Lancashire TelegraphSteve Kean says Jordan Rhodes can be a Rovers legend (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Steve Kean says Jordan Rhodes can be a Rovers legend

Lancashire Telegraph: GREATS Jordan Rhodes (centre) has been tipped to emulate the likes of Alan Shearer (left) and Simon Garner (right) GREATS Jordan Rhodes (centre) has been tipped to emulate the likes of Alan Shearer (left) and Simon Garner (right)

ROVERS boss Steve Kean has backed Jordan Rhodes to bring the good times back to Ewood Park, and sit alongside Alan Shearer and Simon Garner as one of the club’s striking stars.

The record signing is set for his home debut against Barnsley tonight (kick-off 7.45pm), fresh from scoring twice in Saturday’s 5-3 win at Bristol City – his first goals for his new club.

And Kean believes the man who became a number one target after firing 40 goals in Huddersfield’s promotion season, is already establishing himself as a fans’ favourite.

“I think when you’ve got a number nine, a genuine striker that scores, the fans right away can identify with him,” he said.

“He’s got the knack of scoring goals, but I think he can do the lot.

“He can hold the ball up, he can score, he can bring other people into the game.

“I think he’s got an unbelievable chance of being a top, top player.

“He’s looked immaculate since his first game.

“Fans love strikers because ultimately they score goals that win you games.

“There’s no reason why he can’t be one of the most famous strikers we’ve had, and there have been some class ones down the years.”

But while Kean accepts it’s natural for people to compare him to formidable forwards from down the years, he feels the 22-year-old will make a name for himself in his own right.

“He’s always going to get the tags of famous number nines we’ve had here but I think he’s the type of boy that would like to be his own man,” said the Blackburn manager, who insists Rhodes is already proving he has what it takes to handle the pressure of the price tag.

“He’s very level-headed, I think that’s credit to his parents. I’ve spoken to his dad (former goalkeeper Andy Rhodes) since he signed.

“He's come from a footballing background so that's really helped. The times when everybody's getting carried away, his mum and a dad are there to tell him to do his stuff, go into the place and be humble, and he's certainly been that.”

Kean named him among the most natural finishers he has worked with in his career, including Luis Saha, Brian McBride and Karl Heinz Reidle during his time on the backroom staff at Fulham “I've worked with a few naturals over the years, guys that could finish very easily, but I think at such a young age he's probably got the oldest head for such a young man,” he said.

“He seems to be a lot older than he is, which I think is a very good thing for him because he can take everything in his stride. Five or six years from now he could be unbelievable.”

Kean has set his sights on promotion much sooner than that - an immediate return in fact following relegation last season - and sees Rhodes as a key figure in their bid to reclaim their Premier League place, making their £8million a sound investment.

“I said when some of the Press said it was a massive fee I think he'll score at least 20 goals for us this season, I think we'll get promoted, and then all of a sudden you're thinking if you've scored that amount of goals and you're going up into the next division and you're such a young man it will prove it's been a good bit of business for us,” he said.

“If you can secure your Premier League funding by getting the goals – he's not only scoring them but providing them – I think he can score double figures before Christmas, you're on track then to get his 20-plus goals.

“Then what's he going to be valued at?”

But the Rovers boss knows their defensive work is just as vital, after shipping six goals in their last two games.

“It puts pressure on everybody, but I wouldn't say it's defensive mistakes as in defenders,” he continued.

“Some of the goals we conceded on Saturday, it's the knock on effect to when it hits the back of the net. Higher up the pitch it might be a striker, it might be a midfield player that's not put enough pressure on the ball, the ball comes into the box too easily.

“I think we've got to accept the goals we conceded are as a team. We defend as a team. If we don't defend as a team in some situations we leave ourselves an uphill struggle because you've got to score so many goals to get the points.”

But despite putting more emphasis on boosting his attacking options in the transfer market, Kean insists he will work with the squad he’s got rather than look for reinforcements in the loan window.

“We feel we've got a good enough group that we can work with them on the training ground and improve them, keep the goals coming in and try to minimise the goals against column,” said the Scot, who is without Gael Givet tonight after the Frenchman suffered a deadleg on Saturday.

Marcus Olsson was also a first-half casualty at Ashton Gate and has been ruled out for seven to 10 days with a slight hamstring tear, but is expecting to have Jason Lowe available following injury.

Comments (77)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:00am Tue 18 Sep 12

whittleblue says...

Somewhat early to be making such comparisons but thats Kean for you. However there was some similarity with Rhodes second goal and a certain alan shearer early in his rovers career with a goal at Crystal Palace, should Rhodes turn out in touching distance of shearer then I think we'll all be satisfied
Somewhat early to be making such comparisons but thats Kean for you. However there was some similarity with Rhodes second goal and a certain alan shearer early in his rovers career with a goal at Crystal Palace, should Rhodes turn out in touching distance of shearer then I think we'll all be satisfied whittleblue
  • Score: 17

10:01am Tue 18 Sep 12

bypass06 says...

“Then what's he going to be valued at?”

Enough said.
“Then what's he going to be valued at?” Enough said. bypass06
  • Score: 17

10:04am Tue 18 Sep 12

angryandy says...

Heard this sort of comparison a few times now: "The new Denis Irwin", "The new this that and the other". Gets very tedious at times but I really hope you're right!!!!!!
Heard this sort of comparison a few times now: "The new Denis Irwin", "The new this that and the other". Gets very tedious at times but I really hope you're right!!!!!! angryandy
  • Score: 11

10:05am Tue 18 Sep 12

janus1947 says...

“Then what's he going to be valued at?”
That line, sat in the middle of the above story, speaks volumes for the mentality of the current regime. More profit, more agents' fees, more management " bonuses "
Rhodes would have a better chance of improvement under a different regime
“Then what's he going to be valued at?” That line, sat in the middle of the above story, speaks volumes for the mentality of the current regime. More profit, more agents' fees, more management " bonuses " Rhodes would have a better chance of improvement under a different regime janus1947
  • Score: 14

10:06am Tue 18 Sep 12

dangerous dave says...

The 'good times' will only come back with the fans flocking back to Ewood when Kean has left the club - he and his cohorts have done great damage to this once great traditional family club and has achieved the worst thing of all setting' fan against fan'!!
OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY SINGH AGNEW VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.
The 'good times' will only come back with the fans flocking back to Ewood when Kean has left the club - he and his cohorts have done great damage to this once great traditional family club and has achieved the worst thing of all setting' fan against fan'!! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY SINGH AGNEW VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS. dangerous dave
  • Score: 17

10:31am Tue 18 Sep 12

Rovers21 says...

I can definitely understand why people might read into SK's comments regarding future value, and that making comparisons after a couple of appearences could be a touch premature.

But, amid all that's going on at Rovers right now, I am genuinely excited at the prospect of seeing what Rhodes can do over the coming weeks/months.

Something for all Rovers fans to look forward to. (Including the day SK is eventually disposed of!)
I can definitely understand why people might read into SK's comments regarding future value, and that making comparisons after a couple of appearences could be a touch premature. But, amid all that's going on at Rovers right now, I am genuinely excited at the prospect of seeing what Rhodes can do over the coming weeks/months. Something for all Rovers fans to look forward to. (Including the day SK is eventually disposed of!) Rovers21
  • Score: 16

10:34am Tue 18 Sep 12

rovers82 says...

It's too early to tell if Rhodes will be a Rovers legend, but Kean, with your record, you proved yourself a 'legend' already
It's too early to tell if Rhodes will be a Rovers legend, but Kean, with your record, you proved yourself a 'legend' already rovers82
  • Score: 1

10:34am Tue 18 Sep 12

BRFC_riversider says...

"Kean named him among the most natural finishers he has worked with in his career, including Luis Saha, Brian McBride and Karl Heinz Reidle"
"“I've worked with a few naturals over the years"

Makes me cringe every time he opens his pie hole!

Get out of our club!
"Kean named him among the most natural finishers he has worked with in his career, including Luis Saha, Brian McBride and Karl Heinz Reidle" "“I've worked with a few naturals over the years" Makes me cringe every time he opens his pie hole! Get out of our club! BRFC_riversider
  • Score: 16

10:40am Tue 18 Sep 12

jogalot says...

Drunk again, Kean? Can't keep your big mouth shut? How on earth will any of your statements help Rhodes? You are just piling the pressure on him, when you should be taking it off. Kean you are a total tosser!
.
"The times when everybody's getting carried away, his mum and a dad are there to tell him to do his stuff, go into the place and be humble, and he's certainly been that.” That applies to you too, Kean! Getting carried away. You should be looking out for the young lad, not just his mum and dad.

|Resign now! Do the right thing for the first time in your life! KEAN OUT!
Drunk again, Kean? Can't keep your big mouth shut? How on earth will any of your statements help Rhodes? You are just piling the pressure on him, when you should be taking it off. Kean you are a total tosser! . "The times when everybody's getting carried away, his mum and a dad are there to tell him to do his stuff, go into the place and be humble, and he's certainly been that.” That applies to you too, Kean! Getting carried away. You should be looking out for the young lad, not just his mum and dad. |Resign now! Do the right thing for the first time in your life! KEAN OUT! jogalot
  • Score: 19

10:43am Tue 18 Sep 12

angryandy says...

A small minor point---the great Simon Garner was a Number 10 but I get what you're trying to say!!!!!
A small minor point---the great Simon Garner was a Number 10 but I get what you're trying to say!!!!! angryandy
  • Score: 6

10:45am Tue 18 Sep 12

chez rover says...

dangerous dave wrote:
The 'good times' will only come back with the fans flocking back to Ewood when Kean has left the club - he and his cohorts have done great damage to this once great traditional family club and has achieved the worst thing of all setting' fan against fan'!! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY SINGH AGNEW VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.
We all hate Kean and thousands would come back if/when he leaves but for now maybe you should just give it a rest.

Lets get behing Rhodes and lads tonight!!!!
Come on Rovers!!!!
[quote][p][bold]dangerous dave[/bold] wrote: The 'good times' will only come back with the fans flocking back to Ewood when Kean has left the club - he and his cohorts have done great damage to this once great traditional family club and has achieved the worst thing of all setting' fan against fan'!! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY SINGH AGNEW VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.[/p][/quote]We all hate Kean and thousands would come back if/when he leaves but for now maybe you should just give it a rest. Lets get behing Rhodes and lads tonight!!!! Come on Rovers!!!! chez rover
  • Score: 3

10:53am Tue 18 Sep 12

MxMave says...

I love how Craig Levin is downplaying Rhodes massively, trying not to ruin his career by overburdening him with expectation and then you have Steve Kean doing the exact opposite trying to demolish his career before its properly started.

I remmeber BFS doing the same thing when he was at Rovers and protecting Hoilett and Kalinic by downplaying them and giving them oppertunity without burdening them with expectation. Kean is clueless how to MANAGE players let alone a football team.
I love how Craig Levin is downplaying Rhodes massively, trying not to ruin his career by overburdening him with expectation and then you have Steve Kean doing the exact opposite trying to demolish his career before its properly started. I remmeber BFS doing the same thing when he was at Rovers and protecting Hoilett and Kalinic by downplaying them and giving them oppertunity without burdening them with expectation. Kean is clueless how to MANAGE players let alone a football team. MxMave
  • Score: 24

10:54am Tue 18 Sep 12

MxMave says...

BRFC_riversider wrote:
"Kean named him among the most natural finishers he has worked with in his career, including Luis Saha, Brian McBride and Karl Heinz Reidle"
"“I've worked with a few naturals over the years"

Makes me cringe every time he opens his pie hole!

Get out of our club!
I'm sure he'll have seen them playing from an adjacent pitch where he was managing the under 9's.
[quote][p][bold]BRFC_riversider[/bold] wrote: "Kean named him among the most natural finishers he has worked with in his career, including Luis Saha, Brian McBride and Karl Heinz Reidle" "“I've worked with a few naturals over the years" Makes me cringe every time he opens his pie hole! Get out of our club![/p][/quote]I'm sure he'll have seen them playing from an adjacent pitch where he was managing the under 9's. MxMave
  • Score: 9

10:58am Tue 18 Sep 12

Boris The Spider says...

A few things spring to mind: -

1. What does Kean know about Rovers legends?

2. What chance is there that Kean will improve him?

3. How big is the release clause in his contract that I am sure Kean will have agreed to?

4. How big is the sell on fee to Huddersfield - again, I am sure Kean will have agreed to one.

That said - I hope Rhodes does develop in to a top class striker.
A few things spring to mind: - 1. What does Kean know about Rovers legends? 2. What chance is there that Kean will improve him? 3. How big is the release clause in his contract that I am sure Kean will have agreed to? 4. How big is the sell on fee to Huddersfield - again, I am sure Kean will have agreed to one. That said - I hope Rhodes does develop in to a top class striker. Boris The Spider
  • Score: 8

10:59am Tue 18 Sep 12

unclejacklegend says...

Shut it kean, that is all.
Shut it kean, that is all. unclejacklegend
  • Score: 15

11:11am Tue 18 Sep 12

chrisyg says...

For gods sake, just shut up Kean, you stupid man.

Why don't you try and lessen the weight of expectation on the lads shoulders?
For gods sake, just shut up Kean, you stupid man. Why don't you try and lessen the weight of expectation on the lads shoulders? chrisyg
  • Score: 14

11:23am Tue 18 Sep 12

handsj14 says...

Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!!
Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!! handsj14
  • Score: -11

11:28am Tue 18 Sep 12

Bazzer says...

handsj14 wrote:
Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!!
But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.
[quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!![/p][/quote]But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow. Bazzer
  • Score: 17

11:36am Tue 18 Sep 12

londonrover says...

"Jordan Rhodes can be a legend" maybe but Kean you slubberdegullion will NEVER be. Take a hike you plank!
"Jordan Rhodes can be a legend" maybe but Kean you slubberdegullion will NEVER be. Take a hike you plank! londonrover
  • Score: 9

11:55am Tue 18 Sep 12

AndyW says...

MxMave wrote:
I love how Craig Levin is downplaying Rhodes massively, trying not to ruin his career by overburdening him with expectation and then you have Steve Kean doing the exact opposite trying to demolish his career before its properly started.

I remmeber BFS doing the same thing when he was at Rovers and protecting Hoilett and Kalinic by downplaying them and giving them oppertunity without burdening them with expectation. Kean is clueless how to MANAGE players let alone a football team.
Exactly.

The difference between a proper manager with a clue and Kean.
[quote][p][bold]MxMave[/bold] wrote: I love how Craig Levin is downplaying Rhodes massively, trying not to ruin his career by overburdening him with expectation and then you have Steve Kean doing the exact opposite trying to demolish his career before its properly started. I remmeber BFS doing the same thing when he was at Rovers and protecting Hoilett and Kalinic by downplaying them and giving them oppertunity without burdening them with expectation. Kean is clueless how to MANAGE players let alone a football team.[/p][/quote]Exactly. The difference between a proper manager with a clue and Kean. AndyW
  • Score: 9

11:59am Tue 18 Sep 12

OnePostThenTheOther says...

“I think when you’ve got a number nine, a genuine striker that scores, the fans right away can identify with him"

Isn't that Rhodes with '11' on his shorts?

My guess isn't that Jordan is unable to dress himself properly, but rather diwn to the incompetence of the buffoon that calls himself a 'manager'. Yet more QED, if any where needed
“I think when you’ve got a number nine, a genuine striker that scores, the fans right away can identify with him" Isn't that Rhodes with '11' on his shorts? My guess isn't that Jordan is unable to dress himself properly, but rather diwn to the incompetence of the buffoon that calls himself a 'manager'. Yet more QED, if any where needed OnePostThenTheOther
  • Score: 5

12:09pm Tue 18 Sep 12

handsj14 says...

Bazzer wrote:
handsj14 wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!!
But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.
So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??
[quote][p][bold]Bazzer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!![/p][/quote]But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.[/p][/quote]So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond?? handsj14
  • Score: -3

12:12pm Tue 18 Sep 12

makaveli96 says...

Whys there no pictures of Nathan Blake, Jimmy Quinn and Duncan Shearer?
Whys there no pictures of Nathan Blake, Jimmy Quinn and Duncan Shearer? makaveli96
  • Score: 1

12:17pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Crow27 says...

Don't put pressure on the lad, he looks good and is a good finisher! Don't compare him to other players and let hm enjoy scoring goals for Rovers! Look at all the strikers Newcastle have had to try and replace Shearer, impossible! Some people cannot be replaced or compared!
Don't put pressure on the lad, he looks good and is a good finisher! Don't compare him to other players and let hm enjoy scoring goals for Rovers! Look at all the strikers Newcastle have had to try and replace Shearer, impossible! Some people cannot be replaced or compared! Crow27
  • Score: 5

12:20pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Rovers75 says...

“There’s no reason why he can’t be one of the most famous strikers we’ve had, and there have been some class ones down the years.” ....Kean doesn't actually mention Shearer or Garner...or Speedie, Sutton,Newell, Wegerle etc etc but this thing he has about comparing players to greats of the game has to stop because it's amateurish. This idiot just doesn't learn......Bit of thread this but I'm as anti Kean as the vast majority. He's a very very lucky man to have even been appointed manager and especially by some miracle keep hold of his job after a catastrophic 2 years such is the ignorance of madame and Venkys. The facts are though we are winning games and are top of the league. Our squad (in my opinion) is the best in the league. So good in comparison to most, even Keans inempt management skills and utter 5hit defensive tactics should be good enough to at least get in the play-offs, even though we all want automatic promotion. Maybe that's arrogant after only a handfull of games but we've had a decent start and the facts are he isn't going to be sacked whilst we're winning games, which is surely what we all want. It's the classic catch 22 I suppose.....do we want to win games but accept Kean is here for now, or do we want to lose games, Kean get the sack, then get a new manager who is willing to work under madame and her cronies come in and want to assemble his own squad? Personally, I would put up with his cringe worthy bull 5hit if we go back up. Surely his total lack of management skill would see him last only a few games in the Premier League before he was axed. Or would it?
“There’s no reason why he can’t be one of the most famous strikers we’ve had, and there have been some class ones down the years.” ....Kean doesn't actually mention Shearer or Garner...or Speedie, Sutton,Newell, Wegerle etc etc but this thing he has about comparing players to greats of the game has to stop because it's amateurish. This idiot just doesn't learn......Bit of thread this but I'm as anti Kean as the vast majority. He's a very very lucky man to have even been appointed manager and especially by some miracle keep hold of his job after a catastrophic 2 years such is the ignorance of madame and Venkys. The facts are though we are winning games and are top of the league. Our squad (in my opinion) is the best in the league. So good in comparison to most, even Keans inempt management skills and utter 5hit defensive tactics should be good enough to at least get in the play-offs, even though we all want automatic promotion. Maybe that's arrogant after only a handfull of games but we've had a decent start and the facts are he isn't going to be sacked whilst we're winning games, which is surely what we all want. It's the classic catch 22 I suppose.....do we want to win games but accept Kean is here for now, or do we want to lose games, Kean get the sack, then get a new manager who is willing to work under madame and her cronies come in and want to assemble his own squad? Personally, I would put up with his cringe worthy bull 5hit if we go back up. Surely his total lack of management skill would see him last only a few games in the Premier League before he was axed. Or would it? Rovers75
  • Score: 1

12:27pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Billypieman says...

handsj14 wrote:
Bazzer wrote:
handsj14 wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!!
But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.
So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??
How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign."
[quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bazzer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!![/p][/quote]But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.[/p][/quote]So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??[/p][/quote]How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign." Billypieman
  • Score: 13

12:27pm Tue 18 Sep 12

eddie the eagle says...

handsj14 wrote:
Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!!
That's how low Kean has sunk,we are top of the league and he is still hated.He is a dead man walking because he will never be accepted.
[quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!![/p][/quote]That's how low Kean has sunk,we are top of the league and he is still hated.He is a dead man walking because he will never be accepted. eddie the eagle
  • Score: 8

12:37pm Tue 18 Sep 12

bburnrover says...

Well let us hope he is correct in fact I know Kean is right about Rhodes you tend to get what you pay for even Davies ended up proving he was a good player be it at Bolton.

I just hope you all forget about Kean and turn up to see our scoring sensation in the flesh tonight - you will if your a proper fan.
Well let us hope he is correct in fact I know Kean is right about Rhodes you tend to get what you pay for even Davies ended up proving he was a good player be it at Bolton. I just hope you all forget about Kean and turn up to see our scoring sensation in the flesh tonight - you will if your a proper fan. bburnrover
  • Score: -5

12:37pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Bazzer says...

Billypieman wrote:
handsj14 wrote:
Bazzer wrote:
handsj14 wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!!
But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.
So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??
How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign."
Beat me to it.
[quote][p][bold]Billypieman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bazzer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!![/p][/quote]But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.[/p][/quote]So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??[/p][/quote]How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign."[/p][/quote]Beat me to it. Bazzer
  • Score: 6

12:37pm Tue 18 Sep 12

earwego says...

Keith Hill( Barnsley manager) "When you can invest the type of money they’ve invested, you’d probably ask yourself why they didn’t invest it last January to at least give themselves an opportunity to retain their Premier League status".
Are you reading Venky's,Kean?. So why didn't you? Even opposing managers are baffled. Its a bloody disgrace how you can praise the investment in the team this season ,when you should have invested it last season,stable doors and horses spring to mind,and how you can be satisfied with Rovers defence this season is just as baffling. Get a grip,see what's staring you in the face. Sort it out.
Keith Hill( Barnsley manager) "When you can invest the type of money they’ve invested, you’d probably ask yourself why they didn’t invest it last January to at least give themselves an opportunity to retain their Premier League status". Are you reading Venky's,Kean?. So why didn't you? Even opposing managers are baffled. Its a bloody disgrace how you can praise the investment in the team this season ,when you should have invested it last season,stable doors and horses spring to mind,and how you can be satisfied with Rovers defence this season is just as baffling. Get a grip,see what's staring you in the face. Sort it out. earwego
  • Score: 12

12:41pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Rovers 1495 says...

bypass06 wrote:
“Then what's he going to be valued at?”

Enough said.
Exactly ... what a tool
[quote][p][bold]bypass06[/bold] wrote: “Then what's he going to be valued at?” Enough said.[/p][/quote]Exactly ... what a tool Rovers 1495
  • Score: 6

12:42pm Tue 18 Sep 12

dangerous dave says...

chez rovers - so your fading into the paint work and becoming a chicken lover - unlike thousands of others who have made their stance and are entitled to their say and stay away until the idiot and his mates have gone!
OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY AGNEW SINGH VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.
chez rovers - so your fading into the paint work and becoming a chicken lover - unlike thousands of others who have made their stance and are entitled to their say and stay away until the idiot and his mates have gone! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY AGNEW SINGH VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS. dangerous dave
  • Score: 5

12:43pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Rovers 1495 says...

janus1947 wrote:
“Then what's he going to be valued at?”
That line, sat in the middle of the above story, speaks volumes for the mentality of the current regime. More profit, more agents' fees, more management " bonuses "
Rhodes would have a better chance of improvement under a different regime
Carragher in
[quote][p][bold]janus1947[/bold] wrote: “Then what's he going to be valued at?” That line, sat in the middle of the above story, speaks volumes for the mentality of the current regime. More profit, more agents' fees, more management " bonuses " Rhodes would have a better chance of improvement under a different regime[/p][/quote]Carragher in Rovers 1495
  • Score: 3

12:47pm Tue 18 Sep 12

CheshireRover says...

Sorry MxMave, don't get your argument. BFS played down Kalinic and Hoilett, so Kean's wrong to big-up Rhodes. But what have Kalinic and Hoilett achieved? Returned to Europe playing who knows where, and joined the Mark Hughes fantasy football bandwaggon at QPR (based on FIFA 2010), where he's once again set the Premier League on fire.....

I'm not happy with Kean and cringe when he opens his mouth, but everyone in the media is talking about the 'ridiculous' money we've spent on Rhodes, so he has no choice but to respond and if he said "well you're right we've bought a turnip that'll amount to nothing", are you going to say that's good management?

Everyone's been saying Rhodes looks like the real deal. Sure he has to mature and we have to see if he's able to deal with it and make the transitions as he moves up the leagues, but there's nothing wrong with saying he looks as good as we've had - we chased him for long enough, he'd better be good!
Sorry MxMave, don't get your argument. BFS played down Kalinic and Hoilett, so Kean's wrong to big-up Rhodes. But what have Kalinic and Hoilett achieved? Returned to Europe playing who knows where, and joined the Mark Hughes fantasy football bandwaggon at QPR (based on FIFA 2010), where he's once again set the Premier League on fire..... I'm not happy with Kean and cringe when he opens his mouth, but everyone in the media is talking about the 'ridiculous' money we've spent on Rhodes, so he has no choice but to respond and if he said "well you're right we've bought a turnip that'll amount to nothing", are you going to say that's good management? Everyone's been saying Rhodes looks like the real deal. Sure he has to mature and we have to see if he's able to deal with it and make the transitions as he moves up the leagues, but there's nothing wrong with saying he looks as good as we've had - we chased him for long enough, he'd better be good! CheshireRover
  • Score: 2

12:47pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Rovers 1495 says...

Rovers21 wrote:
I can definitely understand why people might read into SK's comments regarding future value, and that making comparisons after a couple of appearences could be a touch premature.

But, amid all that's going on at Rovers right now, I am genuinely excited at the prospect of seeing what Rhodes can do over the coming weeks/months.

Something for all Rovers fans to look forward to. (Including the day SK is eventually disposed of!)
Drop a couple of points, Stevie ... Shebby ... Aim ... Fire
[quote][p][bold]Rovers21[/bold] wrote: I can definitely understand why people might read into SK's comments regarding future value, and that making comparisons after a couple of appearences could be a touch premature. But, amid all that's going on at Rovers right now, I am genuinely excited at the prospect of seeing what Rhodes can do over the coming weeks/months. Something for all Rovers fans to look forward to. (Including the day SK is eventually disposed of!)[/p][/quote]Drop a couple of points, Stevie ... Shebby ... Aim ... Fire Rovers 1495
  • Score: 2

1:05pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Only1TonyFinnigan says...

Alan Shearer became a Rovers legend due to the fact we had a manager who knew about tactics!
Mr Rhodes will not become a legend playing alone up front. I am sure the great Mr Shearer would not have performed as he did, without service.
If we have the best forwards / midfielders in the league, which I am pretty sure we have, why do we play with one up front!
Kean pays to much respect to sides we should not be worried about, and creates negativity with his sh!te tactics.
4-4-2 with our team, against anyone in that division, would see us back to the Premier, without doubt..
With current tactics & manager, I'm afraid legend status at Ewood is a thing of the past, unless, like Mr Kean you can become a leg-end!
Alan Shearer became a Rovers legend due to the fact we had a manager who knew about tactics! Mr Rhodes will not become a legend playing alone up front. I am sure the great Mr Shearer would not have performed as he did, without service. If we have the best forwards / midfielders in the league, which I am pretty sure we have, why do we play with one up front! Kean pays to much respect to sides we should not be worried about, and creates negativity with his sh!te tactics. 4-4-2 with our team, against anyone in that division, would see us back to the Premier, without doubt.. With current tactics & manager, I'm afraid legend status at Ewood is a thing of the past, unless, like Mr Kean you can become a leg-end! Only1TonyFinnigan
  • Score: 9

1:18pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Rishtonian says...

bburnrover wrote:
Well let us hope he is correct in fact I know Kean is right about Rhodes you tend to get what you pay for even Davies ended up proving he was a good player be it at Bolton.

I just hope you all forget about Kean and turn up to see our scoring sensation in the flesh tonight - you will if your a proper fan.
will never return till Kean has gone
[quote][p][bold]bburnrover[/bold] wrote: Well let us hope he is correct in fact I know Kean is right about Rhodes you tend to get what you pay for even Davies ended up proving he was a good player be it at Bolton. I just hope you all forget about Kean and turn up to see our scoring sensation in the flesh tonight - you will if your a proper fan.[/p][/quote]will never return till Kean has gone Rishtonian
  • Score: 3

1:21pm Tue 18 Sep 12

chez rover says...

dangerous dave wrote:
chez rovers - so your fading into the paint work and becoming a chicken lover - unlike thousands of others who have made their stance and are entitled to their say and stay away until the idiot and his mates have gone! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY AGNEW SINGH VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.
No not at all. I hate Kean and Venkys for what they have done and i haven't re newed my season ticket for the first time in five years. And yes you are entitled to your say and opinion. Didn't say you wasn't. I went against Hull and i'm going tonight. We've had such a torrid time as fans that all i was saying is maybe its time we looked at the situation. Top of the leauge, unbeaten, best Championship squad bar none, favourites to go up, and a striker who is favourite to be top scorer. Apologies for trying to find a positive outlook on what has been a horrible last 2 years as a Blackburn Fan. Bottom line is Kean will not be sacked, harsh but true, and Venkys in my opinion have made a positive step this season with the money that has been spent.

So i'll say it again
Get behind Rovers tonight and lets see if we can keep this 100% home record. Come on Rovers!!!
[quote][p][bold]dangerous dave[/bold] wrote: chez rovers - so your fading into the paint work and becoming a chicken lover - unlike thousands of others who have made their stance and are entitled to their say and stay away until the idiot and his mates have gone! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY AGNEW SINGH VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.[/p][/quote]No not at all. I hate Kean and Venkys for what they have done and i haven't re newed my season ticket for the first time in five years. And yes you are entitled to your say and opinion. Didn't say you wasn't. I went against Hull and i'm going tonight. We've had such a torrid time as fans that all i was saying is maybe its time we looked at the situation. Top of the leauge, unbeaten, best Championship squad bar none, favourites to go up, and a striker who is favourite to be top scorer. Apologies for trying to find a positive outlook on what has been a horrible last 2 years as a Blackburn Fan. Bottom line is Kean will not be sacked, harsh but true, and Venkys in my opinion have made a positive step this season with the money that has been spent. So i'll say it again Get behind Rovers tonight and lets see if we can keep this 100% home record. Come on Rovers!!! chez rover
  • Score: -1

1:33pm Tue 18 Sep 12

FCBurnley says...

Bit harsh to call Rhodes a leg end after only a couple of games. Give the lad a chance. Hope is is soon worth 20 mill, cos that`ll mean Charlie Austin is worth 40 mill. God save the Kean
Bit harsh to call Rhodes a leg end after only a couple of games. Give the lad a chance. Hope is is soon worth 20 mill, cos that`ll mean Charlie Austin is worth 40 mill. God save the Kean FCBurnley
  • Score: 0

1:39pm Tue 18 Sep 12

JessePinkman says...

Terrible man management, the lad must be immense pressure now.

The burden of becoming the next Brian Mcbride is more than any young player should have to bare.
Terrible man management, the lad must be immense pressure now. The burden of becoming the next Brian Mcbride is more than any young player should have to bare. JessePinkman
  • Score: 0

1:39pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Coeur de Lion says...

makaveli96 wrote:
Whys there no pictures of Nathan Blake, Jimmy Quinn and Duncan Shearer?
Andy Kennedy? Everyone can remember what they were doing on the night Kennedy scored.
[quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: Whys there no pictures of Nathan Blake, Jimmy Quinn and Duncan Shearer?[/p][/quote]Andy Kennedy? Everyone can remember what they were doing on the night Kennedy scored. Coeur de Lion
  • Score: 0

1:45pm Tue 18 Sep 12

buzzinfly says...

Grabbi
Grabbi buzzinfly
  • Score: 0

2:10pm Tue 18 Sep 12

handsj14 says...

Bazzer wrote:
Billypieman wrote:
handsj14 wrote:
Bazzer wrote:
handsj14 wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!!
But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.
So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??
How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign."
Beat me to it.
Do you believe in miracles??
[quote][p][bold]Bazzer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billypieman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bazzer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!![/p][/quote]But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.[/p][/quote]So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??[/p][/quote]How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign."[/p][/quote]Beat me to it.[/p][/quote]Do you believe in miracles?? handsj14
  • Score: 1

2:47pm Tue 18 Sep 12

MxMave says...

CheshireRover wrote:
Sorry MxMave, don't get your argument. BFS played down Kalinic and Hoilett, so Kean's wrong to big-up Rhodes. But what have Kalinic and Hoilett achieved? Returned to Europe playing who knows where, and joined the Mark Hughes fantasy football bandwaggon at QPR (based on FIFA 2010), where he's once again set the Premier League on fire.....

I'm not happy with Kean and cringe when he opens his mouth, but everyone in the media is talking about the 'ridiculous' money we've spent on Rhodes, so he has no choice but to respond and if he said "well you're right we've bought a turnip that'll amount to nothing", are you going to say that's good management?

Everyone's been saying Rhodes looks like the real deal. Sure he has to mature and we have to see if he's able to deal with it and make the transitions as he moves up the leagues, but there's nothing wrong with saying he looks as good as we've had - we chased him for long enough, he'd better be good!
BFS had an EXTENSIVE career in player management, when he worked in the US he built up his experience with handling players properly. Steve Kean has had no such training or experience. Your saying Stevie is correct to big up a 21 y/o lad at this stage of his career? Look at Andy Carroll and the direction his career has taken since the hype started. It dosen't take a genious to realise that you need to keep thier heads from over-inflating. At the end of the day Rhodes has scored 2 goals for his new club in the championship, hardly worth Keans ecstatic remarks.

Heres a link to the Craig Levein article, a manager who at least knows what he's doing with players.

http://www.dailymail
.co.uk/sport/footbal
l/article-2200793/Cr
aig-Levein-wont-forc
ed-start-Jordan-Rhod
es.html?openGraphAut
hor=%2Fhome%2Fsearch
.html%3Fs%3D%26autho
rnamef%3DStephen%2BM
cgowan
[quote][p][bold]CheshireRover[/bold] wrote: Sorry MxMave, don't get your argument. BFS played down Kalinic and Hoilett, so Kean's wrong to big-up Rhodes. But what have Kalinic and Hoilett achieved? Returned to Europe playing who knows where, and joined the Mark Hughes fantasy football bandwaggon at QPR (based on FIFA 2010), where he's once again set the Premier League on fire..... I'm not happy with Kean and cringe when he opens his mouth, but everyone in the media is talking about the 'ridiculous' money we've spent on Rhodes, so he has no choice but to respond and if he said "well you're right we've bought a turnip that'll amount to nothing", are you going to say that's good management? Everyone's been saying Rhodes looks like the real deal. Sure he has to mature and we have to see if he's able to deal with it and make the transitions as he moves up the leagues, but there's nothing wrong with saying he looks as good as we've had - we chased him for long enough, he'd better be good![/p][/quote]BFS had an EXTENSIVE career in player management, when he worked in the US he built up his experience with handling players properly. Steve Kean has had no such training or experience. Your saying Stevie is correct to big up a 21 y/o lad at this stage of his career? Look at Andy Carroll and the direction his career has taken since the hype started. It dosen't take a genious to realise that you need to keep thier heads from over-inflating. At the end of the day Rhodes has scored 2 goals for his new club in the championship, hardly worth Keans ecstatic remarks. Heres a link to the Craig Levein article, a manager who at least knows what he's doing with players. http://www.dailymail .co.uk/sport/footbal l/article-2200793/Cr aig-Levein-wont-forc ed-start-Jordan-Rhod es.html?openGraphAut hor=%2Fhome%2Fsearch .html%3Fs%3D%26autho rnamef%3DStephen%2BM cgowan MxMave
  • Score: 0

2:52pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Only1TonyFinnigan says...

FCBurnley wrote:
Bit harsh to call Rhodes a leg end after only a couple of games. Give the lad a chance. Hope is is soon worth 20 mill, cos that`ll mean Charlie Austin is worth 40 mill. God save the Kean
£1 million per finger, Shagrag!!

Steve Austin was only worth £6million, but only had 4 x fingers and a thumb per hand and couldn't play dualling banjo's!
[quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: Bit harsh to call Rhodes a leg end after only a couple of games. Give the lad a chance. Hope is is soon worth 20 mill, cos that`ll mean Charlie Austin is worth 40 mill. God save the Kean[/p][/quote]£1 million per finger, Shagrag!! Steve Austin was only worth £6million, but only had 4 x fingers and a thumb per hand and couldn't play dualling banjo's! Only1TonyFinnigan
  • Score: 3

2:57pm Tue 18 Sep 12

ponyton says...

handsj14 wrote:
Bazzer wrote:
Billypieman wrote:
handsj14 wrote:
Bazzer wrote:
handsj14 wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!!
But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.
So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??
How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign."
Beat me to it.
Do you believe in miracles??
The point is , its not simply about football and winning games , its also about people that represent your town and club, is it acceptable behaviour for senior management and coaching staff ,at Rovers to be "proven liars" , convicted drunk drivers then lie embroil about how you became to be drunk and then blame the supporters for spiking your drink, then to lie and slander a man who held the job before you , is it acceptable to go bankrupt by gambling then swindling ,conning an old couples pension /life savings ,this is not rumour this is all FACT .
This is not acceptable behaviour , our children will see this as the norm if we all simply say "its football they can get away with it" it is NOT the norm , the behaviour of these two Blackburn employees is simply not acceptable to the majority of decent Rovers supporters , we want our club ran by decent honest people ,not men that don`t know the fundamental difference between a pack of sordid lies and simple words of the truth.
[quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bazzer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billypieman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bazzer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!![/p][/quote]But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.[/p][/quote]So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??[/p][/quote]How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign."[/p][/quote]Beat me to it.[/p][/quote]Do you believe in miracles??[/p][/quote]The point is , its not simply about football and winning games , its also about people that represent your town and club, is it acceptable behaviour for senior management and coaching staff ,at Rovers to be "proven liars" , convicted drunk drivers then lie embroil about how you became to be drunk and then blame the supporters for spiking your drink, then to lie and slander a man who held the job before you , is it acceptable to go bankrupt by gambling then swindling ,conning an old couples pension /life savings ,this is not rumour this is all FACT . This is not acceptable behaviour , our children will see this as the norm if we all simply say "its football they can get away with it" it is NOT the norm , the behaviour of these two Blackburn employees is simply not acceptable to the majority of decent Rovers supporters , we want our club ran by decent honest people ,not men that don`t know the fundamental difference between a pack of sordid lies and simple words of the truth. ponyton
  • Score: 5

3:01pm Tue 18 Sep 12

champs95 says...

FCBurnley wrote:
Bit harsh to call Rhodes a leg end after only a couple of games. Give the lad a chance. Hope is is soon worth 20 mill, cos that`ll mean Charlie Austin is worth 40 mill. God save the Kean
So in weird dingle logic you are saying Austin is twice the player Rhodes is? Have you seen them both play to make the comparison?

I haven't seen either of them play but will see Rhodes for the first time tonight. I'll have a bet with you on which player is the highest scorer this season, whoever loses the bet has to close their LT account.
[quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: Bit harsh to call Rhodes a leg end after only a couple of games. Give the lad a chance. Hope is is soon worth 20 mill, cos that`ll mean Charlie Austin is worth 40 mill. God save the Kean[/p][/quote]So in weird dingle logic you are saying Austin is twice the player Rhodes is? Have you seen them both play to make the comparison? I haven't seen either of them play but will see Rhodes for the first time tonight. I'll have a bet with you on which player is the highest scorer this season, whoever loses the bet has to close their LT account. champs95
  • Score: 2

3:04pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Gennoe1 says...

rovers82 wrote:
It's too early to tell if Rhodes will be a Rovers legend, but Kean, with your record, you proved yourself a 'legend' already
Nothing happened in 82,moron.
[quote][p][bold]rovers82[/bold] wrote: It's too early to tell if Rhodes will be a Rovers legend, but Kean, with your record, you proved yourself a 'legend' already[/p][/quote]Nothing happened in 82,moron. Gennoe1
  • Score: 0

3:13pm Tue 18 Sep 12

handsj14 says...

ponyton wrote:
handsj14 wrote:
Bazzer wrote:
Billypieman wrote:
handsj14 wrote:
Bazzer wrote:
handsj14 wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!!
But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.
So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??
How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign."
Beat me to it.
Do you believe in miracles??
The point is , its not simply about football and winning games , its also about people that represent your town and club, is it acceptable behaviour for senior management and coaching staff ,at Rovers to be "proven liars" , convicted drunk drivers then lie embroil about how you became to be drunk and then blame the supporters for spiking your drink, then to lie and slander a man who held the job before you , is it acceptable to go bankrupt by gambling then swindling ,conning an old couples pension /life savings ,this is not rumour this is all FACT . This is not acceptable behaviour , our children will see this as the norm if we all simply say "its football they can get away with it" it is NOT the norm , the behaviour of these two Blackburn employees is simply not acceptable to the majority of decent Rovers supporters , we want our club ran by decent honest people ,not men that don`t know the fundamental difference between a pack of sordid lies and simple words of the truth.
Ponyton I wholeheartedly agree with you. I like many Rovers fans think that morally its wrong to have Kean still in charge and for me Hendry should not be within 100 yards of the club. The point I have been trying to make is that despite all of this Kean is still in charge and manager and despite what we all think & want he will still be the manager for the forseeable future. I still support Rovers despite this and for all the fault attributed to Kean etc I still want the team to do well. I will still go to Ewood whether KEan is there or not because I am not singing his name I am cheering for the side and the players who I love!! Even if Kean gets us promoted I would still want him removed but I will not cut my nose off to spite my face.
[quote][p][bold]ponyton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bazzer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billypieman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bazzer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!![/p][/quote]But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.[/p][/quote]So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??[/p][/quote]How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign."[/p][/quote]Beat me to it.[/p][/quote]Do you believe in miracles??[/p][/quote]The point is , its not simply about football and winning games , its also about people that represent your town and club, is it acceptable behaviour for senior management and coaching staff ,at Rovers to be "proven liars" , convicted drunk drivers then lie embroil about how you became to be drunk and then blame the supporters for spiking your drink, then to lie and slander a man who held the job before you , is it acceptable to go bankrupt by gambling then swindling ,conning an old couples pension /life savings ,this is not rumour this is all FACT . This is not acceptable behaviour , our children will see this as the norm if we all simply say "its football they can get away with it" it is NOT the norm , the behaviour of these two Blackburn employees is simply not acceptable to the majority of decent Rovers supporters , we want our club ran by decent honest people ,not men that don`t know the fundamental difference between a pack of sordid lies and simple words of the truth.[/p][/quote]Ponyton I wholeheartedly agree with you. I like many Rovers fans think that morally its wrong to have Kean still in charge and for me Hendry should not be within 100 yards of the club. The point I have been trying to make is that despite all of this Kean is still in charge and manager and despite what we all think & want he will still be the manager for the forseeable future. I still support Rovers despite this and for all the fault attributed to Kean etc I still want the team to do well. I will still go to Ewood whether KEan is there or not because I am not singing his name I am cheering for the side and the players who I love!! Even if Kean gets us promoted I would still want him removed but I will not cut my nose off to spite my face. handsj14
  • Score: 0

3:17pm Tue 18 Sep 12

earwego says...

Rovers75 wrote:
“There’s no reason why he can’t be one of the most famous strikers we’ve had, and there have been some class ones down the years.” ....Kean doesn't actually mention Shearer or Garner...or Speedie, Sutton,Newell, Wegerle etc etc but this thing he has about comparing players to greats of the game has to stop because it's amateurish. This idiot just doesn't learn......Bit of thread this but I'm as anti Kean as the vast majority. He's a very very lucky man to have even been appointed manager and especially by some miracle keep hold of his job after a catastrophic 2 years such is the ignorance of madame and Venkys. The facts are though we are winning games and are top of the league. Our squad (in my opinion) is the best in the league. So good in comparison to most, even Keans inempt management skills and utter 5hit defensive tactics should be good enough to at least get in the play-offs, even though we all want automatic promotion. Maybe that's arrogant after only a handfull of games but we've had a decent start and the facts are he isn't going to be sacked whilst we're winning games, which is surely what we all want. It's the classic catch 22 I suppose.....do we want to win games but accept Kean is here for now, or do we want to lose games, Kean get the sack, then get a new manager who is willing to work under madame and her cronies come in and want to assemble his own squad? Personally, I would put up with his cringe worthy bull 5hit if we go back up. Surely his total lack of management skill would see him last only a few games in the Premier League before he was axed. Or would it?
Keans contract runs out in June,cant see Venky's trusting Kean to be a success in the Premier League if we get there. I think they will not renew and replace him,they have not invested these funds for Kean to bring us straight back down,too risky for them. That's assuming he is still here.
[quote][p][bold]Rovers75[/bold] wrote: “There’s no reason why he can’t be one of the most famous strikers we’ve had, and there have been some class ones down the years.” ....Kean doesn't actually mention Shearer or Garner...or Speedie, Sutton,Newell, Wegerle etc etc but this thing he has about comparing players to greats of the game has to stop because it's amateurish. This idiot just doesn't learn......Bit of thread this but I'm as anti Kean as the vast majority. He's a very very lucky man to have even been appointed manager and especially by some miracle keep hold of his job after a catastrophic 2 years such is the ignorance of madame and Venkys. The facts are though we are winning games and are top of the league. Our squad (in my opinion) is the best in the league. So good in comparison to most, even Keans inempt management skills and utter 5hit defensive tactics should be good enough to at least get in the play-offs, even though we all want automatic promotion. Maybe that's arrogant after only a handfull of games but we've had a decent start and the facts are he isn't going to be sacked whilst we're winning games, which is surely what we all want. It's the classic catch 22 I suppose.....do we want to win games but accept Kean is here for now, or do we want to lose games, Kean get the sack, then get a new manager who is willing to work under madame and her cronies come in and want to assemble his own squad? Personally, I would put up with his cringe worthy bull 5hit if we go back up. Surely his total lack of management skill would see him last only a few games in the Premier League before he was axed. Or would it?[/p][/quote]Keans contract runs out in June,cant see Venky's trusting Kean to be a success in the Premier League if we get there. I think they will not renew and replace him,they have not invested these funds for Kean to bring us straight back down,too risky for them. That's assuming he is still here. earwego
  • Score: -1

3:36pm Tue 18 Sep 12

ponyton says...

handssj14
You make a valid point , you say irrespective of this pair of dishonest , indecent ,dishonourable men in charge at Rovers right now you will still give them your money.
I wont.
We cannot sit back and allow people to buy out great football clubs , and then let such dishonourable people like our two Scottish highwaymen to control them.
handssj14 You make a valid point , you say irrespective of this pair of dishonest , indecent ,dishonourable men in charge at Rovers right now you will still give them your money. I wont. We cannot sit back and allow people to buy out great football clubs , and then let such dishonourable people like our two Scottish highwaymen to control them. ponyton
  • Score: 0

3:47pm Tue 18 Sep 12

MrBrightside87 says...

Kean has 9month left on his contract with no talk of renewal... Even that idiot can get this squad promoted... Then once back in the premiership, put the fool on gardening leave for the last few weeks of his contract and get a real manager in to keep us in the premiership! Get rid of kean without having to pay him off. I think this is venkys plan. Although I could be wrong!

Less of the moaning everyone... We are top of the league despite kean... Let's enjoy it...

E i e i e i o.... :-)
Kean has 9month left on his contract with no talk of renewal... Even that idiot can get this squad promoted... Then once back in the premiership, put the fool on gardening leave for the last few weeks of his contract and get a real manager in to keep us in the premiership! Get rid of kean without having to pay him off. I think this is venkys plan. Although I could be wrong! Less of the moaning everyone... We are top of the league despite kean... Let's enjoy it... E i e i e i o.... :-) MrBrightside87
  • Score: 0

3:54pm Tue 18 Sep 12

RUinsane says...

dangerous dave wrote:
The 'good times' will only come back with the fans flocking back to Ewood when Kean has left the club - he and his cohorts have done great damage to this once great traditional family club and has achieved the worst thing of all setting' fan against fan'!!
OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY SINGH AGNEW VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.
The fans will flock back the longer we stay at the top as they want to join in the fun with the rest of the 8000. Mark my words, the longer we stay at the top, the bigger the home ctowd. It is because there is glory to be hunted, and fair play, get down ewood and hunt some glory like we, the 8000
[quote][p][bold]dangerous dave[/bold] wrote: The 'good times' will only come back with the fans flocking back to Ewood when Kean has left the club - he and his cohorts have done great damage to this once great traditional family club and has achieved the worst thing of all setting' fan against fan'!! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY SINGH AGNEW VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.[/p][/quote]The fans will flock back the longer we stay at the top as they want to join in the fun with the rest of the 8000. Mark my words, the longer we stay at the top, the bigger the home ctowd. It is because there is glory to be hunted, and fair play, get down ewood and hunt some glory like we, the 8000 RUinsane
  • Score: -5

3:57pm Tue 18 Sep 12

RUinsane says...

rovers82 wrote:
It's too early to tell if Rhodes will be a Rovers legend, but Kean, with your record, you proved yourself a 'legend' already
dingle
[quote][p][bold]rovers82[/bold] wrote: It's too early to tell if Rhodes will be a Rovers legend, but Kean, with your record, you proved yourself a 'legend' already[/p][/quote]dingle RUinsane
  • Score: 1

4:04pm Tue 18 Sep 12

handsj14 says...

ponyton wrote:
handssj14 You make a valid point , you say irrespective of this pair of dishonest , indecent ,dishonourable men in charge at Rovers right now you will still give them your money. I wont. We cannot sit back and allow people to buy out great football clubs , and then let such dishonourable people like our two Scottish highwaymen to control them.
Again, very valid point however, I am a football man & I love the game and unfortunatley in this case I will continue to go to Ewood and support. I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinions & I respect yours. As for Messrs Kean & Hendry I have no doubt that they will get their comeuppance eventually. I just feel that Kean, Hendry & Venkeys are not going anywhere!!
[quote][p][bold]ponyton[/bold] wrote: handssj14 You make a valid point , you say irrespective of this pair of dishonest , indecent ,dishonourable men in charge at Rovers right now you will still give them your money. I wont. We cannot sit back and allow people to buy out great football clubs , and then let such dishonourable people like our two Scottish highwaymen to control them.[/p][/quote]Again, very valid point however, I am a football man & I love the game and unfortunatley in this case I will continue to go to Ewood and support. I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinions & I respect yours. As for Messrs Kean & Hendry I have no doubt that they will get their comeuppance eventually. I just feel that Kean, Hendry & Venkeys are not going anywhere!! handsj14
  • Score: -1

4:05pm Tue 18 Sep 12

RUinsane says...

dangerous dave wrote:
chez rovers - so your fading into the paint work and becoming a chicken lover - unlike thousands of others who have made their stance and are entitled to their say and stay away until the idiot and his mates have gone!
OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY AGNEW SINGH VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.
You guys keep staying away works for me. Best thing I ever suggested, total boycott by the protesters, now we're top of the league, so please, keep staying away. Maybe if you do stay away forever we will be champions of europe in 3 years Brilliant.
[quote][p][bold]dangerous dave[/bold] wrote: chez rovers - so your fading into the paint work and becoming a chicken lover - unlike thousands of others who have made their stance and are entitled to their say and stay away until the idiot and his mates have gone! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY AGNEW SINGH VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.[/p][/quote]You guys keep staying away works for me. Best thing I ever suggested, total boycott by the protesters, now we're top of the league, so please, keep staying away. Maybe if you do stay away forever we will be champions of europe in 3 years Brilliant. RUinsane
  • Score: -4

4:07pm Tue 18 Sep 12

ponyton says...

handsj14 wrote:
ponyton wrote:
handsj14 wrote:
Bazzer wrote:
Billypieman wrote:
handsj14 wrote:
Bazzer wrote:
handsj14 wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!!
But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.
So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??
How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign."
Beat me to it.
Do you believe in miracles??
The point is , its not simply about football and winning games , its also about people that represent your town and club, is it acceptable behaviour for senior management and coaching staff ,at Rovers to be "proven liars" , convicted drunk drivers then lie embroil about how you became to be drunk and then blame the supporters for spiking your drink, then to lie and slander a man who held the job before you , is it acceptable to go bankrupt by gambling then swindling ,conning an old couples pension /life savings ,this is not rumour this is all FACT . This is not acceptable behaviour , our children will see this as the norm if we all simply say "its football they can get away with it" it is NOT the norm , the behaviour of these two Blackburn employees is simply not acceptable to the majority of decent Rovers supporters , we want our club ran by decent honest people ,not men that don`t know the fundamental difference between a pack of sordid lies and simple words of the truth.
Ponyton I wholeheartedly agree with you. I like many Rovers fans think that morally its wrong to have Kean still in charge and for me Hendry should not be within 100 yards of the club. The point I have been trying to make is that despite all of this Kean is still in charge and manager and despite what we all think & want he will still be the manager for the forseeable future. I still support Rovers despite this and for all the fault attributed to Kean etc I still want the team to do well. I will still go to Ewood whether KEan is there or not because I am not singing his name I am cheering for the side and the players who I love!! Even if Kean gets us promoted I would still want him removed but I will not cut my nose off to spite my face.
ROLE MODEL COMPETITION 2012.

in the Red corner we have
STEVE REDGRAVE, BEN AINSLIE, CHRIS HOY, LAURA TROTT.

In the Blue corner we have
Drunken Stevie Kean , Swindler Colin Hendry

And the winner of this years Role model for young people is ? .
[quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ponyton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bazzer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billypieman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bazzer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!![/p][/quote]But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.[/p][/quote]So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??[/p][/quote]How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign."[/p][/quote]Beat me to it.[/p][/quote]Do you believe in miracles??[/p][/quote]The point is , its not simply about football and winning games , its also about people that represent your town and club, is it acceptable behaviour for senior management and coaching staff ,at Rovers to be "proven liars" , convicted drunk drivers then lie embroil about how you became to be drunk and then blame the supporters for spiking your drink, then to lie and slander a man who held the job before you , is it acceptable to go bankrupt by gambling then swindling ,conning an old couples pension /life savings ,this is not rumour this is all FACT . This is not acceptable behaviour , our children will see this as the norm if we all simply say "its football they can get away with it" it is NOT the norm , the behaviour of these two Blackburn employees is simply not acceptable to the majority of decent Rovers supporters , we want our club ran by decent honest people ,not men that don`t know the fundamental difference between a pack of sordid lies and simple words of the truth.[/p][/quote]Ponyton I wholeheartedly agree with you. I like many Rovers fans think that morally its wrong to have Kean still in charge and for me Hendry should not be within 100 yards of the club. The point I have been trying to make is that despite all of this Kean is still in charge and manager and despite what we all think & want he will still be the manager for the forseeable future. I still support Rovers despite this and for all the fault attributed to Kean etc I still want the team to do well. I will still go to Ewood whether KEan is there or not because I am not singing his name I am cheering for the side and the players who I love!! Even if Kean gets us promoted I would still want him removed but I will not cut my nose off to spite my face.[/p][/quote]ROLE MODEL COMPETITION 2012. in the Red corner we have STEVE REDGRAVE, BEN AINSLIE, CHRIS HOY, LAURA TROTT. In the Blue corner we have Drunken Stevie Kean , Swindler Colin Hendry And the winner of this years Role model for young people is ? . ponyton
  • Score: 4

4:31pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Matt Newcastle says...

Hi folks

Seeing as Kean and Hendry are so incapable of sorting out our defence do you think we can help them out with a top ten for starters.

My starter for one is as many teams are now playing the ball out from the back our front two have got to be more proactive in pressurising opposition centre backs etc. As I think Joe Royal once quoted half way through the season Shearer and Sutton needed a ten thousand mile service because of all the chasing down cutting out passes work they both combined to do.

Poor balls forward from opposition defenders breaks down the opposition attacks at source.

Additions are welcome and by some chance they may get through to the ones that appear clueless at the moment.
Hi folks Seeing as Kean and Hendry are so incapable of sorting out our defence do you think we can help them out with a top ten for starters. My starter for one is as many teams are now playing the ball out from the back our front two have got to be more proactive in pressurising opposition centre backs etc. As I think Joe Royal once quoted half way through the season Shearer and Sutton needed a ten thousand mile service because of all the chasing down cutting out passes work they both combined to do. Poor balls forward from opposition defenders breaks down the opposition attacks at source. Additions are welcome and by some chance they may get through to the ones that appear clueless at the moment. Matt Newcastle
  • Score: 1

4:37pm Tue 18 Sep 12

MrBrightside87 says...

Matt Newcastle wrote:
Hi folks

Seeing as Kean and Hendry are so incapable of sorting out our defence do you think we can help them out with a top ten for starters.

My starter for one is as many teams are now playing the ball out from the back our front two have got to be more proactive in pressurising opposition centre backs etc. As I think Joe Royal once quoted half way through the season Shearer and Sutton needed a ten thousand mile service because of all the chasing down cutting out passes work they both combined to do.

Poor balls forward from opposition defenders breaks down the opposition attacks at source.

Additions are welcome and by some chance they may get through to the ones that appear clueless at the moment.
Most sensible post I have read on here for a very long time. Well done to you sir! Defending from the front is a must... And like you say, it breaks up the opposition attacks before they start. Kean has no idea, but I'm sure we can out score barnsley tonight. Off to the pub shortly then down to ewood. O how I love football regardless of kean. Come on you blues!
[quote][p][bold]Matt Newcastle[/bold] wrote: Hi folks Seeing as Kean and Hendry are so incapable of sorting out our defence do you think we can help them out with a top ten for starters. My starter for one is as many teams are now playing the ball out from the back our front two have got to be more proactive in pressurising opposition centre backs etc. As I think Joe Royal once quoted half way through the season Shearer and Sutton needed a ten thousand mile service because of all the chasing down cutting out passes work they both combined to do. Poor balls forward from opposition defenders breaks down the opposition attacks at source. Additions are welcome and by some chance they may get through to the ones that appear clueless at the moment.[/p][/quote]Most sensible post I have read on here for a very long time. Well done to you sir! Defending from the front is a must... And like you say, it breaks up the opposition attacks before they start. Kean has no idea, but I'm sure we can out score barnsley tonight. Off to the pub shortly then down to ewood. O how I love football regardless of kean. Come on you blues! MrBrightside87
  • Score: 0

4:44pm Tue 18 Sep 12

dangerous dave says...

RUinsane - you most certainly are!!!
OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY SINGH AGNEW VENKEYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS
RUinsane - you most certainly are!!! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY SINGH AGNEW VENKEYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS dangerous dave
  • Score: 3

4:52pm Tue 18 Sep 12

whappen says...

MxMave wrote:
I love how Craig Levin is downplaying Rhodes massively, trying not to ruin his career by overburdening him with expectation and then you have Steve Kean doing the exact opposite trying to demolish his career before its properly started. I remmeber BFS doing the same thing when he was at Rovers and protecting Hoilett and Kalinic by downplaying them and giving them oppertunity without burdening them with expectation. Kean is clueless how to MANAGE players let alone a football team.
BFS "downplayed" them to such an extent he didn't play them at all.

True, it didn't burder them with expectation but it could hardly be described as giving them an opportunity either.

And Kalinic was HIS signing; a big one at that.

I know we all get misty eyed thinking of how wonderful the days under BFS were and, compared to the current lemon masquerading as a manager, he was positively Mourinho-esque - but he wasn't, nor is he, some kind of football god.

Sacking BFS was not a problem per se; it was who they replaced him with and how they went about doing it that are.
[quote][p][bold]MxMave[/bold] wrote: I love how Craig Levin is downplaying Rhodes massively, trying not to ruin his career by overburdening him with expectation and then you have Steve Kean doing the exact opposite trying to demolish his career before its properly started. I remmeber BFS doing the same thing when he was at Rovers and protecting Hoilett and Kalinic by downplaying them and giving them oppertunity without burdening them with expectation. Kean is clueless how to MANAGE players let alone a football team.[/p][/quote]BFS "downplayed" them to such an extent he didn't play them at all. True, it didn't burder them with expectation but it could hardly be described as giving them an opportunity either. And Kalinic was HIS signing; a big one at that. I know we all get misty eyed thinking of how wonderful the days under BFS were and, compared to the current lemon masquerading as a manager, he was positively Mourinho-esque - but he wasn't, nor is he, some kind of football god. Sacking BFS was not a problem per se; it was who they replaced him with and how they went about doing it that are. whappen
  • Score: 1

4:54pm Tue 18 Sep 12

whappen says...

RUinsane wrote:
dangerous dave wrote: chez rovers - so your fading into the paint work and becoming a chicken lover - unlike thousands of others who have made their stance and are entitled to their say and stay away until the idiot and his mates have gone! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY AGNEW SINGH VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.
You guys keep staying away works for me. Best thing I ever suggested, total boycott by the protesters, now we're top of the league, so please, keep staying away. Maybe if you do stay away forever we will be champions of europe in 3 years Brilliant.
Just 41 to go.
[quote][p][bold]RUinsane[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dangerous dave[/bold] wrote: chez rovers - so your fading into the paint work and becoming a chicken lover - unlike thousands of others who have made their stance and are entitled to their say and stay away until the idiot and his mates have gone! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY AGNEW SINGH VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.[/p][/quote]You guys keep staying away works for me. Best thing I ever suggested, total boycott by the protesters, now we're top of the league, so please, keep staying away. Maybe if you do stay away forever we will be champions of europe in 3 years Brilliant.[/p][/quote]Just 41 to go. whappen
  • Score: 0

4:58pm Tue 18 Sep 12

carlmc1 says...

MrBrightside87 wrote:
Kean has 9month left on his contract with no talk of renewal... Even that idiot can get this squad promoted... Then once back in the premiership, put the fool on gardening leave for the last few weeks of his contract and get a real manager in to keep us in the premiership! Get rid of kean without having to pay him off. I think this is venkys plan. Although I could be wrong! Less of the moaning everyone... We are top of the league despite kean... Let's enjoy it... E i e i e i o.... :-)
I thought Kean had a 12 month rolling contract!
[quote][p][bold]MrBrightside87[/bold] wrote: Kean has 9month left on his contract with no talk of renewal... Even that idiot can get this squad promoted... Then once back in the premiership, put the fool on gardening leave for the last few weeks of his contract and get a real manager in to keep us in the premiership! Get rid of kean without having to pay him off. I think this is venkys plan. Although I could be wrong! Less of the moaning everyone... We are top of the league despite kean... Let's enjoy it... E i e i e i o.... :-)[/p][/quote]I thought Kean had a 12 month rolling contract! carlmc1
  • Score: 0

5:02pm Tue 18 Sep 12

whappen says...

whittleblue wrote:
Somewhat early to be making such comparisons but thats Kean for you. However there was some similarity with Rhodes second goal and a certain alan shearer early in his rovers career with a goal at Crystal Palace, should Rhodes turn out in touching distance of shearer then I think we'll all be satisfied
In fairness he is not quoted as comparing him to AS or SG specifically; in fact he says;

"He’s always going to get the tags of famous number nines we’ve had here but I think he’s the type of boy that would like to be his own man.”

That seems to be quite the opposite if anything.
[quote][p][bold]whittleblue[/bold] wrote: Somewhat early to be making such comparisons but thats Kean for you. However there was some similarity with Rhodes second goal and a certain alan shearer early in his rovers career with a goal at Crystal Palace, should Rhodes turn out in touching distance of shearer then I think we'll all be satisfied[/p][/quote]In fairness he is not quoted as comparing him to AS or SG specifically; in fact he says; "He’s always going to get the tags of famous number nines we’ve had here but I think he’s the type of boy that would like to be his own man.” That seems to be quite the opposite if anything. whappen
  • Score: 0

5:14pm Tue 18 Sep 12

whappen says...

RUinsane wrote:
dangerous dave wrote: The 'good times' will only come back with the fans flocking back to Ewood when Kean has left the club - he and his cohorts have done great damage to this once great traditional family club and has achieved the worst thing of all setting' fan against fan'!! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY SINGH AGNEW VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.
The fans will flock back the longer we stay at the top as they want to join in the fun with the rest of the 8000. Mark my words, the longer we stay at the top, the bigger the home ctowd. It is because there is glory to be hunted, and fair play, get down ewood and hunt some glory like we, the 8000
So, let me get this straight; you admit you are a glory hunter but have insulted "glory hunters" on countless occasions, saying they are not wanted.

I'm confused.
[quote][p][bold]RUinsane[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dangerous dave[/bold] wrote: The 'good times' will only come back with the fans flocking back to Ewood when Kean has left the club - he and his cohorts have done great damage to this once great traditional family club and has achieved the worst thing of all setting' fan against fan'!! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY SINGH AGNEW VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.[/p][/quote]The fans will flock back the longer we stay at the top as they want to join in the fun with the rest of the 8000. Mark my words, the longer we stay at the top, the bigger the home ctowd. It is because there is glory to be hunted, and fair play, get down ewood and hunt some glory like we, the 8000[/p][/quote]So, let me get this straight; you admit you are a glory hunter but have insulted "glory hunters" on countless occasions, saying they are not wanted. I'm confused. whappen
  • Score: 2

5:15pm Tue 18 Sep 12

forever-a-blue-jean says...

The boycott is biting. Venkys are business men, the lack of sponsors and low crowds are causing them real concern.

Stay away and send Kean away
The boycott is biting. Venkys are business men, the lack of sponsors and low crowds are causing them real concern. Stay away and send Kean away forever-a-blue-jean
  • Score: 0

5:46pm Tue 18 Sep 12

baldie says...

RUinsane wrote:
dangerous dave wrote:
The 'good times' will only come back with the fans flocking back to Ewood when Kean has left the club - he and his cohorts have done great damage to this once great traditional family club and has achieved the worst thing of all setting' fan against fan'!!
OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY SINGH AGNEW VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.
The fans will flock back the longer we stay at the top as they want to join in the fun with the rest of the 8000. Mark my words, the longer we stay at the top, the bigger the home ctowd. It is because there is glory to be hunted, and fair play, get down ewood and hunt some glory like we, the 8000
Had a phone conversation with someone today who said he wouldn't return while Venky's were in charge.
He's had a change of heart,so that's 2 more,him and his grandson, to add to tonight's gate.
Come on one and all,it's the same regime as for the Wigan game,and there were 26k on that night.
Forget the Scotch egg and get yourselves down.
[quote][p][bold]RUinsane[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dangerous dave[/bold] wrote: The 'good times' will only come back with the fans flocking back to Ewood when Kean has left the club - he and his cohorts have done great damage to this once great traditional family club and has achieved the worst thing of all setting' fan against fan'!! OUT WITH KEAN HENDRY SINGH AGNEW VENKYS IN WITH THOUSANDS OF FANS.[/p][/quote]The fans will flock back the longer we stay at the top as they want to join in the fun with the rest of the 8000. Mark my words, the longer we stay at the top, the bigger the home ctowd. It is because there is glory to be hunted, and fair play, get down ewood and hunt some glory like we, the 8000[/p][/quote]Had a phone conversation with someone today who said he wouldn't return while Venky's were in charge. He's had a change of heart,so that's 2 more,him and his grandson, to add to tonight's gate. Come on one and all,it's the same regime as for the Wigan game,and there were 26k on that night. Forget the Scotch egg and get yourselves down. baldie
  • Score: -2

5:53pm Tue 18 Sep 12

baldie says...

janus1947 wrote:
“Then what's he going to be valued at?”
That line, sat in the middle of the above story, speaks volumes for the mentality of the current regime. More profit, more agents' fees, more management " bonuses "
Rhodes would have a better chance of improvement under a different regime
So now they've paid out £8 million just to make money.
Have you any idea how ridiculous that sounds?
[quote][p][bold]janus1947[/bold] wrote: “Then what's he going to be valued at?” That line, sat in the middle of the above story, speaks volumes for the mentality of the current regime. More profit, more agents' fees, more management " bonuses " Rhodes would have a better chance of improvement under a different regime[/p][/quote]So now they've paid out £8 million just to make money. Have you any idea how ridiculous that sounds? baldie
  • Score: 0

5:59pm Tue 18 Sep 12

ste.g says...

handsj14 wrote:
Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!!
no he cant..and thats why he as to go
[quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!![/p][/quote]no he cant..and thats why he as to go ste.g
  • Score: 1

6:01pm Tue 18 Sep 12

MatthewCA says...

Steve Kean Out, Kids ask , "out" is it his Sir name. KIDS see a legend in better way to prove his words. Rhodes is a HERO now, he is young, let him enjoy the game in Ewood, God Bless him and his family.

Thanks for other players in Ewood, who listen all this carp and perfrom as a team and back to top fight.

Kean is doing good, and he is our Manager of the Month, hope he fullfill his target to will all the games in this month.
Steve Kean Out, Kids ask , "out" is it his Sir name. KIDS see a legend in better way to prove his words. Rhodes is a HERO now, he is young, let him enjoy the game in Ewood, God Bless him and his family. Thanks for other players in Ewood, who listen all this carp and perfrom as a team and back to top fight. Kean is doing good, and he is our Manager of the Month, hope he fullfill his target to will all the games in this month. MatthewCA
  • Score: 0

6:24pm Tue 18 Sep 12

peely says...

Coeur de Lion wrote:
makaveli96 wrote:
Whys there no pictures of Nathan Blake, Jimmy Quinn and Duncan Shearer?
Andy Kennedy? Everyone can remember what they were doing on the night Kennedy scored.
What about our very own Blackburnian Fred Pickering ! Blackburn born and bred ,England international and still living in the town. True legend !
[quote][p][bold]Coeur de Lion[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: Whys there no pictures of Nathan Blake, Jimmy Quinn and Duncan Shearer?[/p][/quote]Andy Kennedy? Everyone can remember what they were doing on the night Kennedy scored.[/p][/quote]What about our very own Blackburnian Fred Pickering ! Blackburn born and bred ,England international and still living in the town. True legend ! peely
  • Score: 0

7:15pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Harwoodstblue says...

whittleblue wrote:
Somewhat early to be making such comparisons but thats Kean for you. However there was some similarity with Rhodes second goal and a certain alan shearer early in his rovers career with a goal at Crystal Palace, should Rhodes turn out in touching distance of shearer then I think we'll all be satisfied
Yes, He's counting his commission already
[quote][p][bold]whittleblue[/bold] wrote: Somewhat early to be making such comparisons but thats Kean for you. However there was some similarity with Rhodes second goal and a certain alan shearer early in his rovers career with a goal at Crystal Palace, should Rhodes turn out in touching distance of shearer then I think we'll all be satisfied[/p][/quote]Yes, He's counting his commission already Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 0

9:00pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Bazzer says...

ponyton wrote:
handsj14 wrote:
ponyton wrote:
handsj14 wrote:
Bazzer wrote:
Billypieman wrote:
handsj14 wrote:
Bazzer wrote:
handsj14 wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!!
But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.
So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??
How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign."
Beat me to it.
Do you believe in miracles??
The point is , its not simply about football and winning games , its also about people that represent your town and club, is it acceptable behaviour for senior management and coaching staff ,at Rovers to be "proven liars" , convicted drunk drivers then lie embroil about how you became to be drunk and then blame the supporters for spiking your drink, then to lie and slander a man who held the job before you , is it acceptable to go bankrupt by gambling then swindling ,conning an old couples pension /life savings ,this is not rumour this is all FACT . This is not acceptable behaviour , our children will see this as the norm if we all simply say "its football they can get away with it" it is NOT the norm , the behaviour of these two Blackburn employees is simply not acceptable to the majority of decent Rovers supporters , we want our club ran by decent honest people ,not men that don`t know the fundamental difference between a pack of sordid lies and simple words of the truth.
Ponyton I wholeheartedly agree with you. I like many Rovers fans think that morally its wrong to have Kean still in charge and for me Hendry should not be within 100 yards of the club. The point I have been trying to make is that despite all of this Kean is still in charge and manager and despite what we all think & want he will still be the manager for the forseeable future. I still support Rovers despite this and for all the fault attributed to Kean etc I still want the team to do well. I will still go to Ewood whether KEan is there or not because I am not singing his name I am cheering for the side and the players who I love!! Even if Kean gets us promoted I would still want him removed but I will not cut my nose off to spite my face.
ROLE MODEL COMPETITION 2012. in the Red corner we have STEVE REDGRAVE, BEN AINSLIE, CHRIS HOY, LAURA TROTT. In the Blue corner we have Drunken Stevie Kean , Swindler Colin Hendry And the winner of this years Role model for young people is ? .
Are the women in the Rovers' Ladies team virgins?
[quote][p][bold]ponyton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ponyton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bazzer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billypieman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bazzer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handsj14[/bold] wrote: Kean cant win can he? He gets acused of trying to ruin Rhodes career by praising him however if he said the opposite there would be uproar!![/p][/quote]But he could keep his mouth shut and let the "talking" occur on the pitch. He reminds me of "Zippy" from Rainbow.[/p][/quote]So, when he's asked questions in an interview how do you think he should respond??[/p][/quote]How about "I've been a disaster at Rovers, I'm also a proven liar. I'm sorry. For the good of the club I resign."[/p][/quote]Beat me to it.[/p][/quote]Do you believe in miracles??[/p][/quote]The point is , its not simply about football and winning games , its also about people that represent your town and club, is it acceptable behaviour for senior management and coaching staff ,at Rovers to be "proven liars" , convicted drunk drivers then lie embroil about how you became to be drunk and then blame the supporters for spiking your drink, then to lie and slander a man who held the job before you , is it acceptable to go bankrupt by gambling then swindling ,conning an old couples pension /life savings ,this is not rumour this is all FACT . This is not acceptable behaviour , our children will see this as the norm if we all simply say "its football they can get away with it" it is NOT the norm , the behaviour of these two Blackburn employees is simply not acceptable to the majority of decent Rovers supporters , we want our club ran by decent honest people ,not men that don`t know the fundamental difference between a pack of sordid lies and simple words of the truth.[/p][/quote]Ponyton I wholeheartedly agree with you. I like many Rovers fans think that morally its wrong to have Kean still in charge and for me Hendry should not be within 100 yards of the club. The point I have been trying to make is that despite all of this Kean is still in charge and manager and despite what we all think & want he will still be the manager for the forseeable future. I still support Rovers despite this and for all the fault attributed to Kean etc I still want the team to do well. I will still go to Ewood whether KEan is there or not because I am not singing his name I am cheering for the side and the players who I love!! Even if Kean gets us promoted I would still want him removed but I will not cut my nose off to spite my face.[/p][/quote]ROLE MODEL COMPETITION 2012. in the Red corner we have STEVE REDGRAVE, BEN AINSLIE, CHRIS HOY, LAURA TROTT. In the Blue corner we have Drunken Stevie Kean , Swindler Colin Hendry And the winner of this years Role model for young people is ? .[/p][/quote]Are the women in the Rovers' Ladies team virgins? Bazzer
  • Score: 0

9:51pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Truerover85 says...

Rovers 1495 wrote:
janus1947 wrote:
“Then what's he going to be valued at?”
That line, sat in the middle of the above story, speaks volumes for the mentality of the current regime. More profit, more agents' fees, more management " bonuses "
Rhodes would have a better chance of improvement under a different regime
Carragher in
I would burn the shirt if that scouse scum became are manager!!! Keep winning kean! Carragher has no managerial experience???
[quote][p][bold]Rovers 1495[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]janus1947[/bold] wrote: “Then what's he going to be valued at?” That line, sat in the middle of the above story, speaks volumes for the mentality of the current regime. More profit, more agents' fees, more management " bonuses " Rhodes would have a better chance of improvement under a different regime[/p][/quote]Carragher in[/p][/quote]I would burn the shirt if that scouse scum became are manager!!! Keep winning kean! Carragher has no managerial experience??? Truerover85
  • Score: 0

10:55pm Tue 18 Sep 12

azza234 says...

jogalot wrote:
Drunk again, Kean? Can't keep your big mouth shut? How on earth will any of your statements help Rhodes? You are just piling the pressure on him, when you should be taking it off. Kean you are a total tosser!
.
"The times when everybody's getting carried away, his mum and a dad are there to tell him to do his stuff, go into the place and be humble, and he's certainly been that.” That applies to you too, Kean! Getting carried away. You should be looking out for the young lad, not just his mum and dad.

|Resign now! Do the right thing for the first time in your life! KEAN OUT!
to be fair to rhodes he looks like he's got a smart head so kean singing his praises shouldnt affect him on that not every manager at some stage has tipped a young player to be as good as some1 else newcastle said the same about carroll fergie said the same about rooney so quit moaning like kean is the only who does it
[quote][p][bold]jogalot[/bold] wrote: Drunk again, Kean? Can't keep your big mouth shut? How on earth will any of your statements help Rhodes? You are just piling the pressure on him, when you should be taking it off. Kean you are a total tosser! . "The times when everybody's getting carried away, his mum and a dad are there to tell him to do his stuff, go into the place and be humble, and he's certainly been that.” That applies to you too, Kean! Getting carried away. You should be looking out for the young lad, not just his mum and dad. |Resign now! Do the right thing for the first time in your life! KEAN OUT![/p][/quote]to be fair to rhodes he looks like he's got a smart head so kean singing his praises shouldnt affect him on that not every manager at some stage has tipped a young player to be as good as some1 else newcastle said the same about carroll fergie said the same about rooney so quit moaning like kean is the only who does it azza234
  • Score: 0

11:42pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Ryanb74 says...

I agree Rhodes is looking very good, but the sad fact is that we'll never be able to hang on to our best players long enough for them to be deemed 'legends'.
I agree Rhodes is looking very good, but the sad fact is that we'll never be able to hang on to our best players long enough for them to be deemed 'legends'. Ryanb74
  • Score: 0

11:52pm Tue 18 Sep 12

Ryanb74 says...

There's only one Grabbi!
There's only one Grabbi! Ryanb74
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree