SAM Vokes reacquainted himself with the Claret and Blue of Burnley last night, as Eddie Howe’s side stretched their pre-season winning run.

Hours after completing his move from Wolves the targetman came close to marking his second Clarets debut with a goal.

But in the end Keith Treacy’s long-range opener, George Porter’s first for the club and a late Ross Wallace rocket, were enough to get the better of non-league Bath.

Burnley began with a fluid front four, with Danny Ings again running from deep to support lone striker Charlie Austin.

But the duo couldn’t reproduce the firepower of previous friendlies.

Both were on the scoresheet against Altrincham, while Ings popped up with a late winner at Bury last week. However, the pair had decent chances thwarted in the first half.

Austin had a far post header from Chris McCann’s excellent delivery from the left deflected behind by Danny Ball.

Ings went on to have a low shot saved by the goalkeeper’s feet, after earlier firing over from the edge of the box.

There were other efforts for Kieran Trippier, who sprinted onto a free kick that Junior Stanislas rolled from left to right but blazed over.

In open play Stanislas posed a regular threat with his runs down the right channel, flashing an early effort wide across goal, while left back Daniel Lafferty couldn’t capitalise on an empty after a mix-up between the goalkeeper and a defender on the edge of the box before the break.

Howe had made wholesale changes at half-time in the first two friendlies, but last night chose to wait until the hour before bringing on fresh legs.

They had the added boost of a 1-0 lead, after Treacy gave the Clarets the advantage they had craved just before the substitutes were introduced.

The Irish winger, who was the provider for Austin’s fourth against Altrincham and Ings winner at Bury, picked the ball up off Ings and drilled a shot inside the near post from at least 25 yards in the 56th minute.

Howe, who may have concerns over a knock to Trippier, changed his entire outfield moments later, playing three centre halves and two wing backs as he had at Gigg Lane a week earlier.

But the night took a bizarre twist as play resumed following treatment to Trippier and the changes with Adie Harris lobbing goalkeeper Brian Jensen.

Looking a little uncertain about how events had unfolded, the referee awarded the goal, but then instructed Bath to allow Burnley to regain the lead from the restart.

Porter was allowed to run freely with the ball into the box, but the goalkeeper had not picked up on the referee’s instructions and stopped a tame effort.

The penny quickly dropped, though, and Porter was allowed a second attempt to make the score 2-1.

Vokes had a couple of chances to increase the lead, but fluffed his lines, before Wallace wrapped up a third straight pre-season win with a left-foot drive into the bottom corner.

n Martin Paterson missed the game after taking a slight knock to his knee in training .

BURNLEY (first half): Brian Jensen; Kieran Trippier, Michael Duff, Ben Mee, Daniel Lafferty; Dean Marney, Chris McCann; Junior Stanislas, Danny Ings, Keith Treacy; Charlie Austin.

BURNLEY (from 60 mins): Brian Jensen; Kevin Long, David Edgar, Jason Shackell; Luke O’Neill, Steven Hewitt, Alex MacDonald, Joseph Mills; George Porter, Ross Wallace; Sam Vokes.

ATT: 558