Duo set for Rovers return

First published in Football Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by , Blackburn Rovers reporter

COLIN Kazim-Richards and Gael Givet are expected to return to Blackburn Rovers' squad for Saturday's trip to Peterborough as boss Henning Berg looks for his first win.

The duo have been out through injury but, along with Jason Lowe and Nuno Gomez, are now available for selection.

Berg is hopeful his players on international duty this week have all come through unscathed.

He said: "A big squad is important to us, we want competition for places and we think we will have that on Saturday."

Comments (31)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:28pm Thu 15 Nov 12

makaveli96 says...

Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet?

Kazim........
Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet? Kazim........ makaveli96
  • Score: -19

1:32pm Thu 15 Nov 12

Jansen_10 says...

makaveli96 wrote:
Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet?

Kazim........
Has Makaveli apologised to true Rovers fans yet?
[quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet? Kazim........[/p][/quote]Has Makaveli apologised to true Rovers fans yet? Jansen_10
  • Score: 17

2:13pm Thu 15 Nov 12

roverfoxy says...

makaveli96 wrote:
Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet? Kazim........
Does he need to?!? He slipped!! Happens to the best - Get real!!!
[quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet? Kazim........[/p][/quote]Does he need to?!? He slipped!! Happens to the best - Get real!!! roverfoxy
  • Score: 17

2:16pm Thu 15 Nov 12

roverfoxy says...

Makaveli - Does this make CKR better than Neymar???

http://www.youtube.c
om/watch?v=sAuexTsAf
aY

Wonder if he apologised!!!
Makaveli - Does this make CKR better than Neymar??? http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=sAuexTsAf aY Wonder if he apologised!!! roverfoxy
  • Score: 4

3:05pm Thu 15 Nov 12

blueblooded says...

Jansen_10 wrote:
makaveli96 wrote:
Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet?

Kazim........
Has Makaveli apologised to true Rovers fans yet?
touche.

And very true. used to think Maka was just a jester, then he started getting annoying and then personal.

I'm not from Lancashire originally Maka. wheres my apology for all the prejudiced comments you made?
[quote][p][bold]Jansen_10[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet? Kazim........[/p][/quote]Has Makaveli apologised to true Rovers fans yet?[/p][/quote]touche. And very true. used to think Maka was just a jester, then he started getting annoying and then personal. I'm not from Lancashire originally Maka. wheres my apology for all the prejudiced comments you made? blueblooded
  • Score: 2

3:06pm Thu 15 Nov 12

blueblooded says...

oh and woop woop for the return of the Bearded Warrior and CK!

COYB
oh and woop woop for the return of the Bearded Warrior and CK! COYB blueblooded
  • Score: -1

3:10pm Thu 15 Nov 12

MxMave says...

HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play.

If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve.

Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE.

Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.
HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play. If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve. Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE. Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in. MxMave
  • Score: 4

3:12pm Thu 15 Nov 12

MxMave says...

makaveli96 wrote:
Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet?

Kazim........
Agreed. It's not the fact that he missed it. Its the fact that he stood as much chance of robbo with that penalty, ALL the fans in the Blackburn End were gritting thier teeth when he stood up. The man CANT SHOOT hence why all his previous managers have played him down a wing.
[quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet? Kazim........[/p][/quote]Agreed. It's not the fact that he missed it. Its the fact that he stood as much chance of robbo with that penalty, ALL the fans in the Blackburn End were gritting thier teeth when he stood up. The man CANT SHOOT hence why all his previous managers have played him down a wing. MxMave
  • Score: -1

3:34pm Thu 15 Nov 12

greenscreener says...

blueblooded wrote:
Jansen_10 wrote:
makaveli96 wrote:
Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet?

Kazim........
Has Makaveli apologised to true Rovers fans yet?
touche.

And very true. used to think Maka was just a jester, then he started getting annoying and then personal.

I'm not from Lancashire originally Maka. wheres my apology for all the prejudiced comments you made?
Not from Lancashire !!!!!! you're lucky he makes any comment about you at all.

I was born and bred in Blackburn but as I was conceived during the Wakes Weeks Maka believes that deep down I must be a Blackpool fan !
[quote][p][bold]blueblooded[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jansen_10[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet? Kazim........[/p][/quote]Has Makaveli apologised to true Rovers fans yet?[/p][/quote]touche. And very true. used to think Maka was just a jester, then he started getting annoying and then personal. I'm not from Lancashire originally Maka. wheres my apology for all the prejudiced comments you made?[/p][/quote]Not from Lancashire !!!!!! you're lucky he makes any comment about you at all. I was born and bred in Blackburn but as I was conceived during the Wakes Weeks Maka believes that deep down I must be a Blackpool fan ! greenscreener
  • Score: 2

3:35pm Thu 15 Nov 12

diamonds2india says...

I thought Gael would be tired out...
I thought Gael would be tired out... diamonds2india
  • Score: 1

3:46pm Thu 15 Nov 12

greenscreener says...

MxMave wrote:
HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play.

If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve.

Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE.

Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.
Not sure he will get 2 more starts if Jordan Rhodes stays fit. He's not effective out wide and we have better players in Rochina and Gomes to support the main man so really CKR only useful as replacement target man until Best is available.
[quote][p][bold]MxMave[/bold] wrote: HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play. If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve. Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE. Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.[/p][/quote]Not sure he will get 2 more starts if Jordan Rhodes stays fit. He's not effective out wide and we have better players in Rochina and Gomes to support the main man so really CKR only useful as replacement target man until Best is available. greenscreener
  • Score: 1

4:08pm Thu 15 Nov 12

blueblooded says...

greenscreener wrote:
MxMave wrote:
HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play.

If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve.

Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE.

Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.
Not sure he will get 2 more starts if Jordan Rhodes stays fit. He's not effective out wide and we have better players in Rochina and Gomes to support the main man so really CKR only useful as replacement target man until Best is available.
agreed. CK-R is on loan anyway, so as far as I'm concerned not a big issue - and we need to backup anyway as you said.

I want to see Nuno start again and Best back from injury of course, but on paper at least, there's a promising squad there for Berg to work with.

Still think Dunn should be for the chop. The Vuk has to start more, and Nunes needs more game-time. What happened to these other portugese players? I cant even remember their names apart from that Diogo Rosado kid, not one have even appeared on the line-up!
[quote][p][bold]greenscreener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MxMave[/bold] wrote: HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play. If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve. Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE. Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.[/p][/quote]Not sure he will get 2 more starts if Jordan Rhodes stays fit. He's not effective out wide and we have better players in Rochina and Gomes to support the main man so really CKR only useful as replacement target man until Best is available.[/p][/quote]agreed. CK-R is on loan anyway, so as far as I'm concerned not a big issue - and we need to backup anyway as you said. I want to see Nuno start again and Best back from injury of course, but on paper at least, there's a promising squad there for Berg to work with. Still think Dunn should be for the chop. The Vuk has to start more, and Nunes needs more game-time. What happened to these other portugese players? I cant even remember their names apart from that Diogo Rosado kid, not one have even appeared on the line-up! blueblooded
  • Score: 3

4:10pm Thu 15 Nov 12

French Rover says...

MxMave wrote:
HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play.

If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve.

Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE.

Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.
I keep getting CKR mixed-up with Slatan Abrimovic,,,,,which one of them was it that scored four goals last night against England MxMave?
[quote][p][bold]MxMave[/bold] wrote: HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play. If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve. Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE. Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.[/p][/quote]I keep getting CKR mixed-up with Slatan Abrimovic,,,,,which one of them was it that scored four goals last night against England MxMave? French Rover
  • Score: 0

4:15pm Thu 15 Nov 12

merlinrabbit says...

makaveli96 wrote:
Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet?

Kazim........
I dont understand how Rovers fans have become so resistent to moving on. Can anybody make a mistake and be forgiven? Theres always a player that a section of the fans have it in for or insult. Yorke, Neil, Andrews, Pedersen, Orr, now CKR. Let;s get on with the games and giving full support. These are young men. My son is about the same age and if he wasnt ever forgiven for the stuff he does and says, god knows where he'd be. You lot must all be perfect and beautiful
[quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet? Kazim........[/p][/quote]I dont understand how Rovers fans have become so resistent to moving on. Can anybody make a mistake and be forgiven? Theres always a player that a section of the fans have it in for or insult. Yorke, Neil, Andrews, Pedersen, Orr, now CKR. Let;s get on with the games and giving full support. These are young men. My son is about the same age and if he wasnt ever forgiven for the stuff he does and says, god knows where he'd be. You lot must all be perfect and beautiful merlinrabbit
  • Score: 3

4:20pm Thu 15 Nov 12

Captain Dreckley says...

Just read an article that Orr is keen to stay at Ipswich, not half as keen as most Rovers fans that he stays there permanently
Just read an article that Orr is keen to stay at Ipswich, not half as keen as most Rovers fans that he stays there permanently Captain Dreckley
  • Score: 8

4:44pm Thu 15 Nov 12

greenscreener says...

blueblooded wrote:
greenscreener wrote:
MxMave wrote:
HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play.

If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve.

Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE.

Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.
Not sure he will get 2 more starts if Jordan Rhodes stays fit. He's not effective out wide and we have better players in Rochina and Gomes to support the main man so really CKR only useful as replacement target man until Best is available.
agreed. CK-R is on loan anyway, so as far as I'm concerned not a big issue - and we need to backup anyway as you said.

I want to see Nuno start again and Best back from injury of course, but on paper at least, there's a promising squad there for Berg to work with.

Still think Dunn should be for the chop. The Vuk has to start more, and Nunes needs more game-time. What happened to these other portugese players? I cant even remember their names apart from that Diogo Rosado kid, not one have even appeared on the line-up!
Big problem for Berg this, he needs to get a side settled to get them playing together if he wants to pick up points. But to understand his squad he's got quite a few players and combinations that all look fairly adequate without standing out. How much can he afford to keep experimenting and introducing yet more players from Keans bargain bucket.

How many of the current squad would you say are dead certs on his team sheet right now ?
[quote][p][bold]blueblooded[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]greenscreener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MxMave[/bold] wrote: HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play. If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve. Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE. Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.[/p][/quote]Not sure he will get 2 more starts if Jordan Rhodes stays fit. He's not effective out wide and we have better players in Rochina and Gomes to support the main man so really CKR only useful as replacement target man until Best is available.[/p][/quote]agreed. CK-R is on loan anyway, so as far as I'm concerned not a big issue - and we need to backup anyway as you said. I want to see Nuno start again and Best back from injury of course, but on paper at least, there's a promising squad there for Berg to work with. Still think Dunn should be for the chop. The Vuk has to start more, and Nunes needs more game-time. What happened to these other portugese players? I cant even remember their names apart from that Diogo Rosado kid, not one have even appeared on the line-up![/p][/quote]Big problem for Berg this, he needs to get a side settled to get them playing together if he wants to pick up points. But to understand his squad he's got quite a few players and combinations that all look fairly adequate without standing out. How much can he afford to keep experimenting and introducing yet more players from Keans bargain bucket. How many of the current squad would you say are dead certs on his team sheet right now ? greenscreener
  • Score: 0

5:18pm Thu 15 Nov 12

blueblooded says...

greenscreener wrote:
blueblooded wrote:
greenscreener wrote:
MxMave wrote:
HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play.

If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve.

Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE.

Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.
Not sure he will get 2 more starts if Jordan Rhodes stays fit. He's not effective out wide and we have better players in Rochina and Gomes to support the main man so really CKR only useful as replacement target man until Best is available.
agreed. CK-R is on loan anyway, so as far as I'm concerned not a big issue - and we need to backup anyway as you said.

I want to see Nuno start again and Best back from injury of course, but on paper at least, there's a promising squad there for Berg to work with.

Still think Dunn should be for the chop. The Vuk has to start more, and Nunes needs more game-time. What happened to these other portugese players? I cant even remember their names apart from that Diogo Rosado kid, not one have even appeared on the line-up!
Big problem for Berg this, he needs to get a side settled to get them playing together if he wants to pick up points. But to understand his squad he's got quite a few players and combinations that all look fairly adequate without standing out. How much can he afford to keep experimenting and introducing yet more players from Keans bargain bucket.

How many of the current squad would you say are dead certs on his team sheet right now ?
The brum lineup was largely unchanged and I'd say CK is probably the only change we'll see against the Posh. As desperate as we are for a win, its still early days for Berg to find the combination that works for him. Getting shut of Orr though shows that he's already on top of who he DOESN'T need.

Jake Kean is another I want to see more of too. Question is, with so many on the book, unless we see some more axed or loaned out, are we really expecting MORE new faces in the January windows as people are hoping?
[quote][p][bold]greenscreener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]blueblooded[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]greenscreener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MxMave[/bold] wrote: HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play. If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve. Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE. Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.[/p][/quote]Not sure he will get 2 more starts if Jordan Rhodes stays fit. He's not effective out wide and we have better players in Rochina and Gomes to support the main man so really CKR only useful as replacement target man until Best is available.[/p][/quote]agreed. CK-R is on loan anyway, so as far as I'm concerned not a big issue - and we need to backup anyway as you said. I want to see Nuno start again and Best back from injury of course, but on paper at least, there's a promising squad there for Berg to work with. Still think Dunn should be for the chop. The Vuk has to start more, and Nunes needs more game-time. What happened to these other portugese players? I cant even remember their names apart from that Diogo Rosado kid, not one have even appeared on the line-up![/p][/quote]Big problem for Berg this, he needs to get a side settled to get them playing together if he wants to pick up points. But to understand his squad he's got quite a few players and combinations that all look fairly adequate without standing out. How much can he afford to keep experimenting and introducing yet more players from Keans bargain bucket. How many of the current squad would you say are dead certs on his team sheet right now ?[/p][/quote]The brum lineup was largely unchanged and I'd say CK is probably the only change we'll see against the Posh. As desperate as we are for a win, its still early days for Berg to find the combination that works for him. Getting shut of Orr though shows that he's already on top of who he DOESN'T need. Jake Kean is another I want to see more of too. Question is, with so many on the book, unless we see some more axed or loaned out, are we really expecting MORE new faces in the January windows as people are hoping? blueblooded
  • Score: 1

5:58pm Thu 15 Nov 12

xrayspex77 says...

Gael Givet! Surely the righteous ones wouldn't want a convicted drink driver in the team?? Oh it's OK because it's not Steve Kean . . .
Gael Givet! Surely the righteous ones wouldn't want a convicted drink driver in the team?? Oh it's OK because it's not Steve Kean . . . xrayspex77
  • Score: 0

6:05pm Thu 15 Nov 12

wampam says...

ckr not good enough imo. likes an injury break far too much. let im go
ckr not good enough imo. likes an injury break far too much. let im go wampam
  • Score: 0

6:06pm Thu 15 Nov 12

realisticrovers says...

roverfoxy wrote:
makaveli96 wrote:
Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet? Kazim........
Does he need to?!? He slipped!! Happens to the best - Get real!!!
Beckham comes to mind
[quote][p][bold]roverfoxy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: Has Kazim apologised to the ROVERS fans for his penalty miss yet? Kazim........[/p][/quote]Does he need to?!? He slipped!! Happens to the best - Get real!!![/p][/quote]Beckham comes to mind realisticrovers
  • Score: 1

6:14pm Thu 15 Nov 12

realisticrovers says...

Not a fan of kaz but with what Henning has done In two weeks it wouldn't surprise me if he kept kaz away to sort him out???? Phantom injury to get kaz started!!!!!!! Or I may be wrong and his still waste?? But if he gets started he Jordon Leon and the old dude could do a lot of damage??????
Not a fan of kaz but with what Henning has done In two weeks it wouldn't surprise me if he kept kaz away to sort him out???? Phantom injury to get kaz started!!!!!!! Or I may be wrong and his still waste?? But if he gets started he Jordon Leon and the old dude could do a lot of damage?????? realisticrovers
  • Score: 0

8:02pm Thu 15 Nov 12

Rovers75 says...

xrayspex77 wrote:
Gael Givet! Surely the righteous ones wouldn't want a convicted drink driver in the team?? Oh it's OK because it's not Steve Kean . . .
yep..... and he's not a lying drunkard who's sh1t at managing
[quote][p][bold]xrayspex77[/bold] wrote: Gael Givet! Surely the righteous ones wouldn't want a convicted drink driver in the team?? Oh it's OK because it's not Steve Kean . . .[/p][/quote]yep..... and he's not a lying drunkard who's sh1t at managing Rovers75
  • Score: 0

9:15pm Thu 15 Nov 12

makaveli96 says...

Just announced on the radio that the Hamas leader has been killed by Israeli attacks.

RIP Sam Allardyce.
Just announced on the radio that the Hamas leader has been killed by Israeli attacks. RIP Sam Allardyce. makaveli96
  • Score: 0

9:26pm Thu 15 Nov 12

makaveli96 says...

Frankie Dettori tests positive for drugs

Surely it would have made more sense to inject the horse
Frankie Dettori tests positive for drugs Surely it would have made more sense to inject the horse makaveli96
  • Score: 0

9:53pm Thu 15 Nov 12

French Rover says...

makaveli96 wrote:
Frankie Dettori tests positive for drugs

Surely it would have made more sense to inject the horse
quite funny way to end the night...glad to have u back maka...
[quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: Frankie Dettori tests positive for drugs Surely it would have made more sense to inject the horse[/p][/quote]quite funny way to end the night...glad to have u back maka... French Rover
  • Score: 0

5:47am Fri 16 Nov 12

noddymcleod says...

Kazim failed in England, then went abroad - was it a retrun to Turkey ? - had a brief flourish as a sub in the Turk team at the Euros 2008 which excited some interest, but has failed ever since then. Typical Kean/agent deal with a bit of PR fluff about how exciting he is etc, but the guy's not even average Championship class.
Glad Berg has sorted out Orr, a Kean sycophant. Bergie was frequently RB for Rovers and as they say - it takes one to know one - so it's no surprise that the first one shown the door is Orr.
Kazim failed in England, then went abroad - was it a retrun to Turkey ? - had a brief flourish as a sub in the Turk team at the Euros 2008 which excited some interest, but has failed ever since then. Typical Kean/agent deal with a bit of PR fluff about how exciting he is etc, but the guy's not even average Championship class. Glad Berg has sorted out Orr, a Kean sycophant. Bergie was frequently RB for Rovers and as they say - it takes one to know one - so it's no surprise that the first one shown the door is Orr. noddymcleod
  • Score: 0

7:49am Fri 16 Nov 12

bburnrover says...

I think he will play as we need a big lad up front to stir them up and he can do that but if it doesnt work we have older replacements who can last 45 mins and knows where the goals are.
I think he will play as we need a big lad up front to stir them up and he can do that but if it doesnt work we have older replacements who can last 45 mins and knows where the goals are. bburnrover
  • Score: 0

8:33am Fri 16 Nov 12

ChrisDeBerg says...

MxMave wrote:
HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play.

If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve.

Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE.

Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.
I'm actually going to agree with you there.. I've said this since his first couple of 'tap ins' (and that's what they was). He just holds the ball up too long and then makes a bad pass while being swamped by their players or gets the ball taken off him... Or, takes a shot and doesn't get it on target!

The penalty snatch just made me angry but that was not the reason I have ever said he is greedy.. It's because he is greedy! As the post above says, anyone going to the games just keep your eye on him, he does just go for glory all the time... Fair enough, don't shoot then you don't score.. But when you have Rhodes wide open in a perfect shooting position and then you pass to a marked man (which I've seen him do a few times now) its just stupid, I think he has a problem with Rhodes getting all the goals maybe? It would be much wiser of him to poach Rhodes' rebounds from the keeper, then I'd say both Rhodes and Kazim would get more goals!

RTID
[quote][p][bold]MxMave[/bold] wrote: HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play. If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve. Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE. Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.[/p][/quote]I'm actually going to agree with you there.. I've said this since his first couple of 'tap ins' (and that's what they was). He just holds the ball up too long and then makes a bad pass while being swamped by their players or gets the ball taken off him... Or, takes a shot and doesn't get it on target! The penalty snatch just made me angry but that was not the reason I have ever said he is greedy.. It's because he is greedy! As the post above says, anyone going to the games just keep your eye on him, he does just go for glory all the time... Fair enough, don't shoot then you don't score.. But when you have Rhodes wide open in a perfect shooting position and then you pass to a marked man (which I've seen him do a few times now) its just stupid, I think he has a problem with Rhodes getting all the goals maybe? It would be much wiser of him to poach Rhodes' rebounds from the keeper, then I'd say both Rhodes and Kazim would get more goals! RTID ChrisDeBerg
  • Score: 2

10:29am Fri 16 Nov 12

unclejacklegend says...

xrayspex77 wrote:
Gael Givet! Surely the righteous ones wouldn't want a convicted drink driver in the team?? Oh it's OK because it's not Steve Kean . . .
Well ye, not far from the mark. What's your point?
[quote][p][bold]xrayspex77[/bold] wrote: Gael Givet! Surely the righteous ones wouldn't want a convicted drink driver in the team?? Oh it's OK because it's not Steve Kean . . .[/p][/quote]Well ye, not far from the mark. What's your point? unclejacklegend
  • Score: 0

2:12pm Fri 16 Nov 12

MxMave says...

ChrisDeBerg wrote:
MxMave wrote:
HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play.

If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve.

Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE.

Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.
I'm actually going to agree with you there.. I've said this since his first couple of 'tap ins' (and that's what they was). He just holds the ball up too long and then makes a bad pass while being swamped by their players or gets the ball taken off him... Or, takes a shot and doesn't get it on target!

The penalty snatch just made me angry but that was not the reason I have ever said he is greedy.. It's because he is greedy! As the post above says, anyone going to the games just keep your eye on him, he does just go for glory all the time... Fair enough, don't shoot then you don't score.. But when you have Rhodes wide open in a perfect shooting position and then you pass to a marked man (which I've seen him do a few times now) its just stupid, I think he has a problem with Rhodes getting all the goals maybe? It would be much wiser of him to poach Rhodes' rebounds from the keeper, then I'd say both Rhodes and Kazim would get more goals!

RTID
First home game he played in where he scored and went off injured was when i started to realise what the guy was all about. A dreadful performance, he taps in a close range efford, the crowd sing his name and he decides he has the skill of Ronaldo, 40 yards? 50 yards? not a problem. I actually made a bet with someone straight after that game that he wouldnt score more than 8 goals this season, i'm pretty confident i'm on track for my winnings.

Like you said, if we want to play fast paced counter attacking football we can't have a guy who holds the ball up, makes bad decisions and shoots from 40 yards in the team.
[quote][p][bold]ChrisDeBerg[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MxMave[/bold] wrote: HOW can CKR possibly get back into the squad?! He is so far below par it is unfunny. One of the worst players i've ever seen don a Rovers shirt. Of course there will be some Rovers fans who think hes epic because he scored 2 tap ins over 180 mins of DIRE play. If you really think CKR is a decent player, check his record on his Wiki page. How could any manager in the right mind sign a player with that kind of record!? Oh yes it was Steve. Berg should send CKR back in January. The most annoying issue i have with him is the fact that he shoots from 40 yards every time he has the ball even when theres several players in good positions. The penalty incident confirmed that CKR is only looking out for his own personal glory. Incase some of you havent noticed, his shooting is TERRIBLE. Don't agree with me? Watch the next couple of games he plays in.[/p][/quote]I'm actually going to agree with you there.. I've said this since his first couple of 'tap ins' (and that's what they was). He just holds the ball up too long and then makes a bad pass while being swamped by their players or gets the ball taken off him... Or, takes a shot and doesn't get it on target! The penalty snatch just made me angry but that was not the reason I have ever said he is greedy.. It's because he is greedy! As the post above says, anyone going to the games just keep your eye on him, he does just go for glory all the time... Fair enough, don't shoot then you don't score.. But when you have Rhodes wide open in a perfect shooting position and then you pass to a marked man (which I've seen him do a few times now) its just stupid, I think he has a problem with Rhodes getting all the goals maybe? It would be much wiser of him to poach Rhodes' rebounds from the keeper, then I'd say both Rhodes and Kazim would get more goals! RTID[/p][/quote]First home game he played in where he scored and went off injured was when i started to realise what the guy was all about. A dreadful performance, he taps in a close range efford, the crowd sing his name and he decides he has the skill of Ronaldo, 40 yards? 50 yards? not a problem. I actually made a bet with someone straight after that game that he wouldnt score more than 8 goals this season, i'm pretty confident i'm on track for my winnings. Like you said, if we want to play fast paced counter attacking football we can't have a guy who holds the ball up, makes bad decisions and shoots from 40 yards in the team. MxMave
  • Score: 0

12:41pm Sat 17 Nov 12

handyamBRFC says...

Lets hope BRFC win today. Were expecting a win...Nothing less will do.

ok
WHY are we not WINNING games...??
in my opinion its because we have too many elderly and slow players in the team.
FOOTBALL is a fast game and they need to be able to last for 90 minutes
Unfortunately BRFC have too many slow or over the hill type players.
For me that's the biggest issue within the team.
we have too many slow players not able to last 90 minutes.
Dann, Hanley, Givet are slow
Murphy, Etuhu, Pederson, Dunn are old and past it.
Gomes is old and not strong enough.
and there's more
what do you think...?
We need fast young energetic players

The centre of our defence is slow and the centre of our midfield is slow.
we certainly can't compete with those players especially as we aim to get back where we belong in the Premiership.

We are missing a midfield general, to dictate play and link up the strikers
We need a big target man to play alongside Rhodes.
We need a fast center back who can play....!!!
what do you think...????
Lets hope BRFC win today. Were expecting a win...Nothing less will do. ok WHY are we not WINNING games...?? in my opinion its because we have too many elderly and slow players in the team. FOOTBALL is a fast game and they need to be able to last for 90 minutes Unfortunately BRFC have too many slow or over the hill type players. For me that's the biggest issue within the team. we have too many slow players not able to last 90 minutes. Dann, Hanley, Givet are slow Murphy, Etuhu, Pederson, Dunn are old and past it. Gomes is old and not strong enough. and there's more what do you think...? We need fast young energetic players The centre of our defence is slow and the centre of our midfield is slow. we certainly can't compete with those players especially as we aim to get back where we belong in the Premiership. We are missing a midfield general, to dictate play and link up the strikers We need a big target man to play alongside Rhodes. We need a fast center back who can play....!!! what do you think...???? handyamBRFC
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree