QPR positives point to Premier League potential for Dyche

Danny Ings celebrates

Danny Ings celebrates

First published in Sport Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by , Sports reporter

PROUD Burnley boss Sean Dyche says it is a measure of how far the Clarets have come that there was a slight tinge of regret at Saturday’s 3-3 draw at big spending QPR.

Burnley remain three points behind second-placed QPR in the automatic promotion race but came close to securing victory at Loftus Road.

The Clarets beat QPR 2-0 at Turf Moor earlier in the season and, although Dyche admitted his side could have won on Saturday, he was delighted with the performance.

“I said to the players after the game that we’ve taken four points off arguably the most fancied team of the division, certainly pre-season,” said the Burnley manager.

“That’s a good marker. It’s a good marker too that we come to these places and be kind of annoyed, although not really because the performance was so good, but thinking, ‘How didn’t we get the three points?’.

“If you look at QPR’s home form this year they’ve been beating teams left, right and centre and I don’t think anyone saw 3-3.

“For us to come down here and score three and take the game to them, I admire those qualities.

“Overall I thought we were terrific. It was an absolutely fantastic game and one that we possibly could have just nicked.”

Comments (30)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:25am Mon 3 Feb 14

Dublin Claret says...

I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them.
l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing.
However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads.
I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them. l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing. However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads. Dublin Claret
  • Score: 13

10:17am Mon 3 Feb 14

adcr says...

I saw the highlights of this game, and you lot looked like a good side. It will be interesting to see which of us will be the top dog in the next few years, as I think we now have a manager who knows how to make good signings, and, at last, we are improving at a very fast pace (despite some recent frustrating results).

I think we both will miss out on promotion this year, but next year we both will probably be challenging. Game on

There you go; this will be the first and last time that I say something nice about you lot.
I saw the highlights of this game, and you lot looked like a good side. It will be interesting to see which of us will be the top dog in the next few years, as I think we now have a manager who knows how to make good signings, and, at last, we are improving at a very fast pace (despite some recent frustrating results). I think we both will miss out on promotion this year, but next year we both will probably be challenging. Game on There you go; this will be the first and last time that I say something nice about you lot. adcr
  • Score: 7

10:38am Mon 3 Feb 14

chicken.pluckers says...

Need to build on this fantastic point with wins against Millwall and Bolton. QPR have a tough run of games coming up so there's every chance we can climb back into second place.

Shows just how far we have come to be disappointed to settle for a point instead of 3 away at QPR. Looking at the remaining away games, all the big ones are now behind us with the exception of Reading.

Only 18 games to go, unbeaten at home in almost a year, with the best strike partnership in the country. Dare to dream.
Need to build on this fantastic point with wins against Millwall and Bolton. QPR have a tough run of games coming up so there's every chance we can climb back into second place. Shows just how far we have come to be disappointed to settle for a point instead of 3 away at QPR. Looking at the remaining away games, all the big ones are now behind us with the exception of Reading. Only 18 games to go, unbeaten at home in almost a year, with the best strike partnership in the country. Dare to dream. chicken.pluckers
  • Score: -1

11:08am Mon 3 Feb 14

Harwoodstblue says...

chicken.pluckers wrote:
Need to build on this fantastic point with wins against Millwall and Bolton. QPR have a tough run of games coming up so there's every chance we can climb back into second place.

Shows just how far we have come to be disappointed to settle for a point instead of 3 away at QPR. Looking at the remaining away games, all the big ones are now behind us with the exception of Reading.

Only 18 games to go, unbeaten at home in almost a year, with the best strike partnership in the country. Dare to dream.
What's it got to do with you ?

Your comments are invalid until you START going to the games instead of being on here when 'your' team are playing at home.
[quote][p][bold]chicken.pluckers[/bold] wrote: Need to build on this fantastic point with wins against Millwall and Bolton. QPR have a tough run of games coming up so there's every chance we can climb back into second place. Shows just how far we have come to be disappointed to settle for a point instead of 3 away at QPR. Looking at the remaining away games, all the big ones are now behind us with the exception of Reading. Only 18 games to go, unbeaten at home in almost a year, with the best strike partnership in the country. Dare to dream.[/p][/quote]What's it got to do with you ? Your comments are invalid until you START going to the games instead of being on here when 'your' team are playing at home. Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 1

11:29am Mon 3 Feb 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

Harwoodstblue wrote:
chicken.pluckers wrote:
Need to build on this fantastic point with wins against Millwall and Bolton. QPR have a tough run of games coming up so there's every chance we can climb back into second place.

Shows just how far we have come to be disappointed to settle for a point instead of 3 away at QPR. Looking at the remaining away games, all the big ones are now behind us with the exception of Reading.

Only 18 games to go, unbeaten at home in almost a year, with the best strike partnership in the country. Dare to dream.
What's it got to do with you ?

Your comments are invalid until you START going to the games instead of being on here when 'your' team are playing at home.
This is a Burnley article, so what the **** has it to do with you?

Run along and talk about your teams play-off push **Laughs uncontrollably** with the rest of the protesting plastics on your own articles
[quote][p][bold]Harwoodstblue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chicken.pluckers[/bold] wrote: Need to build on this fantastic point with wins against Millwall and Bolton. QPR have a tough run of games coming up so there's every chance we can climb back into second place. Shows just how far we have come to be disappointed to settle for a point instead of 3 away at QPR. Looking at the remaining away games, all the big ones are now behind us with the exception of Reading. Only 18 games to go, unbeaten at home in almost a year, with the best strike partnership in the country. Dare to dream.[/p][/quote]What's it got to do with you ? Your comments are invalid until you START going to the games instead of being on here when 'your' team are playing at home.[/p][/quote]This is a Burnley article, so what the **** has it to do with you? Run along and talk about your teams play-off push **Laughs uncontrollably** with the rest of the protesting plastics on your own articles Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 3

11:43am Mon 3 Feb 14

chicken.pluckers says...

Harwoodstblue wrote:
chicken.pluckers wrote:
Need to build on this fantastic point with wins against Millwall and Bolton. QPR have a tough run of games coming up so there's every chance we can climb back into second place.

Shows just how far we have come to be disappointed to settle for a point instead of 3 away at QPR. Looking at the remaining away games, all the big ones are now behind us with the exception of Reading.

Only 18 games to go, unbeaten at home in almost a year, with the best strike partnership in the country. Dare to dream.
What's it got to do with you ?

Your comments are invalid until you START going to the games instead of being on here when 'your' team are playing at home.
A no-dad talking about attending games. How funny.

I see the concept of mobile communications hasn't reached Shadsworth yet. Give it time son. They call them Smart Phones.

The only home games I haven't attended this season have been the League Cup games.

Perhaps you and your ilk should start supporting your club instead of protesting, boycotting and throwing snowballs just because you're no longer in the Premier League.

Look up.
[quote][p][bold]Harwoodstblue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chicken.pluckers[/bold] wrote: Need to build on this fantastic point with wins against Millwall and Bolton. QPR have a tough run of games coming up so there's every chance we can climb back into second place. Shows just how far we have come to be disappointed to settle for a point instead of 3 away at QPR. Looking at the remaining away games, all the big ones are now behind us with the exception of Reading. Only 18 games to go, unbeaten at home in almost a year, with the best strike partnership in the country. Dare to dream.[/p][/quote]What's it got to do with you ? Your comments are invalid until you START going to the games instead of being on here when 'your' team are playing at home.[/p][/quote]A no-dad talking about attending games. How funny. I see the concept of mobile communications hasn't reached Shadsworth yet. Give it time son. They call them Smart Phones. The only home games I haven't attended this season have been the League Cup games. Perhaps you and your ilk should start supporting your club instead of protesting, boycotting and throwing snowballs just because you're no longer in the Premier League. Look up. chicken.pluckers
  • Score: 7

12:23pm Mon 3 Feb 14

fermenter says...

An excellent performance and we could have nicked it at the end. Given the amount of money QPR have spent, it shows that with a very good manager and a team working for each other money is not everything. Absolutely proud to be a Claret we have a real football club

Lastly thank you adcr, it is fantastic that you have come on here and given praise. I tire of the moronic comments that are posted on here by opposing fans but you have shown that you are a true footballing gent. Well done.
An excellent performance and we could have nicked it at the end. Given the amount of money QPR have spent, it shows that with a very good manager and a team working for each other money is not everything. Absolutely proud to be a Claret we have a real football club Lastly thank you adcr, it is fantastic that you have come on here and given praise. I tire of the moronic comments that are posted on here by opposing fans but you have shown that you are a true footballing gent. Well done. fermenter
  • Score: 7

1:52pm Mon 3 Feb 14

adcr says...

fermenter wrote:
An excellent performance and we could have nicked it at the end. Given the amount of money QPR have spent, it shows that with a very good manager and a team working for each other money is not everything. Absolutely proud to be a Claret we have a real football club

Lastly thank you adcr, it is fantastic that you have come on here and given praise. I tire of the moronic comments that are posted on here by opposing fans but you have shown that you are a true footballing gent. Well done.
Didn't want to, but no choice. I think it is going to be a tight call to decide who has the best partnership - ings and vokes or rhodes and gestede. Shame we didn't have gestede at the start of the season. Just hope both teams play attacking football in the derby game. Should be a good game.
[quote][p][bold]fermenter[/bold] wrote: An excellent performance and we could have nicked it at the end. Given the amount of money QPR have spent, it shows that with a very good manager and a team working for each other money is not everything. Absolutely proud to be a Claret we have a real football club Lastly thank you adcr, it is fantastic that you have come on here and given praise. I tire of the moronic comments that are posted on here by opposing fans but you have shown that you are a true footballing gent. Well done.[/p][/quote]Didn't want to, but no choice. I think it is going to be a tight call to decide who has the best partnership - ings and vokes or rhodes and gestede. Shame we didn't have gestede at the start of the season. Just hope both teams play attacking football in the derby game. Should be a good game. adcr
  • Score: 7

2:26pm Mon 3 Feb 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

adcr wrote:
fermenter wrote:
An excellent performance and we could have nicked it at the end. Given the amount of money QPR have spent, it shows that with a very good manager and a team working for each other money is not everything. Absolutely proud to be a Claret we have a real football club

Lastly thank you adcr, it is fantastic that you have come on here and given praise. I tire of the moronic comments that are posted on here by opposing fans but you have shown that you are a true footballing gent. Well done.
Didn't want to, but no choice. I think it is going to be a tight call to decide who has the best partnership - ings and vokes or rhodes and gestede. Shame we didn't have gestede at the start of the season. Just hope both teams play attacking football in the derby game. Should be a good game.
Sorry but I don't think it is a tight call at all, except in Blackburn fans' eyes perhaps - The Ings and Vokes partnership has scored an amazing 37 goals in 31 games together this season.

Whereas the Rhodes and Gestede patrnership quite simply hasn't been firing with four goals in seven games, and incidentally all those four goals were scored by Gestede, hardly a prolific PARTNERSHIP is it?
[quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fermenter[/bold] wrote: An excellent performance and we could have nicked it at the end. Given the amount of money QPR have spent, it shows that with a very good manager and a team working for each other money is not everything. Absolutely proud to be a Claret we have a real football club Lastly thank you adcr, it is fantastic that you have come on here and given praise. I tire of the moronic comments that are posted on here by opposing fans but you have shown that you are a true footballing gent. Well done.[/p][/quote]Didn't want to, but no choice. I think it is going to be a tight call to decide who has the best partnership - ings and vokes or rhodes and gestede. Shame we didn't have gestede at the start of the season. Just hope both teams play attacking football in the derby game. Should be a good game.[/p][/quote]Sorry but I don't think it is a tight call at all, except in Blackburn fans' eyes perhaps - The Ings and Vokes partnership has scored an amazing 37 goals in 31 games together this season. Whereas the Rhodes and Gestede patrnership quite simply hasn't been firing with four goals in seven games, and incidentally all those four goals were scored by Gestede, hardly a prolific PARTNERSHIP is it? Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 2

2:29pm Mon 3 Feb 14

chicken.pluckers says...

adcr wrote:
fermenter wrote:
An excellent performance and we could have nicked it at the end. Given the amount of money QPR have spent, it shows that with a very good manager and a team working for each other money is not everything. Absolutely proud to be a Claret we have a real football club

Lastly thank you adcr, it is fantastic that you have come on here and given praise. I tire of the moronic comments that are posted on here by opposing fans but you have shown that you are a true footballing gent. Well done.
Didn't want to, but no choice. I think it is going to be a tight call to decide who has the best partnership - ings and vokes or rhodes and gestede. Shame we didn't have gestede at the start of the season. Just hope both teams play attacking football in the derby game. Should be a good game.
Rhodes: no goals in 7 games
Gestede: 4 goals in 12 games.
Blackburn goal difference: 2

Ings and Vokes: 37 goal partnership.
Burnley goal difference: 19

Only a Blackburn fan could make that comparison. Deluded beyond belief.
[quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fermenter[/bold] wrote: An excellent performance and we could have nicked it at the end. Given the amount of money QPR have spent, it shows that with a very good manager and a team working for each other money is not everything. Absolutely proud to be a Claret we have a real football club Lastly thank you adcr, it is fantastic that you have come on here and given praise. I tire of the moronic comments that are posted on here by opposing fans but you have shown that you are a true footballing gent. Well done.[/p][/quote]Didn't want to, but no choice. I think it is going to be a tight call to decide who has the best partnership - ings and vokes or rhodes and gestede. Shame we didn't have gestede at the start of the season. Just hope both teams play attacking football in the derby game. Should be a good game.[/p][/quote]Rhodes: no goals in 7 games Gestede: 4 goals in 12 games. Blackburn goal difference: 2 Ings and Vokes: 37 goal partnership. Burnley goal difference: 19 Only a Blackburn fan could make that comparison. Deluded beyond belief. chicken.pluckers
  • Score: 4

2:58pm Mon 3 Feb 14

McClaret says...

Dublin Claret wrote:
I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them.
l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing.
However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads.
If Danny had looked up and seen the options open to him it was 4-2 without fail, and he knew it, hence his reaction at the end of the game.
We simply have to start to put teams away when the chance is there, too many draws are costing us and allowing the pack to catch.
Time for a convincing win by at least 2 clear goals, appreciate it is a tight league etc etc but last time we did win by 2 clear it was way back on Oct 26th when we beat QPR.
I take lots of positives from Saturday and thought we looked every bit promotion material bar silly defensive errors.
The fact we have won 4 out of the last 15 in the league is of concern to me and if we harbour ambitions of promotion we need to be turning draws into wins. Let's be realistic, we all now that has to happen.
Play like we did on Sat and we should pan Millwall, need to get at them from the very start and go all out for an early goal to open up the game and avoid being sucked into a battle.
Let's hope for a winning run and getting to 60 points asap starting from Saturday.
[quote][p][bold]Dublin Claret[/bold] wrote: I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them. l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing. However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads.[/p][/quote]If Danny had looked up and seen the options open to him it was 4-2 without fail, and he knew it, hence his reaction at the end of the game. We simply have to start to put teams away when the chance is there, too many draws are costing us and allowing the pack to catch. Time for a convincing win by at least 2 clear goals, appreciate it is a tight league etc etc but last time we did win by 2 clear it was way back on Oct 26th when we beat QPR. I take lots of positives from Saturday and thought we looked every bit promotion material bar silly defensive errors. The fact we have won 4 out of the last 15 in the league is of concern to me and if we harbour ambitions of promotion we need to be turning draws into wins. Let's be realistic, we all now that has to happen. Play like we did on Sat and we should pan Millwall, need to get at them from the very start and go all out for an early goal to open up the game and avoid being sucked into a battle. Let's hope for a winning run and getting to 60 points asap starting from Saturday. McClaret
  • Score: 4

3:03pm Mon 3 Feb 14

adcr says...

Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him.

Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games.

Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far.

Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes.

I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.
Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him. Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games. Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far. Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes. I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month. adcr
  • Score: 0

4:19pm Mon 3 Feb 14

tall in the saddle says...

adcr wrote:
Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him.

Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games.

Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far.

Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes.

I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.
You say Ings hasn’t scored consistently over many seasons. Because he hasn’t played for many seasons. How old do you think he is? Two comments 1) He was injured a lot last season and 2) He didn’t start playing professional at 12. I think your comment is nonsense. Anybody can see he is a natural. And he is strong. Many times he gets the ball away from the defender when he should not have the right to do. Regarding Rhodes you overpaid for him, want the same money in return and won’t get it. By the way I note he is on a barren run – what’s happened to him? Of course he was bought back in the halcyon days when money was thought to be no object. At least under Bowyer fiscal reality has kicked in and how it needed to do.
Regarding your earlier comment that neither Burnley nor Rovers will go up this year, but how can you say that? The statistics say otherwise. Burnley have not lost to a top six team and are third in the league. Their problem I admit has been draws at home when they ought to have won, Rovers and Sheff Wed games are good examples. But the luck should even out. Rovers and are having their best spell since relegation so who’s to say they can’t make it? Be positive.
[quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him. Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games. Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far. Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes. I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.[/p][/quote]You say Ings hasn’t scored consistently over many seasons. Because he hasn’t played for many seasons. How old do you think he is? Two comments 1) He was injured a lot last season and 2) He didn’t start playing professional at 12. I think your comment is nonsense. Anybody can see he is a natural. And he is strong. Many times he gets the ball away from the defender when he should not have the right to do. Regarding Rhodes you overpaid for him, want the same money in return and won’t get it. By the way I note he is on a barren run – what’s happened to him? Of course he was bought back in the halcyon days when money was thought to be no object. At least under Bowyer fiscal reality has kicked in and how it needed to do. Regarding your earlier comment that neither Burnley nor Rovers will go up this year, but how can you say that? The statistics say otherwise. Burnley have not lost to a top six team and are third in the league. Their problem I admit has been draws at home when they ought to have won, Rovers and Sheff Wed games are good examples. But the luck should even out. Rovers and are having their best spell since relegation so who’s to say they can’t make it? Be positive. tall in the saddle
  • Score: 2

4:20pm Mon 3 Feb 14

FCBurnley says...

Both QPR and Forest have played 2 more home games than away . Burnley have an easy looking run in. No games are easy in this division but out of our 7 games remaining against top 10 teams, only 2 are away (Rovers and Reading on the last day). The other 5 are at home (inc Leicester,,Derby, Ipswich, Forest) and the remaining 11 are against teams from the bottom half. Certainly a lot of winnable games. QPR have some tough games to come and personally I dont think they will go up automatically. Forest and Derby are the gig danger especially if either can win at the Turf.
Both QPR and Forest have played 2 more home games than away . Burnley have an easy looking run in. No games are easy in this division but out of our 7 games remaining against top 10 teams, only 2 are away (Rovers and Reading on the last day). The other 5 are at home (inc Leicester,,Derby, Ipswich, Forest) and the remaining 11 are against teams from the bottom half. Certainly a lot of winnable games. QPR have some tough games to come and personally I dont think they will go up automatically. Forest and Derby are the gig danger especially if either can win at the Turf. FCBurnley
  • Score: 4

4:20pm Mon 3 Feb 14

chicken.pluckers says...

adcr wrote:
Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him.

Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games.

Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far.

Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes.

I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.
That post might well come back to haunt you in the near future.

I've read some utter nonsense from no-dad's on these pages over the years, and I mean some absolute garbage, but to attempt to put forth a claim that Blackburn Rovers have a better strike force than that which is currently the most prolific in the country, is just plain ridiculous.
[quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him. Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games. Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far. Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes. I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.[/p][/quote]That post might well come back to haunt you in the near future. I've read some utter nonsense from no-dad's on these pages over the years, and I mean some absolute garbage, but to attempt to put forth a claim that Blackburn Rovers have a better strike force than that which is currently the most prolific in the country, is just plain ridiculous. chicken.pluckers
  • Score: 3

4:22pm Mon 3 Feb 14

tall in the saddle says...

adcr wrote:
Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him.

Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games.

Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far.

Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes.

I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.
And by the way you won’t thrash Burnley because you are not good enough. In fact I am talking Sean Dyche at his word that Burnley will win that one. So start your knee knocking now because its coming.
[quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him. Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games. Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far. Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes. I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.[/p][/quote]And by the way you won’t thrash Burnley because you are not good enough. In fact I am talking Sean Dyche at his word that Burnley will win that one. So start your knee knocking now because its coming. tall in the saddle
  • Score: 2

4:35pm Mon 3 Feb 14

noddy57 says...

Dublin Claret wrote:
I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them.
l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing.
However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads.
First of all l am a Rovers fan and proud of it,,lets not get carried away with Burnleys good start, you may well be scoring plenty with your 2 strikers and fair play to Dyche for pairing them up,,we never conceded a goal at Loftus rd you let in three now that tells me your defence is not up to the challenge for the premier,but if you think your team are then l would say your wrong and deluded because take it from me ,,that liability for leaking goals will cost you big time,,,Cannot wait for that derby game,,
[quote][p][bold]Dublin Claret[/bold] wrote: I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them. l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing. However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads.[/p][/quote]First of all l am a Rovers fan and proud of it,,lets not get carried away with Burnleys good start, you may well be scoring plenty with your 2 strikers and fair play to Dyche for pairing them up,,we never conceded a goal at Loftus rd you let in three now that tells me your defence is not up to the challenge for the premier,but if you think your team are then l would say your wrong and deluded because take it from me ,,that liability for leaking goals will cost you big time,,,Cannot wait for that derby game,, noddy57
  • Score: -2

4:46pm Mon 3 Feb 14

FCBurnley says...

noddy57 wrote:
Dublin Claret wrote:
I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them.
l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing.
However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads.
First of all l am a Rovers fan and proud of it,,lets not get carried away with Burnleys good start, you may well be scoring plenty with your 2 strikers and fair play to Dyche for pairing them up,,we never conceded a goal at Loftus rd you let in three now that tells me your defence is not up to the challenge for the premier,but if you think your team are then l would say your wrong and deluded because take it from me ,,that liability for leaking goals will cost you big time,,,Cannot wait for that derby game,,
You pays your money and you takes your pick. We went to QPR and took part in an exciting open game of football. Rovers went and `parked the bus`. Yes both teams came away with a point. If playing with a back line of 10 is what turns you on the good luck. I can assure you we will not be coming to Ewood to simply defend.
[quote][p][bold]noddy57[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dublin Claret[/bold] wrote: I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them. l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing. However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads.[/p][/quote]First of all l am a Rovers fan and proud of it,,lets not get carried away with Burnleys good start, you may well be scoring plenty with your 2 strikers and fair play to Dyche for pairing them up,,we never conceded a goal at Loftus rd you let in three now that tells me your defence is not up to the challenge for the premier,but if you think your team are then l would say your wrong and deluded because take it from me ,,that liability for leaking goals will cost you big time,,,Cannot wait for that derby game,,[/p][/quote]You pays your money and you takes your pick. We went to QPR and took part in an exciting open game of football. Rovers went and `parked the bus`. Yes both teams came away with a point. If playing with a back line of 10 is what turns you on the good luck. I can assure you we will not be coming to Ewood to simply defend. FCBurnley
  • Score: 3

4:48pm Mon 3 Feb 14

adcr says...

chicken.pluckers wrote:
adcr wrote:
Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him.

Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games.

Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far.

Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes.

I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.
That post might well come back to haunt you in the near future.

I've read some utter nonsense from no-dad's on these pages over the years, and I mean some absolute garbage, but to attempt to put forth a claim that Blackburn Rovers have a better strike force than that which is currently the most prolific in the country, is just plain ridiculous.
Sorry, silly me. Who wouldn't choose Ings / Vokes over say Suarez / Sturridge; Aguero / Negredo etc etc etc etc etc (way too many etc's needed here).

The derby game will be like a six pointer for you lot and may well decide whether you go up or not. The world can be a cruel place.
[quote][p][bold]chicken.pluckers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him. Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games. Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far. Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes. I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.[/p][/quote]That post might well come back to haunt you in the near future. I've read some utter nonsense from no-dad's on these pages over the years, and I mean some absolute garbage, but to attempt to put forth a claim that Blackburn Rovers have a better strike force than that which is currently the most prolific in the country, is just plain ridiculous.[/p][/quote]Sorry, silly me. Who wouldn't choose Ings / Vokes over say Suarez / Sturridge; Aguero / Negredo etc etc etc etc etc (way too many etc's needed here). The derby game will be like a six pointer for you lot and may well decide whether you go up or not. The world can be a cruel place. adcr
  • Score: 1

4:51pm Mon 3 Feb 14

chicken.pluckers says...

adcr wrote:
Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him.

Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games.

Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far.

Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes.

I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.
Just had a look at what we're up against when we visit Deadwood...

Given your confidence at "thrashing us next month", I expected your home form to be quite good however I was shocked to see that this season alone you have lost at home to Birmingham, Charlton and Nottingham Forest, while failing to beat the likes of Huddersfield, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby. You've given away a lot of points at home, and I think we are stronger and better organised than all over the above. If you saw our full game against QPR, who have been exceptional at home, then you'd realise that your statement sounds rather silly.

We will be going all out for a win, Sean Dyche does not play for draws, we have an automatic promotion spot to play for whilst you lot will likely have fallen even further behind the play-off chasing teams and so will have only your battered pride to play for. This will be the most energetic, well-organised and best footballing Burnley side you've faced in many a year.

Blackburn Rovers have it all to lose. You might just be in for a shock next month.
[quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him. Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games. Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far. Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes. I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.[/p][/quote]Just had a look at what we're up against when we visit Deadwood... Given your confidence at "thrashing us next month", I expected your home form to be quite good however I was shocked to see that this season alone you have lost at home to Birmingham, Charlton and Nottingham Forest, while failing to beat the likes of Huddersfield, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby. You've given away a lot of points at home, and I think we are stronger and better organised than all over the above. If you saw our full game against QPR, who have been exceptional at home, then you'd realise that your statement sounds rather silly. We will be going all out for a win, Sean Dyche does not play for draws, we have an automatic promotion spot to play for whilst you lot will likely have fallen even further behind the play-off chasing teams and so will have only your battered pride to play for. This will be the most energetic, well-organised and best footballing Burnley side you've faced in many a year. Blackburn Rovers have it all to lose. You might just be in for a shock next month. chicken.pluckers
  • Score: 2

4:56pm Mon 3 Feb 14

adcr says...

tall in the saddle wrote:
adcr wrote:
Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him.

Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games.

Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far.

Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes.

I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.
And by the way you won’t thrash Burnley because you are not good enough. In fact I am talking Sean Dyche at his word that Burnley will win that one. So start your knee knocking now because its coming.
I will be amazed if you come to Ewood and get something. Yes, at last you have a good team, but so have we. Dunny will have them fired up, the nerves and any injuries or tiredness to your pitifully small squad will take its toll, sorry but you will be run off the park, i'm afraid.
[quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him. Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games. Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far. Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes. I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.[/p][/quote]And by the way you won’t thrash Burnley because you are not good enough. In fact I am talking Sean Dyche at his word that Burnley will win that one. So start your knee knocking now because its coming.[/p][/quote]I will be amazed if you come to Ewood and get something. Yes, at last you have a good team, but so have we. Dunny will have them fired up, the nerves and any injuries or tiredness to your pitifully small squad will take its toll, sorry but you will be run off the park, i'm afraid. adcr
  • Score: 0

5:02pm Mon 3 Feb 14

adcr says...

chicken.pluckers wrote:
adcr wrote:
Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him.

Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games.

Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far.

Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes.

I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.
Just had a look at what we're up against when we visit Deadwood...

Given your confidence at "thrashing us next month", I expected your home form to be quite good however I was shocked to see that this season alone you have lost at home to Birmingham, Charlton and Nottingham Forest, while failing to beat the likes of Huddersfield, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby. You've given away a lot of points at home, and I think we are stronger and better organised than all over the above. If you saw our full game against QPR, who have been exceptional at home, then you'd realise that your statement sounds rather silly.

We will be going all out for a win, Sean Dyche does not play for draws, we have an automatic promotion spot to play for whilst you lot will likely have fallen even further behind the play-off chasing teams and so will have only your battered pride to play for. This will be the most energetic, well-organised and best footballing Burnley side you've faced in many a year.

Blackburn Rovers have it all to lose. You might just be in for a shock next month.
Come on. At some point eventually you will beat us, but do you think it will happen this season? We would never forgive ourselves if in any way we helped you in your quest for promotion. No, can't see it.
[quote][p][bold]chicken.pluckers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him. Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games. Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far. Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes. I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.[/p][/quote]Just had a look at what we're up against when we visit Deadwood... Given your confidence at "thrashing us next month", I expected your home form to be quite good however I was shocked to see that this season alone you have lost at home to Birmingham, Charlton and Nottingham Forest, while failing to beat the likes of Huddersfield, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby. You've given away a lot of points at home, and I think we are stronger and better organised than all over the above. If you saw our full game against QPR, who have been exceptional at home, then you'd realise that your statement sounds rather silly. We will be going all out for a win, Sean Dyche does not play for draws, we have an automatic promotion spot to play for whilst you lot will likely have fallen even further behind the play-off chasing teams and so will have only your battered pride to play for. This will be the most energetic, well-organised and best footballing Burnley side you've faced in many a year. Blackburn Rovers have it all to lose. You might just be in for a shock next month.[/p][/quote]Come on. At some point eventually you will beat us, but do you think it will happen this season? We would never forgive ourselves if in any way we helped you in your quest for promotion. No, can't see it. adcr
  • Score: 1

5:06pm Mon 3 Feb 14

chicken.pluckers says...

And then there is the fact that your goals have dried up with prolific striker Jordan Rhodes now firing blanks due to a loss of confidence after failing to get his move away.

With no goals in 7 games for Rhodes and only 4 in 12 appearances for Rudy "The Hat" Gestede, combined with the loss of any creative spark now that Rochina has left, Marshall is out injured, and worst of all your captain has bailed out, it looks like Blackburn Rovers season is all but over.

With 3 of the next 4 games away from home, and your shocking away form, a slide down the Championship table is almost inevitable.

And then, to add insult to injury, the big day finally arrives as Burnley come to town and show you up as the tin-pot joke of a football club we always knew you were. You will finally lose your 34 year erection in a one-sided derby during which your tissue paper defence is torn to shreds by the most prolific strike partnership in the country. After this promotion will be a formality.
And then there is the fact that your goals have dried up with prolific striker Jordan Rhodes now firing blanks due to a loss of confidence after failing to get his move away. With no goals in 7 games for Rhodes and only 4 in 12 appearances for Rudy "The Hat" Gestede, combined with the loss of any creative spark now that Rochina has left, Marshall is out injured, and worst of all your captain has bailed out, it looks like Blackburn Rovers season is all but over. With 3 of the next 4 games away from home, and your shocking away form, a slide down the Championship table is almost inevitable. And then, to add insult to injury, the big day finally arrives as Burnley come to town and show you up as the tin-pot joke of a football club we always knew you were. You will finally lose your 34 year erection in a one-sided derby during which your tissue paper defence is torn to shreds by the most prolific strike partnership in the country. After this promotion will be a formality. chicken.pluckers
  • Score: 0

5:20pm Mon 3 Feb 14

RobH2O says...

adcr wrote:
tall in the saddle wrote:
adcr wrote:
Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him.

Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games.

Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far.

Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes.

I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.
And by the way you won’t thrash Burnley because you are not good enough. In fact I am talking Sean Dyche at his word that Burnley will win that one. So start your knee knocking now because its coming.
I will be amazed if you come to Ewood and get something. Yes, at last you have a good team, but so have we. Dunny will have them fired up, the nerves and any injuries or tiredness to your pitifully small squad will take its toll, sorry but you will be run off the park, i'm afraid.
Building yourselves up for your cup final eh.
[quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him. Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games. Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far. Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes. I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.[/p][/quote]And by the way you won’t thrash Burnley because you are not good enough. In fact I am talking Sean Dyche at his word that Burnley will win that one. So start your knee knocking now because its coming.[/p][/quote]I will be amazed if you come to Ewood and get something. Yes, at last you have a good team, but so have we. Dunny will have them fired up, the nerves and any injuries or tiredness to your pitifully small squad will take its toll, sorry but you will be run off the park, i'm afraid.[/p][/quote]Building yourselves up for your cup final eh. RobH2O
  • Score: 1

5:43pm Mon 3 Feb 14

andy1 says...

Dyche has got some thing it would appear that no other manager seems to of got with Ings and especially Vokes. That is confidence and self belief. These lads can both go a long way together hopefully it is with Burnley of course.
Dyche has got some thing it would appear that no other manager seems to of got with Ings and especially Vokes. That is confidence and self belief. These lads can both go a long way together hopefully it is with Burnley of course. andy1
  • Score: 1

6:00pm Mon 3 Feb 14

Pompey Claret says...

noddy57 wrote:
Dublin Claret wrote:
I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them.
l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing.
However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads.
First of all l am a Rovers fan and proud of it,,lets not get carried away with Burnleys good start, you may well be scoring plenty with your 2 strikers and fair play to Dyche for pairing them up,,we never conceded a goal at Loftus rd you let in three now that tells me your defence is not up to the challenge for the premier,but if you think your team are then l would say your wrong and deluded because take it from me ,,that liability for leaking goals will cost you big time,,,Cannot wait for that derby game,,
QPR couldn't break down Rovers 10 man defence. The same reason why Burnley have drawn a few at home. Teams are coming to the Turf with the intention of sitting back defending hoping with a bit of luck to catch Burnley on the break.

Burnley scored 3 against QPR because they went there to play attacking football and played to win and didn't sit back like Rovers.

Yes Burnley conceded 3 goals at QPR for only the second time in 28 league games and from 2 set pieces which SD, his staff and players know they should have dealt with better. So to say the defence is not up to the challenge for the premiership is pointless when at present we are playing in the championship . If we go up then I'm sure areas will be strengthened for the challenge of the premiership. It is not easy for any team that goes up .

To say were leaking goals just look at the goal difference and take a look at yours. It is you noddy (how appropriate) that is deluded.

Oh by the way I forgot to mention it's more than a good start we've played 28 blooming games for crying out loud. Sort yourself out noddy you really are deluded.

UTC
[quote][p][bold]noddy57[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dublin Claret[/bold] wrote: I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them. l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing. However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads.[/p][/quote]First of all l am a Rovers fan and proud of it,,lets not get carried away with Burnleys good start, you may well be scoring plenty with your 2 strikers and fair play to Dyche for pairing them up,,we never conceded a goal at Loftus rd you let in three now that tells me your defence is not up to the challenge for the premier,but if you think your team are then l would say your wrong and deluded because take it from me ,,that liability for leaking goals will cost you big time,,,Cannot wait for that derby game,,[/p][/quote]QPR couldn't break down Rovers 10 man defence. The same reason why Burnley have drawn a few at home. Teams are coming to the Turf with the intention of sitting back defending hoping with a bit of luck to catch Burnley on the break. Burnley scored 3 against QPR because they went there to play attacking football and played to win and didn't sit back like Rovers. Yes Burnley conceded 3 goals at QPR for only the second time in 28 league games and from 2 set pieces which SD, his staff and players know they should have dealt with better. So to say the defence is not up to the challenge for the premiership is pointless when at present we are playing in the championship . If we go up then I'm sure areas will be strengthened for the challenge of the premiership. It is not easy for any team that goes up . To say were leaking goals just look at the goal difference and take a look at yours. It is you noddy (how appropriate) that is deluded. Oh by the way I forgot to mention it's more than a good start we've played 28 blooming games for crying out loud. Sort yourself out noddy you really are deluded. UTC Pompey Claret
  • Score: 4

6:56pm Mon 3 Feb 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

RobH2O wrote:
adcr wrote:
tall in the saddle wrote:
adcr wrote:
Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him.

Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games.

Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far.

Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes.

I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.
And by the way you won’t thrash Burnley because you are not good enough. In fact I am talking Sean Dyche at his word that Burnley will win that one. So start your knee knocking now because its coming.
I will be amazed if you come to Ewood and get something. Yes, at last you have a good team, but so have we. Dunny will have them fired up, the nerves and any injuries or tiredness to your pitifully small squad will take its toll, sorry but you will be run off the park, i'm afraid.
Building yourselves up for your cup final eh.
**** yourself about yours?
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him. Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games. Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far. Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes. I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.[/p][/quote]And by the way you won’t thrash Burnley because you are not good enough. In fact I am talking Sean Dyche at his word that Burnley will win that one. So start your knee knocking now because its coming.[/p][/quote]I will be amazed if you come to Ewood and get something. Yes, at last you have a good team, but so have we. Dunny will have them fired up, the nerves and any injuries or tiredness to your pitifully small squad will take its toll, sorry but you will be run off the park, i'm afraid.[/p][/quote]Building yourselves up for your cup final eh.[/p][/quote]**** yourself about yours? Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 0

7:31pm Mon 3 Feb 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

adcr wrote:
tall in the saddle wrote:
adcr wrote:
Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him.

Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games.

Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far.

Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes.

I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.
And by the way you won’t thrash Burnley because you are not good enough. In fact I am talking Sean Dyche at his word that Burnley will win that one. So start your knee knocking now because its coming.
I will be amazed if you come to Ewood and get something. Yes, at last you have a good team, but so have we. Dunny will have them fired up, the nerves and any injuries or tiredness to your pitifully small squad will take its toll, sorry but you will be run off the park, i'm afraid.
Prepare to be amazed then sonny jim.

Did you wach our game on Saturday? If you did you will see just how good we really are and your team of under performing wasters will not be able to cope.

I am interested to know just why makes you think you are a good side because you hwve done a pretty good job of hiding this fact for the last 29 games. You are one of a list of middling sides hovering in mid table.

Once your 34 year joke of a comfort blanket has been ripped from you nicotine stained fingers I envisage the Samaritans having a field day.
[quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]adcr[/bold] wrote: Rhodes, is probably the forward many premiership forwards would take from this division, if they could afford him. Ings and Mccormack are both having good seasons, but they both haven't yet scored consistently over several seasons, whereas every year Rhodes scores more than a goal every two games. Since Gestede signed for us, he has managed 4 goals in seven games. More importantly than this, is, he wins everything in the air and consistently, at least so far anyway, scores highly in the player match rating. Early days yet, but looks the real deal so far. Whereas Vokes has 18 goals in 74 games for you, and last season a lot of Burnley fans were saying that they couldn't rely on Vokes to fill Charlie's shoes. I wouldn't swap ours for yours, especially with ings and vokes having their first good season of their careers. Very arrogant of the pair of you, and I will take the trouble to remind you of this when we thrash you lot next month.[/p][/quote]And by the way you won’t thrash Burnley because you are not good enough. In fact I am talking Sean Dyche at his word that Burnley will win that one. So start your knee knocking now because its coming.[/p][/quote]I will be amazed if you come to Ewood and get something. Yes, at last you have a good team, but so have we. Dunny will have them fired up, the nerves and any injuries or tiredness to your pitifully small squad will take its toll, sorry but you will be run off the park, i'm afraid.[/p][/quote]Prepare to be amazed then sonny jim. Did you wach our game on Saturday? If you did you will see just how good we really are and your team of under performing wasters will not be able to cope. I am interested to know just why makes you think you are a good side because you hwve done a pretty good job of hiding this fact for the last 29 games. You are one of a list of middling sides hovering in mid table. Once your 34 year joke of a comfort blanket has been ripped from you nicotine stained fingers I envisage the Samaritans having a field day. Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 4

6:14pm Tue 4 Feb 14

noddy57 says...

Pompey Claret wrote:
noddy57 wrote:
Dublin Claret wrote:
I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them.
l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing.
However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads.
First of all l am a Rovers fan and proud of it,,lets not get carried away with Burnleys good start, you may well be scoring plenty with your 2 strikers and fair play to Dyche for pairing them up,,we never conceded a goal at Loftus rd you let in three now that tells me your defence is not up to the challenge for the premier,but if you think your team are then l would say your wrong and deluded because take it from me ,,that liability for leaking goals will cost you big time,,,Cannot wait for that derby game,,
QPR couldn't break down Rovers 10 man defence. The same reason why Burnley have drawn a few at home. Teams are coming to the Turf with the intention of sitting back defending hoping with a bit of luck to catch Burnley on the break.

Burnley scored 3 against QPR because they went there to play attacking football and played to win and didn't sit back like Rovers.

Yes Burnley conceded 3 goals at QPR for only the second time in 28 league games and from 2 set pieces which SD, his staff and players know they should have dealt with better. So to say the defence is not up to the challenge for the premiership is pointless when at present we are playing in the championship . If we go up then I'm sure areas will be strengthened for the challenge of the premiership. It is not easy for any team that goes up .

To say were leaking goals just look at the goal difference and take a look at yours. It is you noddy (how appropriate) that is deluded.

Oh by the way I forgot to mention it's more than a good start we've played 28 blooming games for crying out loud. Sort yourself out noddy you really are deluded.

UTC
wake up and smell the coffee,if you are quite happy to keep conceding goals at the rate you do then you are going to be staying put for the foreseable future, looking forward to stretching our 34 year run to 35 years ,,arte et labore
[quote][p][bold]Pompey Claret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]noddy57[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dublin Claret[/bold] wrote: I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them. l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing. However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads.[/p][/quote]First of all l am a Rovers fan and proud of it,,lets not get carried away with Burnleys good start, you may well be scoring plenty with your 2 strikers and fair play to Dyche for pairing them up,,we never conceded a goal at Loftus rd you let in three now that tells me your defence is not up to the challenge for the premier,but if you think your team are then l would say your wrong and deluded because take it from me ,,that liability for leaking goals will cost you big time,,,Cannot wait for that derby game,,[/p][/quote]QPR couldn't break down Rovers 10 man defence. The same reason why Burnley have drawn a few at home. Teams are coming to the Turf with the intention of sitting back defending hoping with a bit of luck to catch Burnley on the break. Burnley scored 3 against QPR because they went there to play attacking football and played to win and didn't sit back like Rovers. Yes Burnley conceded 3 goals at QPR for only the second time in 28 league games and from 2 set pieces which SD, his staff and players know they should have dealt with better. So to say the defence is not up to the challenge for the premiership is pointless when at present we are playing in the championship . If we go up then I'm sure areas will be strengthened for the challenge of the premiership. It is not easy for any team that goes up . To say were leaking goals just look at the goal difference and take a look at yours. It is you noddy (how appropriate) that is deluded. Oh by the way I forgot to mention it's more than a good start we've played 28 blooming games for crying out loud. Sort yourself out noddy you really are deluded. UTC[/p][/quote]wake up and smell the coffee,if you are quite happy to keep conceding goals at the rate you do then you are going to be staying put for the foreseable future, looking forward to stretching our 34 year run to 35 years ,,arte et labore noddy57
  • Score: -3

8:33pm Tue 4 Feb 14

RobH2O says...

noddy57 wrote:
Pompey Claret wrote:
noddy57 wrote:
Dublin Claret wrote:
I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them.
l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing.
However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads.
First of all l am a Rovers fan and proud of it,,lets not get carried away with Burnleys good start, you may well be scoring plenty with your 2 strikers and fair play to Dyche for pairing them up,,we never conceded a goal at Loftus rd you let in three now that tells me your defence is not up to the challenge for the premier,but if you think your team are then l would say your wrong and deluded because take it from me ,,that liability for leaking goals will cost you big time,,,Cannot wait for that derby game,,
QPR couldn't break down Rovers 10 man defence. The same reason why Burnley have drawn a few at home. Teams are coming to the Turf with the intention of sitting back defending hoping with a bit of luck to catch Burnley on the break.

Burnley scored 3 against QPR because they went there to play attacking football and played to win and didn't sit back like Rovers.

Yes Burnley conceded 3 goals at QPR for only the second time in 28 league games and from 2 set pieces which SD, his staff and players know they should have dealt with better. So to say the defence is not up to the challenge for the premiership is pointless when at present we are playing in the championship . If we go up then I'm sure areas will be strengthened for the challenge of the premiership. It is not easy for any team that goes up .

To say were leaking goals just look at the goal difference and take a look at yours. It is you noddy (how appropriate) that is deluded.

Oh by the way I forgot to mention it's more than a good start we've played 28 blooming games for crying out loud. Sort yourself out noddy you really are deluded.

UTC
wake up and smell the coffee,if you are quite happy to keep conceding goals at the rate you do then you are going to be staying put for the foreseable future, looking forward to stretching our 34 year run to 35 years ,,arte et labore
34 years is testicles. If we had been in the same league during that time it would have been 70 potential games. It means squat. its 11 games. And after all that money you spent you are only 4 wins ahead. You lot are utterly bloody useless.

Before Jack Walker you had to rely on good husbandry to run your club. You didn't win the title for 81 years when you had to survive on what we have (and had). We won it twice in that period.

And how's the husbandry gone on since the Walker clan departed? You've reverted to type. You have done sod all. Except spiral into a debt 8 times the level of our debt.

You are a joke looking for the punch line that never arrives.
[quote][p][bold]noddy57[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pompey Claret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]noddy57[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dublin Claret[/bold] wrote: I had a feeling that QPRs tight pitch might suit our pressing game and so it proved. They had a look of "Does this team ever give up!?" about them. l think if Danny had curled in that left footer, the 3 points were ours. They weren't coming back, that's the only disappointing thing. However, what a fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half, well done again to Sean and the lads.[/p][/quote]First of all l am a Rovers fan and proud of it,,lets not get carried away with Burnleys good start, you may well be scoring plenty with your 2 strikers and fair play to Dyche for pairing them up,,we never conceded a goal at Loftus rd you let in three now that tells me your defence is not up to the challenge for the premier,but if you think your team are then l would say your wrong and deluded because take it from me ,,that liability for leaking goals will cost you big time,,,Cannot wait for that derby game,,[/p][/quote]QPR couldn't break down Rovers 10 man defence. The same reason why Burnley have drawn a few at home. Teams are coming to the Turf with the intention of sitting back defending hoping with a bit of luck to catch Burnley on the break. Burnley scored 3 against QPR because they went there to play attacking football and played to win and didn't sit back like Rovers. Yes Burnley conceded 3 goals at QPR for only the second time in 28 league games and from 2 set pieces which SD, his staff and players know they should have dealt with better. So to say the defence is not up to the challenge for the premiership is pointless when at present we are playing in the championship . If we go up then I'm sure areas will be strengthened for the challenge of the premiership. It is not easy for any team that goes up . To say were leaking goals just look at the goal difference and take a look at yours. It is you noddy (how appropriate) that is deluded. Oh by the way I forgot to mention it's more than a good start we've played 28 blooming games for crying out loud. Sort yourself out noddy you really are deluded. UTC[/p][/quote]wake up and smell the coffee,if you are quite happy to keep conceding goals at the rate you do then you are going to be staying put for the foreseable future, looking forward to stretching our 34 year run to 35 years ,,arte et labore[/p][/quote]34 years is testicles. If we had been in the same league during that time it would have been 70 potential games. It means squat. its 11 games. And after all that money you spent you are only 4 wins ahead. You lot are utterly bloody useless. Before Jack Walker you had to rely on good husbandry to run your club. You didn't win the title for 81 years when you had to survive on what we have (and had). We won it twice in that period. And how's the husbandry gone on since the Walker clan departed? You've reverted to type. You have done sod all. Except spiral into a debt 8 times the level of our debt. You are a joke looking for the punch line that never arrives. RobH2O
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree