Lancashire TelegraphAndy Lochhead: There's much more to come from Burnley ace Ings (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Andy Lochhead: There's much more to come from Burnley ace Ings

Lancashire Telegraph: Danny Ings Danny Ings

TO hear that Danny Ings is happy at Burnley is music to my ears, and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Clarets fans will be delighted that he is looking forward to the Premier League at a Turf Moor and not looking for a move.

He spoke about it in an interview with this newspaper a couple of weeks ago but it was reassuring to hear him repeat those thoughts during the club’s pre-season tour of Austria.

As good a season as Danny had last year in helping to fire Burnley to promotion, I think there is even bigger and better to come from the striker when he and the club make the step up.

When you play with and against better players it brings more out of your game, and as he progresses I feel he will show he is a good Premier League goalscorer.

It’s not just the weather that’s warming up but the squad is too.

Sean Dyche is getting a good group together and added to that this week with the signing of Lukas Jutkiewicz from Middlesbrough. He is not only similar to Sam Vokes in stature, at 6ft 1ins, but like the target man he has already travelled around a bit in his football career.

At 25 he will be looking to put down some roots, and as we saw with Sam that can bring his true potential to the fore.

The manager has got a good mix of signings together to strengthen the squad, not like the last time we got promoted when Owen Coyle quite frankly squandered money.

Not all of his signings were bad.

Steven Fletcher proved to be an asset but there were some bizarre acquisitions too.

Sean seems to be getting a competitive group together with a good mix of youth and experience who are all capable of fighting for first team places.

Hopefully Craig Dawson will be added to the mix in the near future.

Related links

He seems to have indicated that he wants to leave West Brom and that Burnley is a club he wants to join.

They are the types of people you want at the club, players who want to play for the shirt, and the manager has a good way of identifying those.

Hopefully he will be able to secure another one.

Comments (21)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:00pm Fri 18 Jul 14

burnleyglentoran says...

The futures bright

The futures premier league and claret
The futures bright The futures premier league and claret burnleyglentoran
  • Score: 8

3:10pm Fri 18 Jul 14

oracle says...

Happy until the January transfer window
Happy until the January transfer window oracle
  • Score: -12

6:55pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super Claret . says...

What else is he going to say other than he is happy, whether he is or not???
Would you want hordes of unwashed dingles after you for calling their club?
Just like Coyle, one minute god, next minute Judas.
What else is he going to say other than he is happy, whether he is or not??? Would you want hordes of unwashed dingles after you for calling their club? Just like Coyle, one minute god, next minute Judas. Super Claret .
  • Score: -5

8:13pm Fri 18 Jul 14

George Oghani's Ironing Board says...

Sky+ MOTD,DAOF ,can't wait. RTID.
Sky+ MOTD,DAOF ,can't wait. RTID. George Oghani's Ironing Board
  • Score: -6

8:59pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Claretcert says...

George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Sky+ MOTD,DAOF ,can't wait. RTID.
Blackburn troll in chief repeats himself until he's sick into his own bottom
[quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: Sky+ MOTD,DAOF ,can't wait. RTID.[/p][/quote]Blackburn troll in chief repeats himself until he's sick into his own bottom Claretcert
  • Score: -1

9:02pm Fri 18 Jul 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

Worst possible scenario, Burnley start the season badly and Ings jumps ship after not signing a new contract. looks more likely with every passing day, signing no quality and cheaping out will only backfire on us.
Worst possible scenario, Burnley start the season badly and Ings jumps ship after not signing a new contract. looks more likely with every passing day, signing no quality and cheaping out will only backfire on us. AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -9

9:14pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait.
January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait. Super CIaret
  • Score: -2

9:55pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Claretcert says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
Worst possible scenario, Burnley start the season badly and Ings jumps ship after not signing a new contract. looks more likely with every passing day, signing no quality and cheaping out will only backfire on us.
Blackburn troll in chief says nothing again - and again - and again. Burnley obsessed troll buys cuddly Bertie Bee and immediately ruins it by biting its eyes off whist forcing toy to perform immoral acts. Troll sleeps and dreams he was wearing Ings' socks and stuffed them into mouth of young fan at the end of season and kidnapped fan. Troll wakes, logs on, pours poison to mask the turmoil within his sad, sick, lonely life.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Worst possible scenario, Burnley start the season badly and Ings jumps ship after not signing a new contract. looks more likely with every passing day, signing no quality and cheaping out will only backfire on us.[/p][/quote]Blackburn troll in chief says nothing again - and again - and again. Burnley obsessed troll buys cuddly Bertie Bee and immediately ruins it by biting its eyes off whist forcing toy to perform immoral acts. Troll sleeps and dreams he was wearing Ings' socks and stuffed them into mouth of young fan at the end of season and kidnapped fan. Troll wakes, logs on, pours poison to mask the turmoil within his sad, sick, lonely life. Claretcert
  • Score: 5

10:13pm Fri 18 Jul 14

andy1 says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
, George Oghani's Ironing Board,oracle, Keep Darwen Green, Lancs Pensioner all in the competition favorites for Biff of the year 2014
AnotherPounding4Burn , George Oghani's Ironing Board,oracle, Keep Darwen Green, Lancs Pensioner all in the competition favorites for Biff of the year 2014 andy1
  • Score: 1

10:14pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super Claret . says...

Super CIaret wrote:
January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait.
But as im a knob and also told you repeatedly that Jordan Rhodes was leaving last summer, last Jan and this summer feel free to ignore my bull :-)
I'm so sad
[quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait.[/p][/quote]But as im a knob and also told you repeatedly that Jordan Rhodes was leaving last summer, last Jan and this summer feel free to ignore my bull :-) I'm so sad Super Claret .
  • Score: 1

11:03pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

Super Claret . wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait.
But as im a knob and also told you repeatedly that Jordan Rhodes was leaving last summer, last Jan and this summer feel free to ignore my bull :-)
I'm so sad
Is it a capital i or is it a lowercase L? Is it an extra space or is it a full stop?

The Blackburn Rovers fan with the nervous tick just can't let it go even though we've all tired of his desperate pleas for acknowledgement some time ago.

Although rather irritating to some I find your mental torture mildly amusing and enjoy seeing how much I make you whine and cry on these pages. Your account switching obsession does nothing but show you up as the desperately jealous Blackburn fan that you are, forever longing to be a true Claret and cheer on your hero's from the Longside.

Keep coming back for your daily slap Mungo, and always remember that I own your every thought... now back in my pocket you go, there's a good retard.

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley.

Ouch!
[quote][p][bold]Super Claret .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait.[/p][/quote]But as im a knob and also told you repeatedly that Jordan Rhodes was leaving last summer, last Jan and this summer feel free to ignore my bull :-) I'm so sad[/p][/quote]Is it a capital i or is it a lowercase L? Is it an extra space or is it a full stop? The Blackburn Rovers fan with the nervous tick just can't let it go even though we've all tired of his desperate pleas for acknowledgement some time ago. Although rather irritating to some I find your mental torture mildly amusing and enjoy seeing how much I make you whine and cry on these pages. Your account switching obsession does nothing but show you up as the desperately jealous Blackburn fan that you are, forever longing to be a true Claret and cheer on your hero's from the Longside. Keep coming back for your daily slap Mungo, and always remember that I own your every thought... now back in my pocket you go, there's a good retard. Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley. Ouch! Super CIaret
  • Score: 3

11:56pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super Claret . says...

Super CIaret wrote:
Super Claret . wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait.
But as im a knob and also told you repeatedly that Jordan Rhodes was leaving last summer, last Jan and this summer feel free to ignore my bull :-)
I'm so sad
Is it a capital i or is it a lowercase L? Is it an extra space or is it a full stop?

The Blackburn Rovers fan with the nervous tick just can't let it go even though we've all tired of his desperate pleas for acknowledgement some time ago.

Although rather irritating to some I find your mental torture mildly amusing and enjoy seeing how much I make you whine and cry on these pages. Your account switching obsession does nothing but show you up as the desperately jealous Blackburn fan that you are, forever longing to be a true Claret and cheer on your hero's from the Longside.

Keep coming back for your daily slap Mungo, and always remember that I own your every thought... now back in my pocket you go, there's a good retard.

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley.

Ouch!
hee hee I like talking to myself :-)
I live to be a rover :-)
[quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super Claret .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait.[/p][/quote]But as im a knob and also told you repeatedly that Jordan Rhodes was leaving last summer, last Jan and this summer feel free to ignore my bull :-) I'm so sad[/p][/quote]Is it a capital i or is it a lowercase L? Is it an extra space or is it a full stop? The Blackburn Rovers fan with the nervous tick just can't let it go even though we've all tired of his desperate pleas for acknowledgement some time ago. Although rather irritating to some I find your mental torture mildly amusing and enjoy seeing how much I make you whine and cry on these pages. Your account switching obsession does nothing but show you up as the desperately jealous Blackburn fan that you are, forever longing to be a true Claret and cheer on your hero's from the Longside. Keep coming back for your daily slap Mungo, and always remember that I own your every thought... now back in my pocket you go, there's a good retard. Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley. Ouch![/p][/quote]hee hee I like talking to myself :-) I live to be a rover :-) Super Claret .
  • Score: -7

12:09am Sat 19 Jul 14

The Seagull has landed says...

George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Sky+ MOTD,DAOF ,can't wait. RTID.
1st January 2015, FFP judgement day, I Can't wait.
[quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: Sky+ MOTD,DAOF ,can't wait. RTID.[/p][/quote]1st January 2015, FFP judgement day, I Can't wait. The Seagull has landed
  • Score: -4

1:31am Sat 19 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

Super Claret . wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
Super Claret . wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait.
But as im a knob and also told you repeatedly that Jordan Rhodes was leaving last summer, last Jan and this summer feel free to ignore my bull :-)
I'm so sad
Is it a capital i or is it a lowercase L? Is it an extra space or is it a full stop?

The Blackburn Rovers fan with the nervous tick just can't let it go even though we've all tired of his desperate pleas for acknowledgement some time ago.

Although rather irritating to some I find your mental torture mildly amusing and enjoy seeing how much I make you whine and cry on these pages. Your account switching obsession does nothing but show you up as the desperately jealous Blackburn fan that you are, forever longing to be a true Claret and cheer on your hero's from the Longside.

Keep coming back for your daily slap Mungo, and always remember that I own your every thought... now back in my pocket you go, there's a good retard.

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley.

Ouch!
hee hee I like talking to myself :-)
I live to be a rover :-)
Super CIaret

or

Super Claret .

?


meanwhile..... it's still there Tom...

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley

It just wont go away.
[quote][p][bold]Super Claret .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super Claret .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait.[/p][/quote]But as im a knob and also told you repeatedly that Jordan Rhodes was leaving last summer, last Jan and this summer feel free to ignore my bull :-) I'm so sad[/p][/quote]Is it a capital i or is it a lowercase L? Is it an extra space or is it a full stop? The Blackburn Rovers fan with the nervous tick just can't let it go even though we've all tired of his desperate pleas for acknowledgement some time ago. Although rather irritating to some I find your mental torture mildly amusing and enjoy seeing how much I make you whine and cry on these pages. Your account switching obsession does nothing but show you up as the desperately jealous Blackburn fan that you are, forever longing to be a true Claret and cheer on your hero's from the Longside. Keep coming back for your daily slap Mungo, and always remember that I own your every thought... now back in my pocket you go, there's a good retard. Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley. Ouch![/p][/quote]hee hee I like talking to myself :-) I live to be a rover :-)[/p][/quote]Super CIaret or Super Claret . ? meanwhile..... it's still there Tom... Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley It just wont go away. Super CIaret
  • Score: 6

8:32am Sat 19 Jul 14

accylongside says...

Financial oblivion awaits the no dads and yet, like ostriches, they choose to stick their heads in the sand and ignore it. Whereas we await life in the biggest league in the world. One they used to compete in but never ever will do again.
Financial oblivion awaits the no dads and yet, like ostriches, they choose to stick their heads in the sand and ignore it. Whereas we await life in the biggest league in the world. One they used to compete in but never ever will do again. accylongside
  • Score: 5

10:18am Sat 19 Jul 14

Super Claret . says...

Super CIaret wrote:
Super Claret . wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
Super Claret . wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait.
But as im a knob and also told you repeatedly that Jordan Rhodes was leaving last summer, last Jan and this summer feel free to ignore my bull :-)
I'm so sad
Is it a capital i or is it a lowercase L? Is it an extra space or is it a full stop?

The Blackburn Rovers fan with the nervous tick just can't let it go even though we've all tired of his desperate pleas for acknowledgement some time ago.

Although rather irritating to some I find your mental torture mildly amusing and enjoy seeing how much I make you whine and cry on these pages. Your account switching obsession does nothing but show you up as the desperately jealous Blackburn fan that you are, forever longing to be a true Claret and cheer on your hero's from the Longside.

Keep coming back for your daily slap Mungo, and always remember that I own your every thought... now back in my pocket you go, there's a good retard.

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley.

Ouch!
hee hee I like talking to myself :-)
I live to be a rover :-)
Super CIaret

or

Super Claret .

?


meanwhile..... it's still there Tom...

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley

It just wont go away.
But then again Tom, neither will the last 35 years.
One game or 35 years?? I know which I would prefer but I will keep pretending otherwise :-)
[quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super Claret .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super Claret .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait.[/p][/quote]But as im a knob and also told you repeatedly that Jordan Rhodes was leaving last summer, last Jan and this summer feel free to ignore my bull :-) I'm so sad[/p][/quote]Is it a capital i or is it a lowercase L? Is it an extra space or is it a full stop? The Blackburn Rovers fan with the nervous tick just can't let it go even though we've all tired of his desperate pleas for acknowledgement some time ago. Although rather irritating to some I find your mental torture mildly amusing and enjoy seeing how much I make you whine and cry on these pages. Your account switching obsession does nothing but show you up as the desperately jealous Blackburn fan that you are, forever longing to be a true Claret and cheer on your hero's from the Longside. Keep coming back for your daily slap Mungo, and always remember that I own your every thought... now back in my pocket you go, there's a good retard. Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley. Ouch![/p][/quote]hee hee I like talking to myself :-) I live to be a rover :-)[/p][/quote]Super CIaret or Super Claret . ? meanwhile..... it's still there Tom... Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley It just wont go away.[/p][/quote]But then again Tom, neither will the last 35 years. One game or 35 years?? I know which I would prefer but I will keep pretending otherwise :-) Super Claret .
  • Score: -8

1:44pm Sat 19 Jul 14

Rob_H2O says...

Super Claret . wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
Super Claret . wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
Super Claret . wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait.
But as im a knob and also told you repeatedly that Jordan Rhodes was leaving last summer, last Jan and this summer feel free to ignore my bull :-)
I'm so sad
Is it a capital i or is it a lowercase L? Is it an extra space or is it a full stop?

The Blackburn Rovers fan with the nervous tick just can't let it go even though we've all tired of his desperate pleas for acknowledgement some time ago.

Although rather irritating to some I find your mental torture mildly amusing and enjoy seeing how much I make you whine and cry on these pages. Your account switching obsession does nothing but show you up as the desperately jealous Blackburn fan that you are, forever longing to be a true Claret and cheer on your hero's from the Longside.

Keep coming back for your daily slap Mungo, and always remember that I own your every thought... now back in my pocket you go, there's a good retard.

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley.

Ouch!
hee hee I like talking to myself :-)
I live to be a rover :-)
Super CIaret

or

Super Claret .

?


meanwhile..... it's still there Tom...

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley

It just wont go away.
But then again Tom, neither will the last 35 years.
One game or 35 years?? I know which I would prefer but I will keep pretending otherwise :-)
65 years an 81 years.
[quote][p][bold]Super Claret .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super Claret .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super Claret .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: January 2015.... Blackburn Rovers..... Financial Armageddon..... BBC News...... can't wait.[/p][/quote]But as im a knob and also told you repeatedly that Jordan Rhodes was leaving last summer, last Jan and this summer feel free to ignore my bull :-) I'm so sad[/p][/quote]Is it a capital i or is it a lowercase L? Is it an extra space or is it a full stop? The Blackburn Rovers fan with the nervous tick just can't let it go even though we've all tired of his desperate pleas for acknowledgement some time ago. Although rather irritating to some I find your mental torture mildly amusing and enjoy seeing how much I make you whine and cry on these pages. Your account switching obsession does nothing but show you up as the desperately jealous Blackburn fan that you are, forever longing to be a true Claret and cheer on your hero's from the Longside. Keep coming back for your daily slap Mungo, and always remember that I own your every thought... now back in my pocket you go, there's a good retard. Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley. Ouch![/p][/quote]hee hee I like talking to myself :-) I live to be a rover :-)[/p][/quote]Super CIaret or Super Claret . ? meanwhile..... it's still there Tom... Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley It just wont go away.[/p][/quote]But then again Tom, neither will the last 35 years. One game or 35 years?? I know which I would prefer but I will keep pretending otherwise :-)[/p][/quote]65 years an 81 years. Rob_H2O
  • Score: -2

3:11pm Sat 19 Jul 14

A Darener says...

What are you going to do on January 2nd when BRFC continue on their merry way towards the Championship?
Suggest you....cry into your Burnley shirt.
What are you going to do on January 2nd when BRFC continue on their merry way towards the Championship? Suggest you....cry into your Burnley shirt. A Darener
  • Score: 3

11:37pm Sat 19 Jul 14

digitusjonfred says...

Good OLD Lochhead was a centre forward in the days of the medicine ball 50,s and 60,s not the ultra fast pace of now, spouting is just a way of topping up his pension, should have bought a pub like Adam Blacklaw !!
Good OLD Lochhead was a centre forward in the days of the medicine ball 50,s and 60,s not the ultra fast pace of now, spouting is just a way of topping up his pension, should have bought a pub like Adam Blacklaw !! digitusjonfred
  • Score: 1

2:28am Sun 20 Jul 14

noddy57 says...

burnleyglentoran wrote:
The futures bright

The futures premier league and claret
The only things to come from lings are transfer talks and big wage demands if l know his greedy agent.
[quote][p][bold]burnleyglentoran[/bold] wrote: The futures bright The futures premier league and claret[/p][/quote]The only things to come from lings are transfer talks and big wage demands if l know his greedy agent. noddy57
  • Score: -2

3:49pm Sun 20 Jul 14

BlackburnRoversFC f*****g hate burnley says...

It's funny to here arm chair burnley fans speak out and finally be proud of there club... Paying for overpriced season ticket but get 100 pound off there championship one the season after.. Already preparing for the championship with the poor signing and no hopers. MOTD sat night popcorn out. Can't wait.
It's funny to here arm chair burnley fans speak out and finally be proud of there club... Paying for overpriced season ticket but get 100 pound off there championship one the season after.. Already preparing for the championship with the poor signing and no hopers. MOTD sat night popcorn out. Can't wait. BlackburnRoversFC f*****g hate burnley
  • Score: 0
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree