Heaton: Burnley have the hunger to survive

Tom Heaton

Tom Heaton

First published in Sport

GOALKEEPER Tom Heaton believes Burnley have got their summer recruitment strategy spot on – and reckons the Turf Moor team spirit could prove more valuable than any big signings.

Sean Dyche is still keen to strengthen his squad ahead of Premier League opener with Chelsea on Monday week and continues to be linked with a move for Nottingham Forest midfielder Henri Lansbury.

But Heaton insists even if there are no more arrivals this summer, the Clarets have enough quality in their ranks to survive their first season back in the top flight.

“If you are bringing players in you want them to be quality and I think we have done that,” said the Burnley stopper, who faces competition from new arrival Matt Gilks to be the club’s No.1 when the season starts.

“But if you have a successful team and a successful ethic with the players in there, if that remains the same and you keep that core together, then you add bits to it.

“I think it is a better way to go than to a full new XI.

“I think you can often get sucked into buying players – are they any better? Have they still got the hunger?

“I think that’s certainly something we have got a lot of in this squad – hunger and with that brings the desire and effort to go the extra mile and, as we all know, that was certainly something from last season and something we be looking to do again.”

Related links

Heaton made his first appearance of pre-season in Tuesday’s 2-2 friendly draw with Celta Vigo having recovered from a calf injury which disrupted his summer.

And he admits it was a boost to play 90 minutes with the new season looming large.

Heaton added: “It was a huge relief as you don’t want to go too long.

“I have been back in training for a week. I had two weeks training before I had the injury.

“To be honest, I was only out for two weeks but it felt like a lifetime and it was so frustrating.

“It was difficult because it was at a time when we had quite a few games but it adds more to the motivation when you come back and I couldn’t be happier than getting 90 minutes under my belt.”

The former Cardiff and Manchester United goalkeeper signed a contract extension earlier this summer and said he was glad to have got his long-term future sorted before the season begins.

“There were discussions the back end of last season with the manager and the club and obviously from my point of view I was absolutely delighted, I couldn’t be happier,” said Heaton.

“I thoroughly enjoyed it last year, really enjoyed playing for the manager and staff and working with the goalkeeping coach Billy Mercer so I was over the moon to sign and couldn’t be happier and looking forward to keeping developing and performing again this season.

“From top to bottom it was excellent last season and the ingredients are there again to go again and we need to make sure we get it right and go about it in the right manner.

“But we certainly look like we have put the foundations of that in place in pre-season and hopefully we can rattle a few cages this season.”

Comments (43)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:31pm Thu 7 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

Every team that goes up says exactly the same thing, 95% come back down within two seasons. If we stay up for one season with this bunch it will be a massive achievement, but it wont last.
Every team that goes up says exactly the same thing, 95% come back down within two seasons. If we stay up for one season with this bunch it will be a massive achievement, but it wont last. AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -20

3:08pm Thu 7 Aug 14

George Oghani's Ironing Board says...

Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID
Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID George Oghani's Ironing Board
  • Score: -15

3:26pm Thu 7 Aug 14

Chuck Norris' Roundhouse says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
Every team that goes up says exactly the same thing, 95% come back down within two seasons. If we stay up for one season with this bunch it will be a massive achievement, but it wont last.
Do you have some official stats to back up your 95% claim please, because I have found the following:

Between 2002 and 2012 out of the 30 teams promoted to the Premier League 13 were relegated in the first season (43%).

Out of the remaining 17 teams only 4 got relegated in their second season (23%).

So what a surpris, it turns out AP4B is talking out of his ar5e again and making things up as he goes along.

Owned.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Every team that goes up says exactly the same thing, 95% come back down within two seasons. If we stay up for one season with this bunch it will be a massive achievement, but it wont last.[/p][/quote]Do you have some official stats to back up your 95% claim please, because I have found the following: Between 2002 and 2012 out of the 30 teams promoted to the Premier League 13 were relegated in the first season (43%). Out of the remaining 17 teams only 4 got relegated in their second season (23%). So what a surpris, it turns out AP4B is talking out of his ar5e again and making things up as he goes along. Owned. Chuck Norris' Roundhouse
  • Score: 18

3:35pm Thu 7 Aug 14

Chuck Norris' Roundhouse says...

George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID
Sky Sports 1 Friday, can't wait, Blackburn embarrassed by Cardiff, Bowyer sacked by November. UTC, LLTV JWID
[quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID[/p][/quote]Sky Sports 1 Friday, can't wait, Blackburn embarrassed by Cardiff, Bowyer sacked by November. UTC, LLTV JWID Chuck Norris' Roundhouse
  • Score: 19

3:51pm Thu 7 Aug 14

TurfMoor Tom says...

Fair play to Heaton, he's proved his doubters wrong and was deservedly the best goalkeeper in the Championship last season. What we'd give to have a keeper of his ability marshalling our headless chicken quartet at the back. We conceded goals for fun against even poor sides last season so goodness knows what the likes of Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich are going to do to us. I think Robbo could end up with RSI from having to pluck the ball out of the back of the net so many time. But rather him than Calamity Kean *shudders*

I'm sensing one or two maulings on the cards over the coming season for the blues, and the sad thing is that all of this could have been prevented if we'd only beaten you lot.

I suppose all we can do now is suck it up and take our medicine while you lot entertain the cream of world football.

F@#k me, I hate to admit it but I'm so jealous it hurts.
Fair play to Heaton, he's proved his doubters wrong and was deservedly the best goalkeeper in the Championship last season. What we'd give to have a keeper of his ability marshalling our headless chicken quartet at the back. We conceded goals for fun against even poor sides last season so goodness knows what the likes of Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich are going to do to us. I think Robbo could end up with RSI from having to pluck the ball out of the back of the net so many time. But rather him than Calamity Kean *shudders* I'm sensing one or two maulings on the cards over the coming season for the blues, and the sad thing is that all of this could have been prevented if we'd only beaten you lot. I suppose all we can do now is suck it up and take our medicine while you lot entertain the cream of world football. F@#k me, I hate to admit it but I'm so jealous it hurts. TurfMoor Tom
  • Score: 15

3:57pm Thu 7 Aug 14

Its Only a game boy says...

beating us would not have guaranteed you anything other than a play off place. And its no good dwelling on the 'if only' scenario.

Truth is you lost because you were simply not good enough.......end of.
beating us would not have guaranteed you anything other than a play off place. And its no good dwelling on the 'if only' scenario. Truth is you lost because you were simply not good enough.......end of. Its Only a game boy
  • Score: 5

4:51pm Thu 7 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

Chuck Norris' Roundhouse wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn

ley
wrote:
Every team that goes up says exactly the same thing, 95% come back down within two seasons. If we stay up for one season with this bunch it will be a massive achievement, but it wont last.
Do you have some official stats to back up your 95% claim please, because I have found the following:

Between 2002 and 2012 out of the 30 teams promoted to the Premier League 13 were relegated in the first season (43%).

Out of the remaining 17 teams only 4 got relegated in their second season (23%).

So what a surpris, it turns out AP4B is talking out of his ar5e again and making things up as he goes along.

Owned.
So 17 teams out of 30 have been relegated in the last 10 years, thanks for looking that up for me and spending precious hours working it all out.
Proper owned
What we have to realise also is that teams with far better and bigger squads than ours at Burnley went plummeting at an alarming rate of knots, It would be interesting to know how much money, those relegated teams spent, on their squads to no avail.
Its a pity I have proper owned you and told you so as now you will refuse to do my stat analysis for me, like you did last time. Now you realise that I was brainwashing you to waste your time so I didn't have to.
Now thats PROPER OWNED cuckie wookie my kitchen biatch
****
[quote][p][bold]Chuck Norris' Roundhouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Every team that goes up says exactly the same thing, 95% come back down within two seasons. If we stay up for one season with this bunch it will be a massive achievement, but it wont last.[/p][/quote]Do you have some official stats to back up your 95% claim please, because I have found the following: Between 2002 and 2012 out of the 30 teams promoted to the Premier League 13 were relegated in the first season (43%). Out of the remaining 17 teams only 4 got relegated in their second season (23%). So what a surpris, it turns out AP4B is talking out of his ar5e again and making things up as he goes along. Owned.[/p][/quote]So 17 teams out of 30 have been relegated in the last 10 years, thanks for looking that up for me and spending precious hours working it all out. Proper owned What we have to realise also is that teams with far better and bigger squads than ours at Burnley went plummeting at an alarming rate of knots, It would be interesting to know how much money, those relegated teams spent, on their squads to no avail. Its a pity I have proper owned you and told you so as now you will refuse to do my stat analysis for me, like you did last time. Now you realise that I was brainwashing you to waste your time so I didn't have to. Now thats PROPER OWNED cuckie wookie my kitchen biatch **** AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -11

5:03pm Thu 7 Aug 14

ZomZom@thePark says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
Chuck Norris' Roundhouse wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn


ley
wrote:
Every team that goes up says exactly the same thing, 95% come back down within two seasons. If we stay up for one season with this bunch it will be a massive achievement, but it wont last.
Do you have some official stats to back up your 95% claim please, because I have found the following:

Between 2002 and 2012 out of the 30 teams promoted to the Premier League 13 were relegated in the first season (43%).

Out of the remaining 17 teams only 4 got relegated in their second season (23%).

So what a surpris, it turns out AP4B is talking out of his ar5e again and making things up as he goes along.

Owned.
So 17 teams out of 30 have been relegated in the last 10 years, thanks for looking that up for me and spending precious hours working it all out.
Proper owned
What we have to realise also is that teams with far better and bigger squads than ours at Burnley went plummeting at an alarming rate of knots, It would be interesting to know how much money, those relegated teams spent, on their squads to no avail.
Its a pity I have proper owned you and told you so as now you will refuse to do my stat analysis for me, like you did last time. Now you realise that I was brainwashing you to waste your time so I didn't have to.
Now thats PROPER OWNED cuckie wookie my kitchen biatch
****
!!!! TOOL ALERT !!!!
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chuck Norris' Roundhouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Every team that goes up says exactly the same thing, 95% come back down within two seasons. If we stay up for one season with this bunch it will be a massive achievement, but it wont last.[/p][/quote]Do you have some official stats to back up your 95% claim please, because I have found the following: Between 2002 and 2012 out of the 30 teams promoted to the Premier League 13 were relegated in the first season (43%). Out of the remaining 17 teams only 4 got relegated in their second season (23%). So what a surpris, it turns out AP4B is talking out of his ar5e again and making things up as he goes along. Owned.[/p][/quote]So 17 teams out of 30 have been relegated in the last 10 years, thanks for looking that up for me and spending precious hours working it all out. Proper owned What we have to realise also is that teams with far better and bigger squads than ours at Burnley went plummeting at an alarming rate of knots, It would be interesting to know how much money, those relegated teams spent, on their squads to no avail. Its a pity I have proper owned you and told you so as now you will refuse to do my stat analysis for me, like you did last time. Now you realise that I was brainwashing you to waste your time so I didn't have to. Now thats PROPER OWNED cuckie wookie my kitchen biatch ****[/p][/quote]!!!! TOOL ALERT !!!! ZomZom@thePark
  • Score: 8

5:13pm Thu 7 Aug 14

andy1 says...

ZomZom@thePark wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn

ley
wrote:
Chuck Norris' Roundhouse wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn



ley
wrote:
Every team that goes up says exactly the same thing, 95% come back down within two seasons. If we stay up for one season with this bunch it will be a massive achievement, but it wont last.
Do you have some official stats to back up your 95% claim please, because I have found the following:

Between 2002 and 2012 out of the 30 teams promoted to the Premier League 13 were relegated in the first season (43%).

Out of the remaining 17 teams only 4 got relegated in their second season (23%).

So what a surpris, it turns out AP4B is talking out of his ar5e again and making things up as he goes along.

Owned.
So 17 teams out of 30 have been relegated in the last 10 years, thanks for looking that up for me and spending precious hours working it all out.
Proper owned
What we have to realise also is that teams with far better and bigger squads than ours at Burnley went plummeting at an alarming rate of knots, It would be interesting to know how much money, those relegated teams spent, on their squads to no avail.
Its a pity I have proper owned you and told you so as now you will refuse to do my stat analysis for me, like you did last time. Now you realise that I was brainwashing you to waste your time so I didn't have to.
Now thats PROPER OWNED cuckie wookie my kitchen biatch
****
!!!! TOOL ALERT !!!!
No one gives him a thumbs up we just give him the thumbs down nor read his comments due to being Mentally Incurable.
[quote][p][bold]ZomZom@thePark[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chuck Norris' Roundhouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Every team that goes up says exactly the same thing, 95% come back down within two seasons. If we stay up for one season with this bunch it will be a massive achievement, but it wont last.[/p][/quote]Do you have some official stats to back up your 95% claim please, because I have found the following: Between 2002 and 2012 out of the 30 teams promoted to the Premier League 13 were relegated in the first season (43%). Out of the remaining 17 teams only 4 got relegated in their second season (23%). So what a surpris, it turns out AP4B is talking out of his ar5e again and making things up as he goes along. Owned.[/p][/quote]So 17 teams out of 30 have been relegated in the last 10 years, thanks for looking that up for me and spending precious hours working it all out. Proper owned What we have to realise also is that teams with far better and bigger squads than ours at Burnley went plummeting at an alarming rate of knots, It would be interesting to know how much money, those relegated teams spent, on their squads to no avail. Its a pity I have proper owned you and told you so as now you will refuse to do my stat analysis for me, like you did last time. Now you realise that I was brainwashing you to waste your time so I didn't have to. Now thats PROPER OWNED cuckie wookie my kitchen biatch ****[/p][/quote]!!!! TOOL ALERT !!!![/p][/quote]No one gives him a thumbs up we just give him the thumbs down nor read his comments due to being Mentally Incurable. andy1
  • Score: 5

5:42pm Thu 7 Aug 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Do you ultimately survive by being hungry? My understanding is that you slowly lose strength, become emaciated and then die.
Do you ultimately survive by being hungry? My understanding is that you slowly lose strength, become emaciated and then die. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -4

5:56pm Thu 7 Aug 14

George Oghani's Ironing Board says...

Chuck Norris' Roundhouse wrote:
George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID
Sky Sports 1 Friday, can't wait, Blackburn embarrassed by Cardiff, Bowyer sacked by November. UTC, LLTV JWID
I wondered how long it would take Chuck, JWID? Classy Son really classy
[quote][p][bold]Chuck Norris' Roundhouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID[/p][/quote]Sky Sports 1 Friday, can't wait, Blackburn embarrassed by Cardiff, Bowyer sacked by November. UTC, LLTV JWID[/p][/quote]I wondered how long it would take Chuck, JWID? Classy Son really classy George Oghani's Ironing Board
  • Score: -2

6:05pm Thu 7 Aug 14

A Darener says...

Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.
Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide. A Darener
  • Score: -2

6:15pm Thu 7 Aug 14

mjp 53 says...

George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID
K.N.O.B.H.E.A.D.
[quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID[/p][/quote]K.N.O.B.H.E.A.D. mjp 53
  • Score: 11

6:17pm Thu 7 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

A Darener wrote:
Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.
A week on Monday we'll be watching a side on the too sir. A team on the slide on Monday you say? Mmm. Either you're watching some European stuff in a pub with Israeli TV, or you mean you'll see Chelsea get sorted out down the Turf!
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.[/p][/quote]A week on Monday we'll be watching a side on the too sir. A team on the slide on Monday you say? Mmm. Either you're watching some European stuff in a pub with Israeli TV, or you mean you'll see Chelsea get sorted out down the Turf! RobH2O .
  • Score: 6

6:17pm Thu 7 Aug 14

mjp 53 says...

A Darener wrote:
Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.
Come back when Cardiff have thumped you 4 - 0 and then we will see. Comedy Gold on Sky Sports this Friday night.
Bring your own Chicken !!!!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.[/p][/quote]Come back when Cardiff have thumped you 4 - 0 and then we will see. Comedy Gold on Sky Sports this Friday night. Bring your own Chicken !!!!!!!!! mjp 53
  • Score: 4

6:18pm Thu 7 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Chuck Norris' Roundhouse wrote:
George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID
Sky Sports 1 Friday, can't wait, Blackburn embarrassed by Cardiff, Bowyer sacked by November. UTC, LLTV JWID
I wondered how long it would take Chuck, JWID? Classy Son really classy
Well, it is classy when compared with your infantile repetition. You are so novel, so original.
[quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chuck Norris' Roundhouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID[/p][/quote]Sky Sports 1 Friday, can't wait, Blackburn embarrassed by Cardiff, Bowyer sacked by November. UTC, LLTV JWID[/p][/quote]I wondered how long it would take Chuck, JWID? Classy Son really classy[/p][/quote]Well, it is classy when compared with your infantile repetition. You are so novel, so original. RobH2O .
  • Score: 2

6:19pm Thu 7 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

mjp 53 wrote:
A Darener wrote:
Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.
Come back when Cardiff have thumped you 4 - 0 and then we will see. Comedy Gold on Sky Sports this Friday night.
Bring your own Chicken !!!!!!!!!
Venky are sending a member of the family, cousin Tikka, over to watch the match.
[quote][p][bold]mjp 53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.[/p][/quote]Come back when Cardiff have thumped you 4 - 0 and then we will see. Comedy Gold on Sky Sports this Friday night. Bring your own Chicken !!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Venky are sending a member of the family, cousin Tikka, over to watch the match. RobH2O .
  • Score: 1

6:19pm Thu 7 Aug 14

A Darener says...

Get Chelsea sorted? Looks like your tablets need updating to a stronger dosage, delusional!
Get Chelsea sorted? Looks like your tablets need updating to a stronger dosage, delusional! A Darener
  • Score: -1

6:19pm Thu 7 Aug 14

mjp 53 says...

George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Chuck Norris' Roundhouse wrote:
George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID
Sky Sports 1 Friday, can't wait, Blackburn embarrassed by Cardiff, Bowyer sacked by November. UTC, LLTV JWID
I wondered how long it would take Chuck, JWID? Classy Son really classy
What he meant to say was JWTID, don't forget your Sky+ on Friday night and your box of tissues to wipe away those tears of humiliation.
UTC
Real classy son, don't forget to get a new keyboard
[quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chuck Norris' Roundhouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID[/p][/quote]Sky Sports 1 Friday, can't wait, Blackburn embarrassed by Cardiff, Bowyer sacked by November. UTC, LLTV JWID[/p][/quote]I wondered how long it would take Chuck, JWID? Classy Son really classy[/p][/quote]What he meant to say was JWTID, don't forget your Sky+ on Friday night and your box of tissues to wipe away those tears of humiliation. UTC Real classy son, don't forget to get a new keyboard mjp 53
  • Score: 1

6:20pm Thu 7 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Do you ultimately survive by being hungry? My understanding is that you slowly lose strength, become emaciated and then die.
Don't be so literal you silly billy.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Do you ultimately survive by being hungry? My understanding is that you slowly lose strength, become emaciated and then die.[/p][/quote]Don't be so literal you silly billy. RobH2O .
  • Score: 2

6:20pm Thu 7 Aug 14

mjp 53 says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Do you ultimately survive by being hungry? My understanding is that you slowly lose strength, become emaciated and then die.
Let us know when you do, we will send a lovely Claret & Blue wreath.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Do you ultimately survive by being hungry? My understanding is that you slowly lose strength, become emaciated and then die.[/p][/quote]Let us know when you do, we will send a lovely Claret & Blue wreath. mjp 53
  • Score: 1

6:23pm Thu 7 Aug 14

mjp 53 says...

A Darener wrote:
Get Chelsea sorted? Looks like your tablets need updating to a stronger dosage, delusional!
I got mine from some d**khead in Darwen !!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Get Chelsea sorted? Looks like your tablets need updating to a stronger dosage, delusional![/p][/quote]I got mine from some d**khead in Darwen !!!!!! mjp 53
  • Score: 0

6:25pm Thu 7 Aug 14

A Darener says...

There aren't any d..... In Darwen just Rovers supporters. And a few Man U but every town has them.
There aren't any d..... In Darwen just Rovers supporters. And a few Man U but every town has them. A Darener
  • Score: 0

6:26pm Thu 7 Aug 14

mjp 53 says...

RobH2O . wrote:
mjp 53 wrote:
A Darener wrote:
Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.
Come back when Cardiff have thumped you 4 - 0 and then we will see. Comedy Gold on Sky Sports this Friday night.
Bring your own Chicken !!!!!!!!!
Venky are sending a member of the family, cousin Tikka, over to watch the match.
And when Cardiff thump them into oblivion it will be classed as Korma, or is that Karma?
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mjp 53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.[/p][/quote]Come back when Cardiff have thumped you 4 - 0 and then we will see. Comedy Gold on Sky Sports this Friday night. Bring your own Chicken !!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Venky are sending a member of the family, cousin Tikka, over to watch the match.[/p][/quote]And when Cardiff thump them into oblivion it will be classed as Korma, or is that Karma? mjp 53
  • Score: 0

6:27pm Thu 7 Aug 14

mjp 53 says...

A Darener wrote:
There aren't any d..... In Darwen just Rovers supporters. And a few Man U but every town has them.
Says it all then doesn't it !!!
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: There aren't any d..... In Darwen just Rovers supporters. And a few Man U but every town has them.[/p][/quote]Says it all then doesn't it !!! mjp 53
  • Score: 0

6:29pm Thu 7 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

A Darener wrote:
There aren't any d..... In Darwen just Rovers supporters. And a few Man U but every town has them.
Mutually inclusive!
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: There aren't any d..... In Darwen just Rovers supporters. And a few Man U but every town has them.[/p][/quote]Mutually inclusive! RobH2O .
  • Score: 1

6:49pm Thu 7 Aug 14

aviitt says...

I've said it many a time that I believe Burnley will survive IF they do the right transfer business. However it's important to be realistic, some of the comments I see on here are ridiculous. I believe Heaton will be ok in the premier league, Mee average and I've backed Trippier to be successful in the step up. Shackell is also capable however he is in dire need of a competent partner, it's very hard for one good centre half to hold a defence together e.g. Kompany at Manchester City. Marney could be a decent top flight player but has a lot to prove, didn't have the best outing with Hull but granted he was a youngster at the time. David Jones is not a premier league player, he's tried and tested in that league and he's not good enough, you'd be naive to contest that. Kightly struggled with injuries in the Prem with Wolves and never had much success at Stoke either. With Vokes not fit for a while it puts a bit of pressure on Ings, even when he returns there is no guarantee he will be capable of making the step up (I think he probably is, but no guarantee). Sordell and Jutkiewicz have got a hell of a lot to prove. Although nobody really knows whether or not they will truly be successful as they are both such big gambles, if you had to bet you would probably say no. Reid is a decent signing although a bit past it and struggles to keep fit, same with Taylor. As it stands there probably isn't quite enough quality to keep you in the premier league, however there is a month of the transfer window left and it must be used wisely. This isn't me trying to wind any Burnley fans up, just my honest opinion.
I've said it many a time that I believe Burnley will survive IF they do the right transfer business. However it's important to be realistic, some of the comments I see on here are ridiculous. I believe Heaton will be ok in the premier league, Mee average and I've backed Trippier to be successful in the step up. Shackell is also capable however he is in dire need of a competent partner, it's very hard for one good centre half to hold a defence together e.g. Kompany at Manchester City. Marney could be a decent top flight player but has a lot to prove, didn't have the best outing with Hull but granted he was a youngster at the time. David Jones is not a premier league player, he's tried and tested in that league and he's not good enough, you'd be naive to contest that. Kightly struggled with injuries in the Prem with Wolves and never had much success at Stoke either. With Vokes not fit for a while it puts a bit of pressure on Ings, even when he returns there is no guarantee he will be capable of making the step up (I think he probably is, but no guarantee). Sordell and Jutkiewicz have got a hell of a lot to prove. Although nobody really knows whether or not they will truly be successful as they are both such big gambles, if you had to bet you would probably say no. Reid is a decent signing although a bit past it and struggles to keep fit, same with Taylor. As it stands there probably isn't quite enough quality to keep you in the premier league, however there is a month of the transfer window left and it must be used wisely. This isn't me trying to wind any Burnley fans up, just my honest opinion. aviitt
  • Score: 6

8:07pm Thu 7 Aug 14

Its Only a game boy says...

A Darener wrote:
Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.
On principal I would never watch b....ds on tv - only when they lose 2-1 at home to Burnley mind,,,,,
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.[/p][/quote]On principal I would never watch b....ds on tv - only when they lose 2-1 at home to Burnley mind,,,,, Its Only a game boy
  • Score: 0

8:11pm Thu 7 Aug 14

Its Only a game boy says...

aviitt wrote:
I've said it many a time that I believe Burnley will survive IF they do the right transfer business. However it's important to be realistic, some of the comments I see on here are ridiculous. I believe Heaton will be ok in the premier league, Mee average and I've backed Trippier to be successful in the step up. Shackell is also capable however he is in dire need of a competent partner, it's very hard for one good centre half to hold a defence together e.g. Kompany at Manchester City. Marney could be a decent top flight player but has a lot to prove, didn't have the best outing with Hull but granted he was a youngster at the time. David Jones is not a premier league player, he's tried and tested in that league and he's not good enough, you'd be naive to contest that. Kightly struggled with injuries in the Prem with Wolves and never had much success at Stoke either. With Vokes not fit for a while it puts a bit of pressure on Ings, even when he returns there is no guarantee he will be capable of making the step up (I think he probably is, but no guarantee). Sordell and Jutkiewicz have got a hell of a lot to prove. Although nobody really knows whether or not they will truly be successful as they are both such big gambles, if you had to bet you would probably say no. Reid is a decent signing although a bit past it and struggles to keep fit, same with Taylor. As it stands there probably isn't quite enough quality to keep you in the premier league, however there is a month of the transfer window left and it must be used wisely. This isn't me trying to wind any Burnley fans up, just my honest opinion.
Have to agree with most of that so let's hope dyche is successful in a few of his 500 phone calls and brings some quality in quick
[quote][p][bold]aviitt[/bold] wrote: I've said it many a time that I believe Burnley will survive IF they do the right transfer business. However it's important to be realistic, some of the comments I see on here are ridiculous. I believe Heaton will be ok in the premier league, Mee average and I've backed Trippier to be successful in the step up. Shackell is also capable however he is in dire need of a competent partner, it's very hard for one good centre half to hold a defence together e.g. Kompany at Manchester City. Marney could be a decent top flight player but has a lot to prove, didn't have the best outing with Hull but granted he was a youngster at the time. David Jones is not a premier league player, he's tried and tested in that league and he's not good enough, you'd be naive to contest that. Kightly struggled with injuries in the Prem with Wolves and never had much success at Stoke either. With Vokes not fit for a while it puts a bit of pressure on Ings, even when he returns there is no guarantee he will be capable of making the step up (I think he probably is, but no guarantee). Sordell and Jutkiewicz have got a hell of a lot to prove. Although nobody really knows whether or not they will truly be successful as they are both such big gambles, if you had to bet you would probably say no. Reid is a decent signing although a bit past it and struggles to keep fit, same with Taylor. As it stands there probably isn't quite enough quality to keep you in the premier league, however there is a month of the transfer window left and it must be used wisely. This isn't me trying to wind any Burnley fans up, just my honest opinion.[/p][/quote]Have to agree with most of that so let's hope dyche is successful in a few of his 500 phone calls and brings some quality in quick Its Only a game boy
  • Score: 1

8:25pm Thu 7 Aug 14

tall in the saddle says...

George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID
Blackburn 1 - 2 Burnley
[quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID[/p][/quote]Blackburn 1 - 2 Burnley tall in the saddle
  • Score: 0

8:25pm Thu 7 Aug 14

tall in the saddle says...

George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID
Blackburn 1 - 2 Burnley
[quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: Sky + MOTD,DAOF,cant wait, down by February.RTID[/p][/quote]Blackburn 1 - 2 Burnley tall in the saddle
  • Score: -1

8:35pm Thu 7 Aug 14

tall in the saddle says...

aviitt wrote:
I've said it many a time that I believe Burnley will survive IF they do the right transfer business. However it's important to be realistic, some of the comments I see on here are ridiculous. I believe Heaton will be ok in the premier league, Mee average and I've backed Trippier to be successful in the step up. Shackell is also capable however he is in dire need of a competent partner, it's very hard for one good centre half to hold a defence together e.g. Kompany at Manchester City. Marney could be a decent top flight player but has a lot to prove, didn't have the best outing with Hull but granted he was a youngster at the time. David Jones is not a premier league player, he's tried and tested in that league and he's not good enough, you'd be naive to contest that. Kightly struggled with injuries in the Prem with Wolves and never had much success at Stoke either. With Vokes not fit for a while it puts a bit of pressure on Ings, even when he returns there is no guarantee he will be capable of making the step up (I think he probably is, but no guarantee). Sordell and Jutkiewicz have got a hell of a lot to prove. Although nobody really knows whether or not they will truly be successful as they are both such big gambles, if you had to bet you would probably say no. Reid is a decent signing although a bit past it and struggles to keep fit, same with Taylor. As it stands there probably isn't quite enough quality to keep you in the premier league, however there is a month of the transfer window left and it must be used wisely. This isn't me trying to wind any Burnley fans up, just my honest opinion.
Havou thought about becoming a manager? Heaton for England.
[quote][p][bold]aviitt[/bold] wrote: I've said it many a time that I believe Burnley will survive IF they do the right transfer business. However it's important to be realistic, some of the comments I see on here are ridiculous. I believe Heaton will be ok in the premier league, Mee average and I've backed Trippier to be successful in the step up. Shackell is also capable however he is in dire need of a competent partner, it's very hard for one good centre half to hold a defence together e.g. Kompany at Manchester City. Marney could be a decent top flight player but has a lot to prove, didn't have the best outing with Hull but granted he was a youngster at the time. David Jones is not a premier league player, he's tried and tested in that league and he's not good enough, you'd be naive to contest that. Kightly struggled with injuries in the Prem with Wolves and never had much success at Stoke either. With Vokes not fit for a while it puts a bit of pressure on Ings, even when he returns there is no guarantee he will be capable of making the step up (I think he probably is, but no guarantee). Sordell and Jutkiewicz have got a hell of a lot to prove. Although nobody really knows whether or not they will truly be successful as they are both such big gambles, if you had to bet you would probably say no. Reid is a decent signing although a bit past it and struggles to keep fit, same with Taylor. As it stands there probably isn't quite enough quality to keep you in the premier league, however there is a month of the transfer window left and it must be used wisely. This isn't me trying to wind any Burnley fans up, just my honest opinion.[/p][/quote]Havou thought about becoming a manager? Heaton for England. tall in the saddle
  • Score: -1

8:44pm Thu 7 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

mjp 53 wrote:
RobH2O . wrote:
mjp 53 wrote:
A Darener wrote:
Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.
Come back when Cardiff have thumped you 4 - 0 and then we will see. Comedy Gold on Sky Sports this Friday night.
Bring your own Chicken !!!!!!!!!
Venky are sending a member of the family, cousin Tikka, over to watch the match.
And when Cardiff thump them into oblivion it will be classed as Korma, or is that Karma?
Corking!
[quote][p][bold]mjp 53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mjp 53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.[/p][/quote]Come back when Cardiff have thumped you 4 - 0 and then we will see. Comedy Gold on Sky Sports this Friday night. Bring your own Chicken !!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Venky are sending a member of the family, cousin Tikka, over to watch the match.[/p][/quote]And when Cardiff thump them into oblivion it will be classed as Korma, or is that Karma?[/p][/quote]Corking! RobH2O .
  • Score: -1

9:55pm Thu 7 Aug 14

jim 2012 says...

Its Only a game boy wrote:
beating us would not have guaranteed you anything other than a play off place. And its no good dwelling on the 'if only' scenario.

Truth is you lost because you were simply not good enough.......end of.
Truth is you lost because you were simply not good enough.......end of.
sean dyche post match inquest for next season
[quote][p][bold]Its Only a game boy[/bold] wrote: beating us would not have guaranteed you anything other than a play off place. And its no good dwelling on the 'if only' scenario. Truth is you lost because you were simply not good enough.......end of.[/p][/quote]Truth is you lost because you were simply not good enough.......end of. sean dyche post match inquest for next season jim 2012
  • Score: -1

10:22pm Thu 7 Aug 14

mjp 53 says...

jim 2012 wrote:
Its Only a game boy wrote:
beating us would not have guaranteed you anything other than a play off place. And its no good dwelling on the 'if only' scenario.

Truth is you lost because you were simply not good enough.......end of.
Truth is you lost because you were simply not good enough.......end of.
sean dyche post match inquest for next season
Well it wont be dull as dishwater Bowyers then will it, that will go like 'we weren't good enough to compete, we didn't have enough quality, all our league 3 players haven't settled in yet'.
[quote][p][bold]jim 2012[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Its Only a game boy[/bold] wrote: beating us would not have guaranteed you anything other than a play off place. And its no good dwelling on the 'if only' scenario. Truth is you lost because you were simply not good enough.......end of.[/p][/quote]Truth is you lost because you were simply not good enough.......end of. sean dyche post match inquest for next season[/p][/quote]Well it wont be dull as dishwater Bowyers then will it, that will go like 'we weren't good enough to compete, we didn't have enough quality, all our league 3 players haven't settled in yet'. mjp 53
  • Score: -2

11:23pm Thu 7 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

tall in the saddle wrote:
aviitt wrote: I've said it many a time that I believe Burnley will survive IF they do the right transfer business. However it's important to be realistic, some of the comments I see on here are ridiculous. I believe Heaton will be ok in the premier league, Mee average and I've backed Trippier to be successful in the step up. Shackell is also capable however he is in dire need of a competent partner, it's very hard for one good centre half to hold a defence together e.g. Kompany at Manchester City. Marney could be a decent top flight player but has a lot to prove, didn't have the best outing with Hull but granted he was a youngster at the time. David Jones is not a premier league player, he's tried and tested in that league and he's not good enough, you'd be naive to contest that. Kightly struggled with injuries in the Prem with Wolves and never had much success at Stoke either. With Vokes not fit for a while it puts a bit of pressure on Ings, even when he returns there is no guarantee he will be capable of making the step up (I think he probably is, but no guarantee). Sordell and Jutkiewicz have got a hell of a lot to prove. Although nobody really knows whether or not they will truly be successful as they are both such big gambles, if you had to bet you would probably say no. Reid is a decent signing although a bit past it and struggles to keep fit, same with Taylor. As it stands there probably isn't quite enough quality to keep you in the premier league, however there is a month of the transfer window left and it must be used wisely. This isn't me trying to wind any Burnley fans up, just my honest opinion.
Havou thought about becoming a manager? Heaton for England.
Heaton for England,
Cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo.
[quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]aviitt[/bold] wrote: I've said it many a time that I believe Burnley will survive IF they do the right transfer business. However it's important to be realistic, some of the comments I see on here are ridiculous. I believe Heaton will be ok in the premier league, Mee average and I've backed Trippier to be successful in the step up. Shackell is also capable however he is in dire need of a competent partner, it's very hard for one good centre half to hold a defence together e.g. Kompany at Manchester City. Marney could be a decent top flight player but has a lot to prove, didn't have the best outing with Hull but granted he was a youngster at the time. David Jones is not a premier league player, he's tried and tested in that league and he's not good enough, you'd be naive to contest that. Kightly struggled with injuries in the Prem with Wolves and never had much success at Stoke either. With Vokes not fit for a while it puts a bit of pressure on Ings, even when he returns there is no guarantee he will be capable of making the step up (I think he probably is, but no guarantee). Sordell and Jutkiewicz have got a hell of a lot to prove. Although nobody really knows whether or not they will truly be successful as they are both such big gambles, if you had to bet you would probably say no. Reid is a decent signing although a bit past it and struggles to keep fit, same with Taylor. As it stands there probably isn't quite enough quality to keep you in the premier league, however there is a month of the transfer window left and it must be used wisely. This isn't me trying to wind any Burnley fans up, just my honest opinion.[/p][/quote]Havou thought about becoming a manager? Heaton for England.[/p][/quote]Heaton for England, Cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo. AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: 0

8:38am Fri 8 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
tall in the saddle wrote:
aviitt wrote: I've said it many a time that I believe Burnley will survive IF they do the right transfer business. However it's important to be realistic, some of the comments I see on here are ridiculous. I believe Heaton will be ok in the premier league, Mee average and I've backed Trippier to be successful in the step up. Shackell is also capable however he is in dire need of a competent partner, it's very hard for one good centre half to hold a defence together e.g. Kompany at Manchester City. Marney could be a decent top flight player but has a lot to prove, didn't have the best outing with Hull but granted he was a youngster at the time. David Jones is not a premier league player, he's tried and tested in that league and he's not good enough, you'd be naive to contest that. Kightly struggled with injuries in the Prem with Wolves and never had much success at Stoke either. With Vokes not fit for a while it puts a bit of pressure on Ings, even when he returns there is no guarantee he will be capable of making the step up (I think he probably is, but no guarantee). Sordell and Jutkiewicz have got a hell of a lot to prove. Although nobody really knows whether or not they will truly be successful as they are both such big gambles, if you had to bet you would probably say no. Reid is a decent signing although a bit past it and struggles to keep fit, same with Taylor. As it stands there probably isn't quite enough quality to keep you in the premier league, however there is a month of the transfer window left and it must be used wisely. This isn't me trying to wind any Burnley fans up, just my honest opinion.
Havou thought about becoming a manager? Heaton for England.
Heaton for England,
Cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo.
Well, what I thing to write! I don't know. As a staunch Claret, watching them every week, clutching your season ticket in your little paw, you know very well just how good this guy is. Most commentators in the game say he is destined for the very top. How could you be so cruel? You know, If I didn't know better I'd think you were a Rovers' fan the way you go on. No, really - I mean it. So, let that be a lesson to you. Behave yourself!
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]aviitt[/bold] wrote: I've said it many a time that I believe Burnley will survive IF they do the right transfer business. However it's important to be realistic, some of the comments I see on here are ridiculous. I believe Heaton will be ok in the premier league, Mee average and I've backed Trippier to be successful in the step up. Shackell is also capable however he is in dire need of a competent partner, it's very hard for one good centre half to hold a defence together e.g. Kompany at Manchester City. Marney could be a decent top flight player but has a lot to prove, didn't have the best outing with Hull but granted he was a youngster at the time. David Jones is not a premier league player, he's tried and tested in that league and he's not good enough, you'd be naive to contest that. Kightly struggled with injuries in the Prem with Wolves and never had much success at Stoke either. With Vokes not fit for a while it puts a bit of pressure on Ings, even when he returns there is no guarantee he will be capable of making the step up (I think he probably is, but no guarantee). Sordell and Jutkiewicz have got a hell of a lot to prove. Although nobody really knows whether or not they will truly be successful as they are both such big gambles, if you had to bet you would probably say no. Reid is a decent signing although a bit past it and struggles to keep fit, same with Taylor. As it stands there probably isn't quite enough quality to keep you in the premier league, however there is a month of the transfer window left and it must be used wisely. This isn't me trying to wind any Burnley fans up, just my honest opinion.[/p][/quote]Havou thought about becoming a manager? Heaton for England.[/p][/quote]Heaton for England, Cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo.[/p][/quote]Well, what I thing to write! I don't know. As a staunch Claret, watching them every week, clutching your season ticket in your little paw, you know very well just how good this guy is. Most commentators in the game say he is destined for the very top. How could you be so cruel? You know, If I didn't know better I'd think you were a Rovers' fan the way you go on. No, really - I mean it. So, let that be a lesson to you. Behave yourself! RobH2O .
  • Score: 0

8:44am Fri 8 Aug 14

houseclaret says...

A Darener wrote:
Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.
Sorry mate, I think you're clutching at straws there aren't you? A ball hasn't even been kicked yet. Incidentally I won't be watching Rovers on Sky because:
A: I don't have Sky Sports on my package (I won't pay their rip-off prices).
B: I don't really have any interest (although I will admit to having a sneaky peek at the result later, just for a laugh).
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Pleased to read that Burnley fans are looking forward to watching the Rovers on Sky. Just sit back and watch a team on the up. A week on Monday we can watch a team on the slide.[/p][/quote]Sorry mate, I think you're clutching at straws there aren't you? A ball hasn't even been kicked yet. Incidentally I won't be watching Rovers on Sky because: A: I don't have Sky Sports on my package (I won't pay their rip-off prices). B: I don't really have any interest (although I will admit to having a sneaky peek at the result later, just for a laugh). houseclaret
  • Score: 0

8:53am Fri 8 Aug 14

houseclaret says...

aviitt wrote:
I've said it many a time that I believe Burnley will survive IF they do the right transfer business. However it's important to be realistic, some of the comments I see on here are ridiculous. I believe Heaton will be ok in the premier league, Mee average and I've backed Trippier to be successful in the step up. Shackell is also capable however he is in dire need of a competent partner, it's very hard for one good centre half to hold a defence together e.g. Kompany at Manchester City. Marney could be a decent top flight player but has a lot to prove, didn't have the best outing with Hull but granted he was a youngster at the time. David Jones is not a premier league player, he's tried and tested in that league and he's not good enough, you'd be naive to contest that. Kightly struggled with injuries in the Prem with Wolves and never had much success at Stoke either. With Vokes not fit for a while it puts a bit of pressure on Ings, even when he returns there is no guarantee he will be capable of making the step up (I think he probably is, but no guarantee). Sordell and Jutkiewicz have got a hell of a lot to prove. Although nobody really knows whether or not they will truly be successful as they are both such big gambles, if you had to bet you would probably say no. Reid is a decent signing although a bit past it and struggles to keep fit, same with Taylor. As it stands there probably isn't quite enough quality to keep you in the premier league, however there is a month of the transfer window left and it must be used wisely. This isn't me trying to wind any Burnley fans up, just my honest opinion.
Nice post and I agree with a lot of it. I think Ings, Vokes, Marney, Trippier, Mee and Heaton are good enough. Kightly and the new signings are a "we'll see" but I don't think it's above them. I think we have a "team" that can just about compete but we still have the problem of depth.
I trust Dyche completely so I am not worrying at this stage.
[quote][p][bold]aviitt[/bold] wrote: I've said it many a time that I believe Burnley will survive IF they do the right transfer business. However it's important to be realistic, some of the comments I see on here are ridiculous. I believe Heaton will be ok in the premier league, Mee average and I've backed Trippier to be successful in the step up. Shackell is also capable however he is in dire need of a competent partner, it's very hard for one good centre half to hold a defence together e.g. Kompany at Manchester City. Marney could be a decent top flight player but has a lot to prove, didn't have the best outing with Hull but granted he was a youngster at the time. David Jones is not a premier league player, he's tried and tested in that league and he's not good enough, you'd be naive to contest that. Kightly struggled with injuries in the Prem with Wolves and never had much success at Stoke either. With Vokes not fit for a while it puts a bit of pressure on Ings, even when he returns there is no guarantee he will be capable of making the step up (I think he probably is, but no guarantee). Sordell and Jutkiewicz have got a hell of a lot to prove. Although nobody really knows whether or not they will truly be successful as they are both such big gambles, if you had to bet you would probably say no. Reid is a decent signing although a bit past it and struggles to keep fit, same with Taylor. As it stands there probably isn't quite enough quality to keep you in the premier league, however there is a month of the transfer window left and it must be used wisely. This isn't me trying to wind any Burnley fans up, just my honest opinion.[/p][/quote]Nice post and I agree with a lot of it. I think Ings, Vokes, Marney, Trippier, Mee and Heaton are good enough. Kightly and the new signings are a "we'll see" but I don't think it's above them. I think we have a "team" that can just about compete but we still have the problem of depth. I trust Dyche completely so I am not worrying at this stage. houseclaret
  • Score: 1

8:54am Fri 8 Aug 14

A Darener says...

Dyche today admitted he was having difficulty attracting players to Burnley! Surprise, surprise!
Dyche today admitted he was having difficulty attracting players to Burnley! Surprise, surprise! A Darener
  • Score: -1

9:42am Fri 8 Aug 14

Chuck Norris' Roundhouse says...

A Darener wrote:
Dyche today admitted he was having difficulty attracting players to Burnley! Surprise, surprise!
Except that's not what he said was it?

Care to put the exact quote?

Of course not .
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Dyche today admitted he was having difficulty attracting players to Burnley! Surprise, surprise![/p][/quote]Except that's not what he said was it? Care to put the exact quote? Of course not . Chuck Norris' Roundhouse
  • Score: 1

10:15am Fri 8 Aug 14

TurfMoor Tom says...

A Darener wrote:
Dyche today admitted he was having difficulty attracting players to Burnley! Surprise, surprise!
As a fellow Rovers fan may I ask you to kindly stop making us look desperate. Its pointless trying to play down Burnleys achievements, I should know I spent over 10 hours a day every single day of last season trying to put a dampener on things but they just kept on winning. Everytime I claimed the wheels had fell off the just bounced right back. I gave it my all to put them down but I failed miserably on all counts as they beat us and then they we t up.

It tears me apart just as much as the next Rovers fan to see the dingles up there in the Premier League but we simply have to move on now. They beat us and took away everything we had left. When we try to put them down we only come across as desperate and jealous. Thats why I now believe in moving on, and for want of a better word we need to emulate Burnley, both on and off the pitch. We are now years behind them in financial terms and so we should look to follow their fine example of how to successfully manage a football club and build the foundations so that one day we might be able to follow in their footsteps. But first we must learn to crawl.

Enjoy the game tonight. I'd love to think we could take a point against Cardiff but after such a miserable pre-season my head says 3-1 defeat.
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Dyche today admitted he was having difficulty attracting players to Burnley! Surprise, surprise![/p][/quote]As a fellow Rovers fan may I ask you to kindly stop making us look desperate. Its pointless trying to play down Burnleys achievements, I should know I spent over 10 hours a day every single day of last season trying to put a dampener on things but they just kept on winning. Everytime I claimed the wheels had fell off the just bounced right back. I gave it my all to put them down but I failed miserably on all counts as they beat us and then they we t up. It tears me apart just as much as the next Rovers fan to see the dingles up there in the Premier League but we simply have to move on now. They beat us and took away everything we had left. When we try to put them down we only come across as desperate and jealous. Thats why I now believe in moving on, and for want of a better word we need to emulate Burnley, both on and off the pitch. We are now years behind them in financial terms and so we should look to follow their fine example of how to successfully manage a football club and build the foundations so that one day we might be able to follow in their footsteps. But first we must learn to crawl. Enjoy the game tonight. I'd love to think we could take a point against Cardiff but after such a miserable pre-season my head says 3-1 defeat. TurfMoor Tom
  • Score: 0

4:37pm Fri 8 Aug 14

alan7554 says...

well said Turfmoortom, its good to have good banter on here but the knobheads spoil it for all decent fans,clarets or rovers.Its about supporting your team and hoping all the teams in East lancashire do well. BFC BRFC ASFC Good luck to the rovers,they need it with the clowns they have in charge (venkys) Football for the fans not snide comments for the trolls
well said Turfmoortom, its good to have good banter on here but the knobheads spoil it for all decent fans,clarets or rovers.Its about supporting your team and hoping all the teams in East lancashire do well. BFC BRFC ASFC Good luck to the rovers,they need it with the clowns they have in charge (venkys) Football for the fans not snide comments for the trolls alan7554
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree