BLACKBURN Rovers misfit Dickson Etuhu insists he has unfinished business at the club.

The injury-plagued midfielder has made a meager 24 appearances for Rovers since his big money move from Fulham in August 2012 with just three coming in the last 18 months.

But having recovered from the hamstring strain which ruled him out of the final five games of the campaign he is determined to come back stronger in pre-season and prove to skeptical supporters he can still cut it in the Championship.

Etuhu said: “Even when I signed, I was not fit.

“I had missed a pre-season as I wanted to leave Fulham. I have never been myself and never been fit.

“The fans have only seen 50 per cent of me as a player. I am just hoping I can have a full pre-season and then the fans will get to see my qualities.

“I have played for a few teams but this is the one club I have not left my mark and before I leave this place, I have got to do that.

“I have business here I need to deal with and I am looking forward to doing that next year.”

Whether Etuhu gets his wish remains to be seen.

As one of Rovers’ biggest earners it is almost certain the club would allow the Nigeria international to leave this summer if there are any takers.

But when Etuhu was fit this season he was given a chance by Gary Bowyer.

The Rovers boss brought the 31-year-old, after a year on the sidelines with a knee injury, off the bench in November’s 3-0 defeat at Brighton & Hove Albion.

But disaster struck when Etuhu, who gave away a penalty and initially looked off the pace against the Seagulls, sustained ankle-ligament damage in an accidental training ground clash with Leon Best.

“I had trained for three or four weeks and came on early, which I was not supposed to do,” said Etuhu, who has two years left on the four-year contract he penned after his £1.5million transfer from Fulham.

“But I had to come on early because Willo (Lee Williamson) got injured. I got stronger as the game wore on and I thought I had done some good stuff.

“Then the next week, on the Tuesday, I injured my ankle. I was really down and the gaffer gave me some time to go and clear my head.”

After returning to Brockhall Etuhu worked hard to overcome his latest setback and made cameo appearances as Rovers beat Ipswich Town and then QPR at Ewood Park at the start of April to keep their play-off hopes alive.

But a hamstring strain picked up in the latter match meant he finished the season on the sidelines as Bowyer’s side missed out on a top-six spot by two points.

“I just want to start helping the boys,” said Etuhu.

“We have got a young team. The gaffer knows what he is doing here. He has got a vision.

“It would be great to get back in the Premier League. That’s the dream.”