Lancashire TelegraphSimon Garner column: Wait until January for more signings (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Simon Garner column: Wait until January for more signings

Lancashire Telegraph: Defender Alex Baptiste has joined Blackburn Rovers on a season-long loan from Bolton Wanderers Defender Alex Baptiste has joined Blackburn Rovers on a season-long loan from Bolton Wanderers

IF we were to start the season with the squad we’ve got now I’d be satisfied.

We’ve kept the players we wanted to keep, getting David Dunn and Jordan Rhodes to sign new contracts, brought three squad players in for competition, and got rid of some of the deadwood.

So if I was Gary Bowyer I’d be tempted to say, ‘no, that’s enough for now’, and hang fire until January and see where we are then.

If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it.

I know there is a suggestion that we still need a right back but I think we’re pretty covered there now with Alex Baptiste coming in to rival Adam Henley and also having Jason Lowe to play there.

I think bringing Alex in is a good move and I think he will prove to be a canny signing.

I remember him best as a centre back for Blackpool but he can also play right back and, at a push, left back it seems too.

I see we’re being linked with goalkeepers again but for me I think we’ve already got a good number one in Paul Robinson.

All right he’s not getting any younger but he’s got the experience and in what is still a youngish squad that could be invaluable.

I don’t think the back-ups are too bad either and that’s why I’d be tempted to stick with the three keepers we’ve got unless, of course, one of them wants to get out on loan after having a taste of first-team football last season while Robbo was injured.

One player who will definitely be starting the season for us is Jordan Rhodes.

I’m pleased to see he’s signed a new contract because he has earned it. It may be costing Blackburn more in wages but it’s better to have a player like Jordan on contract for as long as you possibly can because if someone does come in, they’re going to have to pay big money.

You could argue that contracts don’t mean a lot in football nowadays – if a player wants to go and kicks up a fuss, he’ll probably go – but the longer a player is on contract the more protection that should give to a club.

I said when Jordan reached 50 goals for Blackburn last season that he could go on to break my goalscoring record for the club – and I still stand by that. If he does go on to better my tally of 194 goals then I would have to turn round, hold my hands up and say, ‘well done’, because not many players hang around at a club that long nowadays.

If Jordan goes on to break my record it’ll mean he’ll have stayed at the club for a long time.

Here’s hoping that’s what happens – and here’s hoping he keeps banging the goals in.

Comments (54)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:22pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super Claret says...

As a convert to the cause, i wish B*rnley were not the sloppy seconds of East Lancashire football.

We should call B*rnley fans "sloppies" from now on.

Keep Darwen Green come back, I/we need you.

Rovers for ever.
As a convert to the cause, i wish B*rnley were not the sloppy seconds of East Lancashire football. We should call B*rnley fans "sloppies" from now on. Keep Darwen Green come back, I/we need you. Rovers for ever. Super Claret
  • Score: -1

4:28pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super Claret says...

...when i move to Shadsworth I'll feel more comfortable with B*rnley being sloppy seconds in everything they do compared to Blackburn Rovers. However, i still share a damp bedsit in Padiham with a pimp from B*rnley who regularly treats me like a rent boy the analogy is a little too close to home. Quite literally.

Rovers for ever.
...when i move to Shadsworth I'll feel more comfortable with B*rnley being sloppy seconds in everything they do compared to Blackburn Rovers. However, i still share a damp bedsit in Padiham with a pimp from B*rnley who regularly treats me like a rent boy the analogy is a little too close to home. Quite literally. Rovers for ever. Super Claret
  • Score: -4

4:41pm Fri 18 Jul 14

claret777 says...

Venkys will announce soon they are leaving....Onion Bhaji.
Venkys will announce soon they are leaving....Onion Bhaji. claret777
  • Score: -10

4:54pm Fri 18 Jul 14

WheresYourFamousSuicide? says...

Another two or three seasons should see him pass you Simon :-)
Another two or three seasons should see him pass you Simon :-) WheresYourFamousSuicide?
  • Score: 7

5:36pm Fri 18 Jul 14

cedar67 says...

Super Claret wrote:
As a convert to the cause, i wish B*rnley were not the sloppy seconds of East Lancashire football.

We should call B*rnley fans "sloppies" from now on.

Keep Darwen Green come back, I/we need you.

Rovers for ever.
OMG you're getting worse.
[quote][p][bold]Super Claret[/bold] wrote: As a convert to the cause, i wish B*rnley were not the sloppy seconds of East Lancashire football. We should call B*rnley fans "sloppies" from now on. Keep Darwen Green come back, I/we need you. Rovers for ever.[/p][/quote]OMG you're getting worse. cedar67
  • Score: 6

5:47pm Fri 18 Jul 14

tall in the saddle says...

New signings in January? I’d love to know what he’s on this chap.
New signings in January? I’d love to know what he’s on this chap. tall in the saddle
  • Score: -7

6:10pm Fri 18 Jul 14

greenscreener says...

I think GB has to start this season with a positive belief that he is starting this season with the squad that can get the job done.

I don't think there will be the luxury of thinking we can a buy and improve things at Christmas, we need points in the bag and FFP is still going to have some impact, and to rely on the transfer window being an option would be a serious mistake.
I think GB has to start this season with a positive belief that he is starting this season with the squad that can get the job done. I don't think there will be the luxury of thinking we can a buy and improve things at Christmas, we need points in the bag and FFP is still going to have some impact, and to rely on the transfer window being an option would be a serious mistake. greenscreener
  • Score: 12

6:23pm Fri 18 Jul 14

bluebruce says...

Ummm. Aren't we going to have a transfer embargo in January?
Ummm. Aren't we going to have a transfer embargo in January? bluebruce
  • Score: 5

6:51pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Harwoodstblue says...

bluebruce wrote:
Ummm. Aren't we going to have a transfer embargo in January?
Well we might but so will most of the Championship. Best to get the squad finished now though, just in case.
[quote][p][bold]bluebruce[/bold] wrote: Ummm. Aren't we going to have a transfer embargo in January?[/p][/quote]Well we might but so will most of the Championship. Best to get the squad finished now though, just in case. Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 7

7:19pm Fri 18 Jul 14

j bee says...

most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division
most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division j bee
  • Score: -13

7:56pm Fri 18 Jul 14

greenscreener says...

j bee wrote:
most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division
You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?
[quote][p][bold]j bee[/bold] wrote: most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division[/p][/quote]You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ? greenscreener
  • Score: 12

8:11pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

Super Claret wrote:
As a convert to the cause, i wish B*rnley were not the sloppy seconds of East Lancashire football.

We should call B*rnley fans "sloppies" from now on.

Keep Darwen Green come back, I/we need you.

Rovers for ever.
I have utterly destroyed you haven't I TurfMoorTom....

LOL!

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley...
[quote][p][bold]Super Claret[/bold] wrote: As a convert to the cause, i wish B*rnley were not the sloppy seconds of East Lancashire football. We should call B*rnley fans "sloppies" from now on. Keep Darwen Green come back, I/we need you. Rovers for ever.[/p][/quote]I have utterly destroyed you haven't I TurfMoorTom.... LOL! Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley... Super CIaret
  • Score: -7

8:17pm Fri 18 Jul 14

noddy57 says...

greenscreener wrote:
j bee wrote:
most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division
You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?
Cheap comment about a very good forward who never shirked his responsibilities and left a great legacy at Ewood that many fans like myself are proud to have seen him play.
[quote][p][bold]greenscreener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]j bee[/bold] wrote: most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division[/p][/quote]You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?[/p][/quote]Cheap comment about a very good forward who never shirked his responsibilities and left a great legacy at Ewood that many fans like myself are proud to have seen him play. noddy57
  • Score: 13

8:23pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

Poor old simple Simon, he has no concept of the financial tsunami about to engulf Blackburn Rovers... they tried to explain it to the shaved ape but it just wont sink it, a bit like the result of the Blackburn Rovers v Burnley game on March the 9th, he simply denies it ever happened.
Poor old simple Simon, he has no concept of the financial tsunami about to engulf Blackburn Rovers... they tried to explain it to the shaved ape but it just wont sink it, a bit like the result of the Blackburn Rovers v Burnley game on March the 9th, he simply denies it ever happened. Super CIaret
  • Score: -3

8:24pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

January 2015....

coming to a football stadium near you.....

brought to you by Venky's....

staring the cast of Blackburn Rovers....

They thought it could never happen to them.....

They thought the worst was over....

They were wrong.......

and now they will pay the price in Shebby Singh's gripping thriller......

FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON!
January 2015.... coming to a football stadium near you..... brought to you by Venky's.... staring the cast of Blackburn Rovers.... They thought it could never happen to them..... They thought the worst was over.... They were wrong....... and now they will pay the price in Shebby Singh's gripping thriller...... FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON! Super CIaret
  • Score: -8

8:49pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant.

This is my favourite bit....

"If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it."

Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying
-dirtbag.
Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant. This is my favourite bit.... "If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it." Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying -dirtbag. Super CIaret
  • Score: -5

9:26pm Fri 18 Jul 14

jack went up says...

Super CIaret wrote:
Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant.

This is my favourite bit....

"If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it."

Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying

-dirtbag.
As opposed to the genius at turf moor that fully comprehend the equation 60 million premiership money= signing what we already had + reserve players from championship + pull the wool over all the burnley fans eyes + even getting away with putting up the season tickets without the numptys even putting up a fight. Steven hawkin would be proud of that one genius.
[quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant. This is my favourite bit.... "If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it." Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying -dirtbag.[/p][/quote]As opposed to the genius at turf moor that fully comprehend the equation 60 million premiership money= signing what we already had + reserve players from championship + pull the wool over all the burnley fans eyes + even getting away with putting up the season tickets without the numptys even putting up a fight. Steven hawkin would be proud of that one genius. jack went up
  • Score: 8

9:36pm Fri 18 Jul 14

j bee says...

noddy57 wrote:
greenscreener wrote:
j bee wrote:
most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division
You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?
Cheap comment about a very good forward who never shirked his responsibilities and left a great legacy at Ewood that many fans like myself are proud to have seen him play.
i was on ewood 1946 after war just saying he was no were near good enough to play in top div , thats even when he scored plenty goals and no big clubs came in for him
[quote][p][bold]noddy57[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]greenscreener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]j bee[/bold] wrote: most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division[/p][/quote]You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?[/p][/quote]Cheap comment about a very good forward who never shirked his responsibilities and left a great legacy at Ewood that many fans like myself are proud to have seen him play.[/p][/quote]i was on ewood 1946 after war just saying he was no were near good enough to play in top div , thats even when he scored plenty goals and no big clubs came in for him j bee
  • Score: -6

9:53pm Fri 18 Jul 14

greenscreener says...

j bee wrote:
noddy57 wrote:
greenscreener wrote:
j bee wrote:
most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division
You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?
Cheap comment about a very good forward who never shirked his responsibilities and left a great legacy at Ewood that many fans like myself are proud to have seen him play.
i was on ewood 1946 after war just saying he was no were near good enough to play in top div , thats even when he scored plenty goals and no big clubs came in for him
It's an unfortunate coincidence then that you regularly post negative remarks about Rovers and share a name with the Burnley mascot .
[quote][p][bold]j bee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]noddy57[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]greenscreener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]j bee[/bold] wrote: most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division[/p][/quote]You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?[/p][/quote]Cheap comment about a very good forward who never shirked his responsibilities and left a great legacy at Ewood that many fans like myself are proud to have seen him play.[/p][/quote]i was on ewood 1946 after war just saying he was no were near good enough to play in top div , thats even when he scored plenty goals and no big clubs came in for him[/p][/quote]It's an unfortunate coincidence then that you regularly post negative remarks about Rovers and share a name with the Burnley mascot . greenscreener
  • Score: 12

9:57pm Fri 18 Jul 14

keanoutofrovers says...

Super CIaret wrote:
Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant.

This is my favourite bit....

"If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it."

Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying

-dirtbag.
This has got to be one of the worst days of your life !!!!

Finally realising that Blackburn won't be facing an embargo in January. Think of all the hours you have wasted trolling about Jordan Rhodes being sold, administration and now FFP all for nothing. OOOOPPPPSS
[quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant. This is my favourite bit.... "If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it." Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying -dirtbag.[/p][/quote]This has got to be one of the worst days of your life !!!! Finally realising that Blackburn won't be facing an embargo in January. Think of all the hours you have wasted trolling about Jordan Rhodes being sold, administration and now FFP all for nothing. OOOOPPPPSS keanoutofrovers
  • Score: 11

10:30pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

keanoutofrovers wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant.

This is my favourite bit....

"If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it."

Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying


-dirtbag.
This has got to be one of the worst days of your life !!!!

Finally realising that Blackburn won't be facing an embargo in January. Think of all the hours you have wasted trolling about Jordan Rhodes being sold, administration and now FFP all for nothing. OOOOPPPPSS
I just LOVE the FFP deny'ers... you clowns are in for a heck of a shock when the BRFC accounts are made public in December. It will be almost as funny to read your desperate pleas for exemption on these very comments pages as it will be to read the figures themselves.....

You have a wage bill that was reported to be well over £30m for the last accounting period. You have reduced the squad numbers by jettisoning a large number of make-weights on low salaries. The high earners you have had to pay to leave at a cost of millions, over £3.5m in actual fact. You've also lost an additional £8m in parachute payments, and added several more players to your squad on upwards of £10k a week, and the icing on the cake..... a 5-year £53,000 a week contract to keep Jordan Rhodes happy..... and you honestly think the controlling body is going to look favourably on this and accept that you have made inroads into reducing your losses?

Face the facts, your club is without doubt a shambles, but the extent of the financial mismanagement is going to be absolutely shocking come December. This is not a Claret wishlist, this is simply a deduction based upon the freely available facts and figures regarding your clubs expenses over the last few seasons.

I bet you wont be saying OOOOPPPPSS in January will you?
[quote][p][bold]keanoutofrovers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant. This is my favourite bit.... "If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it." Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying -dirtbag.[/p][/quote]This has got to be one of the worst days of your life !!!! Finally realising that Blackburn won't be facing an embargo in January. Think of all the hours you have wasted trolling about Jordan Rhodes being sold, administration and now FFP all for nothing. OOOOPPPPSS[/p][/quote]I just LOVE the FFP deny'ers... you clowns are in for a heck of a shock when the BRFC accounts are made public in December. It will be almost as funny to read your desperate pleas for exemption on these very comments pages as it will be to read the figures themselves..... You have a wage bill that was reported to be well over £30m for the last accounting period. You have reduced the squad numbers by jettisoning a large number of make-weights on low salaries. The high earners you have had to pay to leave at a cost of millions, over £3.5m in actual fact. You've also lost an additional £8m in parachute payments, and added several more players to your squad on upwards of £10k a week, and the icing on the cake..... a 5-year £53,000 a week contract to keep Jordan Rhodes happy..... and you honestly think the controlling body is going to look favourably on this and accept that you have made inroads into reducing your losses? Face the facts, your club is without doubt a shambles, but the extent of the financial mismanagement is going to be absolutely shocking come December. This is not a Claret wishlist, this is simply a deduction based upon the freely available facts and figures regarding your clubs expenses over the last few seasons. I bet you wont be saying OOOOPPPPSS in January will you? Super CIaret
  • Score: -7

12:32am Sat 19 Jul 14

Warnie says...

Simon clearly has not heard of FFP. No incomings in Jan Im afraid.
Simon clearly has not heard of FFP. No incomings in Jan Im afraid. Warnie
  • Score: -4

12:51am Sat 19 Jul 14

Super Claret . says...

Super CIaret wrote:
Poor old simple Simon, he has no concept of the financial tsunami about to engulf Blackburn Rovers... they tried to explain it to the shaved ape but it just wont sink it, a bit like the result of the Blackburn Rovers v Burnley game on March the 9th, he simply denies it ever happened.
But then I deny the last 35 years so spose its okay.
Im soooooo obsessed with FFP yet know nothing about it lol
Im such a knob
[quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: Poor old simple Simon, he has no concept of the financial tsunami about to engulf Blackburn Rovers... they tried to explain it to the shaved ape but it just wont sink it, a bit like the result of the Blackburn Rovers v Burnley game on March the 9th, he simply denies it ever happened.[/p][/quote]But then I deny the last 35 years so spose its okay. Im soooooo obsessed with FFP yet know nothing about it lol Im such a knob Super Claret .
  • Score: 6

12:59am Sat 19 Jul 14

Still a Wild Rover says...

Super CIaret wrote:
keanoutofrovers wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant.

This is my favourite bit....

"If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it."

Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying



-dirtbag.
This has got to be one of the worst days of your life !!!!

Finally realising that Blackburn won't be facing an embargo in January. Think of all the hours you have wasted trolling about Jordan Rhodes being sold, administration and now FFP all for nothing. OOOOPPPPSS
I just LOVE the FFP deny'ers... you clowns are in for a heck of a shock when the BRFC accounts are made public in December. It will be almost as funny to read your desperate pleas for exemption on these very comments pages as it will be to read the figures themselves.....

You have a wage bill that was reported to be well over £30m for the last accounting period. You have reduced the squad numbers by jettisoning a large number of make-weights on low salaries. The high earners you have had to pay to leave at a cost of millions, over £3.5m in actual fact. You've also lost an additional £8m in parachute payments, and added several more players to your squad on upwards of £10k a week, and the icing on the cake..... a 5-year £53,000 a week contract to keep Jordan Rhodes happy..... and you honestly think the controlling body is going to look favourably on this and accept that you have made inroads into reducing your losses?

Face the facts, your club is without doubt a shambles, but the extent of the financial mismanagement is going to be absolutely shocking come December. This is not a Claret wishlist, this is simply a deduction based upon the freely available facts and figures regarding your clubs expenses over the last few seasons.

I bet you wont be saying OOOOPPPPSS in January will you?
No just laughing at you as you finally see the light and realise that the Rovers board are just a bit more clever than you...
You are going to be so disappointed, I almost feel sorry for you. Almost but not quite
But as I said earlier, you are just a troll and not worth the effort
Last word from the Wild Rover
Armageddon out of here.......
[quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]keanoutofrovers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant. This is my favourite bit.... "If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it." Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying -dirtbag.[/p][/quote]This has got to be one of the worst days of your life !!!! Finally realising that Blackburn won't be facing an embargo in January. Think of all the hours you have wasted trolling about Jordan Rhodes being sold, administration and now FFP all for nothing. OOOOPPPPSS[/p][/quote]I just LOVE the FFP deny'ers... you clowns are in for a heck of a shock when the BRFC accounts are made public in December. It will be almost as funny to read your desperate pleas for exemption on these very comments pages as it will be to read the figures themselves..... You have a wage bill that was reported to be well over £30m for the last accounting period. You have reduced the squad numbers by jettisoning a large number of make-weights on low salaries. The high earners you have had to pay to leave at a cost of millions, over £3.5m in actual fact. You've also lost an additional £8m in parachute payments, and added several more players to your squad on upwards of £10k a week, and the icing on the cake..... a 5-year £53,000 a week contract to keep Jordan Rhodes happy..... and you honestly think the controlling body is going to look favourably on this and accept that you have made inroads into reducing your losses? Face the facts, your club is without doubt a shambles, but the extent of the financial mismanagement is going to be absolutely shocking come December. This is not a Claret wishlist, this is simply a deduction based upon the freely available facts and figures regarding your clubs expenses over the last few seasons. I bet you wont be saying OOOOPPPPSS in January will you?[/p][/quote]No just laughing at you as you finally see the light and realise that the Rovers board are just a bit more clever than you... You are going to be so disappointed, I almost feel sorry for you. Almost but not quite But as I said earlier, you are just a troll and not worth the effort Last word from the Wild Rover Armageddon out of here....... Still a Wild Rover
  • Score: 7

1:30am Sat 19 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

LOL a no-dad claiming Venky's know what they're doing....

You couldn't make it up! Denial at its very finest.

It's going to be spectacular when they release those figures....
LOL a no-dad claiming Venky's know what they're doing.... You couldn't make it up! Denial at its very finest. It's going to be spectacular when they release those figures.... Super CIaret
  • Score: -7

2:04am Sat 19 Jul 14

noddy57 says...

When your fate is finally sealed in may next year you will all be absent from our site wont you ? and it will only be for that one reason . you cannot accept your brief fling with the big time was just that,,,,brief. C O Y B.
When your fate is finally sealed in may next year you will all be absent from our site wont you ? and it will only be for that one reason . you cannot accept your brief fling with the big time was just that,,,,brief. C O Y B. noddy57
  • Score: 1

7:45am Sat 19 Jul 14

owd nick says...

bluebruce wrote:
Ummm. Aren't we going to have a transfer embargo in January?
We don't know is the simple answer, no-one does.

Look at it this way, if the FA apply the rules in a draconian way around 75% of clubs will face fines and a transfer embargo, they can't just pick on one or two clubs, they have to be even handed, and a lot of clubs are in a much worse financial state than Rovers.

That's sort of like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Of the remaining 25% or so the majority are barely breaking even, so they won't be able to buy anyone and as clubs in the lower leagues still rely on transfer income to survive the FA will simply have pulled the plug on them.

The FA have painted themselves in a corner with this ill thought out method of applying FFP, I for one can't wait to see what happens.
[quote][p][bold]bluebruce[/bold] wrote: Ummm. Aren't we going to have a transfer embargo in January?[/p][/quote]We don't know is the simple answer, no-one does. Look at it this way, if the FA apply the rules in a draconian way around 75% of clubs will face fines and a transfer embargo, they can't just pick on one or two clubs, they have to be even handed, and a lot of clubs are in a much worse financial state than Rovers. That's sort of like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Of the remaining 25% or so the majority are barely breaking even, so they won't be able to buy anyone and as clubs in the lower leagues still rely on transfer income to survive the FA will simply have pulled the plug on them. The FA have painted themselves in a corner with this ill thought out method of applying FFP, I for one can't wait to see what happens. owd nick
  • Score: 5

7:49am Sat 19 Jul 14

owd nick says...

j bee wrote:
noddy57 wrote:
greenscreener wrote:
j bee wrote:
most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division
You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?
Cheap comment about a very good forward who never shirked his responsibilities and left a great legacy at Ewood that many fans like myself are proud to have seen him play.
i was on ewood 1946 after war just saying he was no were near good enough to play in top div , thats even when he scored plenty goals and no big clubs came in for him
Of course you were; when did you actually visit, was the ground open and did they know you were there?

There was a burglary at Ewood in 1946 come to think of it....
[quote][p][bold]j bee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]noddy57[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]greenscreener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]j bee[/bold] wrote: most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division[/p][/quote]You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?[/p][/quote]Cheap comment about a very good forward who never shirked his responsibilities and left a great legacy at Ewood that many fans like myself are proud to have seen him play.[/p][/quote]i was on ewood 1946 after war just saying he was no were near good enough to play in top div , thats even when he scored plenty goals and no big clubs came in for him[/p][/quote]Of course you were; when did you actually visit, was the ground open and did they know you were there? There was a burglary at Ewood in 1946 come to think of it.... owd nick
  • Score: 2

8:04am Sat 19 Jul 14

darwen rover says...

Simon Garner destroyed Burnley in the 80's.....FACT.
Simon Garner destroyed Burnley in the 80's.....FACT. darwen rover
  • Score: 4

8:31am Sat 19 Jul 14

Warnie says...

"a lot of clubs are in a much worse financial state than Rovers"

ha ha ha ha . now that is funny. I'd love to know who the "lot" are ha ha. Maybe Bolton are a bit of a basket case but Id rather have there owner than Venkys. Leeds perhaps another basket case.

Go on lets here who these lots of clubs are ha ha ha.
"a lot of clubs are in a much worse financial state than Rovers" ha ha ha ha . now that is funny. I'd love to know who the "lot" are ha ha. Maybe Bolton are a bit of a basket case but Id rather have there owner than Venkys. Leeds perhaps another basket case. Go on lets here who these lots of clubs are ha ha ha. Warnie
  • Score: -2

8:54am Sat 19 Jul 14

accylongside says...

Still a Wild Rover wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
keanoutofrovers wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant.

This is my favourite bit....

"If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it."

Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying




-dirtbag.
This has got to be one of the worst days of your life !!!!

Finally realising that Blackburn won't be facing an embargo in January. Think of all the hours you have wasted trolling about Jordan Rhodes being sold, administration and now FFP all for nothing. OOOOPPPPSS
I just LOVE the FFP deny'ers... you clowns are in for a heck of a shock when the BRFC accounts are made public in December. It will be almost as funny to read your desperate pleas for exemption on these very comments pages as it will be to read the figures themselves.....

You have a wage bill that was reported to be well over £30m for the last accounting period. You have reduced the squad numbers by jettisoning a large number of make-weights on low salaries. The high earners you have had to pay to leave at a cost of millions, over £3.5m in actual fact. You've also lost an additional £8m in parachute payments, and added several more players to your squad on upwards of £10k a week, and the icing on the cake..... a 5-year £53,000 a week contract to keep Jordan Rhodes happy..... and you honestly think the controlling body is going to look favourably on this and accept that you have made inroads into reducing your losses?

Face the facts, your club is without doubt a shambles, but the extent of the financial mismanagement is going to be absolutely shocking come December. This is not a Claret wishlist, this is simply a deduction based upon the freely available facts and figures regarding your clubs expenses over the last few seasons.

I bet you wont be saying OOOOPPPPSS in January will you?
No just laughing at you as you finally see the light and realise that the Rovers board are just a bit more clever than you...
You are going to be so disappointed, I almost feel sorry for you. Almost but not quite
But as I said earlier, you are just a troll and not worth the effort
Last word from the Wild Rover
Armageddon out of here.......
The Rovers board clever. You couldn't make it up. The disturbing mixture of arrogance and ignorance from the no dads is quite alarming. Wake up guys, smell the coffee, big fat Jack's money has all gone. You will finish no higher than mid table as your slide to the footballing mediocrity you deserve continues. FPP is imminent.
[quote][p][bold]Still a Wild Rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]keanoutofrovers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant. This is my favourite bit.... "If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it." Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying -dirtbag.[/p][/quote]This has got to be one of the worst days of your life !!!! Finally realising that Blackburn won't be facing an embargo in January. Think of all the hours you have wasted trolling about Jordan Rhodes being sold, administration and now FFP all for nothing. OOOOPPPPSS[/p][/quote]I just LOVE the FFP deny'ers... you clowns are in for a heck of a shock when the BRFC accounts are made public in December. It will be almost as funny to read your desperate pleas for exemption on these very comments pages as it will be to read the figures themselves..... You have a wage bill that was reported to be well over £30m for the last accounting period. You have reduced the squad numbers by jettisoning a large number of make-weights on low salaries. The high earners you have had to pay to leave at a cost of millions, over £3.5m in actual fact. You've also lost an additional £8m in parachute payments, and added several more players to your squad on upwards of £10k a week, and the icing on the cake..... a 5-year £53,000 a week contract to keep Jordan Rhodes happy..... and you honestly think the controlling body is going to look favourably on this and accept that you have made inroads into reducing your losses? Face the facts, your club is without doubt a shambles, but the extent of the financial mismanagement is going to be absolutely shocking come December. This is not a Claret wishlist, this is simply a deduction based upon the freely available facts and figures regarding your clubs expenses over the last few seasons. I bet you wont be saying OOOOPPPPSS in January will you?[/p][/quote]No just laughing at you as you finally see the light and realise that the Rovers board are just a bit more clever than you... You are going to be so disappointed, I almost feel sorry for you. Almost but not quite But as I said earlier, you are just a troll and not worth the effort Last word from the Wild Rover Armageddon out of here.......[/p][/quote]The Rovers board clever. You couldn't make it up. The disturbing mixture of arrogance and ignorance from the no dads is quite alarming. Wake up guys, smell the coffee, big fat Jack's money has all gone. You will finish no higher than mid table as your slide to the footballing mediocrity you deserve continues. FPP is imminent. accylongside
  • Score: -1

9:09am Sat 19 Jul 14

j bee says...

greenscreener wrote:
j bee wrote:
most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division
You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?
GARNER SCORED 168 GOALS IN 474 GAMES FOR ROVERS WITH 192 IN TOTAL IN 584 GAMES IN HIS FOOTBALL LIFE, BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS ANDY LOCAL BOY PAYTON 201 GOALS IN 501 GAMES SOME OF THEM FOR THE MIGHTY CELTIC LOOK IT UP IF YOU DONT BELEIVE IT AS YOU ITS A FACT,, LOVE LOOKING UP STATS
[quote][p][bold]greenscreener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]j bee[/bold] wrote: most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division[/p][/quote]You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?[/p][/quote]GARNER SCORED 168 GOALS IN 474 GAMES FOR ROVERS WITH 192 IN TOTAL IN 584 GAMES IN HIS FOOTBALL LIFE, BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS ANDY LOCAL BOY PAYTON 201 GOALS IN 501 GAMES SOME OF THEM FOR THE MIGHTY CELTIC LOOK IT UP IF YOU DONT BELEIVE IT AS YOU ITS A FACT,, LOVE LOOKING UP STATS j bee
  • Score: -8

9:55am Sat 19 Jul 14

Forever Blue says...

j bee wrote:
greenscreener wrote:
j bee wrote:
most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division
You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?
GARNER SCORED 168 GOALS IN 474 GAMES FOR ROVERS WITH 192 IN TOTAL IN 584 GAMES IN HIS FOOTBALL LIFE, BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS ANDY LOCAL BOY PAYTON 201 GOALS IN 501 GAMES SOME OF THEM FOR THE MIGHTY CELTIC LOOK IT UP IF YOU DONT BELEIVE IT AS YOU ITS A FACT,, LOVE LOOKING UP STATS
Anybody selling a large second hand wardrobe.
[quote][p][bold]j bee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]greenscreener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]j bee[/bold] wrote: most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division[/p][/quote]You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?[/p][/quote]GARNER SCORED 168 GOALS IN 474 GAMES FOR ROVERS WITH 192 IN TOTAL IN 584 GAMES IN HIS FOOTBALL LIFE, BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS ANDY LOCAL BOY PAYTON 201 GOALS IN 501 GAMES SOME OF THEM FOR THE MIGHTY CELTIC LOOK IT UP IF YOU DONT BELEIVE IT AS YOU ITS A FACT,, LOVE LOOKING UP STATS[/p][/quote]Anybody selling a large second hand wardrobe. Forever Blue
  • Score: 4

10:21am Sat 19 Jul 14

tall in the saddle says...

Super CIaret wrote:
Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant.

This is my favourite bit....

"If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it."

Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying

-dirtbag.
I’m not sure I think getting Dunne to re-sign is a coup.
[quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: Simon Gurner doesn't know what day it is, so an explanation including terms such as transfer embargo and financial mismanagement would be like trying to teach a chimp Quantum physics. he's just going to stand there scratching his ar5e looking vacant. This is my favourite bit.... "If he needs to dive back in the market then – and his budget allows him to do so – that will be the time to do it." Comedy gold once again from the derby-defeat-denying -dirtbag.[/p][/quote]I’m not sure I think getting Dunne to re-sign is a coup. tall in the saddle
  • Score: 0

10:51am Sat 19 Jul 14

bluebruce says...

owd nick wrote:
bluebruce wrote:
Ummm. Aren't we going to have a transfer embargo in January?
We don't know is the simple answer, no-one does.

Look at it this way, if the FA apply the rules in a draconian way around 75% of clubs will face fines and a transfer embargo, they can't just pick on one or two clubs, they have to be even handed, and a lot of clubs are in a much worse financial state than Rovers.

That's sort of like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Of the remaining 25% or so the majority are barely breaking even, so they won't be able to buy anyone and as clubs in the lower leagues still rely on transfer income to survive the FA will simply have pulled the plug on them.

The FA have painted themselves in a corner with this ill thought out method of applying FFP, I for one can't wait to see what happens.
It's hardly worth risking it, is it? The fact we are very likely to have a transfer embargo in January means the fact the LT even let this be published is extremely shoddy.
[quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bluebruce[/bold] wrote: Ummm. Aren't we going to have a transfer embargo in January?[/p][/quote]We don't know is the simple answer, no-one does. Look at it this way, if the FA apply the rules in a draconian way around 75% of clubs will face fines and a transfer embargo, they can't just pick on one or two clubs, they have to be even handed, and a lot of clubs are in a much worse financial state than Rovers. That's sort of like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Of the remaining 25% or so the majority are barely breaking even, so they won't be able to buy anyone and as clubs in the lower leagues still rely on transfer income to survive the FA will simply have pulled the plug on them. The FA have painted themselves in a corner with this ill thought out method of applying FFP, I for one can't wait to see what happens.[/p][/quote]It's hardly worth risking it, is it? The fact we are very likely to have a transfer embargo in January means the fact the LT even let this be published is extremely shoddy. bluebruce
  • Score: 1

11:47am Sat 19 Jul 14

Chuck Norris' Roundhouse says...

Looks like Simon Garner has headed too many heavy balls in his career. Buy players in January? What planet is he on?
Blackburn aren't buying any players in January because FFP is going to drybum you into submission.
This IS going to happen, the Football League ( of which Blackburn are a member) have voted for this to happen, Venkys along with most of the goons on this site, are sat there with their fingers in their ears singing la la la I am not listening.
Pmsl and then you INCREASE Rhodes' wage??? Fcucking clueless.
Looks like Simon Garner has headed too many heavy balls in his career. Buy players in January? What planet is he on? Blackburn aren't buying any players in January because FFP is going to drybum you into submission. This IS going to happen, the Football League ( of which Blackburn are a member) have voted for this to happen, Venkys along with most of the goons on this site, are sat there with their fingers in their ears singing la la la I am not listening. Pmsl and then you INCREASE Rhodes' wage??? Fcucking clueless. Chuck Norris' Roundhouse
  • Score: -3

11:59am Sat 19 Jul 14

A Darener says...

I could have scored goals for Celtic. Scottish football? You're having a Laff!
I could have scored goals for Celtic. Scottish football? You're having a Laff! A Darener
  • Score: 5

12:48pm Sat 19 Jul 14

bring back the good old days says...

The theory behind FFP, is not all that ridiculous in that something needs to be done to curtail 'reckless financial activities'.
However, you have to go back to the root cause of why this is. And the buck stops at the FA's door in grabbing the 'lure' from Sky.
They have created a financial monster that is out of control, and who is going to suffer, the ones striving to succeed and dine at the top table.
This has tipped the balance heavily in favour of the elite 6 or so, who can happily scrap it out for the top honours for the foreseeable.
Yes, before I am educated, BFC have indeed made the leap on the cheap and will deservedly reap the riches, but where are the riches going to end up and what level of cost is it now to attend the Turf (hence the low gates) ?
Re; BFC - Blackpool FC !
It is very 'noble' of KO to stand his ground in decrying the situation, but it still remains - where has their windfall gone??? And what state are they now in despite their success/achievement (as great as the other BFC recently)?

All fine words and theories, but I cannot take the term 'fair' within the FFP title seriously, as in big business (which is what professional football is these days) things are very, very rarely 'fair'.

This applies to all 'lesser clubs' not just BRFC, BFC, BFC, PNE , BWFC etc.
The theory behind FFP, is not all that ridiculous in that something needs to be done to curtail 'reckless financial activities'. However, you have to go back to the root cause of why this is. And the buck stops at the FA's door in grabbing the 'lure' from Sky. They have created a financial monster that is out of control, and who is going to suffer, the ones striving to succeed and dine at the top table. This has tipped the balance heavily in favour of the elite 6 or so, who can happily scrap it out for the top honours for the foreseeable. Yes, before I am educated, BFC have indeed made the leap on the cheap and will deservedly reap the riches, but where are the riches going to end up and what level of cost is it now to attend the Turf (hence the low gates) ? Re; BFC - Blackpool FC ! It is very 'noble' of KO to stand his ground in decrying the situation, but it still remains - where has their windfall gone??? And what state are they now in despite their success/achievement (as great as the other BFC recently)? All fine words and theories, but I cannot take the term 'fair' within the FFP title seriously, as in big business (which is what professional football is these days) things are very, very rarely 'fair'. This applies to all 'lesser clubs' not just BRFC, BFC, BFC, PNE , BWFC etc. bring back the good old days
  • Score: 2

1:43pm Sat 19 Jul 14

MattNewcastle says...

Simon I disagree

Goalkeeping lapses cist us dear last seaso.

Robo is not as agile as he used to be and was beaten to easily at times especially from long distance.

The goalkeeping situation has slipped under the radar

Jason Steele would have been a major summer target for me

As for Right Back what has plenty of cover got to do with it if all three options are at best average it will still remain a weakness.
Simon I disagree Goalkeeping lapses cist us dear last seaso. Robo is not as agile as he used to be and was beaten to easily at times especially from long distance. The goalkeeping situation has slipped under the radar Jason Steele would have been a major summer target for me As for Right Back what has plenty of cover got to do with it if all three options are at best average it will still remain a weakness. MattNewcastle
  • Score: 0

4:09pm Sat 19 Jul 14

j bee says...

Warnie wrote:
"a lot of clubs are in a much worse financial state than Rovers"

ha ha ha ha . now that is funny. I'd love to know who the "lot" are ha ha. Maybe Bolton are a bit of a basket case but Id rather have there owner than Venkys. Leeds perhaps another basket case.

Go on lets here who these lots of clubs are ha ha ha.
you young 1995 fans no nowt and seen nowt and only like it if people agree with every thing you say
[quote][p][bold]Warnie[/bold] wrote: "a lot of clubs are in a much worse financial state than Rovers" ha ha ha ha . now that is funny. I'd love to know who the "lot" are ha ha. Maybe Bolton are a bit of a basket case but Id rather have there owner than Venkys. Leeds perhaps another basket case. Go on lets here who these lots of clubs are ha ha ha.[/p][/quote]you young 1995 fans no nowt and seen nowt and only like it if people agree with every thing you say j bee
  • Score: -7

4:09pm Sat 19 Jul 14

j bee says...

Warnie wrote:
"a lot of clubs are in a much worse financial state than Rovers"

ha ha ha ha . now that is funny. I'd love to know who the "lot" are ha ha. Maybe Bolton are a bit of a basket case but Id rather have there owner than Venkys. Leeds perhaps another basket case.

Go on lets here who these lots of clubs are ha ha ha.
you young 1995 fans no nowt and seen nowt and only like it if people agree with every thing you say
[quote][p][bold]Warnie[/bold] wrote: "a lot of clubs are in a much worse financial state than Rovers" ha ha ha ha . now that is funny. I'd love to know who the "lot" are ha ha. Maybe Bolton are a bit of a basket case but Id rather have there owner than Venkys. Leeds perhaps another basket case. Go on lets here who these lots of clubs are ha ha ha.[/p][/quote]you young 1995 fans no nowt and seen nowt and only like it if people agree with every thing you say j bee
  • Score: -5

4:12pm Sat 19 Jul 14

AnotherPounding4BurnIey says...

More signings in January? Wow, let's have a look who at who the Leagues 1 and 2 are letting go next summer cos they'll be free.
I reckon we should get that Wallace from Burnley. He'd be great on the chicken wing and he could take turns with David Grandad Dunn at going to the KFC for our half time chow-down.
Bargain bucket for the bargain basementers.
Neigh
More signings in January? Wow, let's have a look who at who the Leagues 1 and 2 are letting go next summer cos they'll be free. I reckon we should get that Wallace from Burnley. He'd be great on the chicken wing and he could take turns with David Grandad Dunn at going to the KFC for our half time chow-down. Bargain bucket for the bargain basementers. Neigh AnotherPounding4BurnIey
  • Score: -7

5:10pm Sat 19 Jul 14

owd nick says...

j bee wrote:
greenscreener wrote:
j bee wrote:
most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division
You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?
GARNER SCORED 168 GOALS IN 474 GAMES FOR ROVERS WITH 192 IN TOTAL IN 584 GAMES IN HIS FOOTBALL LIFE, BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS ANDY LOCAL BOY PAYTON 201 GOALS IN 501 GAMES SOME OF THEM FOR THE MIGHTY CELTIC LOOK IT UP IF YOU DONT BELEIVE IT AS YOU ITS A FACT,, LOVE LOOKING UP STATS
Someone's a tad excited.
[quote][p][bold]j bee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]greenscreener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]j bee[/bold] wrote: most of em are like you simon , not good enough for top division[/p][/quote]You seem very quick to knock Mr Garner, so clearly you have some great frame of reference, has anybody ever scored 194 goals playing for Burnley, even when you were bouncing around the lower divisions ?[/p][/quote]GARNER SCORED 168 GOALS IN 474 GAMES FOR ROVERS WITH 192 IN TOTAL IN 584 GAMES IN HIS FOOTBALL LIFE, BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS ANDY LOCAL BOY PAYTON 201 GOALS IN 501 GAMES SOME OF THEM FOR THE MIGHTY CELTIC LOOK IT UP IF YOU DONT BELEIVE IT AS YOU ITS A FACT,, LOVE LOOKING UP STATS[/p][/quote]Someone's a tad excited. owd nick
  • Score: 1

5:31pm Sat 19 Jul 14

owd nick says...

bring back the good old days wrote:
The theory behind FFP, is not all that ridiculous in that something needs to be done to curtail 'reckless financial activities'.
However, you have to go back to the root cause of why this is. And the buck stops at the FA's door in grabbing the 'lure' from Sky.
They have created a financial monster that is out of control, and who is going to suffer, the ones striving to succeed and dine at the top table.
This has tipped the balance heavily in favour of the elite 6 or so, who can happily scrap it out for the top honours for the foreseeable.
Yes, before I am educated, BFC have indeed made the leap on the cheap and will deservedly reap the riches, but where are the riches going to end up and what level of cost is it now to attend the Turf (hence the low gates) ?
Re; BFC - Blackpool FC !
It is very 'noble' of KO to stand his ground in decrying the situation, but it still remains - where has their windfall gone??? And what state are they now in despite their success/achievement (as great as the other BFC recently)?

All fine words and theories, but I cannot take the term 'fair' within the FFP title seriously, as in big business (which is what professional football is these days) things are very, very rarely 'fair'.

This applies to all 'lesser clubs' not just BRFC, BFC, BFC, PNE , BWFC etc.
Fair comment, (no pun intended).

I would also agree with the theory behind FFP provided that every club in each division had spending capped to a set maximum level per annum, with point deduction penalties for any discrepancies rather than fines and transfer embargo's.

But that isn't how it's set up, just look at the money sloshing around the PL right now. FFP is basically there to make the rich clubs richer while the rest flounder, the inevitable outcome will be a franchised European Super League in the non too distant future.

Far fetched? Sky have launched Sky Sports 5 for next season, which is dedicated to European football.

What affect does applying fines to a club already in breach of the rules? It makes the club even more financially unstable., a transfer embargo, ditto.

But a points deduction for the upcoming season would be just as painful.
[quote][p][bold]bring back the good old days[/bold] wrote: The theory behind FFP, is not all that ridiculous in that something needs to be done to curtail 'reckless financial activities'. However, you have to go back to the root cause of why this is. And the buck stops at the FA's door in grabbing the 'lure' from Sky. They have created a financial monster that is out of control, and who is going to suffer, the ones striving to succeed and dine at the top table. This has tipped the balance heavily in favour of the elite 6 or so, who can happily scrap it out for the top honours for the foreseeable. Yes, before I am educated, BFC have indeed made the leap on the cheap and will deservedly reap the riches, but where are the riches going to end up and what level of cost is it now to attend the Turf (hence the low gates) ? Re; BFC - Blackpool FC ! It is very 'noble' of KO to stand his ground in decrying the situation, but it still remains - where has their windfall gone??? And what state are they now in despite their success/achievement (as great as the other BFC recently)? All fine words and theories, but I cannot take the term 'fair' within the FFP title seriously, as in big business (which is what professional football is these days) things are very, very rarely 'fair'. This applies to all 'lesser clubs' not just BRFC, BFC, BFC, PNE , BWFC etc.[/p][/quote]Fair comment, (no pun intended). I would also agree with the theory behind FFP provided that every club in each division had spending capped to a set maximum level per annum, with point deduction penalties for any discrepancies rather than fines and transfer embargo's. But that isn't how it's set up, just look at the money sloshing around the PL right now. FFP is basically there to make the rich clubs richer while the rest flounder, the inevitable outcome will be a franchised European Super League in the non too distant future. Far fetched? Sky have launched Sky Sports 5 for next season, which is dedicated to European football. What affect does applying fines to a club already in breach of the rules? It makes the club even more financially unstable., a transfer embargo, ditto. But a points deduction for the upcoming season would be just as painful. owd nick
  • Score: 2

5:53pm Sat 19 Jul 14

A Darener says...

F...inancially
F...lawed
P...athetic
F...inancially F...lawed P...athetic A Darener
  • Score: 1

10:27pm Sat 19 Jul 14

doggydog says...

Thought it was April the 1st when i read this story! So funny, it has to be a joke! Right?
Thought it was April the 1st when i read this story! So funny, it has to be a joke! Right? doggydog
  • Score: -2

11:41pm Sat 19 Jul 14

Stone Island: says...

doggydog wrote:
Thought it was April the 1st when i read this story! So funny, it has to be a joke! Right?
We'll finish above you sheep sh@ggers, so wind your neck in FOOL!
[quote][p][bold]doggydog[/bold] wrote: Thought it was April the 1st when i read this story! So funny, it has to be a joke! Right?[/p][/quote]We'll finish above you sheep sh@ggers, so wind your neck in FOOL! Stone Island:
  • Score: -2

9:06am Sun 20 Jul 14

A Darener says...

Stone Island: wrote:
doggydog wrote:
Thought it was April the 1st when i read this story! So funny, it has to be a joke! Right?
We'll finish above you sheep sh@ggers, so wind your neck in FOOL!
Yeh! Maybe. But only one position!
[quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]doggydog[/bold] wrote: Thought it was April the 1st when i read this story! So funny, it has to be a joke! Right?[/p][/quote]We'll finish above you sheep sh@ggers, so wind your neck in FOOL![/p][/quote]Yeh! Maybe. But only one position! A Darener
  • Score: -2

3:30pm Sun 20 Jul 14

Dead Sun Rising says...

darwen rover wrote:
Simon Garner destroyed Burnley in the 80's.....FACT.
Danny Ings destroyed Rovers in 2014. FACT!
[quote][p][bold]darwen rover[/bold] wrote: Simon Garner destroyed Burnley in the 80's.....FACT.[/p][/quote]Danny Ings destroyed Rovers in 2014. FACT! Dead Sun Rising
  • Score: 0

10:55pm Sun 20 Jul 14

owd nick says...

Dead Sun Rising wrote:
darwen rover wrote:
Simon Garner destroyed Burnley in the 80's.....FACT.
Danny Ings destroyed Rovers in 2014. FACT!
One swallow doesn't make a summer, mind you as a Burnley fan it depends what you are swallowing.
[quote][p][bold]Dead Sun Rising[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]darwen rover[/bold] wrote: Simon Garner destroyed Burnley in the 80's.....FACT.[/p][/quote]Danny Ings destroyed Rovers in 2014. FACT![/p][/quote]One swallow doesn't make a summer, mind you as a Burnley fan it depends what you are swallowing. owd nick
  • Score: 1

12:04am Mon 21 Jul 14

Stone Island: says...

Dead Sun Rising wrote:
darwen rover wrote:
Simon Garner destroyed Burnley in the 80's.....FACT.
Danny Ings destroyed Rovers in 2014. FACT!
Don't talk like a tw@. Ings isn't fit to lace Garners boots, you simpleton!
[quote][p][bold]Dead Sun Rising[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]darwen rover[/bold] wrote: Simon Garner destroyed Burnley in the 80's.....FACT.[/p][/quote]Danny Ings destroyed Rovers in 2014. FACT![/p][/quote]Don't talk like a tw@. Ings isn't fit to lace Garners boots, you simpleton! Stone Island:
  • Score: 0

3:57am Mon 21 Jul 14

AnotherPounding4BurnIey says...

Stone Island: wrote:
Dead Sun Rising wrote:
darwen rover wrote:
Simon Garner destroyed Burnley in the 80's.....FACT.
Danny Ings destroyed Rovers in 2014. FACT!
Don't talk like a tw@. Ings isn't fit to lace Garners boots, you simpleton!
Horses for courses.
Neigh.
[quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dead Sun Rising[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]darwen rover[/bold] wrote: Simon Garner destroyed Burnley in the 80's.....FACT.[/p][/quote]Danny Ings destroyed Rovers in 2014. FACT![/p][/quote]Don't talk like a tw@. Ings isn't fit to lace Garners boots, you simpleton![/p][/quote]Horses for courses. Neigh. AnotherPounding4BurnIey
  • Score: -2

4:01am Mon 21 Jul 14

AnotherPounding4BurnIey says...

Super Claret . wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
Poor old simple Simon, he has no concept of the financial tsunami about to engulf Blackburn Rovers... they tried to explain it to the shaved ape but it just wont sink it, a bit like the result of the Blackburn Rovers v Burnley game on March the 9th, he simply denies it ever happened.
But then I deny the last 35 years so spose its okay.
Im soooooo obsessed with FFP yet know nothing about it lol
Im such a knob
You got that right

Neigh
[quote][p][bold]Super Claret .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: Poor old simple Simon, he has no concept of the financial tsunami about to engulf Blackburn Rovers... they tried to explain it to the shaved ape but it just wont sink it, a bit like the result of the Blackburn Rovers v Burnley game on March the 9th, he simply denies it ever happened.[/p][/quote]But then I deny the last 35 years so spose its okay. Im soooooo obsessed with FFP yet know nothing about it lol Im such a knob[/p][/quote]You got that right Neigh AnotherPounding4BurnIey
  • Score: -2

12:22pm Mon 21 Jul 14

flagstone says...

Dead Sun Rising wrote:
darwen rover wrote:
Simon Garner destroyed Burnley in the 80's.....FACT.
Danny Ings destroyed Rovers in 2014. FACT!
WONT BE THERE MUCH LONGER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
[quote][p][bold]Dead Sun Rising[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]darwen rover[/bold] wrote: Simon Garner destroyed Burnley in the 80's.....FACT.[/p][/quote]Danny Ings destroyed Rovers in 2014. FACT![/p][/quote]WONT BE THERE MUCH LONGER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH flagstone
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree