Lancashire TelegraphFULL TIME: Peterborough United 2 Burnley 2 (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

FULL TIME: Peterborough United 2 Burnley 2

SUBSTITUTE Martin Paterson secured a point for Burnley after Peterborough had come from behind to lead at London Road.

Charlie Austin scored only 60 seconds into his return from injury to put Burnley ahead in the Championship fixture, but Tommy Rowe struck twice after the interval to turn the match on its head.

Paterson, though, netted with four minutes left to give the Clarets a point that they deserved.

Austin was first to Ross Wallace’s right-wing cross to turn the ball past Posh keeper Bobby Olejnik and give the Clarets the lead after only a minute.

Danny Ings later had a shot saved and Austin diverted a Dean Marney shot just wide, although the hosts claimed for a penalty when Dwight Gayle went down under a Michael Duff challenge.

After the interval Lee Tomlin came close with a curling effort and Lee Grant saved from Gayle, before Burnley lost returning centre back Michael Duff to injury.

Junior Stanislas cut inside and only narrowly missed the target as the Clarets attempted to make it 2-0, with Olejnik also saving from Danny Ings.

But Peterborough levelled when Burnley could not clear a right-wing corner and a scramble ended with Rowe turning home from eight yards in the 65th minute.

And four minutes later Rowe netted again, surging past Marney and Chris McCann in central midfield before exchanging passes with Gayle and lashing a left-foot shot.

But Paterson was introduced as a substitute for Austin and made it 2-2 with four minutes remaining, turning home from close range after McCann had done well to reach the byline and square across the face of goal.

Paterson was then denied by a fine save when he headed Stanislas' free kick goalwards in injury time.

Burnley: Lee Grant; Kieran Trippier, Michael Duff (David Edgar 54), Jason Shackell, Danny Lafferty; Ross Wallace (Sam Vokes 68), Dean Marney, Chris McCann, Junior Stanislas; Charlie Austin (Martin Paterson 74), Danny Ings. Subs not used: Brian Jensen, Luke O'Neill, Brian Stock, Keith Treacy.

Peterborough: Bobby Olejnik; Michael Bostwick, Gabriel Zakuani, Nathaniel Knight-Percival (Alex Pritchard 55); Mark Little, George Boyd, Grant McCann, Joe Newell (Nathaniel Mendez-Laing 55), Tommy Rowe; Lee Tomlin (Jack Payne 84), Dwight Gayle. Subs not used: Joe Day, Shaun Brisley, Jaanai Gordon, Davide Petrucci.

Referee: Andy D’Urso.

Attendance: 6,648.

Comments (9)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:00pm Sat 2 Feb 13

MightyClaret says...

One point better than none UTC
One point better than none UTC MightyClaret
  • Score: 0

5:01pm Sat 2 Feb 13

MightyClaret says...

Ohhh and Welcome back Charlie- he used to build Walls!!
Ohhh and Welcome back Charlie- he used to build Walls!! MightyClaret
  • Score: 0

5:06pm Sat 2 Feb 13

Elysiumfire says...

I'm sorry, but a point at Peterborough is not good enough! Burnley seem to be consistently dropping opportunities that are there for the taking. They could have gone into play off position if they beat bottom of the league Peterborough, but once again they blow it, and just about grind out a draw.

Dyche needs to get his act together and really motivate the team better. Players are picking up too many cards, and often lose shape. The team should have been lifted with Austin's return and whose early goal should have fired them up even more. They just seem to go rough shod timid during games.

Pull your socks up Clarets! Otherwise you're going to drop to mid table or below...just not good enough!
I'm sorry, but a point at Peterborough is not good enough! Burnley seem to be consistently dropping opportunities that are there for the taking. They could have gone into play off position if they beat bottom of the league Peterborough, but once again they blow it, and just about grind out a draw. Dyche needs to get his act together and really motivate the team better. Players are picking up too many cards, and often lose shape. The team should have been lifted with Austin's return and whose early goal should have fired them up even more. They just seem to go rough shod timid during games. Pull your socks up Clarets! Otherwise you're going to drop to mid table or below...just not good enough! Elysiumfire
  • Score: 0

6:08pm Sat 2 Feb 13

MightyClaret says...

I don't think there's cause for panic just yet! An away point atleast and we're seventh UTC
I don't think there's cause for panic just yet! An away point atleast and we're seventh UTC MightyClaret
  • Score: 0

7:59pm Sat 2 Feb 13

WeOnceGotAboveRovers. says...

Elysiumfire wrote:
I'm sorry, but a point at Peterborough is not good enough! Burnley seem to be consistently dropping opportunities that are there for the taking. They could have gone into play off position if they beat bottom of the league Peterborough, but once again they blow it, and just about grind out a draw.

Dyche needs to get his act together and really motivate the team better. Players are picking up too many cards, and often lose shape. The team should have been lifted with Austin's return and whose early goal should have fired them up even more. They just seem to go rough shod timid during games.

Pull your socks up Clarets! Otherwise you're going to drop to mid table or below...just not good enough!
Totally agree Elysiumfire. If we can't beat the bottom team there's no hope of the playoffs. Let's not delude ourselves like MightyClaret and not see things through rose tinted glasses. Dyche DOES need to get his act together or we'll plummet down the league as you say. Just not good enough and we're flattering to deceive, full stop.
[quote][p][bold]Elysiumfire[/bold] wrote: I'm sorry, but a point at Peterborough is not good enough! Burnley seem to be consistently dropping opportunities that are there for the taking. They could have gone into play off position if they beat bottom of the league Peterborough, but once again they blow it, and just about grind out a draw. Dyche needs to get his act together and really motivate the team better. Players are picking up too many cards, and often lose shape. The team should have been lifted with Austin's return and whose early goal should have fired them up even more. They just seem to go rough shod timid during games. Pull your socks up Clarets! Otherwise you're going to drop to mid table or below...just not good enough![/p][/quote]Totally agree Elysiumfire. If we can't beat the bottom team there's no hope of the playoffs. Let's not delude ourselves like MightyClaret and not see things through rose tinted glasses. Dyche DOES need to get his act together or we'll plummet down the league as you say. Just not good enough and we're flattering to deceive, full stop. WeOnceGotAboveRovers.
  • Score: 0

9:29am Sun 3 Feb 13

Chris P Bacon says...

WeOnceGotAboveRovers
.
wrote:
Elysiumfire wrote:
I'm sorry, but a point at Peterborough is not good enough! Burnley seem to be consistently dropping opportunities that are there for the taking. They could have gone into play off position if they beat bottom of the league Peterborough, but once again they blow it, and just about grind out a draw.

Dyche needs to get his act together and really motivate the team better. Players are picking up too many cards, and often lose shape. The team should have been lifted with Austin's return and whose early goal should have fired them up even more. They just seem to go rough shod timid during games.

Pull your socks up Clarets! Otherwise you're going to drop to mid table or below...just not good enough!
Totally agree Elysiumfire. If we can't beat the bottom team there's no hope of the playoffs. Let's not delude ourselves like MightyClaret and not see things through rose tinted glasses. Dyche DOES need to get his act together or we'll plummet down the league as you say. Just not good enough and we're flattering to deceive, full stop.
Do you SERIOUSLY think anyone is as stupid as you to be stupid enough to fall for that 'call-and-response' wanketry? Create a nonsense under one name and then respond to it under yet another pathetic made-up pile of nonsense!

We're all on to you, you cringing no-mark.
[quote][p][bold]WeOnceGotAboveRovers .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Elysiumfire[/bold] wrote: I'm sorry, but a point at Peterborough is not good enough! Burnley seem to be consistently dropping opportunities that are there for the taking. They could have gone into play off position if they beat bottom of the league Peterborough, but once again they blow it, and just about grind out a draw. Dyche needs to get his act together and really motivate the team better. Players are picking up too many cards, and often lose shape. The team should have been lifted with Austin's return and whose early goal should have fired them up even more. They just seem to go rough shod timid during games. Pull your socks up Clarets! Otherwise you're going to drop to mid table or below...just not good enough![/p][/quote]Totally agree Elysiumfire. If we can't beat the bottom team there's no hope of the playoffs. Let's not delude ourselves like MightyClaret and not see things through rose tinted glasses. Dyche DOES need to get his act together or we'll plummet down the league as you say. Just not good enough and we're flattering to deceive, full stop.[/p][/quote]Do you SERIOUSLY think anyone is as stupid as you to be stupid enough to fall for that 'call-and-response' wanketry? Create a nonsense under one name and then respond to it under yet another pathetic made-up pile of nonsense! We're all on to you, you cringing no-mark. Chris P Bacon
  • Score: 0

10:01am Sun 3 Feb 13

Lord S says...

Keep going Clarets, better season than we ever expected, Gingers doing a great job, its the players that get the bookings not Ginger, Burnley are as good if not better than 85% of the sides in the Championship a credit o the club and yes I do watch the games ......live
Keep going Clarets, better season than we ever expected, Gingers doing a great job, its the players that get the bookings not Ginger, Burnley are as good if not better than 85% of the sides in the Championship a credit o the club and yes I do watch the games ......live Lord S
  • Score: 0

11:14am Sun 3 Feb 13

burnleyglentoran says...

I'd have took a point before we started.

One defeat in 2013 is good.

As for Charlie-on the pitch for a matter of seconds and scores!!

Great for Pato to get one as well.

Looking forward to Wonkey Wandereers!

NO NAY NEVER
I'd have took a point before we started. One defeat in 2013 is good. As for Charlie-on the pitch for a matter of seconds and scores!! Great for Pato to get one as well. Looking forward to Wonkey Wandereers! NO NAY NEVER burnleyglentoran
  • Score: 0

1:58pm Sun 3 Feb 13

RoversMCMLXXV says...

Chris P Bacon wrote:
WeOnceGotAboveRovers

.
wrote:
Elysiumfire wrote:
I'm sorry, but a point at Peterborough is not good enough! Burnley seem to be consistently dropping opportunities that are there for the taking. They could have gone into play off position if they beat bottom of the league Peterborough, but once again they blow it, and just about grind out a draw.

Dyche needs to get his act together and really motivate the team better. Players are picking up too many cards, and often lose shape. The team should have been lifted with Austin's return and whose early goal should have fired them up even more. They just seem to go rough shod timid during games.

Pull your socks up Clarets! Otherwise you're going to drop to mid table or below...just not good enough!
Totally agree Elysiumfire. If we can't beat the bottom team there's no hope of the playoffs. Let's not delude ourselves like MightyClaret and not see things through rose tinted glasses. Dyche DOES need to get his act together or we'll plummet down the league as you say. Just not good enough and we're flattering to deceive, full stop.
Do you SERIOUSLY think anyone is as stupid as you to be stupid enough to fall for that 'call-and-response' wanketry? Create a nonsense under one name and then respond to it under yet another pathetic made-up pile of nonsense!

We're all on to you, you cringing no-mark.
lol... gotta say bacon, i agree with you. Why would a dingle have a user name of weoncegotaboverovers
?
[quote][p][bold]Chris P Bacon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WeOnceGotAboveRovers .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Elysiumfire[/bold] wrote: I'm sorry, but a point at Peterborough is not good enough! Burnley seem to be consistently dropping opportunities that are there for the taking. They could have gone into play off position if they beat bottom of the league Peterborough, but once again they blow it, and just about grind out a draw. Dyche needs to get his act together and really motivate the team better. Players are picking up too many cards, and often lose shape. The team should have been lifted with Austin's return and whose early goal should have fired them up even more. They just seem to go rough shod timid during games. Pull your socks up Clarets! Otherwise you're going to drop to mid table or below...just not good enough![/p][/quote]Totally agree Elysiumfire. If we can't beat the bottom team there's no hope of the playoffs. Let's not delude ourselves like MightyClaret and not see things through rose tinted glasses. Dyche DOES need to get his act together or we'll plummet down the league as you say. Just not good enough and we're flattering to deceive, full stop.[/p][/quote]Do you SERIOUSLY think anyone is as stupid as you to be stupid enough to fall for that 'call-and-response' wanketry? Create a nonsense under one name and then respond to it under yet another pathetic made-up pile of nonsense! We're all on to you, you cringing no-mark.[/p][/quote]lol... gotta say bacon, i agree with you. Why would a dingle have a user name of weoncegotaboverovers ? RoversMCMLXXV
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree