Lancashire TelegraphClarets v Derby County: Friday night team news (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Clarets v Derby County: Friday night team news

Lancashire Telegraph: Clarerts v Derby County: Friday night team news Clarerts v Derby County: Friday night team news

Burnley could name the same XI for the sixth straight game when Derby visit Turf Moor.

Sean Dyche's high-fliers can further consolidate their automatic promotion spot with a win over the Rams and given the way the Clarets' starting line-up demolished Nottingham Forest in the first half last week, there is unlikely to be any tinkering.

Midfielder Brian Stock has been held back with a back problem recently but the form of those ahead of him in the pecking order would probably have left him on the sidelines anyway.

Were the Clarets to avoid defeat on Saturday, they would have gone over a year unbeaten in the league at their home, having last tasted Championship defeat at Turf Moor on March 11.

Midfielder Craig Bryson and forward Jamie Ward are expected to return to the Derby squad for Saturday's showdown against promotion rivals Burnley.

Both players missed the home win over Bournemouth last weekend, Bryson with a knock and Ward due to a hamstring problem, as Jeff Hendrick and Johnny Russell were recalled to the starting line-up.

Their returns give Rams head coach Steve McClaren a selection poser ahead of the clash at Turf Moor, where victory for Derby would see them replace the Clarets in the second automatic promotion place behind Sky Bet Championship leaders Leicester.

Attacking midfielder Simon Dawkins and striker Conor Sammon also come into contention for starting roles after making key contributions from the bench against Bournemouth.

Related links

Comments (14)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:52pm Fri 28 Feb 14

Dingle Dangle says...

What do you mean "could name". He's no choice but to name them. That's all the desperate man has got. At least they're all England internationals!!! Pfff!
What do you mean "could name". He's no choice but to name them. That's all the desperate man has got. At least they're all England internationals!!! Pfff! Dingle Dangle
  • Score: -7

8:17pm Fri 28 Feb 14

burnleyfan4life says...

You are correct for once

Heaton - ex England U21
Trippier - ex England U21
Mee- Ex England U21
Jones - Ex England U21
Marney - Ex England U21
Kighlty-- Ex England U21
Stanislas - Ex England U21
Ings - Current England U21

Plus Vokes - Welsh International, Treacey - Irish International, Edgar - Canada International, Lafferty - Northern Ireland International, WEallace - scotish International, Duff - Northern Ireland International
You are correct for once Heaton - ex England U21 Trippier - ex England U21 Mee- Ex England U21 Jones - Ex England U21 Marney - Ex England U21 Kighlty-- Ex England U21 Stanislas - Ex England U21 Ings - Current England U21 Plus Vokes - Welsh International, Treacey - Irish International, Edgar - Canada International, Lafferty - Northern Ireland International, WEallace - scotish International, Duff - Northern Ireland International burnleyfan4life
  • Score: 7

11:59pm Fri 28 Feb 14

Dingle Dangle says...

For your information ex means no more you delusionist
For your information ex means no more you delusionist Dingle Dangle
  • Score: -3

12:23am Sat 1 Mar 14

Trippier And Ings Want Out says...

It'll all end in tears
It'll all end in tears Trippier And Ings Want Out
  • Score: -4

8:49am Sat 1 Mar 14

Chris P Bacon says...

Trippier And Ings Want Out wrote:
It'll all end in tears
New sign in, Titley? You won't stay under our radar for long.
[quote][p][bold]Trippier And Ings Want Out[/bold] wrote: It'll all end in tears[/p][/quote]New sign in, Titley? You won't stay under our radar for long. Chris P Bacon
  • Score: 4

9:20am Sat 1 Mar 14

Dingle Dangle says...

Chris P Bacon wrote:
Trippier And Ings Want Out wrote:
It'll all end in tears
New sign in, Titley? You won't stay under our radar for long.
Paranoia is one of your less appealing traits
[quote][p][bold]Chris P Bacon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Trippier And Ings Want Out[/bold] wrote: It'll all end in tears[/p][/quote]New sign in, Titley? You won't stay under our radar for long.[/p][/quote]Paranoia is one of your less appealing traits Dingle Dangle
  • Score: -5

9:44am Sat 1 Mar 14

RobH2O says...

Dingle Dangle wrote:
Chris P Bacon wrote:
Trippier And Ings Want Out wrote:
It'll all end in tears
New sign in, Titley? You won't stay under our radar for long.
Paranoia is one of your less appealing traits
Just because your paranoid doesn't mean you don't have sign-ins website boy
[quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chris P Bacon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Trippier And Ings Want Out[/bold] wrote: It'll all end in tears[/p][/quote]New sign in, Titley? You won't stay under our radar for long.[/p][/quote]Paranoia is one of your less appealing traits[/p][/quote]Just because your paranoid doesn't mean you don't have sign-ins website boy RobH2O
  • Score: 3

10:47am Sat 1 Mar 14

look.up.blackburn. says...

Dingle Dangle wrote:
For your information ex means no more you delusionist
Desperate no-dad.
[quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: For your information ex means no more you delusionist[/p][/quote]Desperate no-dad. look.up.blackburn.
  • Score: 3

10:48am Sat 1 Mar 14

Dingle Dangle says...

look.up.blackburn. wrote:
Dingle Dangle wrote:
For your information ex means no more you delusionist
Desperate no-dad.
Nice to see you on your own thread for once!!
[quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: For your information ex means no more you delusionist[/p][/quote]Desperate no-dad.[/p][/quote]Nice to see you on your own thread for once!! Dingle Dangle
  • Score: -3

10:57am Sat 1 Mar 14

Chris P Bacon says...

Dingle Dangle wrote:
Chris P Bacon wrote:
Trippier And Ings Want Out wrote:
It'll all end in tears
New sign in, Titley? You won't stay under our radar for long.
Paranoia is one of your less appealing traits
Well I'm hoping it is as if that defective gene was different to that of Titley's and yours, then your district is infested with more psychological problems than it needs. Care in the community will have a lot of questions to answer if that's the case.
[quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chris P Bacon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Trippier And Ings Want Out[/bold] wrote: It'll all end in tears[/p][/quote]New sign in, Titley? You won't stay under our radar for long.[/p][/quote]Paranoia is one of your less appealing traits[/p][/quote]Well I'm hoping it is as if that defective gene was different to that of Titley's and yours, then your district is infested with more psychological problems than it needs. Care in the community will have a lot of questions to answer if that's the case. Chris P Bacon
  • Score: 4

11:00am Sat 1 Mar 14

Dingle Dangle says...

Chris P Bacon wrote:
Dingle Dangle wrote:
Chris P Bacon wrote:
Trippier And Ings Want Out wrote:
It'll all end in tears
New sign in, Titley? You won't stay under our radar for long.
Paranoia is one of your less appealing traits
Well I'm hoping it is as if that defective gene was different to that of Titley's and yours, then your district is infested with more psychological problems than it needs. Care in the community will have a lot of questions to answer if that's the case.
Nurse - crispy and h20 need their bed baths please
[quote][p][bold]Chris P Bacon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chris P Bacon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Trippier And Ings Want Out[/bold] wrote: It'll all end in tears[/p][/quote]New sign in, Titley? You won't stay under our radar for long.[/p][/quote]Paranoia is one of your less appealing traits[/p][/quote]Well I'm hoping it is as if that defective gene was different to that of Titley's and yours, then your district is infested with more psychological problems than it needs. Care in the community will have a lot of questions to answer if that's the case.[/p][/quote]Nurse - crispy and h20 need their bed baths please Dingle Dangle
  • Score: -4

11:19am Sat 1 Mar 14

Chris P Bacon says...

Dingle Dangle wrote:
Chris P Bacon wrote:
Dingle Dangle wrote:
Chris P Bacon wrote:
Trippier And Ings Want Out wrote:
It'll all end in tears
New sign in, Titley? You won't stay under our radar for long.
Paranoia is one of your less appealing traits
Well I'm hoping it is as if that defective gene was different to that of Titley's and yours, then your district is infested with more psychological problems than it needs. Care in the community will have a lot of questions to answer if that's the case.
Nurse - crispy and h20 need their bed baths please
The only nurse required here is your poor benighted CPN. And he'll need re-eductaing on the problems infesting the community.
[quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chris P Bacon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chris P Bacon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Trippier And Ings Want Out[/bold] wrote: It'll all end in tears[/p][/quote]New sign in, Titley? You won't stay under our radar for long.[/p][/quote]Paranoia is one of your less appealing traits[/p][/quote]Well I'm hoping it is as if that defective gene was different to that of Titley's and yours, then your district is infested with more psychological problems than it needs. Care in the community will have a lot of questions to answer if that's the case.[/p][/quote]Nurse - crispy and h20 need their bed baths please[/p][/quote]The only nurse required here is your poor benighted CPN. And he'll need re-eductaing on the problems infesting the community. Chris P Bacon
  • Score: 5

11:54am Sat 1 Mar 14

RobH2O says...

Dingle Dangle wrote:
look.up.blackburn. wrote:
Dingle Dangle wrote:
For your information ex means no more you delusionist
Desperate no-dad.
Nice to see you on your own thread for once!!
Oooo, you hypocrite - get you ya ****
[quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: For your information ex means no more you delusionist[/p][/quote]Desperate no-dad.[/p][/quote]Nice to see you on your own thread for once!![/p][/quote]Oooo, you hypocrite - get you ya **** RobH2O
  • Score: 1

12:44pm Sat 1 Mar 14

burnleyfan4life says...

Dingle Dangle wrote:
For your information ex means no more you delusionist
name the rovers players in your squad deemed good enough to represent England at U21 level?? - Go on then!!
[quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: For your information ex means no more you delusionist[/p][/quote]name the rovers players in your squad deemed good enough to represent England at U21 level?? - Go on then!! burnleyfan4life
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree