When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
The highs and lows of Eddie Howe's Turf Moor reign
1:14pm Friday 12th October 2012 in Sport
With manager Eddie Howe on the brink of leaving Burnley, we look at the highlights of his time at Turf Moor . . .
- December 31 2010: Howe was installed as the bookmakers’ favourite to succeed Brian Laws at Turf Moor.
- January 11 2011: The Bournemouth boss appeared to rule himself out of the running when he stated he was staying at the Cherries.
- January 13: Burnley make an official approach to Bournemouth for Howe.
- January 14: Terms are agreed with Howe as he confirms he is Burnley bound.
- January 16: Howe is confirmed as Burnley boss.
- January 17: The new Clarets manager is unveiled to the media and he says it is a ‘privilege’ to be the new Turf Moor boss.
- January 22: Howe’s first game in charge ends in a 0-0 draw at Scunthorpe, with Burnley 11th in the Championship, and that was followed up with his victory at Portsmouth three days later.
- January 28: Charlie Austin arrives at Turf Moor from Swindon Town for £1.2million.
- February 5: A 2-1 win over Norwich sees Howe win his first home game and a run of four wins in the next five games – including a victory over Preston – moves them to seventh and on the brink of the play-offs.
- March 12: A 3-0 home defeat to Millwall spells the start of a bad run for the club. Five defeats in six games saw their play-off hopes fade.
- April 16: A 2-1 home win over Swansea is followed by wins over Middlesbrough and Derby as they move back to the verge of the play-offs.
- April 30: Burnley’s play-off hopes were definitely over after a 1-0 defeat at Leeds.
- August 12: Howe spoke of his ‘disappointment’ after an offer for Danny Fox was accepted from Southampton. Howe had already lost Tyrone Mears and Chris Eagles and lost out on Jack Cork that summer.
- August 18: Howe’s son Harry is born.
- November 26: After a run of four straight defeats moved Burnley towards the relegation zone, the Clarets turned a 2-0 deficit into a 3-2 win at Hull to spark a mini revival.
- December 3: Howe masterminds a memorable 2-1 win at West Ham.
- March 31 2012: Burnley hammer Portsmouth 5-1 at Fratton Park.
- April 9: A 2-1 win at Doncaster is the club’s 10th away win of the season.
- April 14: The win at Doncaster was followed up by a disappointing 1-1 home draw with Coventry, summing up their Turf Moor record.
- May 14: Howe received a royal seal of approval from the Queen and Prince Phillip as they paid a visit to Turf Moor.
- June 10: Jay Rodriguez signs for Southampton for in the region of £7million. Burnley sign Jason Shackell later in the summer from Derby for £1.1m.
- August 18: Burnley start their season in style with a 2-0 home win over Owen Coyle’s Bolton.
- August 25: A 3-2 defeat at Middlesbrough was the start of three straight league defeats as Burnley slipped down the table.
- September 25: Howe’s men were dumped out of the League Cup at League One Swindon Town.