When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Burnley players take to Twitter to respond to Howe's resignation
9:24am Saturday 13th October 2012 in Football
BURNLEY players yesterday took to Twitter to voice their thoughts on Eddie Howe’s departure – with Marvin Bartley insisting he was not part of the deal.
Bartley has been linked with a return to Bournemouth but the midfielder said he was not part of the package to take Howe back to Dean Court – even though rumours persist that he could follow his boss back to the south coast.
“Not sure where the rumour started but I’m not part of any deal to go anywhere,” Bartley tweeted.
“Going to chill out and enjoy my time off.”
Striker Charlie Austin had said a day earlier that he hoped Howe would stay but would understand any decision the manager made.
“Family first football second #thats life,” he tweeted yesterday.
“Going to enjoy my days off enjoy my family time then be ready for whatever lies ahead at BFC.”
Defender Michael Duff said: “Random day in the fun factory! Time to regroup me thinks!”
Burnley operations director Brendan Flood tweeted: “It’s always possible to get good people into Burnley and we will.
“We have a great club, passionate fans and we love our town.”