BURNLEY and Pendle bounced back from consecutive defeats to claim a 30-14 victory at home to Bury Broncos A.

The Black and Reds suffered their first loss of the season two weeks ago when they were beaten 25-24 by Clock Face Miners then thrashed 68-12 at Wigan St Cuthberts.

Burnley and Pendle won at Bury in June and the first five minutes of the return fixture were end to end, with both defences failing to contain the attacking intent of their opponents.

Bury were soon on the back foot and a quick tap was taken by McCullough, who delivered the ball to second rower Adam Healy to crash over to open the scoring.

Bury hit back almost immediately with the danger man, Hardman rampaging down the left wing.

Some flimsy defence allowed the attack too much room for Bury to cross the line out wide and improve the conversion attempt by scoring under the posts.

The try was converted to give Bury a 6-4 advantage.

The visitors failed to consolidate their lead by gifting Burnley and Pendle the ball from the kick-off by knocking on.

From the scrum, the Black and Reds moved the ball forward with Ben and Adam Healy leading the way.

With Burnley and Pendle camped on the Bury line the ball was moved wide to Sam Walker.

Seemingly held up, Walker reached out to place the ball over the line to score.

The conversion by Marcus Farnworth was ruled wide.

The solid Burnley and Pendle pack gave no quarter, putting in some big shots that seemed to rattle the visitors.

One such tackle eventually displeased the official who awarded a penalty to Bury, which made it 8-8.

The home side kicked off the second half and a great offload by Ryan Bradley found Walker in support.

With Walker held up on the line, a quick play the ball saw Ryan Mirfield spin out a tackle to score next to the post.

The try was converted by Farnworth to make it 14-8.

From the kick-off, the Black and Reds ran the ball back strongly.

The visitors could not contain a powerful run from Adam Healy, who split the defence on the half way line.

From somewhere, the second rower, found an extra gear to out pace the covering defence to score under the posts.

The hosts now seemed to be in control of the game, leading 20-8.

A further try by centre Ian Coates seemed to put the game beyond reach.

Broncos didn’t give up and a try scoring reply cut the score to 26-14.

Another score by the visitors would have set up a grandstand finish but Bury spilled the ball for Tom Cooley to gather.

Quick play the balls saw the home side march upfield and on the last tackle scrum half Danny Rowland snuck over to put the match to bed.