We've not moved for Blackburn Rovers striker Rhodes, insists Norwich boss

Jordan Rhodes

Jordan Rhodes

First published in Football
Last updated

NORWICH City boss Neil Adams has insisted that the Canaries have not made a bid for Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes.

Norwich have this week been linked with a move for Rhodes, after Joe Royle joined the club as a consultant.

Former Everton and Manchester City boss Royle managed Rhodes at Ipswich.

MORE TOP STORIES:

“I’ve seen all the rumours,” Adams said.

“I think they’ve put two and two together and come up with 25.

“Obviously Joe Royle had him as a young player, and I played with his dad Andy Rhodes. That’s where the links are.

“We’ve made no offer for Jordan Rhodes – fantastic player, don’t get me wrong.

“Scores goals for fun, guarantees goals. But there’s been no offer.”

Norwich yesterday signed forward Lewis Grabban from Bournemouth.

Comments (41)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:48am Fri 6 Jun 14

Dukes says...

So that means, he staying put and Norwich were never in for him.
So that means, he staying put and Norwich were never in for him. Dukes
  • Score: 16

10:54am Fri 6 Jun 14

Super_Clarets says...

No smoke without fire.

Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
No smoke without fire. Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you. Super_Clarets
  • Score: -34

10:58am Fri 6 Jun 14

inflightmagazine says...

more chance of Newcastle signing an English u21 striker than this happening
more chance of Newcastle signing an English u21 striker than this happening inflightmagazine
  • Score: 8

11:16am Fri 6 Jun 14

Ewoodlegend says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
No smoke without fire.

Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
you would give your extra fingers for a player like rhodes
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: No smoke without fire. Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.[/p][/quote]you would give your extra fingers for a player like rhodes Ewoodlegend
  • Score: 9

12:28pm Fri 6 Jun 14

jim 2012 says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
No smoke without fire.

Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
will danny ings still be at burnley or can we Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
will sean dyche still be the burnley manager or do you Expect his departure
to a bigger club given all the speculation do you expect them to move to bigger clubs that burnley ?
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: No smoke without fire. Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.[/p][/quote]will danny ings still be at burnley or can we Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you. will sean dyche still be the burnley manager or do you Expect his departure to a bigger club given all the speculation do you expect them to move to bigger clubs that burnley ? jim 2012
  • Score: 14

12:34pm Fri 6 Jun 14

roverstid says...

Dukes wrote:
So that means, he staying put and Norwich were never in for him.
Which also means that Norwich fan sky reporter was blowing out of his back side - much like Sloppy Clitoris does.

Now onto the real story of Dyche and Ings - Or Dings as I like to call them. Will it be Southampton or West Brom you think?
[quote][p][bold]Dukes[/bold] wrote: So that means, he staying put and Norwich were never in for him.[/p][/quote]Which also means that Norwich fan sky reporter was blowing out of his back side - much like Sloppy Clitoris does. Now onto the real story of Dyche and Ings - Or Dings as I like to call them. Will it be Southampton or West Brom you think? roverstid
  • Score: 9

12:54pm Fri 6 Jun 14

noddy57 says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
No smoke without fire.

Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
He,s going nowhere`` besides why would he go to a club on the slide and miss out on a club going places ? .Everything is geared up for promotion make no mistake.We intend to hit the ground running and replace Burnley next season `` hows that for starters ?.
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: No smoke without fire. Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.[/p][/quote]He,s going nowhere`` besides why would he go to a club on the slide and miss out on a club going places ? .Everything is geared up for promotion make no mistake.We intend to hit the ground running and replace Burnley next season `` hows that for starters ?. noddy57
  • Score: 4

1:40pm Fri 6 Jun 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

I am a Burnley fan but i can sympathize, you are in a better position with Rhodes than we are with Ings. Rhodes is tied in with a lengthy contract, Ings has less than 12 months left.
If a massive bid came in for rhodes of say 15 million, then fair do's but as soon as a big club slaps 5 million on the table for Ings, he will hand in a request and demand to leave, leaving us with pin money as there is a 20% sell on clause.
Still 5 million is good business for one good season.
I am a Burnley fan but i can sympathize, you are in a better position with Rhodes than we are with Ings. Rhodes is tied in with a lengthy contract, Ings has less than 12 months left. If a massive bid came in for rhodes of say 15 million, then fair do's but as soon as a big club slaps 5 million on the table for Ings, he will hand in a request and demand to leave, leaving us with pin money as there is a 20% sell on clause. Still 5 million is good business for one good season. AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: 4

1:45pm Fri 6 Jun 14

slants says...

No body wants the jibb lol
No body wants the jibb lol slants
  • Score: -17

1:59pm Fri 6 Jun 14

mammamiauk says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
I am a Burnley fan but i can sympathize, you are in a better position with Rhodes than we are with Ings. Rhodes is tied in with a lengthy contract, Ings has less than 12 months left.
If a massive bid came in for rhodes of say 15 million, then fair do's but as soon as a big club slaps 5 million on the table for Ings, he will hand in a request and demand to leave, leaving us with pin money as there is a 20% sell on clause.
Still 5 million is good business for one good season.
Rhodes is good at scoring goals but lacks pace as a player. In my opinion, Gestede is a much better player and Rhodes is not even worth £15 million - the latter still has 3 years left on his contract and any club who comes in for him will have to pay it off.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: I am a Burnley fan but i can sympathize, you are in a better position with Rhodes than we are with Ings. Rhodes is tied in with a lengthy contract, Ings has less than 12 months left. If a massive bid came in for rhodes of say 15 million, then fair do's but as soon as a big club slaps 5 million on the table for Ings, he will hand in a request and demand to leave, leaving us with pin money as there is a 20% sell on clause. Still 5 million is good business for one good season.[/p][/quote]Rhodes is good at scoring goals but lacks pace as a player. In my opinion, Gestede is a much better player and Rhodes is not even worth £15 million - the latter still has 3 years left on his contract and any club who comes in for him will have to pay it off. mammamiauk
  • Score: 1

2:00pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Steven Seagull says...

Ewoodlegend wrote:
Super_Clarets wrote:
No smoke without fire.

Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
you would give your extra fingers for a player like rhodes
Yeah because his goal scoring prowess would help fire us into the Premier League.......oh wait, hang on a minute.
[quote][p][bold]Ewoodlegend[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: No smoke without fire. Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.[/p][/quote]you would give your extra fingers for a player like rhodes[/p][/quote]Yeah because his goal scoring prowess would help fire us into the Premier League.......oh wait, hang on a minute. Steven Seagull
  • Score: 0

2:07pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Harwoodstblue says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
Ewoodlegend wrote:
Super_Clarets wrote:
No smoke without fire.

Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
you would give your extra fingers for a player like rhodes
Yeah because his goal scoring prowess would help fire us into the Premier League.......oh wait, hang on a minute.
Congratulations,
Been there, done it got the T shirt......Enjoy your brief encounter before the bump back down to earth.
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ewoodlegend[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: No smoke without fire. Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.[/p][/quote]you would give your extra fingers for a player like rhodes[/p][/quote]Yeah because his goal scoring prowess would help fire us into the Premier League.......oh wait, hang on a minute.[/p][/quote]Congratulations, Been there, done it got the T shirt......Enjoy your brief encounter before the bump back down to earth. Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 0

2:11pm Fri 6 Jun 14

French Rover says...

mammamiauk wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn

ley
wrote:
I am a Burnley fan but i can sympathize, you are in a better position with Rhodes than we are with Ings. Rhodes is tied in with a lengthy contract, Ings has less than 12 months left.
If a massive bid came in for rhodes of say 15 million, then fair do's but as soon as a big club slaps 5 million on the table for Ings, he will hand in a request and demand to leave, leaving us with pin money as there is a 20% sell on clause.
Still 5 million is good business for one good season.
Rhodes is good at scoring goals but lacks pace as a player. In my opinion, Gestede is a much better player and Rhodes is not even worth £15 million - the latter still has 3 years left on his contract and any club who comes in for him will have to pay it off.
Rhodes is a class act and pace doesn`t matter a fig when you can score as many goals as he does. 87 in 148 games at HTFC and 52 goals in 96 games for us. Who needs pace?

Anyone that buys him will get guaranteed goals from him. Goals win games and trophies - so at some point a prem club will come in for him with the right money and we can let the lad fulfil his ambitions, take a big fee for him and say thanks JR...!
[quote][p][bold]mammamiauk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: I am a Burnley fan but i can sympathize, you are in a better position with Rhodes than we are with Ings. Rhodes is tied in with a lengthy contract, Ings has less than 12 months left. If a massive bid came in for rhodes of say 15 million, then fair do's but as soon as a big club slaps 5 million on the table for Ings, he will hand in a request and demand to leave, leaving us with pin money as there is a 20% sell on clause. Still 5 million is good business for one good season.[/p][/quote]Rhodes is good at scoring goals but lacks pace as a player. In my opinion, Gestede is a much better player and Rhodes is not even worth £15 million - the latter still has 3 years left on his contract and any club who comes in for him will have to pay it off.[/p][/quote]Rhodes is a class act and pace doesn`t matter a fig when you can score as many goals as he does. 87 in 148 games at HTFC and 52 goals in 96 games for us. Who needs pace? Anyone that buys him will get guaranteed goals from him. Goals win games and trophies - so at some point a prem club will come in for him with the right money and we can let the lad fulfil his ambitions, take a big fee for him and say thanks JR...! French Rover
  • Score: 11

2:21pm Fri 6 Jun 14

jim 2012 says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
No smoke without fire.

Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
Burnley have opened talks with goalkeeper Tom Heaton over a new contract,
rival clubs, including Heaton's former club Cardiff, are keeping a close eye on his situation at Turf Moor,. do keep up
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: No smoke without fire. Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.[/p][/quote]Burnley have opened talks with goalkeeper Tom Heaton over a new contract, rival clubs, including Heaton's former club Cardiff, are keeping a close eye on his situation at Turf Moor,. do keep up jim 2012
  • Score: 7

2:24pm Fri 6 Jun 14

jim 2012 says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
No smoke without fire.

Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
Norwich City manager Neil Adams has rubbished reports suggesting he has bid for Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes.
Norwich have, however, completed a deal to bring Lewis Grabban to Carrow Road from Bournemouth - a man who netted 22 times in all competitions last season
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: No smoke without fire. Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.[/p][/quote]Norwich City manager Neil Adams has rubbished reports suggesting he has bid for Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes. Norwich have, however, completed a deal to bring Lewis Grabban to Carrow Road from Bournemouth - a man who netted 22 times in all competitions last season jim 2012
  • Score: 8

2:25pm Fri 6 Jun 14

jim 2012 says...

jim 2012 wrote:
Super_Clarets wrote:
No smoke without fire.

Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
Norwich City manager Neil Adams has rubbished reports suggesting he has bid for Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes.
Norwich have, however, completed a deal to bring Lewis Grabban to Carrow Road from Bournemouth - a man who netted 22 times in all competitions last season
do keep up
[quote][p][bold]jim 2012[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: No smoke without fire. Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.[/p][/quote]Norwich City manager Neil Adams has rubbished reports suggesting he has bid for Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes. Norwich have, however, completed a deal to bring Lewis Grabban to Carrow Road from Bournemouth - a man who netted 22 times in all competitions last season[/p][/quote]do keep up jim 2012
  • Score: 6

2:32pm Fri 6 Jun 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

In my opinion Ings would be a better risk for anyone willing to shell out 5 million for one good season. The only risk being is, as he plays like a flat out horsewhipped donkey, he is more prone to pick up injuries, whereas Rhodes, who just seems to have a knack of scoring shed loads of goals in third gear,, is why he's so expensive. So in order to take the cheaper riskier option, Ings at 5 million would do the trick
In my opinion Ings would be a better risk for anyone willing to shell out 5 million for one good season. The only risk being is, as he plays like a flat out horsewhipped donkey, he is more prone to pick up injuries, whereas Rhodes, who just seems to have a knack of scoring shed loads of goals in third gear,, is why he's so expensive. So in order to take the cheaper riskier option, Ings at 5 million would do the trick AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -7

3:26pm Fri 6 Jun 14

RobH2O says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
In my opinion Ings would be a better risk for anyone willing to shell out 5 million for one good season. The only risk being is, as he plays like a flat out horsewhipped donkey, he is more prone to pick up injuries, whereas Rhodes, who just seems to have a knack of scoring shed loads of goals in third gear,, is why he's so expensive. So in order to take the cheaper riskier option, Ings at 5 million would do the trick
"In my opinion". Buying that is like seeing Swiss Tony for a motor.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: In my opinion Ings would be a better risk for anyone willing to shell out 5 million for one good season. The only risk being is, as he plays like a flat out horsewhipped donkey, he is more prone to pick up injuries, whereas Rhodes, who just seems to have a knack of scoring shed loads of goals in third gear,, is why he's so expensive. So in order to take the cheaper riskier option, Ings at 5 million would do the trick[/p][/quote]"In my opinion". Buying that is like seeing Swiss Tony for a motor. RobH2O
  • Score: 13

3:28pm Fri 6 Jun 14

RobH2O says...

slants wrote:
No body wants the jibb lol
uuyr5%£2kko0*0@@@!i
io. Clear everybody?
[quote][p][bold]slants[/bold] wrote: No body wants the jibb lol[/p][/quote]uuyr5%£2kko0*0@@@!i io. Clear everybody? RobH2O
  • Score: 2

3:30pm Fri 6 Jun 14

RobH2O says...

Ewoodlegend wrote:
Super_Clarets wrote:
No smoke without fire.

Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
you would give your extra fingers for a player like rhodes
You'd part with your empty scrotum to keep him.
[quote][p][bold]Ewoodlegend[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: No smoke without fire. Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.[/p][/quote]you would give your extra fingers for a player like rhodes[/p][/quote]You'd part with your empty scrotum to keep him. RobH2O
  • Score: 5

4:28pm Fri 6 Jun 14

bluenwhite says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
No smoke without fire.

Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
Thick as a plank :-)
That's why dings and dyche are off then? :-)
Notice not one post by you on that story on the dingle page?
Sooooo obsessed.
Thick as a plank :-)
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: No smoke without fire. Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.[/p][/quote]Thick as a plank :-) That's why dings and dyche are off then? :-) Notice not one post by you on that story on the dingle page? Sooooo obsessed. Thick as a plank :-) bluenwhite
  • Score: 5

6:28pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Ewood_Mark says...

Shame we couldn't get rid of the overweight piece of sh!t . Another player who sits around waiting for his pay packet rather than putting a shift in. The only way is down now for monotone Bowyer and his team of chicken scoffing donkeys

BOWYER OUT
Shame we couldn't get rid of the overweight piece of sh!t . Another player who sits around waiting for his pay packet rather than putting a shift in. The only way is down now for monotone Bowyer and his team of chicken scoffing donkeys BOWYER OUT Ewood_Mark
  • Score: -3

6:30pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Maxrus says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
Ewoodlegend wrote:
Super_Clarets wrote:
No smoke without fire.

Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
you would give your extra fingers for a player like rhodes
Yeah because his goal scoring prowess would help fire us into the Premier League.......oh wait, hang on a minute.
Not sure about this, they need their extra digits as each one counts for 1000 home fans. Without these their average home attendance would be below 14,000...... Oh wait, hang on a minute.
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ewoodlegend[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: No smoke without fire. Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.[/p][/quote]you would give your extra fingers for a player like rhodes[/p][/quote]Yeah because his goal scoring prowess would help fire us into the Premier League.......oh wait, hang on a minute.[/p][/quote]Not sure about this, they need their extra digits as each one counts for 1000 home fans. Without these their average home attendance would be below 14,000...... Oh wait, hang on a minute. Maxrus
  • Score: 1

6:56pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Welsh Rover says...

Hahaha... ''No smoke without fire.''

That's right, no sports journalist has ever fabricated a story just to sell newspapers/get 'hits' on their website, linked a manager with an old player and just assumed he must be after him or - and this is the current trend - believed every rumour they read on social media and printed it as an exclusive.
Hahaha... ''No smoke without fire.'' That's right, no sports journalist has ever fabricated a story just to sell newspapers/get 'hits' on their website, linked a manager with an old player and just assumed he must be after him or - and this is the current trend - believed every rumour they read on social media and printed it as an exclusive. Welsh Rover
  • Score: 4

7:05pm Fri 6 Jun 14

theswayzeexpress says...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if a club comes in with an 8 figure offer for Rhodes we should cash in. With gestede, Varney, Conway, Marshall and cairney we have quite a bit if firepower and I think we could prise someone like assombalonga from p'borough for half a mil, or a loan signing like nick Powell. However, not since mark Hughes have I had so much faith in a manager working a limited transfer budget. I look forward to whatever bowyer has got planned, even if it doesn't involve Rhodes. But if it does involve him, more the better.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if a club comes in with an 8 figure offer for Rhodes we should cash in. With gestede, Varney, Conway, Marshall and cairney we have quite a bit if firepower and I think we could prise someone like assombalonga from p'borough for half a mil, or a loan signing like nick Powell. However, not since mark Hughes have I had so much faith in a manager working a limited transfer budget. I look forward to whatever bowyer has got planned, even if it doesn't involve Rhodes. But if it does involve him, more the better. theswayzeexpress
  • Score: 7

7:23pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Super_Clarets says...

The simple fact is Burnley have no need to sell their key players. The issue the no-dad's cannot seem to grasp is that Burnley FC are now in the Premier League and can therefore offer Premier League contracts and Premier League football. Why would Ings move to sit on the bench at Newcastle? He wont. He's more than happy at Burnley being a first choice striker, building his reputation, scoring goals in a team that's made for him under the best young manager in English football. Ings and Trippier will be England internationals whilst at Burnley.

Move on no-dad's its becoming tedious now. We heard it all before with Trippier and look what happened.


In other news......

"Newcastle United have signed Spanish striker Ayoze Perez from Tenerife on what the Magpies describe as a "long-term contract. Perez, scored 16 goals in 34 games last season. I'm very happy to be here to start this new adventure, he told Newcastle's official website."

You clowns just keep getting it wrong. what a shame for you.
The simple fact is Burnley have no need to sell their key players. The issue the no-dad's cannot seem to grasp is that Burnley FC are now in the Premier League and can therefore offer Premier League contracts and Premier League football. Why would Ings move to sit on the bench at Newcastle? He wont. He's more than happy at Burnley being a first choice striker, building his reputation, scoring goals in a team that's made for him under the best young manager in English football. Ings and Trippier will be England internationals whilst at Burnley. Move on no-dad's its becoming tedious now. We heard it all before with Trippier and look what happened. In other news...... "Newcastle United have signed Spanish striker Ayoze Perez from Tenerife on what the Magpies describe as a "long-term contract. Perez, scored 16 goals in 34 games last season. I'm very happy to be here to start this new adventure, he told Newcastle's official website." You clowns just keep getting it wrong. what a shame for you. Super_Clarets
  • Score: -5

7:26pm Fri 6 Jun 14

owd nick says...

French Rover wrote:
mammamiauk wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn


ley
wrote:
I am a Burnley fan but i can sympathize, you are in a better position with Rhodes than we are with Ings. Rhodes is tied in with a lengthy contract, Ings has less than 12 months left.
If a massive bid came in for rhodes of say 15 million, then fair do's but as soon as a big club slaps 5 million on the table for Ings, he will hand in a request and demand to leave, leaving us with pin money as there is a 20% sell on clause.
Still 5 million is good business for one good season.
Rhodes is good at scoring goals but lacks pace as a player. In my opinion, Gestede is a much better player and Rhodes is not even worth £15 million - the latter still has 3 years left on his contract and any club who comes in for him will have to pay it off.
Rhodes is a class act and pace doesn`t matter a fig when you can score as many goals as he does. 87 in 148 games at HTFC and 52 goals in 96 games for us. Who needs pace?

Anyone that buys him will get guaranteed goals from him. Goals win games and trophies - so at some point a prem club will come in for him with the right money and we can let the lad fulfil his ambitions, take a big fee for him and say thanks JR...!
Totally agree, with both of you!

Rhodes does lack real pace but if we play to his strengths next season can you imagine the carnage he and Gestede will create!

Think about it, for the best part of two thirds of the season he was playing in a formation that certainly didn't suit his style, but ended up with 25 goals, that is phenomenal by any standard.
[quote][p][bold]French Rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mammamiauk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: I am a Burnley fan but i can sympathize, you are in a better position with Rhodes than we are with Ings. Rhodes is tied in with a lengthy contract, Ings has less than 12 months left. If a massive bid came in for rhodes of say 15 million, then fair do's but as soon as a big club slaps 5 million on the table for Ings, he will hand in a request and demand to leave, leaving us with pin money as there is a 20% sell on clause. Still 5 million is good business for one good season.[/p][/quote]Rhodes is good at scoring goals but lacks pace as a player. In my opinion, Gestede is a much better player and Rhodes is not even worth £15 million - the latter still has 3 years left on his contract and any club who comes in for him will have to pay it off.[/p][/quote]Rhodes is a class act and pace doesn`t matter a fig when you can score as many goals as he does. 87 in 148 games at HTFC and 52 goals in 96 games for us. Who needs pace? Anyone that buys him will get guaranteed goals from him. Goals win games and trophies - so at some point a prem club will come in for him with the right money and we can let the lad fulfil his ambitions, take a big fee for him and say thanks JR...![/p][/quote]Totally agree, with both of you! Rhodes does lack real pace but if we play to his strengths next season can you imagine the carnage he and Gestede will create! Think about it, for the best part of two thirds of the season he was playing in a formation that certainly didn't suit his style, but ended up with 25 goals, that is phenomenal by any standard. owd nick
  • Score: 2

7:36pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Welsh Rover says...

Hahaha... ''You clowns just keep getting it wrong.''

Nice one, Crazy Ralph, it's not as if you're posting on an article debunking the very same transfer rumour you were championing yesterday. You couldn't make it up. Well...
Hahaha... ''You clowns just keep getting it wrong.'' Nice one, Crazy Ralph, it's not as if you're posting on an article debunking the very same transfer rumour you were championing yesterday. You couldn't make it up. Well... Welsh Rover
  • Score: 3

7:39pm Fri 6 Jun 14

baldie says...

Something's got me thinking.
Burnley have a great season and go up.
They bank £120m and maybe spend £20 m,it's just an example.
If they come down,and I'm not saying they will,their gates will fall to 10/11 k average.
How do they spend the remainder whilst still complying with FFP?
Something's got me thinking. Burnley have a great season and go up. They bank £120m and maybe spend £20 m,it's just an example. If they come down,and I'm not saying they will,their gates will fall to 10/11 k average. How do they spend the remainder whilst still complying with FFP? baldie
  • Score: 1

7:41pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Super_Clarets says...

Rhodes will go, most of you have already accepted it.

The transfer embargo will happen in January, most of you have accepted it.

Blackburn Rovers are staying down forever, it's time you accepted that one also.
Rhodes will go, most of you have already accepted it. The transfer embargo will happen in January, most of you have accepted it. Blackburn Rovers are staying down forever, it's time you accepted that one also. Super_Clarets
  • Score: -4

7:43pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Super_Clarets says...

"They bank £120m and maybe spend £20 m,it's just an example.
If they come down,and I'm not saying they will,their gates will fall to 10/11 k average. How do they spend the remainder whilst still complying with FFP?"


That's money the club have generated. FFP is only interested in horrific loss making clubs, like yours. Sensible well run clubs will be financially secure for life because they only spend what they earn.
"They bank £120m and maybe spend £20 m,it's just an example. If they come down,and I'm not saying they will,their gates will fall to 10/11 k average. How do they spend the remainder whilst still complying with FFP?" That's money the club have generated. FFP is only interested in horrific loss making clubs, like yours. Sensible well run clubs will be financially secure for life because they only spend what they earn. Super_Clarets
  • Score: -3

8:33pm Fri 6 Jun 14

baldie says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
"They bank £120m and maybe spend £20 m,it's just an example.
If they come down,and I'm not saying they will,their gates will fall to 10/11 k average. How do they spend the remainder whilst still complying with FFP?"


That's money the club have generated. FFP is only interested in horrific loss making clubs, like yours. Sensible well run clubs will be financially secure for life because they only spend what they earn.
It was a serious question.
If you go down,you will only be generating the same income as you did this season,ie lower gates and advertising.
The £100 m will have been given to you by Sky or whoever,but you will surely have to comply with FFP or it won't work.
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: "They bank £120m and maybe spend £20 m,it's just an example. If they come down,and I'm not saying they will,their gates will fall to 10/11 k average. How do they spend the remainder whilst still complying with FFP?" That's money the club have generated. FFP is only interested in horrific loss making clubs, like yours. Sensible well run clubs will be financially secure for life because they only spend what they earn.[/p][/quote]It was a serious question. If you go down,you will only be generating the same income as you did this season,ie lower gates and advertising. The £100 m will have been given to you by Sky or whoever,but you will surely have to comply with FFP or it won't work. baldie
  • Score: 0

8:46pm Fri 6 Jun 14

jim 2012 says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
The simple fact is Burnley have no need to sell their key players. The issue the no-dad's cannot seem to grasp is that Burnley FC are now in the Premier League and can therefore offer Premier League contracts and Premier League football. Why would Ings move to sit on the bench at Newcastle? He wont. He's more than happy at Burnley being a first choice striker, building his reputation, scoring goals in a team that's made for him under the best young manager in English football. Ings and Trippier will be England internationals whilst at Burnley.

Move on no-dad's its becoming tedious now. We heard it all before with Trippier and look what happened.


In other news......

"Newcastle United have signed Spanish striker Ayoze Perez from Tenerife on what the Magpies describe as a "long-term contract. Perez, scored 16 goals in 34 games last season. I'm very happy to be here to start this new adventure, he told Newcastle's official website."

You clowns just keep getting it wrong. what a shame for you.
no one said that burnley need to sell players
no one cares what League burnley play there football
cant see the likes of man city man united and most of the other teams bricking it because burnley are in the prem
and when you say We heard it all before you need to think back to some
of rubbish that you dingels said all last season
"Newcastle United are just one of a number of clubs looking at danny ings
southampton and west brom being the other clubs
and as you put it the best young manager in English football
will attract the attention of bigger and better clubs
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: The simple fact is Burnley have no need to sell their key players. The issue the no-dad's cannot seem to grasp is that Burnley FC are now in the Premier League and can therefore offer Premier League contracts and Premier League football. Why would Ings move to sit on the bench at Newcastle? He wont. He's more than happy at Burnley being a first choice striker, building his reputation, scoring goals in a team that's made for him under the best young manager in English football. Ings and Trippier will be England internationals whilst at Burnley. Move on no-dad's its becoming tedious now. We heard it all before with Trippier and look what happened. In other news...... "Newcastle United have signed Spanish striker Ayoze Perez from Tenerife on what the Magpies describe as a "long-term contract. Perez, scored 16 goals in 34 games last season. I'm very happy to be here to start this new adventure, he told Newcastle's official website." You clowns just keep getting it wrong. what a shame for you.[/p][/quote]no one said that burnley need to sell players no one cares what League burnley play there football cant see the likes of man city man united and most of the other teams bricking it because burnley are in the prem and when you say We heard it all before you need to think back to some of rubbish that you dingels said all last season "Newcastle United are just one of a number of clubs looking at danny ings southampton and west brom being the other clubs and as you put it the best young manager in English football will attract the attention of bigger and better clubs jim 2012
  • Score: 0

8:57pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Old age pensioner says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
No smoke without fire.

Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.
NH
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: No smoke without fire. Expect his departure before he kicks another ball for you.[/p][/quote]NH Old age pensioner
  • Score: 0

8:58pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Old age pensioner says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
Rhodes will go, most of you have already accepted it.

The transfer embargo will happen in January, most of you have accepted it.

Blackburn Rovers are staying down forever, it's time you accepted that one also.
NH
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: Rhodes will go, most of you have already accepted it. The transfer embargo will happen in January, most of you have accepted it. Blackburn Rovers are staying down forever, it's time you accepted that one also.[/p][/quote]NH Old age pensioner
  • Score: 1

10:10pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Steven Seagull says...

Old age pensioner wrote:
Super_Clarets wrote:
Rhodes will go, most of you have already accepted it.

The transfer embargo will happen in January, most of you have accepted it.

Blackburn Rovers are staying down forever, it's time you accepted that one also.
NH
Obsessed p1ss drenched octogenarian.
[quote][p][bold]Old age pensioner[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: Rhodes will go, most of you have already accepted it. The transfer embargo will happen in January, most of you have accepted it. Blackburn Rovers are staying down forever, it's time you accepted that one also.[/p][/quote]NH[/p][/quote]Obsessed p1ss drenched octogenarian. Steven Seagull
  • Score: -1

10:40pm Fri 6 Jun 14

Super_Clarets says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
Old age pensioner wrote:
Super_Clarets wrote:
Rhodes will go, most of you have already accepted it.

The transfer embargo will happen in January, most of you have accepted it.

Blackburn Rovers are staying down forever, it's time you accepted that one also.
NH
Obsessed p1ss drenched octogenarian.
Couldn't have put it better myself.
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Old age pensioner[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: Rhodes will go, most of you have already accepted it. The transfer embargo will happen in January, most of you have accepted it. Blackburn Rovers are staying down forever, it's time you accepted that one also.[/p][/quote]NH[/p][/quote]Obsessed p1ss drenched octogenarian.[/p][/quote]Couldn't have put it better myself. Super_Clarets
  • Score: -3

11:34pm Fri 6 Jun 14

bluenwhite says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
The simple fact is Burnley have no need to sell their key players. The issue the no-dad's cannot seem to grasp is that Burnley FC are now in the Premier League and can therefore offer Premier League contracts and Premier League football. Why would Ings move to sit on the bench at Newcastle? He wont. He's more than happy at Burnley being a first choice striker, building his reputation, scoring goals in a team that's made for him under the best young manager in English football. Ings and Trippier will be England internationals whilst at Burnley.

Move on no-dad's its becoming tedious now. We heard it all before with Trippier and look what happened.


In other news......

"Newcastle United have signed Spanish striker Ayoze Perez from Tenerife on what the Magpies describe as a "long-term contract. Perez, scored 16 goals in 34 games last season. I'm very happy to be here to start this new adventure, he told Newcastle's official website."

You clowns just keep getting it wrong. what a shame for you.
Yep and rodriguez, and Austin!!
Thick as a plank and twice as Numb :-)
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: The simple fact is Burnley have no need to sell their key players. The issue the no-dad's cannot seem to grasp is that Burnley FC are now in the Premier League and can therefore offer Premier League contracts and Premier League football. Why would Ings move to sit on the bench at Newcastle? He wont. He's more than happy at Burnley being a first choice striker, building his reputation, scoring goals in a team that's made for him under the best young manager in English football. Ings and Trippier will be England internationals whilst at Burnley. Move on no-dad's its becoming tedious now. We heard it all before with Trippier and look what happened. In other news...... "Newcastle United have signed Spanish striker Ayoze Perez from Tenerife on what the Magpies describe as a "long-term contract. Perez, scored 16 goals in 34 games last season. I'm very happy to be here to start this new adventure, he told Newcastle's official website." You clowns just keep getting it wrong. what a shame for you.[/p][/quote]Yep and rodriguez, and Austin!! Thick as a plank and twice as Numb :-) bluenwhite
  • Score: 3

11:43pm Fri 6 Jun 14

greenscreener says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
Old age pensioner wrote:
Super_Clarets wrote:
Rhodes will go, most of you have already accepted it.

The transfer embargo will happen in January, most of you have accepted it.

Blackburn Rovers are staying down forever, it's time you accepted that one also.
NH
Obsessed p1ss drenched octogenarian.
Couldn't have put it better myself.
But you did.

Are you not even slightly embarrassed that the only people who give a sh!t about you and your opinions are your own multiple accounts and the voices in your head ? Pathetic.
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Old age pensioner[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: Rhodes will go, most of you have already accepted it. The transfer embargo will happen in January, most of you have accepted it. Blackburn Rovers are staying down forever, it's time you accepted that one also.[/p][/quote]NH[/p][/quote]Obsessed p1ss drenched octogenarian.[/p][/quote]Couldn't have put it better myself.[/p][/quote]But you did. Are you not even slightly embarrassed that the only people who give a sh!t about you and your opinions are your own multiple accounts and the voices in your head ? Pathetic. greenscreener
  • Score: 5

4:02pm Sat 7 Jun 14

A Darener says...

The one thing the Rovers fans know is that next season is going to be a good one for both BRFC and for their fans on two counts. One we are going to improve on last seasons result and two we will have the satisfaction of watching the train crash that is BFC. Even if count one is missed there is no way point two will be, therefore making it a season to remember.
The one thing the Rovers fans know is that next season is going to be a good one for both BRFC and for their fans on two counts. One we are going to improve on last seasons result and two we will have the satisfaction of watching the train crash that is BFC. Even if count one is missed there is no way point two will be, therefore making it a season to remember. A Darener
  • Score: 3

8:20am Mon 9 Jun 14

gb1882 says...

There isnt another club in this country daft enough to pay the wage he is on. Hence why he has limited ambition of staying in the Championship and signed a new deal. He can't even get a start for a 3rd rate country like Scotland.
There isnt another club in this country daft enough to pay the wage he is on. Hence why he has limited ambition of staying in the Championship and signed a new deal. He can't even get a start for a 3rd rate country like Scotland. gb1882
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree