Striker Jordan Rhodes 'not for sale' says Blackburn Rovers manager Gary Bowyer

Jordan Rhodes

Jordan Rhodes

First published in Football Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by , Sports reporter

BLACKBURN Rovers boss Gary Bowyer says Jordan Rhodes is happy to stay at Ewood Park – insisting that the striker is ‘not for sale’.

Rhodes has been linked with a host of clubs this summer, including Hull and West Ham, but Rovers have stated that they have had no official approaches for their leading goalscorer.

The striker is currently on international duty, preparing for Scotland’s World Cup qualifier in Croatia tomorrow night, but Bowyer spoke to the forward before he went away and said Rhodes told him he was happy at Ewood Park.

“He’s happy where he is,” said the Rovers manager.

“I spoke to him and I just wished him all the best as he went away for the international game before he comes back to us. Jordan is not for sale.”

Asked if that was at any price, Bowyer added: “For me it is, certainly the conversation I had with the owners was that he was not for sale.

“You read about interest from Hull in the papers and you’re always going to get speculation about your best players.

“Manchester United couldn’t hang on to Ronaldo, so every player has their price.

“There has been talk in the papers about Jordan and Martin Olsson as well, but these are some of our better players and we don’t want to lose them.”

Olsson was the subject of rejected offers from West Ham in January, and is away with the Sweden squad. He was only due to train after a knee injury, but now aims to play in Tuesday’s game against the Faroe Islands.

Bowyer wants Ruben Rochina to return to Ewood Park after a loan spell at Real Zaragoza.

The Spanish side have an option to make the deal permanent, but Bowyer spoke with Rochina yesterday.

“I had a conversation with Ruben and I have outlined my plans to him,” Bowyer said. “We will have to see what happens now but I have told him that he is a player I think has a lot of ability. He has a fantastic left foot.

“Of course there are areas of his game he can still improve, but he is still a young lad.”

Comments (39)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:03am Thu 6 Jun 13

Ewoodlegend says...

Come on GB carry on the good work and get this squad sorted, out with the deadwood and old legs and in with the young hungry players.
Come on GB carry on the good work and get this squad sorted, out with the deadwood and old legs and in with the young hungry players. Ewoodlegend
  • Score: 11

10:06am Thu 6 Jun 13

35yearSurrenderMonkeys says...

Neither was phil jones or Samba.
I'd love Jordan to stay for at least another year, but he is a great striker and they usually move up very quickly.
Neither was phil jones or Samba. I'd love Jordan to stay for at least another year, but he is a great striker and they usually move up very quickly. 35yearSurrenderMonkeys
  • Score: -6

10:14am Thu 6 Jun 13

GAZHAY says...

We will see whom was for sale come the 1st game when hopefully Rhodes is still playing for us. I fear without Rhodes promotion would be almost impossible. Fingers crossed they can hold onto him and also give Goodwillie a much needed chance. Now just need a decent central midfield player. Also interesting to see Olsson is now available to play again after his lengthy injury, I fear he will definitely be on the move.
We will see whom was for sale come the 1st game when hopefully Rhodes is still playing for us. I fear without Rhodes promotion would be almost impossible. Fingers crossed they can hold onto him and also give Goodwillie a much needed chance. Now just need a decent central midfield player. Also interesting to see Olsson is now available to play again after his lengthy injury, I fear he will definitely be on the move. GAZHAY
  • Score: 1

10:20am Thu 6 Jun 13

RoverTheHill says...

In Bowyer we trust. At least he's being honest about things.

Every player DOES have a price, an that isn't something an owner or a manager can avoid. If a player wants to go he wants to go (like Samba and Hoilett and a host of other players did).

Me, I'm well and truly in happy-clap land. We may not have an "experienced manager" (for whatever they're worth), we may not have millions to spend, we may not be in the PL, but we're still one of the best teams in the championship with some of the best facilities in the whole league.

Team GB!!!!
In Bowyer we trust. At least he's being honest about things. Every player DOES have a price, an that isn't something an owner or a manager can avoid. If a player wants to go he wants to go (like Samba and Hoilett and a host of other players did). Me, I'm well and truly in happy-clap land. We may not have an "experienced manager" (for whatever they're worth), we may not have millions to spend, we may not be in the PL, but we're still one of the best teams in the championship with some of the best facilities in the whole league. Team GB!!!! RoverTheHill
  • Score: 20

10:30am Thu 6 Jun 13

inflightmagazine says...

Hope this lad stays a real natural finisher 28 goals last season, need the rest of the lads to chip in with goals , when your centre half is the next best goal scorer with 5 it tells a real story.
Hope this lad stays a real natural finisher 28 goals last season, need the rest of the lads to chip in with goals , when your centre half is the next best goal scorer with 5 it tells a real story. inflightmagazine
  • Score: 0

10:41am Thu 6 Jun 13

hasslem hasslem says...

RoverTheHill wrote:
In Bowyer we trust. At least he's being honest about things.

Every player DOES have a price, an that isn't something an owner or a manager can avoid. If a player wants to go he wants to go (like Samba and Hoilett and a host of other players did).

Me, I'm well and truly in happy-clap land. We may not have an "experienced manager" (for whatever they're worth), we may not have millions to spend, we may not be in the PL, but we're still one of the best teams in the championship with some of the best facilities in the whole league.

Team GB!!!!
I agree - at least we are getting some communication out of the club at the moment - personally, i wouldn't trust anything that shaw says but i do believe that bowyer is an honest and decent man (lets face it football is a pretty grubby business).

i really hope rhodes stays - for without him i fear we are already condemned to a season of mediocrity. rhodes, hanley, henley, kean and lowe (and kane if we can have him again) are the future hopes for the club along with a much improved dann in this division.

on the subject of facilities - i know boro have state of the art training ground (like us) dont know about the rest of the division - but there are some cracking grounds in the championship (huddersfield, reading, brighton, leicester, derby, wigan, doni, boro and bolton ) however, most of those have rubbish facilities for pre-match drinking in the immediate vicinity.

looking forward to visiting yeovil this season (rovers pal of mine lives less than 200m from the ground) - you never know....even that part timer marghen may show up!
[quote][p][bold]RoverTheHill[/bold] wrote: In Bowyer we trust. At least he's being honest about things. Every player DOES have a price, an that isn't something an owner or a manager can avoid. If a player wants to go he wants to go (like Samba and Hoilett and a host of other players did). Me, I'm well and truly in happy-clap land. We may not have an "experienced manager" (for whatever they're worth), we may not have millions to spend, we may not be in the PL, but we're still one of the best teams in the championship with some of the best facilities in the whole league. Team GB!!!![/p][/quote]I agree - at least we are getting some communication out of the club at the moment - personally, i wouldn't trust anything that shaw says but i do believe that bowyer is an honest and decent man (lets face it football is a pretty grubby business). i really hope rhodes stays - for without him i fear we are already condemned to a season of mediocrity. rhodes, hanley, henley, kean and lowe (and kane if we can have him again) are the future hopes for the club along with a much improved dann in this division. on the subject of facilities - i know boro have state of the art training ground (like us) dont know about the rest of the division - but there are some cracking grounds in the championship (huddersfield, reading, brighton, leicester, derby, wigan, doni, boro and bolton ) however, most of those have rubbish facilities for pre-match drinking in the immediate vicinity. looking forward to visiting yeovil this season (rovers pal of mine lives less than 200m from the ground) - you never know....even that part timer marghen may show up! hasslem hasslem
  • Score: 0

10:45am Thu 6 Jun 13

1952 rover says...

35yearSurrenderMonke
ys
wrote:
Neither was phil jones or Samba.
I'd love Jordan to stay for at least another year, but he is a great striker and they usually move up very quickly.
Here we go again moan moan moan.
Give it a rest will you for God,s sake.
[quote][p][bold]35yearSurrenderMonke ys[/bold] wrote: Neither was phil jones or Samba. I'd love Jordan to stay for at least another year, but he is a great striker and they usually move up very quickly.[/p][/quote]Here we go again moan moan moan. Give it a rest will you for God,s sake. 1952 rover
  • Score: 8

10:50am Thu 6 Jun 13

Bazzer says...

1952 rover wrote:
35yearSurrenderMonke ys wrote: Neither was phil jones or Samba. I'd love Jordan to stay for at least another year, but he is a great striker and they usually move up very quickly.
Here we go again moan moan moan. Give it a rest will you for God,s sake.
That is not a moan. It is an observation.
[quote][p][bold]1952 rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]35yearSurrenderMonke ys[/bold] wrote: Neither was phil jones or Samba. I'd love Jordan to stay for at least another year, but he is a great striker and they usually move up very quickly.[/p][/quote]Here we go again moan moan moan. Give it a rest will you for God,s sake.[/p][/quote]That is not a moan. It is an observation. Bazzer
  • Score: 0

10:51am Thu 6 Jun 13

R0BB0 says...

lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners...

RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE
lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners... RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE R0BB0
  • Score: -5

11:08am Thu 6 Jun 13

Dukes says...

Time will tell how long Rhodes stays put still early days.
Time will tell how long Rhodes stays put still early days. Dukes
  • Score: 0

11:14am Thu 6 Jun 13

forever blue and white says...

R0BB0 wrote:
lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners...

RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE
Ha ha very good. Sadly what you write is probably exactly what would happen if them "financial experts" get in.
[quote][p][bold]R0BB0[/bold] wrote: lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners... RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE[/p][/quote]Ha ha very good. Sadly what you write is probably exactly what would happen if them "financial experts" get in. forever blue and white
  • Score: 1

11:32am Thu 6 Jun 13

R0BB0 says...

forever blue and white wrote:
R0BB0 wrote:
lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners...

RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE
Ha ha very good. Sadly what you write is probably exactly what would happen if them "financial experts" get in.
yep

Venkys are our ONLY hope i'm afraid, that doesnt make me a happy clapper by any means but it does mean i know what the repercussions of a Venky walk out would mean... something i wish a few more people would open their eyes to...

id rather have my head in the sand than up in the clouds, at least im closer to the ground this way

either way i'll support the team regardles... home and away, rough with the smooth, ups and downs,...

what they also failed to inform in yesterdays 'waste of print' was that most clubs opperate to a loss, wigan infact to around £80m
[quote][p][bold]forever blue and white[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]R0BB0[/bold] wrote: lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners... RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE[/p][/quote]Ha ha very good. Sadly what you write is probably exactly what would happen if them "financial experts" get in.[/p][/quote]yep Venkys are our ONLY hope i'm afraid, that doesnt make me a happy clapper by any means but it does mean i know what the repercussions of a Venky walk out would mean... something i wish a few more people would open their eyes to... id rather have my head in the sand than up in the clouds, at least im closer to the ground this way either way i'll support the team regardles... home and away, rough with the smooth, ups and downs,... what they also failed to inform in yesterdays 'waste of print' was that most clubs opperate to a loss, wigan infact to around £80m R0BB0
  • Score: -1

11:35am Thu 6 Jun 13

baz58 says...

Jordan Rhodes is not for sale!!!! ...........Unless???
?
Jordan Rhodes is not for sale!!!! ...........Unless??? ? baz58
  • Score: 1

11:38am Thu 6 Jun 13

R0BB0 says...

baz58 wrote:
Jordan Rhodes is not for sale!!!! ...........Unless???

?
unless the rovers trust take over
[quote][p][bold]baz58[/bold] wrote: Jordan Rhodes is not for sale!!!! ...........Unless??? ?[/p][/quote]unless the rovers trust take over R0BB0
  • Score: 1

11:42am Thu 6 Jun 13

Keen O to Get Kean Out says...

if rhodes and roch stay and play we will be a good side next season, the cash crisis and politics wil level out , im sure ..
if rhodes and roch stay and play we will be a good side next season, the cash crisis and politics wil level out , im sure .. Keen O to Get Kean Out
  • Score: -5

11:48am Thu 6 Jun 13

R0BB0 says...

Keen O to Get Kean Out wrote:
if rhodes and roch stay and play we will be a good side next season, the cash crisis and politics wil level out , im sure ..
im hoping for a target man too, someone for Rhodes to play off ?
[quote][p][bold]Keen O to Get Kean Out[/bold] wrote: if rhodes and roch stay and play we will be a good side next season, the cash crisis and politics wil level out , im sure ..[/p][/quote]im hoping for a target man too, someone for Rhodes to play off ? R0BB0
  • Score: 0

11:57am Thu 6 Jun 13

marcusbrfc95 says...

There are no official bids, which loosely translates to, we need money and no-one has bidded so feel free to come and get him.
There are no official bids, which loosely translates to, we need money and no-one has bidded so feel free to come and get him. marcusbrfc95
  • Score: 2

12:01pm Thu 6 Jun 13

J.C - Rishton says...

R0BB0 wrote:
lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners...

RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE
Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself.

You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into.

And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys.

Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER.

They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support.

And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!!

When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser.

You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present.
[quote][p][bold]R0BB0[/bold] wrote: lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners... RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE[/p][/quote]Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself. You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into. And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys. Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER. They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support. And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!! When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser. You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present. J.C - Rishton
  • Score: 7

12:05pm Thu 6 Jun 13

MatthewCA says...

Rhodes is our goal center. without him this club cannot continue next season.

Still our club is good with player profile with young and experience lads.

It is a competitive side for sure and Rhodes is key inside any box for GB.

Midfield need to strengthen with little creative players to hold 90mts of the game. Rochina , King, Kazim, Lowe are getting into shape at the center as young group with Ollson, Jones, Dunn, Murphy, Enthu the experience big players to backup.

This midfield and wing players have to show 100% to support Rhodes in each game. this was lag in the second half last season.
Rhodes is our goal center. without him this club cannot continue next season. Still our club is good with player profile with young and experience lads. It is a competitive side for sure and Rhodes is key inside any box for GB. Midfield need to strengthen with little creative players to hold 90mts of the game. Rochina , King, Kazim, Lowe are getting into shape at the center as young group with Ollson, Jones, Dunn, Murphy, Enthu the experience big players to backup. This midfield and wing players have to show 100% to support Rhodes in each game. this was lag in the second half last season. MatthewCA
  • Score: 0

12:17pm Thu 6 Jun 13

35yearSurrenderMonkeys says...

J.C - Rishton wrote:
R0BB0 wrote:
lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners...

RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE
Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself.

You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into.

And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys.

Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER.

They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support.

And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!!

When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser.

You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present.
Brag should stick to sniffing heavy metal smelting fumes, too many self satisfiers in that lot and they only speak for a minority and themselves.
Brist Brat Brag Briggy Braggy Broo, they all live in cloud cuckoo land
Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Cuckoo, lets wait for the PEAS to arrive, Cuckoo, Cuckoo.
Is it bed time, why do we have no windows?
[quote][p][bold]J.C - Rishton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]R0BB0[/bold] wrote: lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners... RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE[/p][/quote]Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself. You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into. And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys. Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER. They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support. And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!! When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser. You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present.[/p][/quote]Brag should stick to sniffing heavy metal smelting fumes, too many self satisfiers in that lot and they only speak for a minority and themselves. Brist Brat Brag Briggy Braggy Broo, they all live in cloud cuckoo land Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Cuckoo, lets wait for the PEAS to arrive, Cuckoo, Cuckoo. Is it bed time, why do we have no windows? 35yearSurrenderMonkeys
  • Score: -14

12:30pm Thu 6 Jun 13

simongarnerswindowcleaner says...

If GB wants to do well he has to a) keep Jordan Rhodes and b) play to his strengths. Having a potential 40 goal a season man up front at the head of a winning team is a no-brainer.
If GB wants to do well he has to a) keep Jordan Rhodes and b) play to his strengths. Having a potential 40 goal a season man up front at the head of a winning team is a no-brainer. simongarnerswindowcleaner
  • Score: 1

12:36pm Thu 6 Jun 13

Fortyfourer says...

Hope he stays for his sake and ours. Move to the Premiership with another club and, like so many before him, fall into oblivion.

Stay with us and keep scoring goals. Get into the Premiership that way.

Good luck Jordan and Garry Bowyer and Blackburn Rovers.
Hope he stays for his sake and ours. Move to the Premiership with another club and, like so many before him, fall into oblivion. Stay with us and keep scoring goals. Get into the Premiership that way. Good luck Jordan and Garry Bowyer and Blackburn Rovers. Fortyfourer
  • Score: 3

1:06pm Thu 6 Jun 13

Wild Rover says...

J.C - Rishton wrote:
R0BB0 wrote:
lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners...

RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE
Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself.

You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into.

And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys.

Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER.

They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support.

And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!!

When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser.

You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present.
More hysteria then JC.
50 % of fans lost? Just short of 20 k on against Palace(last home game but you would not know that)
So by your calculation we had 36 k fans pre Venky?
Sensible fans know what Venkys have done but see no point in fuelling the fire by not attending
Money talks and they own the club whether closet racists like you like it or not
The way forward is dialogue not blind hate
I would not talk to people who called me theif, liar and scum every waking hour
Thats not appeasment, it is common sense
Dont bother with the I am not a racist rant either, you have reffered to the owners as darkies in the past, your rumbled!
[quote][p][bold]J.C - Rishton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]R0BB0[/bold] wrote: lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners... RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE[/p][/quote]Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself. You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into. And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys. Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER. They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support. And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!! When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser. You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present.[/p][/quote]More hysteria then JC. 50 % of fans lost? Just short of 20 k on against Palace(last home game but you would not know that) So by your calculation we had 36 k fans pre Venky? Sensible fans know what Venkys have done but see no point in fuelling the fire by not attending Money talks and they own the club whether closet racists like you like it or not The way forward is dialogue not blind hate I would not talk to people who called me theif, liar and scum every waking hour Thats not appeasment, it is common sense Dont bother with the I am not a racist rant either, you have reffered to the owners as darkies in the past, your rumbled! Wild Rover
  • Score: 1

1:11pm Thu 6 Jun 13

Rovers 1495 says...

Are you going to be spitting this story out every other day until transfer deadline day ?
Are you going to be spitting this story out every other day until transfer deadline day ? Rovers 1495
  • Score: 0

1:14pm Thu 6 Jun 13

R0BB0 says...

35yearSurrenderMonke
ys
wrote:
J.C - Rishton wrote:
R0BB0 wrote:
lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners...

RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE
Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself.

You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into.

And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys.

Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER.

They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support.

And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!!

When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser.

You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present.
Brag should stick to sniffing heavy metal smelting fumes, too many self satisfiers in that lot and they only speak for a minority and themselves.
Brist Brat Brag Briggy Braggy Broo, they all live in cloud cuckoo land
Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Cuckoo, lets wait for the PEAS to arrive, Cuckoo, Cuckoo.
Is it bed time, why do we have no windows?
hello Jesus Christ,

pleasure to communicate with you,

ya see one thing is evading your theory here, you are ... like it or not a minority, how many Rovers fans do you think there are Globaly ? 50 – 60 k ?? how many members are in both groups put together ? 9k, how many of those members jumped into the groups on the back of Kean out ? I suspect if both groups were closed and re opened for new recruitment you’d get less than half of what you got then… what does that tell you ? it tells you that you are insane, it tells you that you are not wanted, it tells you that whatever you are doing is making things worse, it tells you that you are a minority !!!

I don’t like the groups you are correct, they serve no purpose except conflict and they ARE the catalyst of the divide amongst fans...

I am under no illusions that the root cause of this is purely down to Venkys, BUT what are the alternatives ?... and I agree that they have turned us into what you see before you week in and out down at ewood

they ARE the only thing between us and oblivion, which part of that do you fail to understand ? I don’t claim that they are our saviour, not at all, but they are our only hope of getting out of this mess...

maybe if people actually got behind the team and gave full vocal support which fundamentally is the exact job of a supporter, then maybe just maybe we might not have been in such the state we are. where have I ever absolved Venkys of any blame ?

I for one am sick of people like you who think they have all the answers when clearly whatever it is you’re doing at BRAG/ROVERS TRUST isn’t working but in actual fact making things worse...

you sir DISGUST me, with your stupid little wristbands,

if anyone can provide me with a suitable business plan if the trust take over then go ahead... I await with baited breath.

if every single person in Blackburn donated £1'000 each there still would not be anywhere near enough to a) buy the club b) fund the club...

take your head out the clouds JC

I keep seeing the ‘Swansea model’ appearing in all of the trusts communications as a model to follow…. How ?? Swansea were in admin, in the old 3rd division, they are also only one of 2 major cities in Wales, with a hell of a lot more commercial pull than Blackburn, is that what ‘you people’ want? Us to slide down the leagues so you can get your little grubby feet under the table for personal gratification ?

support the team or go elsewhere
[quote][p][bold]35yearSurrenderMonke ys[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]J.C - Rishton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]R0BB0[/bold] wrote: lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners... RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE[/p][/quote]Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself. You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into. And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys. Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER. They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support. And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!! When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser. You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present.[/p][/quote]Brag should stick to sniffing heavy metal smelting fumes, too many self satisfiers in that lot and they only speak for a minority and themselves. Brist Brat Brag Briggy Braggy Broo, they all live in cloud cuckoo land Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Cuckoo, lets wait for the PEAS to arrive, Cuckoo, Cuckoo. Is it bed time, why do we have no windows?[/p][/quote]hello Jesus Christ, pleasure to communicate with you, ya see one thing is evading your theory here, you are ... like it or not a minority, how many Rovers fans do you think there are Globaly ? 50 – 60 k ?? how many members are in both groups put together ? 9k, how many of those members jumped into the groups on the back of Kean out ? I suspect if both groups were closed and re opened for new recruitment you’d get less than half of what you got then… what does that tell you ? it tells you that you are insane, it tells you that you are not wanted, it tells you that whatever you are doing is making things worse, it tells you that you are a minority !!! I don’t like the groups you are correct, they serve no purpose except conflict and they ARE the catalyst of the divide amongst fans... I am under no illusions that the root cause of this is purely down to Venkys, BUT what are the alternatives ?... and I agree that they have turned us into what you see before you week in and out down at ewood they ARE the only thing between us and oblivion, which part of that do you fail to understand ? I don’t claim that they are our saviour, not at all, but they are our only hope of getting out of this mess... maybe if people actually got behind the team and gave full vocal support which fundamentally is the exact job of a supporter, then maybe just maybe we might not have been in such the state we are. where have I ever absolved Venkys of any blame ? I for one am sick of people like you who think they have all the answers when clearly whatever it is you’re doing at BRAG/ROVERS TRUST isn’t working but in actual fact making things worse... you sir DISGUST me, with your stupid little wristbands, if anyone can provide me with a suitable business plan if the trust take over then go ahead... I await with baited breath. if every single person in Blackburn donated £1'000 each there still would not be anywhere near enough to a) buy the club b) fund the club... take your head out the clouds JC I keep seeing the ‘Swansea model’ appearing in all of the trusts communications as a model to follow…. How ?? Swansea were in admin, in the old 3rd division, they are also only one of 2 major cities in Wales, with a hell of a lot more commercial pull than Blackburn, is that what ‘you people’ want? Us to slide down the leagues so you can get your little grubby feet under the table for personal gratification ? support the team or go elsewhere R0BB0
  • Score: 1

1:29pm Thu 6 Jun 13

hasslem hasslem says...

Population BwD (latest census) 147,000 x £1,000 = £147m.

Should keep us going for a while.
Population BwD (latest census) 147,000 x £1,000 = £147m. Should keep us going for a while. hasslem hasslem
  • Score: 1

1:32pm Thu 6 Jun 13

kfc yummy says...

RoverTheHill wrote:
In Bowyer we trust. At least he's being honest about things.

Every player DOES have a price, an that isn't something an owner or a manager can avoid. If a player wants to go he wants to go (like Samba and Hoilett and a host of other players did).

Me, I'm well and truly in happy-clap land. We may not have an "experienced manager" (for whatever they're worth), we may not have millions to spend, we may not be in the PL, but we're still one of the best teams in the championship with some of the best facilities in the whole league.

Team GB!!!!
Is that why you nearly got relegated.
[quote][p][bold]RoverTheHill[/bold] wrote: In Bowyer we trust. At least he's being honest about things. Every player DOES have a price, an that isn't something an owner or a manager can avoid. If a player wants to go he wants to go (like Samba and Hoilett and a host of other players did). Me, I'm well and truly in happy-clap land. We may not have an "experienced manager" (for whatever they're worth), we may not have millions to spend, we may not be in the PL, but we're still one of the best teams in the championship with some of the best facilities in the whole league. Team GB!!!![/p][/quote]Is that why you nearly got relegated. kfc yummy
  • Score: 0

1:44pm Thu 6 Jun 13

A Rover 45 years and over says...

J.C - Rishton wrote:
R0BB0 wrote: lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners... RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE
Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself. You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into. And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys. Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER. They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support. And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!! When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser. You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present.
You cannot say a fellow disgusts you or you are ashamed of him beause he has a different opinion to yours. He is allowed to post his opinion just like you. We all know Venky's have caused major problems but they have to be given the opportunity to turn it round.we have no other choice. In GB we have the opportunity to turn it round. In the event that Rovers have a good season and get promoted to the PL you would have egg all over your face for coming out with all your comments.If we don't then maybe you won't .We all need to get together and be positive and support the team this year most people will fully understand why you feel like you do and a lot of what you say may be correct but to let it drift into into shear hate when the journey is not over yet will not get us any where. I understand and respect your opinion but you must respect others who want to have a more positive approach this year. We have to hope that Venky's want to get some credibility back and will allow GB to do just that.
[quote][p][bold]J.C - Rishton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]R0BB0[/bold] wrote: lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners... RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE[/p][/quote]Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself. You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into. And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys. Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER. They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support. And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!! When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser. You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present.[/p][/quote]You cannot say a fellow disgusts you or you are ashamed of him beause he has a different opinion to yours. He is allowed to post his opinion just like you. We all know Venky's have caused major problems but they have to be given the opportunity to turn it round.we have no other choice. In GB we have the opportunity to turn it round. In the event that Rovers have a good season and get promoted to the PL you would have egg all over your face for coming out with all your comments.If we don't then maybe you won't .We all need to get together and be positive and support the team this year most people will fully understand why you feel like you do and a lot of what you say may be correct but to let it drift into into shear hate when the journey is not over yet will not get us any where. I understand and respect your opinion but you must respect others who want to have a more positive approach this year. We have to hope that Venky's want to get some credibility back and will allow GB to do just that. A Rover 45 years and over
  • Score: 3

1:46pm Thu 6 Jun 13

R0BB0 says...

hasslem hasslem wrote:
Population BwD (latest census) 147,000 x £1,000 = £147m.

Should keep us going for a while.
so if theres 147'000 people ....

how come theres only 1'000 members of the trust ??
[quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: Population BwD (latest census) 147,000 x £1,000 = £147m. Should keep us going for a while.[/p][/quote]so if theres 147'000 people .... how come theres only 1'000 members of the trust ?? R0BB0
  • Score: 1

2:23pm Thu 6 Jun 13

Harwoodstblue says...

Wild Rover wrote:
J.C - Rishton wrote:
R0BB0 wrote:
lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners...

RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE
Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself.

You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into.

And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys.

Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER.

They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support.

And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!!

When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser.

You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present.
More hysteria then JC.
50 % of fans lost? Just short of 20 k on against Palace(last home game but you would not know that)
So by your calculation we had 36 k fans pre Venky?
Sensible fans know what Venkys have done but see no point in fuelling the fire by not attending
Money talks and they own the club whether closet racists like you like it or not
The way forward is dialogue not blind hate
I would not talk to people who called me theif, liar and scum every waking hour
Thats not appeasment, it is common sense
Dont bother with the I am not a racist rant either, you have reffered to the owners as darkies in the past, your rumbled!
The only reason there were 19000 on against Palace was the deal / offer.
£10 for adults-£5 for senior citizens and £1 for kids.
There were two adults and six kids sat near me who have never been before, and only went for the offer. We probably won't see them again. We were 'surrounded' by strangers who were just thetre for the cheap tickets.
I think our average gate last season was about 13000.
[quote][p][bold]Wild Rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]J.C - Rishton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]R0BB0[/bold] wrote: lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners... RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE[/p][/quote]Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself. You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into. And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys. Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER. They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support. And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!! When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser. You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present.[/p][/quote]More hysteria then JC. 50 % of fans lost? Just short of 20 k on against Palace(last home game but you would not know that) So by your calculation we had 36 k fans pre Venky? Sensible fans know what Venkys have done but see no point in fuelling the fire by not attending Money talks and they own the club whether closet racists like you like it or not The way forward is dialogue not blind hate I would not talk to people who called me theif, liar and scum every waking hour Thats not appeasment, it is common sense Dont bother with the I am not a racist rant either, you have reffered to the owners as darkies in the past, your rumbled![/p][/quote]The only reason there were 19000 on against Palace was the deal / offer. £10 for adults-£5 for senior citizens and £1 for kids. There were two adults and six kids sat near me who have never been before, and only went for the offer. We probably won't see them again. We were 'surrounded' by strangers who were just thetre for the cheap tickets. I think our average gate last season was about 13000. Harwoodstblue
  • Score: -1

2:34pm Thu 6 Jun 13

pwl says...

Fortyfourer wrote:
Hope he stays for his sake and ours. Move to the Premiership with another club and, like so many before him, fall into oblivion.

Stay with us and keep scoring goals. Get into the Premiership that way.

Good luck Jordan and Garry Bowyer and Blackburn Rovers.
You're right, Rhodes would fall into oblivion in the Premier League cos basically he ain't good enough right now - he has no pace, can't head the ball, and is too easily muscled off the ball.
[quote][p][bold]Fortyfourer[/bold] wrote: Hope he stays for his sake and ours. Move to the Premiership with another club and, like so many before him, fall into oblivion. Stay with us and keep scoring goals. Get into the Premiership that way. Good luck Jordan and Garry Bowyer and Blackburn Rovers.[/p][/quote]You're right, Rhodes would fall into oblivion in the Premier League cos basically he ain't good enough right now - he has no pace, can't head the ball, and is too easily muscled off the ball. pwl
  • Score: 4

3:23pm Thu 6 Jun 13

Lancs - pensioner says...

R0BB0 wrote:
Keen O to Get Kean Out wrote:
if rhodes and roch stay and play we will be a good side next season, the cash crisis and politics wil level out , im sure ..
im hoping for a target man too, someone for Rhodes to play off ?
Davis from Bolton? He us in a free and may well be worth a punt
[quote][p][bold]R0BB0[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Keen O to Get Kean Out[/bold] wrote: if rhodes and roch stay and play we will be a good side next season, the cash crisis and politics wil level out , im sure ..[/p][/quote]im hoping for a target man too, someone for Rhodes to play off ?[/p][/quote]Davis from Bolton? He us in a free and may well be worth a punt Lancs - pensioner
  • Score: 2

3:32pm Thu 6 Jun 13

JimsBarmyArmy says...

Confidence breeds success and GB brings the team confidence because of his own charisma and ability to deal with youngsters over the years. Let us hope he can keep our good run of form under him going his record is playoff form.

Now lets bring in a few £2-3 million signings and get serious enough with the free transfers. I would say need another marquee signing like Jordan as well it will make him want to stay. The question is will they spend the money they saved on geting GB in? I hope so but they are not exactly predictable lets face it did anyone believe we would even get Rhodes until we started bidding?

I know I said enough free transfers but a couple worth mentioning I think would be worth a punt is Carlton Cole also Jean Makoun could use a trial see how he goes. A good signing I would like would be James McCarthy Wigan but will never happen. Also Shaun Maloney would be good too I am saying players like these to be realistic assuming that not many Premier League players would be interested and Martinez has done one to the Toffees!

I do think that Goodwillie was trying hard at the end of the season and I still would give him another chance he never got a run in the side except a few games under Bowyer. He also is a complete jack the lad, gets p!ssed up sh@gs fit women and gets sent to jail for fighting people regularly it seems so he really has not given him self a chance either! He needs to relax and focus on playing I still think the potential is there. Rhodes on the other hand though is the consumate professional.

Anyone else have any ideas on who they want us to bring in? I wonder what exciting array of talent they are trying to attract to Turd Moor this summer? As soon as anyone turns up at the gates to that dump they must feel as if their career has gone downhill and want to turn around immediately!

Rovers We Love You
Confidence breeds success and GB brings the team confidence because of his own charisma and ability to deal with youngsters over the years. Let us hope he can keep our good run of form under him going his record is playoff form. Now lets bring in a few £2-3 million signings and get serious enough with the free transfers. I would say need another marquee signing like Jordan as well it will make him want to stay. The question is will they spend the money they saved on geting GB in? I hope so but they are not exactly predictable lets face it did anyone believe we would even get Rhodes until we started bidding? I know I said enough free transfers but a couple worth mentioning I think would be worth a punt is Carlton Cole also Jean Makoun could use a trial see how he goes. A good signing I would like would be James McCarthy Wigan but will never happen. Also Shaun Maloney would be good too I am saying players like these to be realistic assuming that not many Premier League players would be interested and Martinez has done one to the Toffees! I do think that Goodwillie was trying hard at the end of the season and I still would give him another chance he never got a run in the side except a few games under Bowyer. He also is a complete jack the lad, gets p!ssed up sh@gs fit women and gets sent to jail for fighting people regularly it seems so he really has not given him self a chance either! He needs to relax and focus on playing I still think the potential is there. Rhodes on the other hand though is the consumate professional. Anyone else have any ideas on who they want us to bring in? I wonder what exciting array of talent they are trying to attract to Turd Moor this summer? As soon as anyone turns up at the gates to that dump they must feel as if their career has gone downhill and want to turn around immediately! Rovers We Love You JimsBarmyArmy
  • Score: 1

3:44pm Thu 6 Jun 13

hasslem hasslem says...

JimsBarmyArmy wrote:
Confidence breeds success and GB brings the team confidence because of his own charisma and ability to deal with youngsters over the years. Let us hope he can keep our good run of form under him going his record is playoff form.

Now lets bring in a few £2-3 million signings and get serious enough with the free transfers. I would say need another marquee signing like Jordan as well it will make him want to stay. The question is will they spend the money they saved on geting GB in? I hope so but they are not exactly predictable lets face it did anyone believe we would even get Rhodes until we started bidding?

I know I said enough free transfers but a couple worth mentioning I think would be worth a punt is Carlton Cole also Jean Makoun could use a trial see how he goes. A good signing I would like would be James McCarthy Wigan but will never happen. Also Shaun Maloney would be good too I am saying players like these to be realistic assuming that not many Premier League players would be interested and Martinez has done one to the Toffees!

I do think that Goodwillie was trying hard at the end of the season and I still would give him another chance he never got a run in the side except a few games under Bowyer. He also is a complete jack the lad, gets p!ssed up sh@gs fit women and gets sent to jail for fighting people regularly it seems so he really has not given him self a chance either! He needs to relax and focus on playing I still think the potential is there. Rhodes on the other hand though is the consumate professional.

Anyone else have any ideas on who they want us to bring in? I wonder what exciting array of talent they are trying to attract to Turd Moor this summer? As soon as anyone turns up at the gates to that dump they must feel as if their career has gone downhill and want to turn around immediately!

Rovers We Love You
carlton cole would be a good big lummox up front to work with rhodes (providing we keep him)....however, i suspect he wants to stay in london and he (or his agent) will be demanding too much money.

he is probably cutting off his nose to spite his face - but i bet i am not a million miles from the truth.
[quote][p][bold]JimsBarmyArmy[/bold] wrote: Confidence breeds success and GB brings the team confidence because of his own charisma and ability to deal with youngsters over the years. Let us hope he can keep our good run of form under him going his record is playoff form. Now lets bring in a few £2-3 million signings and get serious enough with the free transfers. I would say need another marquee signing like Jordan as well it will make him want to stay. The question is will they spend the money they saved on geting GB in? I hope so but they are not exactly predictable lets face it did anyone believe we would even get Rhodes until we started bidding? I know I said enough free transfers but a couple worth mentioning I think would be worth a punt is Carlton Cole also Jean Makoun could use a trial see how he goes. A good signing I would like would be James McCarthy Wigan but will never happen. Also Shaun Maloney would be good too I am saying players like these to be realistic assuming that not many Premier League players would be interested and Martinez has done one to the Toffees! I do think that Goodwillie was trying hard at the end of the season and I still would give him another chance he never got a run in the side except a few games under Bowyer. He also is a complete jack the lad, gets p!ssed up sh@gs fit women and gets sent to jail for fighting people regularly it seems so he really has not given him self a chance either! He needs to relax and focus on playing I still think the potential is there. Rhodes on the other hand though is the consumate professional. Anyone else have any ideas on who they want us to bring in? I wonder what exciting array of talent they are trying to attract to Turd Moor this summer? As soon as anyone turns up at the gates to that dump they must feel as if their career has gone downhill and want to turn around immediately! Rovers We Love You[/p][/quote]carlton cole would be a good big lummox up front to work with rhodes (providing we keep him)....however, i suspect he wants to stay in london and he (or his agent) will be demanding too much money. he is probably cutting off his nose to spite his face - but i bet i am not a million miles from the truth. hasslem hasslem
  • Score: 0

6:35pm Thu 6 Jun 13

Iiii1111 says...

hasslem hasslem wrote:
RoverTheHill wrote:
In Bowyer we trust. At least he's being honest about things.

Every player DOES have a price, an that isn't something an owner or a manager can avoid. If a player wants to go he wants to go (like Samba and Hoilett and a host of other players did).

Me, I'm well and truly in happy-clap land. We may not have an "experienced manager" (for whatever they're worth), we may not have millions to spend, we may not be in the PL, but we're still one of the best teams in the championship with some of the best facilities in the whole league.

Team GB!!!!
I agree - at least we are getting some communication out of the club at the moment - personally, i wouldn't trust anything that shaw says but i do believe that bowyer is an honest and decent man (lets face it football is a pretty grubby business).

i really hope rhodes stays - for without him i fear we are already condemned to a season of mediocrity. rhodes, hanley, henley, kean and lowe (and kane if we can have him again) are the future hopes for the club along with a much improved dann in this division.

on the subject of facilities - i know boro have state of the art training ground (like us) dont know about the rest of the division - but there are some cracking grounds in the championship (huddersfield, reading, brighton, leicester, derby, wigan, doni, boro and bolton ) however, most of those have rubbish facilities for pre-match drinking in the immediate vicinity.

looking forward to visiting yeovil this season (rovers pal of mine lives less than 200m from the ground) - you never know....even that part timer marghen may show up!
Come on u Glovers.....Rovers

HH who's your new mate....seems like nice boy......reminds me of a previous poster:-)
[quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RoverTheHill[/bold] wrote: In Bowyer we trust. At least he's being honest about things. Every player DOES have a price, an that isn't something an owner or a manager can avoid. If a player wants to go he wants to go (like Samba and Hoilett and a host of other players did). Me, I'm well and truly in happy-clap land. We may not have an "experienced manager" (for whatever they're worth), we may not have millions to spend, we may not be in the PL, but we're still one of the best teams in the championship with some of the best facilities in the whole league. Team GB!!!![/p][/quote]I agree - at least we are getting some communication out of the club at the moment - personally, i wouldn't trust anything that shaw says but i do believe that bowyer is an honest and decent man (lets face it football is a pretty grubby business). i really hope rhodes stays - for without him i fear we are already condemned to a season of mediocrity. rhodes, hanley, henley, kean and lowe (and kane if we can have him again) are the future hopes for the club along with a much improved dann in this division. on the subject of facilities - i know boro have state of the art training ground (like us) dont know about the rest of the division - but there are some cracking grounds in the championship (huddersfield, reading, brighton, leicester, derby, wigan, doni, boro and bolton ) however, most of those have rubbish facilities for pre-match drinking in the immediate vicinity. looking forward to visiting yeovil this season (rovers pal of mine lives less than 200m from the ground) - you never know....even that part timer marghen may show up![/p][/quote]Come on u Glovers.....Rovers HH who's your new mate....seems like nice boy......reminds me of a previous poster:-) Iiii1111
  • Score: 0

6:54pm Thu 6 Jun 13

35yearSurrenderMonkeys says...

R0BB0 wrote:
35yearSurrenderMonke ys wrote:
J.C - Rishton wrote:
R0BB0 wrote: lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners... RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE
Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself. You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into. And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys. Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER. They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support. And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!! When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser. You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present.
Brag should stick to sniffing heavy metal smelting fumes, too many self satisfiers in that lot and they only speak for a minority and themselves. Brist Brat Brag Briggy Braggy Broo, they all live in cloud cuckoo land Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Cuckoo, lets wait for the PEAS to arrive, Cuckoo, Cuckoo. Is it bed time, why do we have no windows?
hello Jesus Christ, pleasure to communicate with you, ya see one thing is evading your theory here, you are ... like it or not a minority, how many Rovers fans do you think there are Globaly ? 50 – 60 k ?? how many members are in both groups put together ? 9k, how many of those members jumped into the groups on the back of Kean out ? I suspect if both groups were closed and re opened for new recruitment you’d get less than half of what you got then… what does that tell you ? it tells you that you are insane, it tells you that you are not wanted, it tells you that whatever you are doing is making things worse, it tells you that you are a minority !!! I don’t like the groups you are correct, they serve no purpose except conflict and they ARE the catalyst of the divide amongst fans... I am under no illusions that the root cause of this is purely down to Venkys, BUT what are the alternatives ?... and I agree that they have turned us into what you see before you week in and out down at ewood they ARE the only thing between us and oblivion, which part of that do you fail to understand ? I don’t claim that they are our saviour, not at all, but they are our only hope of getting out of this mess... maybe if people actually got behind the team and gave full vocal support which fundamentally is the exact job of a supporter, then maybe just maybe we might not have been in such the state we are. where have I ever absolved Venkys of any blame ? I for one am sick of people like you who think they have all the answers when clearly whatever it is you’re doing at BRAG/ROVERS TRUST isn’t working but in actual fact making things worse... you sir DISGUST me, with your stupid little wristbands, if anyone can provide me with a suitable business plan if the trust take over then go ahead... I await with baited breath. if every single person in Blackburn donated £1'000 each there still would not be anywhere near enough to a) buy the club b) fund the club... take your head out the clouds JC I keep seeing the ‘Swansea model’ appearing in all of the trusts communications as a model to follow…. How ?? Swansea were in admin, in the old 3rd division, they are also only one of 2 major cities in Wales, with a hell of a lot more commercial pull than Blackburn, is that what ‘you people’ want? Us to slide down the leagues so you can get your little grubby feet under the table for personal gratification ? support the team or go elsewhere
Think you tagged this onto the wrong post. But thanks for likening me to the second coming. Its obvious to me you are very observant
[quote][p][bold]R0BB0[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]35yearSurrenderMonke ys[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]J.C - Rishton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]R0BB0[/bold] wrote: lets just have a look at the headline if the ROVERS TRUST were owners... RHODES SET TO LEAVE DUE TO UNPAID WAGES AS WRISTBAND SALES DECLINE[/p][/quote]Robbo I'm sorry to say but fans like you DISGUST ME - you should be ashamed of yourself. You may not like these Rovers groups that have popped up since your masters Venkys have taken over but these groups are Rovers FANS who give up their time so they can get together because they are concerned about what that SCUM family the Venkys have turned us into. And all you can do for these fellow fans is slag them off and belittle them whilst at the same time you defend Venkys. Lets get one thing straight - Venkys have RUINED our club. They are NOT our saviour, they are our MURDERER. They have treated us (Rovers fans) with complete and utter distain and contept - to the point where the club has lost over 50% of its fans and 90% of its corporate support. And you defend them because, in your warped mind that they are the only thing between us and oblivion - you ignore the fact that it is THEM and only THEM that put us in this position in the first place !!! When they walk away and pull the plug no doubt you'll blame fans like me and groups like BRAG etc whilst absolving Venkys of any blame - you are the ultimate spineless appeaser. You are a disgrace to the history and traditions of this club because you, just like Mrs D and her moronic brothers have absolutely no respect for what this club means to the people of Blackburn, past and present.[/p][/quote]Brag should stick to sniffing heavy metal smelting fumes, too many self satisfiers in that lot and they only speak for a minority and themselves. Brist Brat Brag Briggy Braggy Broo, they all live in cloud cuckoo land Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Cuckoo, lets wait for the PEAS to arrive, Cuckoo, Cuckoo. Is it bed time, why do we have no windows?[/p][/quote]hello Jesus Christ, pleasure to communicate with you, ya see one thing is evading your theory here, you are ... like it or not a minority, how many Rovers fans do you think there are Globaly ? 50 – 60 k ?? how many members are in both groups put together ? 9k, how many of those members jumped into the groups on the back of Kean out ? I suspect if both groups were closed and re opened for new recruitment you’d get less than half of what you got then… what does that tell you ? it tells you that you are insane, it tells you that you are not wanted, it tells you that whatever you are doing is making things worse, it tells you that you are a minority !!! I don’t like the groups you are correct, they serve no purpose except conflict and they ARE the catalyst of the divide amongst fans... I am under no illusions that the root cause of this is purely down to Venkys, BUT what are the alternatives ?... and I agree that they have turned us into what you see before you week in and out down at ewood they ARE the only thing between us and oblivion, which part of that do you fail to understand ? I don’t claim that they are our saviour, not at all, but they are our only hope of getting out of this mess... maybe if people actually got behind the team and gave full vocal support which fundamentally is the exact job of a supporter, then maybe just maybe we might not have been in such the state we are. where have I ever absolved Venkys of any blame ? I for one am sick of people like you who think they have all the answers when clearly whatever it is you’re doing at BRAG/ROVERS TRUST isn’t working but in actual fact making things worse... you sir DISGUST me, with your stupid little wristbands, if anyone can provide me with a suitable business plan if the trust take over then go ahead... I await with baited breath. if every single person in Blackburn donated £1'000 each there still would not be anywhere near enough to a) buy the club b) fund the club... take your head out the clouds JC I keep seeing the ‘Swansea model’ appearing in all of the trusts communications as a model to follow…. How ?? Swansea were in admin, in the old 3rd division, they are also only one of 2 major cities in Wales, with a hell of a lot more commercial pull than Blackburn, is that what ‘you people’ want? Us to slide down the leagues so you can get your little grubby feet under the table for personal gratification ? support the team or go elsewhere[/p][/quote]Think you tagged this onto the wrong post. But thanks for likening me to the second coming. Its obvious to me you are very observant 35yearSurrenderMonkeys
  • Score: 0

10:44pm Thu 6 Jun 13

R0BB0 says...

^ was replying to J.C pal
^ was replying to J.C pal R0BB0
  • Score: -1

5:22am Fri 7 Jun 13

icannotrace says...

No such thing as "not for sale". Everything's for sale at the right price. GB must know this so therefore why does he say such stupid things.
No such thing as "not for sale". Everything's for sale at the right price. GB must know this so therefore why does he say such stupid things. icannotrace
  • Score: 0

8:35am Fri 7 Jun 13

bring back the good old days says...

It is always very worrying when the declaration such as this comes out of ths club, or any club for that matter.
Many may times it s proven as a declaration tht the man is going nowhere .........unless.....
.... £££'s.
Now there is no way I am saying that GB is not telling the truth, or 'playing the game', but in his position of today I can easily see that for him it is the best thing i.e. the meaning of his comment is that it is his intention that JR should be with us next year.
However, JR himself, his agent, and or our owners will have the final say, I am sure.
It is always very worrying when the declaration such as this comes out of ths club, or any club for that matter. Many may times it s proven as a declaration tht the man is going nowhere .........unless..... .... £££'s. Now there is no way I am saying that GB is not telling the truth, or 'playing the game', but in his position of today I can easily see that for him it is the best thing i.e. the meaning of his comment is that it is his intention that JR should be with us next year. However, JR himself, his agent, and or our owners will have the final say, I am sure. bring back the good old days
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree