Lancashire TelegraphBurnley on the brink of Premier League after Barnes header sinks Barnsley (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Burnley on the brink of Premier League after Barnes header sinks Barnsley

BURNLEY could secure promotion at home to Middlesbrough this weekend, but Sean Dyche is staying consistent to his "one game at a time" message.

Ashley Barnes' early header secured a 1-0 win over struggling Barnsley at Oakwell to strengthen the Clarets' position in second place.

Derby County moved above QPR, whose defeat at Blackburn Rovers means they are 13 points adrift, with the Rams 11 behind with 15 left to play for.

Burnley are in touching distance of a return to the Premier League, but Dyche refuses to shift his focus.

"We've used that as a mental weapon," he said. "Why would we go away from that?

"I've told the players we've got to recover now, we'll get ready for the next game.

"The marvellous thing is we have three out of four home games now."

Burnley have lost only once at home in the Championship all season, to leaders Leicester.

Beating Barnsley - for only the second time in 82 years - extended their unbeaten away run to 10 games.

"I think we've played better to the ball, but credit to Barnsley, they gave everything they could to try and get a result," said Dyche.

"But if you're talking about the tactical shape of the team and professionalism, energy and belief and work ethic, it was all there.

"We thought we could affect the game with quality, and arguably could have killed it off in a couple of moments.

"But we never really looked in trouble."

Comments (27)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:25am Wed 9 Apr 14

.Lancs _ Pensioner says...

Well lets hope they do gain promotion this weekend the sooner the better for me as that little wager I placed at the start of the season odd's of 33-1 that Burnley would automatically get promotion has paid of well.

Cha-Ching
Well lets hope they do gain promotion this weekend the sooner the better for me as that little wager I placed at the start of the season odd's of 33-1 that Burnley would automatically get promotion has paid of well. Cha-Ching .Lancs _ Pensioner
  • Score: -2

7:56am Wed 9 Apr 14

j bee says...

.Lancs _ Pensioner wrote:
Well lets hope they do gain promotion this weekend the sooner the better for me as that little wager I placed at the start of the season odd's of 33-1 that Burnley would automatically get promotion has paid of well.

Cha-Ching
its just been forcast its worth 120 million this season and this season they have made a small profit , not bad for the small mill town club so its worth going up even if they come back down ,, there as been 25 clubs who have been in and come down so its nowt new
[quote][p][bold].Lancs _ Pensioner[/bold] wrote: Well lets hope they do gain promotion this weekend the sooner the better for me as that little wager I placed at the start of the season odd's of 33-1 that Burnley would automatically get promotion has paid of well. Cha-Ching[/p][/quote]its just been forcast its worth 120 million this season and this season they have made a small profit , not bad for the small mill town club so its worth going up even if they come back down ,, there as been 25 clubs who have been in and come down so its nowt new j bee
  • Score: 12

7:57am Wed 9 Apr 14

j bee says...

.Lancs _ Pensioner wrote:
Well lets hope they do gain promotion this weekend the sooner the better for me as that little wager I placed at the start of the season odd's of 33-1 that Burnley would automatically get promotion has paid of well.

Cha-Ching
its just been forcast its worth 120 million this season and this season they have made a small profit , not bad for the small mill town club so its worth going up even if they come back down ,, there as been 25 clubs who have been in and come down so its nowt new
[quote][p][bold].Lancs _ Pensioner[/bold] wrote: Well lets hope they do gain promotion this weekend the sooner the better for me as that little wager I placed at the start of the season odd's of 33-1 that Burnley would automatically get promotion has paid of well. Cha-Ching[/p][/quote]its just been forcast its worth 120 million this season and this season they have made a small profit , not bad for the small mill town club so its worth going up even if they come back down ,, there as been 25 clubs who have been in and come down so its nowt new j bee
  • Score: 6

8:59am Wed 9 Apr 14

houseclaret says...

The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be.
Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!!
The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be. Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!! houseclaret
  • Score: 18

9:11am Wed 9 Apr 14

eddio says...

houseclaret wrote:
The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be. Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!!
Perhaps Bunleh can now afford to fund your own newspaper then instead of besmirching (look it up!) our pages with your vile emanations (ditto!).
[quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be. Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!![/p][/quote]Perhaps Bunleh can now afford to fund your own newspaper then instead of besmirching (look it up!) our pages with your vile emanations (ditto!). eddio
  • Score: -20

9:18am Wed 9 Apr 14

eddio says...

On a more positive note, Burnley HAVE played exceptionally well this season and deserve their promotion. One defeat speaks volumes!
Hopefully, we are now back on the right path and pride is being restored in BRFC once again.
To Supper_Carrots, Cider and whizz , etc. etc. Good Luck n' Good Riddance!
On a more positive note, Burnley HAVE played exceptionally well this season and deserve their promotion. One defeat speaks volumes! Hopefully, we are now back on the right path and pride is being restored in BRFC once again. To Supper_Carrots, Cider and whizz , etc. etc. Good Luck n' Good Riddance! eddio
  • Score: -6

9:27am Wed 9 Apr 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

eddio wrote:
On a more positive note, Burnley HAVE played exceptionally well this season and deserve their promotion. One defeat speaks volumes!
Hopefully, we are now back on the right path and pride is being restored in BRFC once again.
To Supper_Carrots, Cider and whizz , etc. etc. Good Luck n' Good Riddance!
We'll never play you again.
[quote][p][bold]eddio[/bold] wrote: On a more positive note, Burnley HAVE played exceptionally well this season and deserve their promotion. One defeat speaks volumes! Hopefully, we are now back on the right path and pride is being restored in BRFC once again. To Supper_Carrots, Cider and whizz , etc. etc. Good Luck n' Good Riddance![/p][/quote]We'll never play you again. Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 13

9:30am Wed 9 Apr 14

j bee says...

as i live outside blackburn and this paper covers hynburn i have allways said its all blackburn news so i gave over buying it
as i live outside blackburn and this paper covers hynburn i have allways said its all blackburn news so i gave over buying it j bee
  • Score: 13

9:40am Wed 9 Apr 14

McClaret says...

Take it the report beating Barnsley twice in 82 years is not referring to any home games then.
Fantastic news, done it now and kind of Midds to get 2 sent off last night - they have been in great form, just like many others who have fallen at our feet this season.
UTC
Take it the report beating Barnsley twice in 82 years is not referring to any home games then. Fantastic news, done it now and kind of Midds to get 2 sent off last night - they have been in great form, just like many others who have fallen at our feet this season. UTC McClaret
  • Score: 10

10:06am Wed 9 Apr 14

houseclaret says...

eddio wrote:
houseclaret wrote:
The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be. Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!!
Perhaps Bunleh can now afford to fund your own newspaper then instead of besmirching (look it up!) our pages with your vile emanations (ditto!).
Perhaps you don't see the irony of trying to insult my not inconsiderable education and literacy by feeling the need to use the word "Bunleh".
As far as "besmirching" your pages is concerned let me ask two things:
1: When did you last see a post from myself on "your pages"? I think the last time was a couple of years ago when I was SUPPORTING your plight against Venkys.
2. Have you ever heard of the vile Fake Villa/any number of other names who feels the need to post on Burnley stories? He/she is not alone but is probabaly the worst. There are fools on both sides who, lacking in any real knowledge of football, feel the need to "besmirch".
3. What are you doing on here anyway if not "besmirching" a Burnley story?
[quote][p][bold]eddio[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be. Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!![/p][/quote]Perhaps Bunleh can now afford to fund your own newspaper then instead of besmirching (look it up!) our pages with your vile emanations (ditto!).[/p][/quote]Perhaps you don't see the irony of trying to insult my not inconsiderable education and literacy by feeling the need to use the word "Bunleh". As far as "besmirching" your pages is concerned let me ask two things: 1: When did you last see a post from myself on "your pages"? I think the last time was a couple of years ago when I was SUPPORTING your plight against Venkys. 2. Have you ever heard of the vile Fake Villa/any number of other names who feels the need to post on Burnley stories? He/she is not alone but is probabaly the worst. There are fools on both sides who, lacking in any real knowledge of football, feel the need to "besmirch". 3. What are you doing on here anyway if not "besmirching" a Burnley story? houseclaret
  • Score: 13

10:09am Wed 9 Apr 14

houseclaret says...

houseclaret wrote:
eddio wrote:
houseclaret wrote:
The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be. Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!!
Perhaps Bunleh can now afford to fund your own newspaper then instead of besmirching (look it up!) our pages with your vile emanations (ditto!).
Perhaps you don't see the irony of trying to insult my not inconsiderable education and literacy by feeling the need to use the word "Bunleh".
As far as "besmirching" your pages is concerned let me ask two things:
1: When did you last see a post from myself on "your pages"? I think the last time was a couple of years ago when I was SUPPORTING your plight against Venkys.
2. Have you ever heard of the vile Fake Villa/any number of other names who feels the need to post on Burnley stories? He/she is not alone but is probabaly the worst. There are fools on both sides who, lacking in any real knowledge of football, feel the need to "besmirch".
3. What are you doing on here anyway if not "besmirching" a Burnley story?
Sorry, 3 things. The last was an afterthought.
[quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]eddio[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be. Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!![/p][/quote]Perhaps Bunleh can now afford to fund your own newspaper then instead of besmirching (look it up!) our pages with your vile emanations (ditto!).[/p][/quote]Perhaps you don't see the irony of trying to insult my not inconsiderable education and literacy by feeling the need to use the word "Bunleh". As far as "besmirching" your pages is concerned let me ask two things: 1: When did you last see a post from myself on "your pages"? I think the last time was a couple of years ago when I was SUPPORTING your plight against Venkys. 2. Have you ever heard of the vile Fake Villa/any number of other names who feels the need to post on Burnley stories? He/she is not alone but is probabaly the worst. There are fools on both sides who, lacking in any real knowledge of football, feel the need to "besmirch". 3. What are you doing on here anyway if not "besmirching" a Burnley story?[/p][/quote]Sorry, 3 things. The last was an afterthought. houseclaret
  • Score: 6

10:17am Wed 9 Apr 14

rudis_dad says...

eddio wrote:
houseclaret wrote:
The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be. Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!!
Perhaps Bunleh can now afford to fund your own newspaper then instead of besmirching (look it up!) our pages with your vile emanations (ditto!).
We've got one, you dingbat - it's called the Burnley Express and it's a damned sight better than the LT...
[quote][p][bold]eddio[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be. Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!![/p][/quote]Perhaps Bunleh can now afford to fund your own newspaper then instead of besmirching (look it up!) our pages with your vile emanations (ditto!).[/p][/quote]We've got one, you dingbat - it's called the Burnley Express and it's a damned sight better than the LT... rudis_dad
  • Score: 13

11:29am Wed 9 Apr 14

houseclaret says...

I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare.
As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source?
Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club.
If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league).
Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!!
I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!! houseclaret
  • Score: 8

11:49am Wed 9 Apr 14

RobH2O says...

Earlier in the season, Rovers travelled to Barnsley on a Tuesday night. They were higher up the league than they are now. They considered themselves a prime candidate for the playoffs and had everything to play for. 720 Rovers fans travelled to Barnsley.

Last night, a Tuesday, Burnley travelled to Barnsley. We consider ourselves a prime candidate for promotion - going straight up. 3,270 Burnley fans travelled to Barnsley.

Up the Clarets.
Earlier in the season, Rovers travelled to Barnsley on a Tuesday night. They were higher up the league than they are now. They considered themselves a prime candidate for the playoffs and had everything to play for. 720 Rovers fans travelled to Barnsley. Last night, a Tuesday, Burnley travelled to Barnsley. We consider ourselves a prime candidate for promotion - going straight up. 3,270 Burnley fans travelled to Barnsley. Up the Clarets. RobH2O
  • Score: 8

12:03pm Wed 9 Apr 14

RobH2O says...

houseclaret wrote:
I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare.
As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source?
Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club.
If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league).
Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!!
If I may take this further please, houseclaret?

When you search the web, the link always states "Lancashire telegraph....Blackbu
rn Rovers". When you open the home page of the newspaper paper site , two thirds of the way down there is a thumb-nail picture of Gary Bower to link you to Rovers. There isn't one for Burnley FC.

With only one exception that I can recall, the Rovers' match report is up within one hour of every match. That is never the case with Burnley. It is nearly always next day, or no report at all!!! You are left with the live scroll of the match.

A mate of mine took this up some time ago with a big wig at the papers ultimate owners. The first response he got was, "well its a Blackburn paper. Why would they report on Burnley or anyone else?" My friend pointed out that they did cover Burnley, and Accrington Stanley for that matter, but at a lower level and never evenly. He was surprised by the fact that this happened (Manchester based and not a clue what was going on actually). He then responded "well, its because they are in the Premier League." Well, at this point my pal had established that there was a bias, they didn't argue with that, it was just a case of justifying it. However, Rovers had just dropped out of the Premier League. This was pointed out to him. He looked embarrassed and said "well, er, er, then it'll be based on alphabetical order"!!

You wonder why there are hundreds of comments on Clarets Mad rather than here.
[quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!![/p][/quote]If I may take this further please, houseclaret? When you search the web, the link always states "Lancashire telegraph....Blackbu rn Rovers". When you open the home page of the newspaper paper site , two thirds of the way down there is a thumb-nail picture of Gary Bower to link you to Rovers. There isn't one for Burnley FC. With only one exception that I can recall, the Rovers' match report is up within one hour of every match. That is never the case with Burnley. It is nearly always next day, or no report at all!!! You are left with the live scroll of the match. A mate of mine took this up some time ago with a big wig at the papers ultimate owners. The first response he got was, "well its a Blackburn paper. Why would they report on Burnley or anyone else?" My friend pointed out that they did cover Burnley, and Accrington Stanley for that matter, but at a lower level and never evenly. He was surprised by the fact that this happened (Manchester based and not a clue what was going on actually). He then responded "well, its because they are in the Premier League." Well, at this point my pal had established that there was a bias, they didn't argue with that, it was just a case of justifying it. However, Rovers had just dropped out of the Premier League. This was pointed out to him. He looked embarrassed and said "well, er, er, then it'll be based on alphabetical order"!! You wonder why there are hundreds of comments on Clarets Mad rather than here. RobH2O
  • Score: 6

12:47pm Wed 9 Apr 14

houseclaret says...

RobH2O wrote:
houseclaret wrote:
I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare.
As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source?
Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club.
If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league).
Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!!
If I may take this further please, houseclaret?

When you search the web, the link always states "Lancashire telegraph....Blackbu

rn Rovers". When you open the home page of the newspaper paper site , two thirds of the way down there is a thumb-nail picture of Gary Bower to link you to Rovers. There isn't one for Burnley FC.

With only one exception that I can recall, the Rovers' match report is up within one hour of every match. That is never the case with Burnley. It is nearly always next day, or no report at all!!! You are left with the live scroll of the match.

A mate of mine took this up some time ago with a big wig at the papers ultimate owners. The first response he got was, "well its a Blackburn paper. Why would they report on Burnley or anyone else?" My friend pointed out that they did cover Burnley, and Accrington Stanley for that matter, but at a lower level and never evenly. He was surprised by the fact that this happened (Manchester based and not a clue what was going on actually). He then responded "well, its because they are in the Premier League." Well, at this point my pal had established that there was a bias, they didn't argue with that, it was just a case of justifying it. However, Rovers had just dropped out of the Premier League. This was pointed out to him. He looked embarrassed and said "well, er, er, then it'll be based on alphabetical order"!!

You wonder why there are hundreds of comments on Clarets Mad rather than here.
I have noticed the picture of Bowyer apparently ascending to heaven (you know the one). I feel that Clarets are leaving these pages due to the overwhelming bias showed to our neighbours. It is a misnomer calling it the Lancashire Telegraph. I may move over to Burnley Express/Clarets Mad. It may be an idea to let the blue losers have it to themselves so they can devote more space to moaning about their own club, it's what they do best anyway.
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!![/p][/quote]If I may take this further please, houseclaret? When you search the web, the link always states "Lancashire telegraph....Blackbu rn Rovers". When you open the home page of the newspaper paper site , two thirds of the way down there is a thumb-nail picture of Gary Bower to link you to Rovers. There isn't one for Burnley FC. With only one exception that I can recall, the Rovers' match report is up within one hour of every match. That is never the case with Burnley. It is nearly always next day, or no report at all!!! You are left with the live scroll of the match. A mate of mine took this up some time ago with a big wig at the papers ultimate owners. The first response he got was, "well its a Blackburn paper. Why would they report on Burnley or anyone else?" My friend pointed out that they did cover Burnley, and Accrington Stanley for that matter, but at a lower level and never evenly. He was surprised by the fact that this happened (Manchester based and not a clue what was going on actually). He then responded "well, its because they are in the Premier League." Well, at this point my pal had established that there was a bias, they didn't argue with that, it was just a case of justifying it. However, Rovers had just dropped out of the Premier League. This was pointed out to him. He looked embarrassed and said "well, er, er, then it'll be based on alphabetical order"!! You wonder why there are hundreds of comments on Clarets Mad rather than here.[/p][/quote]I have noticed the picture of Bowyer apparently ascending to heaven (you know the one). I feel that Clarets are leaving these pages due to the overwhelming bias showed to our neighbours. It is a misnomer calling it the Lancashire Telegraph. I may move over to Burnley Express/Clarets Mad. It may be an idea to let the blue losers have it to themselves so they can devote more space to moaning about their own club, it's what they do best anyway. houseclaret
  • Score: 1

1:37pm Wed 9 Apr 14

We'll win the next one says...

Well done Burnley thoroughly deserved. When you do go up, enjoy the Premiership as I'm sure you will. Hopefully we might join you next season or the season after, 2 Lancashire clubs in the Premiership is all good for our area. Win, lose or draw there is nothing like derby day. Good look guys and well done !
RTID.
Well done Burnley thoroughly deserved. When you do go up, enjoy the Premiership as I'm sure you will. Hopefully we might join you next season or the season after, 2 Lancashire clubs in the Premiership is all good for our area. Win, lose or draw there is nothing like derby day. Good look guys and well done ! RTID. We'll win the next one
  • Score: 14

2:27pm Wed 9 Apr 14

eddio says...

houseclaret wrote:
houseclaret wrote:
eddio wrote:
houseclaret wrote: The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be. Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!!
Perhaps Bunleh can now afford to fund your own newspaper then instead of besmirching (look it up!) our pages with your vile emanations (ditto!).
Perhaps you don't see the irony of trying to insult my not inconsiderable education and literacy by feeling the need to use the word "Bunleh". As far as "besmirching" your pages is concerned let me ask two things: 1: When did you last see a post from myself on "your pages"? I think the last time was a couple of years ago when I was SUPPORTING your plight against Venkys. 2. Have you ever heard of the vile Fake Villa/any number of other names who feels the need to post on Burnley stories? He/she is not alone but is probabaly the worst. There are fools on both sides who, lacking in any real knowledge of football, feel the need to "besmirch". 3. What are you doing on here anyway if not "besmirching" a Burnley story?
Sorry, 3 things. The last was an afterthought.
lol! So much for your self-promoted education then! hahaha.
[quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]eddio[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be. Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!![/p][/quote]Perhaps Bunleh can now afford to fund your own newspaper then instead of besmirching (look it up!) our pages with your vile emanations (ditto!).[/p][/quote]Perhaps you don't see the irony of trying to insult my not inconsiderable education and literacy by feeling the need to use the word "Bunleh". As far as "besmirching" your pages is concerned let me ask two things: 1: When did you last see a post from myself on "your pages"? I think the last time was a couple of years ago when I was SUPPORTING your plight against Venkys. 2. Have you ever heard of the vile Fake Villa/any number of other names who feels the need to post on Burnley stories? He/she is not alone but is probabaly the worst. There are fools on both sides who, lacking in any real knowledge of football, feel the need to "besmirch". 3. What are you doing on here anyway if not "besmirching" a Burnley story?[/p][/quote]Sorry, 3 things. The last was an afterthought.[/p][/quote]lol! So much for your self-promoted education then! hahaha. eddio
  • Score: -3

2:29pm Wed 9 Apr 14

eddio says...

RobH2O wrote:
houseclaret wrote: I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!!
If I may take this further please, houseclaret? When you search the web, the link always states "Lancashire telegraph....Blackbu rn Rovers". When you open the home page of the newspaper paper site , two thirds of the way down there is a thumb-nail picture of Gary Bower to link you to Rovers. There isn't one for Burnley FC. With only one exception that I can recall, the Rovers' match report is up within one hour of every match. That is never the case with Burnley. It is nearly always next day, or no report at all!!! You are left with the live scroll of the match. A mate of mine took this up some time ago with a big wig at the papers ultimate owners. The first response he got was, "well its a Blackburn paper. Why would they report on Burnley or anyone else?" My friend pointed out that they did cover Burnley, and Accrington Stanley for that matter, but at a lower level and never evenly. He was surprised by the fact that this happened (Manchester based and not a clue what was going on actually). He then responded "well, its because they are in the Premier League." Well, at this point my pal had established that there was a bias, they didn't argue with that, it was just a case of justifying it. However, Rovers had just dropped out of the Premier League. This was pointed out to him. He looked embarrassed and said "well, er, er, then it'll be based on alphabetical order"!! You wonder why there are hundreds of comments on Clarets Mad rather than here.
hmmm? is it because it's a Burnley supporters forum? I wonder...
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!![/p][/quote]If I may take this further please, houseclaret? When you search the web, the link always states "Lancashire telegraph....Blackbu rn Rovers". When you open the home page of the newspaper paper site , two thirds of the way down there is a thumb-nail picture of Gary Bower to link you to Rovers. There isn't one for Burnley FC. With only one exception that I can recall, the Rovers' match report is up within one hour of every match. That is never the case with Burnley. It is nearly always next day, or no report at all!!! You are left with the live scroll of the match. A mate of mine took this up some time ago with a big wig at the papers ultimate owners. The first response he got was, "well its a Blackburn paper. Why would they report on Burnley or anyone else?" My friend pointed out that they did cover Burnley, and Accrington Stanley for that matter, but at a lower level and never evenly. He was surprised by the fact that this happened (Manchester based and not a clue what was going on actually). He then responded "well, its because they are in the Premier League." Well, at this point my pal had established that there was a bias, they didn't argue with that, it was just a case of justifying it. However, Rovers had just dropped out of the Premier League. This was pointed out to him. He looked embarrassed and said "well, er, er, then it'll be based on alphabetical order"!! You wonder why there are hundreds of comments on Clarets Mad rather than here.[/p][/quote]hmmm? is it because it's a Burnley supporters forum? I wonder... eddio
  • Score: -5

2:31pm Wed 9 Apr 14

eddio says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
eddio wrote: On a more positive note, Burnley HAVE played exceptionally well this season and deserve their promotion. One defeat speaks volumes! Hopefully, we are now back on the right path and pride is being restored in BRFC once again. To Supper_Carrots, Cider and whizz , etc. etc. Good Luck n' Good Riddance!
We'll never play you again.
promises, promises!
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]eddio[/bold] wrote: On a more positive note, Burnley HAVE played exceptionally well this season and deserve their promotion. One defeat speaks volumes! Hopefully, we are now back on the right path and pride is being restored in BRFC once again. To Supper_Carrots, Cider and whizz , etc. etc. Good Luck n' Good Riddance![/p][/quote]We'll never play you again.[/p][/quote]promises, promises! eddio
  • Score: -2

2:33pm Wed 9 Apr 14

eddio says...

rudis_dad wrote:
eddio wrote:
houseclaret wrote: The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be. Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!!
Perhaps Bunleh can now afford to fund your own newspaper then instead of besmirching (look it up!) our pages with your vile emanations (ditto!).
We've got one, you dingbat - it's called the Burnley Express and it's a damned sight better than the LT...
Well why not jog on to that rag instead of spewing bile on here?
[quote][p][bold]rudis_dad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]eddio[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: The top local side is virtually in the prem, barring unrealistic disasters, 11 points clear of the chasing pack with a far superior goal difference and a run-in that is not at all scary. 10 games unbeaten away from home with another hoodoo busted. Rovers fans reduced to the desperation of statements like "down by Christmas" (the same song was sang last time we were promoted when, in fact, we were above them at Christmas and doing very nicely thank you). All this is marvelous news locally, as it has been ALL season. The national media have sat up and taken notice and even many Rovers fans are now grudgingly admitting we are where we deserve to be. Question to the "Blackburn" Telegraph: where is the report of last night's game? Not a sign!!! Disgrace!!![/p][/quote]Perhaps Bunleh can now afford to fund your own newspaper then instead of besmirching (look it up!) our pages with your vile emanations (ditto!).[/p][/quote]We've got one, you dingbat - it's called the Burnley Express and it's a damned sight better than the LT...[/p][/quote]Well why not jog on to that rag instead of spewing bile on here? eddio
  • Score: -6

2:38pm Wed 9 Apr 14

eddio says...

houseclaret wrote:
I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!!
Is it because nobody else likes you, do you think?
[quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!![/p][/quote]Is it because nobody else likes you, do you think? eddio
  • Score: -6

3:21pm Wed 9 Apr 14

houseclaret says...

eddio wrote:
houseclaret wrote:
I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!!
Is it because nobody else likes you, do you think?
I see you are "besmirching" a Burnley forum again. Do you understand the meaning of the word hypocrisy? Look it up.
[quote][p][bold]eddio[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!![/p][/quote]Is it because nobody else likes you, do you think?[/p][/quote]I see you are "besmirching" a Burnley forum again. Do you understand the meaning of the word hypocrisy? Look it up. houseclaret
  • Score: 4

5:58pm Wed 9 Apr 14

tall in the saddle says...

eddio wrote:
RobH2O wrote:
houseclaret wrote: I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!!
If I may take this further please, houseclaret? When you search the web, the link always states "Lancashire telegraph....Blackbu rn Rovers". When you open the home page of the newspaper paper site , two thirds of the way down there is a thumb-nail picture of Gary Bower to link you to Rovers. There isn't one for Burnley FC. With only one exception that I can recall, the Rovers' match report is up within one hour of every match. That is never the case with Burnley. It is nearly always next day, or no report at all!!! You are left with the live scroll of the match. A mate of mine took this up some time ago with a big wig at the papers ultimate owners. The first response he got was, "well its a Blackburn paper. Why would they report on Burnley or anyone else?" My friend pointed out that they did cover Burnley, and Accrington Stanley for that matter, but at a lower level and never evenly. He was surprised by the fact that this happened (Manchester based and not a clue what was going on actually). He then responded "well, its because they are in the Premier League." Well, at this point my pal had established that there was a bias, they didn't argue with that, it was just a case of justifying it. However, Rovers had just dropped out of the Premier League. This was pointed out to him. He looked embarrassed and said "well, er, er, then it'll be based on alphabetical order"!! You wonder why there are hundreds of comments on Clarets Mad rather than here.
hmmm? is it because it's a Burnley supporters forum? I wonder...
Yes and this is not a Blackburn thread. I can understand why you may be mesmerised by the Clarets and what Sean Dyche has done though. He had to sell the leading goal scorer Charlie Austin. No problem he got two more strikers to score a lot of goals. They get injured – much to the joy of you lot – and he still finds a way to win games. Just bloody marvellous.
[quote][p][bold]eddio[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!![/p][/quote]If I may take this further please, houseclaret? When you search the web, the link always states "Lancashire telegraph....Blackbu rn Rovers". When you open the home page of the newspaper paper site , two thirds of the way down there is a thumb-nail picture of Gary Bower to link you to Rovers. There isn't one for Burnley FC. With only one exception that I can recall, the Rovers' match report is up within one hour of every match. That is never the case with Burnley. It is nearly always next day, or no report at all!!! You are left with the live scroll of the match. A mate of mine took this up some time ago with a big wig at the papers ultimate owners. The first response he got was, "well its a Blackburn paper. Why would they report on Burnley or anyone else?" My friend pointed out that they did cover Burnley, and Accrington Stanley for that matter, but at a lower level and never evenly. He was surprised by the fact that this happened (Manchester based and not a clue what was going on actually). He then responded "well, its because they are in the Premier League." Well, at this point my pal had established that there was a bias, they didn't argue with that, it was just a case of justifying it. However, Rovers had just dropped out of the Premier League. This was pointed out to him. He looked embarrassed and said "well, er, er, then it'll be based on alphabetical order"!! You wonder why there are hundreds of comments on Clarets Mad rather than here.[/p][/quote]hmmm? is it because it's a Burnley supporters forum? I wonder...[/p][/quote]Yes and this is not a Blackburn thread. I can understand why you may be mesmerised by the Clarets and what Sean Dyche has done though. He had to sell the leading goal scorer Charlie Austin. No problem he got two more strikers to score a lot of goals. They get injured – much to the joy of you lot – and he still finds a way to win games. Just bloody marvellous. tall in the saddle
  • Score: 4

1:11am Thu 10 Apr 14

no ney never says...

No matter how much you spend its 5 years since you last beat us.
This is the second season on the bounce we have finished above you, next season will be 3.
Burnley earn more income from gate receipts than blackburn because people are willing to pay the price for the high level of entertainment on display.
Our attendance has increased markedly, yours are in decline.
Burnley are better than blackburn rovers, now by a very long way.
Burnley are not interested in what blackburn may have achieved by at least over a decade ago as we are enjoying today too much to care.
☆VDT ☆
No matter how much you spend its 5 years since you last beat us. This is the second season on the bounce we have finished above you, next season will be 3. Burnley earn more income from gate receipts than blackburn because people are willing to pay the price for the high level of entertainment on display. Our attendance has increased markedly, yours are in decline. Burnley are better than blackburn rovers, now by a very long way. Burnley are not interested in what blackburn may have achieved by at least over a decade ago as we are enjoying today too much to care. ☆VDT ☆ no ney never
  • Score: 2

3:42pm Thu 10 Apr 14

RobH2O says...

eddio wrote:
RobH2O wrote:
houseclaret wrote: I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!!
If I may take this further please, houseclaret? When you search the web, the link always states "Lancashire telegraph....Blackbu rn Rovers". When you open the home page of the newspaper paper site , two thirds of the way down there is a thumb-nail picture of Gary Bower to link you to Rovers. There isn't one for Burnley FC. With only one exception that I can recall, the Rovers' match report is up within one hour of every match. That is never the case with Burnley. It is nearly always next day, or no report at all!!! You are left with the live scroll of the match. A mate of mine took this up some time ago with a big wig at the papers ultimate owners. The first response he got was, "well its a Blackburn paper. Why would they report on Burnley or anyone else?" My friend pointed out that they did cover Burnley, and Accrington Stanley for that matter, but at a lower level and never evenly. He was surprised by the fact that this happened (Manchester based and not a clue what was going on actually). He then responded "well, its because they are in the Premier League." Well, at this point my pal had established that there was a bias, they didn't argue with that, it was just a case of justifying it. However, Rovers had just dropped out of the Premier League. This was pointed out to him. He looked embarrassed and said "well, er, er, then it'll be based on alphabetical order"!! You wonder why there are hundreds of comments on Clarets Mad rather than here.
hmmm? is it because it's a Burnley supporters forum? I wonder...
It is most certainly a Burnley Supporters' Forum.

This newspaper has its football comment facility onto two sections; one for the worthless crud known as Blackburn Rovers and one for the wonderful squeaky-clean and shining Clarets.

This has, thus, created wait-for-it two separate supporters forums! The Burnley thread on here is a supporters forum, just like the one in Clarets Mad.

So, your point was exactly what?
[quote][p][bold]eddio[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!![/p][/quote]If I may take this further please, houseclaret? When you search the web, the link always states "Lancashire telegraph....Blackbu rn Rovers". When you open the home page of the newspaper paper site , two thirds of the way down there is a thumb-nail picture of Gary Bower to link you to Rovers. There isn't one for Burnley FC. With only one exception that I can recall, the Rovers' match report is up within one hour of every match. That is never the case with Burnley. It is nearly always next day, or no report at all!!! You are left with the live scroll of the match. A mate of mine took this up some time ago with a big wig at the papers ultimate owners. The first response he got was, "well its a Blackburn paper. Why would they report on Burnley or anyone else?" My friend pointed out that they did cover Burnley, and Accrington Stanley for that matter, but at a lower level and never evenly. He was surprised by the fact that this happened (Manchester based and not a clue what was going on actually). He then responded "well, its because they are in the Premier League." Well, at this point my pal had established that there was a bias, they didn't argue with that, it was just a case of justifying it. However, Rovers had just dropped out of the Premier League. This was pointed out to him. He looked embarrassed and said "well, er, er, then it'll be based on alphabetical order"!! You wonder why there are hundreds of comments on Clarets Mad rather than here.[/p][/quote]hmmm? is it because it's a Burnley supporters forum? I wonder...[/p][/quote]It is most certainly a Burnley Supporters' Forum. This newspaper has its football comment facility onto two sections; one for the worthless crud known as Blackburn Rovers and one for the wonderful squeaky-clean and shining Clarets. This has, thus, created wait-for-it two separate supporters forums! The Burnley thread on here is a supporters forum, just like the one in Clarets Mad. So, your point was exactly what? RobH2O
  • Score: 1

3:48pm Thu 10 Apr 14

RobH2O says...

eddio wrote:
houseclaret wrote:
I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!!
Is it because nobody else likes you, do you think?
"Nobody else"? What has who likes who got to do with the methodical reporting of events got to do with somebody else's dislike or likes? You are either a paper that reports the sporting news, or your not.

Did you post a comment to the wrong comment line or something?
[quote][p][bold]eddio[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]houseclaret[/bold] wrote: I give up. What is THE biggest footballing story in East Lancashire at the moment? It would appear that it is Blackburn Rovers still having the remotest of chances of sneaking into the play-offs if others fail. It appears NOT to be Burnley possibly gaining automatic promotion with 4 games to spare. As someone who, due to work commitments,has difficulty getting to away games mid-week I rely on reports on the games. In this the so-called Lancashire Telegraph is failing very badly. Is it because you can't afford to send a reporter? Are you awaiting a general media report from a central source? Perhaps you really should re-name your paper the Blackburn whatever due to the number of things appearing as "news" on that town's football club. If we get promotion at the weekend I can see the headline now: Gary Bowyer says we'll take on board the lessons from that defeat (oh, and by the way, Burnely have achieved promotion to the premier league). Utter, utter disgrace Telegraph!!![/p][/quote]Is it because nobody else likes you, do you think?[/p][/quote]"Nobody else"? What has who likes who got to do with the methodical reporting of events got to do with somebody else's dislike or likes? You are either a paper that reports the sporting news, or your not. Did you post a comment to the wrong comment line or something? RobH2O
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree