][p][bold]juanbbien[/bold] wrote: What was the attendance[/p][/quote]19,125 (about 900 from Wigan) accrington lad
  • Score: 1

6:20pm Tue 22 Apr 14

Legal Beagle says...

How sad but how predictable. The thread starts with decent contributors from both sets of supporters expressing their pleasure at what is by any standard a tremendous achievement. But then like maggots out of a rotting fish come the sad little cretins who haunt these boards with their childish insults and petty little jibes.

It's a shame the boards aren't more actively moderated so that such lowlife could be eliminated for ever.

Anyway, from a born and bred Liverpool supporter well done to Burnley and looking forward to playing you next season - it'll be a pleasant novelty to have to drive only a few miles to a game.
How sad but how predictable. The thread starts with decent contributors from both sets of supporters expressing their pleasure at what is by any standard a tremendous achievement. But then like maggots out of a rotting fish come the sad little cretins who haunt these boards with their childish insults and petty little jibes. It's a shame the boards aren't more actively moderated so that such lowlife could be eliminated for ever. Anyway, from a born and bred Liverpool supporter well done to Burnley and looking forward to playing you next season - it'll be a pleasant novelty to have to drive only a few miles to a game. Legal Beagle
  • Score: 6

4:15pm Wed 23 Apr 14

L1882 says...

Indeed Legal - just goes to show it only takes one!

Anyway, it was a fantastic day and really did put the cherry on top of what has been a simply remarkable season.

Thanks to the Rovers fans for the kind words - I know it wouldn't be easy for me if the boot was on the other foot so the effort and genuine sentiment is much appreciated
Indeed Legal - just goes to show it only takes one! Anyway, it was a fantastic day and really did put the cherry on top of what has been a simply remarkable season. Thanks to the Rovers fans for the kind words - I know it wouldn't be easy for me if the boot was on the other foot so the effort and genuine sentiment is much appreciated L1882
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree