Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival

Sean Dyche

Sean Dyche

First published in Sport Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by , Burnley FC reporter

BURNLEY boss Sean Dyche is setting his sights higher than Premier League survival.

In the same way that he refused to put a limit on expectations as his side mounted a promotion push last season, the Clarets chief is not outlining a minimum target for the top flight next term.

A 17th placed finish would be widely regarded as a bigger achievement than going up.

But Dyche said: “I don’t think either way - you can limit either way.

“There might have been people who said last year that their marker is the play-offs, but we certainly weren’t because you can limit people with that.

“I said that at the beginning of last season.

“Every manager will have their feel of ‘soft psychology’ as I call it.

“We’re not trained psychologists, but you have a feel for the psychology of an individual and a team.

“And I just always thought when we start talking in cycles and markers and achieving this, that or the other, it can be good in a way that it gives you focus and a goal, but it can also be constraining.

“Sometimes people hit the marker and then they’re confused, thinking they’ve done what they’ve meant to do, only to be told ‘no you haven’t, there’s more to come’.

“So we just leave it open.”

Dyche adopted a ‘one game at a time’ mantra from the start of last season and feels those short-term goals were key in securing automatic promotion.

And he revealed it is a philosophy that he intends to stick with the in Premier League.

“The ‘one game at a time’ thing that’s been strapped to us from last season is still relevant, whatever way you look at it.

“You can only do it one game at a time,” he said.

“Our first marker will be getting ready in pre-season to hit the first game and operate from thereon in.

“We’ll build from what we’ve delivered in the past season and add to that to take into the new season.

“I have my beliefs and the staff follow my beliefs and the team have done that.”

Meanwhile, Dyche is aiming to finalise further contracts, after securing Danny Lafferty on a new three-year deal.

The Clarets boss offered terms to Lafferty, Michael Duff, Junior Stanislas and Luke O’Neill at the end of the season.

So far only Lafferty has put pen to paper. But Dyche is hopeful that the rest will commit to the club over the summer.

“We’re already in negotiations,” said the Burnley manager.

“A lot of the players here were under contract and had built-in things that cover them moving forward.

“Some will be affected. Some will be ongoing.

“The good thing with that is that obviously started a few weeks ago.

“We’re pretty sure on the people that we wish to stay and extending contracts and that sort of thing. That’s ongoing.”

The squad is not due back for pre-season training until early July, but Dyche does not envisage any major hold-ups in the negotiation process despite players being on holiday or away on international duty.

“Most players operate with agents now, most agents take care of business, the player then speaks to the agent or to me or to Lee Hoos - whoever it may be, we’re all singing from the same songsheet here.

“We make that quite clear to the agents, there’s not one saying one thing and one saying another, we’re very open with our business and our players and the agents and obviously the club, and we align in the best possible fashion.

“That’s just an ongoing situation.”

Comments (15)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:51am Fri 30 May 14

TurfMoorTom says...

"Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????
"Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him???? TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -19

9:58am Fri 30 May 14

Super_Clarets says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
"Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????
Still crying that we're in the Premier League I see.. It's a shame.

All positive signs for Burnley, and even the retards down the road know we've got a good chance of competing at the top level.

By the way I hear Blackburn Rovers are heading for a transfer ban in January while being forced to make cost savings of £25million, what are your views on that?
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: "Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????[/p][/quote]Still crying that we're in the Premier League I see.. It's a shame. All positive signs for Burnley, and even the retards down the road know we've got a good chance of competing at the top level. By the way I hear Blackburn Rovers are heading for a transfer ban in January while being forced to make cost savings of £25million, what are your views on that? Super_Clarets
  • Score: 7

10:38am Fri 30 May 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

Unless we sign some absolute quality, we will be in the bottom 3. The directors said that they wouldn't make the same mistake as last time by not supporting the manager. Get the cheque book out and sign some class players, we have enough work horses. What about berbatov, top quality, and if we can supplement his obvious skill with our work donkey ethic, we might have a chance of finishing fourth from bottom. Thus allowing us to ride the PL gravy train for another season until the inevitable happens when dyche leaves
Unless we sign some absolute quality, we will be in the bottom 3. The directors said that they wouldn't make the same mistake as last time by not supporting the manager. Get the cheque book out and sign some class players, we have enough work horses. What about berbatov, top quality, and if we can supplement his obvious skill with our work donkey ethic, we might have a chance of finishing fourth from bottom. Thus allowing us to ride the PL gravy train for another season until the inevitable happens when dyche leaves AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -12

11:03am Fri 30 May 14

GeoRam says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
Unless we sign some absolute quality, we will be in the bottom 3. The directors said that they wouldn't make the same mistake as last time by not supporting the manager. Get the cheque book out and sign some class players, we have enough work horses. What about berbatov, top quality, and if we can supplement his obvious skill with our work donkey ethic, we might have a chance of finishing fourth from bottom. Thus allowing us to ride the PL gravy train for another season until the inevitable happens when dyche leaves
You really need to find something more constructive to do with your time.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Unless we sign some absolute quality, we will be in the bottom 3. The directors said that they wouldn't make the same mistake as last time by not supporting the manager. Get the cheque book out and sign some class players, we have enough work horses. What about berbatov, top quality, and if we can supplement his obvious skill with our work donkey ethic, we might have a chance of finishing fourth from bottom. Thus allowing us to ride the PL gravy train for another season until the inevitable happens when dyche leaves[/p][/quote]You really need to find something more constructive to do with your time. GeoRam
  • Score: 8

11:10am Fri 30 May 14

TurfMoorTom says...

GeoRam wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn

ley
wrote:
Unless we sign some absolute quality, we will be in the bottom 3. The directors said that they wouldn't make the same mistake as last time by not supporting the manager. Get the cheque book out and sign some class players, we have enough work horses. What about berbatov, top quality, and if we can supplement his obvious skill with our work donkey ethic, we might have a chance of finishing fourth from bottom. Thus allowing us to ride the PL gravy train for another season until the inevitable happens when dyche leaves
You really need to find something more constructive to do with your time.
I think he's quite inciteful and not far off the mark there.
[quote][p][bold]GeoRam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: Unless we sign some absolute quality, we will be in the bottom 3. The directors said that they wouldn't make the same mistake as last time by not supporting the manager. Get the cheque book out and sign some class players, we have enough work horses. What about berbatov, top quality, and if we can supplement his obvious skill with our work donkey ethic, we might have a chance of finishing fourth from bottom. Thus allowing us to ride the PL gravy train for another season until the inevitable happens when dyche leaves[/p][/quote]You really need to find something more constructive to do with your time.[/p][/quote]I think he's quite inciteful and not far off the mark there. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -12

11:20am Fri 30 May 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
"Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????
Still crying that we're in the Premier League I see.. It's a shame.

All positive signs for Burnley, and even the retards down the road know we've got a good chance of competing at the top level.

By the way I hear Blackburn Rovers are heading for a transfer ban in January while being forced to make cost savings of £25million, what are your views on that?
No - positively looking forward to the Prem season for the first time in a while as without your eagerly anticipated car crash to enjoy it had become very boring, even while we were a member & competitor in it (note Burnley FC are only a 'visitor', there to make up the numbers).

What are my views on your fanciful £25m cost saving - exactly that - they're your fanciful figures which include past pay-offs and poor investments which aren't included in this years accounts and will be well improved by the time they need to be which will be well after any transfer embargo as Bowyer has already got the squad mostly sorted.

Burnley FC - over-achieved by circumstance and celebrated flying too close to the sun, what a bunch of halfwits.

Future turmoil beckons.............
........
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: "Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????[/p][/quote]Still crying that we're in the Premier League I see.. It's a shame. All positive signs for Burnley, and even the retards down the road know we've got a good chance of competing at the top level. By the way I hear Blackburn Rovers are heading for a transfer ban in January while being forced to make cost savings of £25million, what are your views on that?[/p][/quote]No - positively looking forward to the Prem season for the first time in a while as without your eagerly anticipated car crash to enjoy it had become very boring, even while we were a member & competitor in it (note Burnley FC are only a 'visitor', there to make up the numbers). What are my views on your fanciful £25m cost saving - exactly that - they're your fanciful figures which include past pay-offs and poor investments which aren't included in this years accounts and will be well improved by the time they need to be which will be well after any transfer embargo as Bowyer has already got the squad mostly sorted. Burnley FC - over-achieved by circumstance and celebrated flying too close to the sun, what a bunch of halfwits. Future turmoil beckons............. ........ TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -16

12:25pm Fri 30 May 14

RobH2O says...

Bill Shankly said that 9 months come in chunks of 90 minutes. "One game at a time" covers it in Dyche parlance.

If you have a good framework set out for a professional footballer, then you have every chance of motivating them. This ripples through the group. Follow this mantra and you'll always achieve your maximum as a player and so will the group.

Nobody knows what will happen next season. The future is not known to us. However, if Mr Dyche follows his credo again next season, we will achieve the optimum we are capable of. New "quality" players have to buy into the ethos or we will fall short of our optimum. Whatever the optimum is subsequently revealed to be, whether a place in Europe, mid-table or relegation, it will reflect who we are.
Bill Shankly said that 9 months come in chunks of 90 minutes. "One game at a time" covers it in Dyche parlance. If you have a good framework set out for a professional footballer, then you have every chance of motivating them. This ripples through the group. Follow this mantra and you'll always achieve your maximum as a player and so will the group. Nobody knows what will happen next season. The future is not known to us. However, if Mr Dyche follows his credo again next season, we will achieve the optimum we are capable of. New "quality" players have to buy into the ethos or we will fall short of our optimum. Whatever the optimum is subsequently revealed to be, whether a place in Europe, mid-table or relegation, it will reflect who we are. RobH2O
  • Score: 6

1:04pm Fri 30 May 14

houseclaret says...

As I have said before, we need to concentrate on winnable games and we'll be fine. We did ok against the "big boys" last time up but slipped up against ordinary teams who we could have beaten. We need to win away as well. Going down for the want of 5 points wasn't a disgrace.
As I have said before, we need to concentrate on winnable games and we'll be fine. We did ok against the "big boys" last time up but slipped up against ordinary teams who we could have beaten. We need to win away as well. Going down for the want of 5 points wasn't a disgrace. houseclaret
  • Score: 1

1:15pm Fri 30 May 14

Super_Clarets says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Super_Clarets wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
"Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????
Still crying that we're in the Premier League I see.. It's a shame.

All positive signs for Burnley, and even the retards down the road know we've got a good chance of competing at the top level.

By the way I hear Blackburn Rovers are heading for a transfer ban in January while being forced to make cost savings of £25million, what are your views on that?
No - positively looking forward to the Prem season for the first time in a while as without your eagerly anticipated car crash to enjoy it had become very boring, even while we were a member & competitor in it (note Burnley FC are only a 'visitor', there to make up the numbers).

What are my views on your fanciful £25m cost saving - exactly that - they're your fanciful figures which include past pay-offs and poor investments which aren't included in this years accounts and will be well improved by the time they need to be which will be well after any transfer embargo as Bowyer has already got the squad mostly sorted.

Burnley FC - over-achieved by circumstance and celebrated flying too close to the sun, what a bunch of halfwits.

Future turmoil beckons.............

........
You're not really though are you.

Because we beat you and then we got promoted and then we ensured that you clowns stayed out of the play-off's, all in all a superb season for Burnley FC and a miserable, heart-breaking, shambolic season of further turmoil for Blackburn Rovers.

Unfortunately it's not "fanciful" as you put it, it's factual. Your club will have to reduce your losses by over £25million to have any chance of being compliant with the rules. Which basically means a full and thorough clear out from top to bottom. Your wage bill for last season stood at £36million and this has hardly been touched given that bright spark Gary Bowyer has been given the green light to bring in 21 (TWENTY-ONE) players!

So in summary there is a whole world of misery heading your way....

Is it's going to be painful for you? Yes.

Are you going to cry? Yes.

Are we going to laugh at you? Yes.

Future turmoil beckons when you're £60million in debt and losing £36.5million a year!
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: "Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????[/p][/quote]Still crying that we're in the Premier League I see.. It's a shame. All positive signs for Burnley, and even the retards down the road know we've got a good chance of competing at the top level. By the way I hear Blackburn Rovers are heading for a transfer ban in January while being forced to make cost savings of £25million, what are your views on that?[/p][/quote]No - positively looking forward to the Prem season for the first time in a while as without your eagerly anticipated car crash to enjoy it had become very boring, even while we were a member & competitor in it (note Burnley FC are only a 'visitor', there to make up the numbers). What are my views on your fanciful £25m cost saving - exactly that - they're your fanciful figures which include past pay-offs and poor investments which aren't included in this years accounts and will be well improved by the time they need to be which will be well after any transfer embargo as Bowyer has already got the squad mostly sorted. Burnley FC - over-achieved by circumstance and celebrated flying too close to the sun, what a bunch of halfwits. Future turmoil beckons............. ........[/p][/quote]You're not really though are you. Because we beat you and then we got promoted and then we ensured that you clowns stayed out of the play-off's, all in all a superb season for Burnley FC and a miserable, heart-breaking, shambolic season of further turmoil for Blackburn Rovers. Unfortunately it's not "fanciful" as you put it, it's factual. Your club will have to reduce your losses by over £25million to have any chance of being compliant with the rules. Which basically means a full and thorough clear out from top to bottom. Your wage bill for last season stood at £36million and this has hardly been touched given that bright spark Gary Bowyer has been given the green light to bring in 21 (TWENTY-ONE) players! So in summary there is a whole world of misery heading your way.... Is it's going to be painful for you? Yes. Are you going to cry? Yes. Are we going to laugh at you? Yes. Future turmoil beckons when you're £60million in debt and losing £36.5million a year! Super_Clarets
  • Score: 9

1:41pm Fri 30 May 14

noddy57 says...

I think maybe you should concentrate on attempting to survive and not get above your station Mr Dyche. having said that the first opportunity you get of managing a proper club, you should jump at it because you are a decent manager who deserves a decent club.C O Y B .
I think maybe you should concentrate on attempting to survive and not get above your station Mr Dyche. having said that the first opportunity you get of managing a proper club, you should jump at it because you are a decent manager who deserves a decent club.C O Y B . noddy57
  • Score: -10

3:23pm Fri 30 May 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Super_Clarets wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
"Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????
Still crying that we're in the Premier League I see.. It's a shame.

All positive signs for Burnley, and even the retards down the road know we've got a good chance of competing at the top level.

By the way I hear Blackburn Rovers are heading for a transfer ban in January while being forced to make cost savings of £25million, what are your views on that?
No - positively looking forward to the Prem season for the first time in a while as without your eagerly anticipated car crash to enjoy it had become very boring, even while we were a member & competitor in it (note Burnley FC are only a 'visitor', there to make up the numbers).

What are my views on your fanciful £25m cost saving - exactly that - they're your fanciful figures which include past pay-offs and poor investments which aren't included in this years accounts and will be well improved by the time they need to be which will be well after any transfer embargo as Bowyer has already got the squad mostly sorted.

Burnley FC - over-achieved by circumstance and celebrated flying too close to the sun, what a bunch of halfwits.

Future turmoil beckons.............


........
You're not really though are you.

Because we beat you and then we got promoted and then we ensured that you clowns stayed out of the play-off's, all in all a superb season for Burnley FC and a miserable, heart-breaking, shambolic season of further turmoil for Blackburn Rovers.

Unfortunately it's not "fanciful" as you put it, it's factual. Your club will have to reduce your losses by over £25million to have any chance of being compliant with the rules. Which basically means a full and thorough clear out from top to bottom. Your wage bill for last season stood at £36million and this has hardly been touched given that bright spark Gary Bowyer has been given the green light to bring in 21 (TWENTY-ONE) players!

So in summary there is a whole world of misery heading your way....

Is it's going to be painful for you? Yes.

Are you going to cry? Yes.

Are we going to laugh at you? Yes.

Future turmoil beckons when you're £60million in debt and losing £36.5million a year!
Punching well above your weight (though still nothing noteworthy & no trophy to show), nowhere to go now but down:

Is it's going to be painful for you? Yes.

Are you going to cry? Yes. MOTD will be on record for the tears

Are we going to laugh at you? Yes. All season long

Future turmoil beckons.....

Rovers once lost £36.5million a year! Not now.
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: "Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????[/p][/quote]Still crying that we're in the Premier League I see.. It's a shame. All positive signs for Burnley, and even the retards down the road know we've got a good chance of competing at the top level. By the way I hear Blackburn Rovers are heading for a transfer ban in January while being forced to make cost savings of £25million, what are your views on that?[/p][/quote]No - positively looking forward to the Prem season for the first time in a while as without your eagerly anticipated car crash to enjoy it had become very boring, even while we were a member & competitor in it (note Burnley FC are only a 'visitor', there to make up the numbers). What are my views on your fanciful £25m cost saving - exactly that - they're your fanciful figures which include past pay-offs and poor investments which aren't included in this years accounts and will be well improved by the time they need to be which will be well after any transfer embargo as Bowyer has already got the squad mostly sorted. Burnley FC - over-achieved by circumstance and celebrated flying too close to the sun, what a bunch of halfwits. Future turmoil beckons............. ........[/p][/quote]You're not really though are you. Because we beat you and then we got promoted and then we ensured that you clowns stayed out of the play-off's, all in all a superb season for Burnley FC and a miserable, heart-breaking, shambolic season of further turmoil for Blackburn Rovers. Unfortunately it's not "fanciful" as you put it, it's factual. Your club will have to reduce your losses by over £25million to have any chance of being compliant with the rules. Which basically means a full and thorough clear out from top to bottom. Your wage bill for last season stood at £36million and this has hardly been touched given that bright spark Gary Bowyer has been given the green light to bring in 21 (TWENTY-ONE) players! So in summary there is a whole world of misery heading your way.... Is it's going to be painful for you? Yes. Are you going to cry? Yes. Are we going to laugh at you? Yes. Future turmoil beckons when you're £60million in debt and losing £36.5million a year![/p][/quote]Punching well above your weight (though still nothing noteworthy & no trophy to show), nowhere to go now but down: Is it's going to be painful for you? Yes. Are you going to cry? Yes. MOTD will be on record for the tears Are we going to laugh at you? Yes. All season long Future turmoil beckons..... Rovers once lost £36.5million a year! Not now. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -22

4:10pm Fri 30 May 14

Pompey Claret says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
"Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????
Yawn yawn yawn what an **** you are.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: "Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????[/p][/quote]Yawn yawn yawn what an **** you are. Pompey Claret
  • Score: 19

5:47pm Fri 30 May 14

TurfMoorTom's_Psychiatrist says...

Pompey Claret wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
"Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????
Yawn yawn yawn what an **** you are.
What's the reason for mentioning the progenitor of the squad? If it matters why don't you say why? If it doesn't matter, why bring it up?
[quote][p][bold]Pompey Claret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: "Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????[/p][/quote]Yawn yawn yawn what an **** you are.[/p][/quote]What's the reason for mentioning the progenitor of the squad? If it matters why don't you say why? If it doesn't matter, why bring it up? TurfMoorTom's_Psychiatrist
  • Score: 10

8:08pm Fri 30 May 14

Old age pensioner says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Super_Clarets wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
"Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????
Still crying that we're in the Premier League I see.. It's a shame.

All positive signs for Burnley, and even the retards down the road know we've got a good chance of competing at the top level.

By the way I hear Blackburn Rovers are heading for a transfer ban in January while being forced to make cost savings of £25million, what are your views on that?
No - positively looking forward to the Prem season for the first time in a while as without your eagerly anticipated car crash to enjoy it had become very boring, even while we were a member & competitor in it (note Burnley FC are only a 'visitor', there to make up the numbers).

What are my views on your fanciful £25m cost saving - exactly that - they're your fanciful figures which include past pay-offs and poor investments which aren't included in this years accounts and will be well improved by the time they need to be which will be well after any transfer embargo as Bowyer has already got the squad mostly sorted.

Burnley FC - over-achieved by circumstance and celebrated flying too close to the sun, what a bunch of halfwits.

Future turmoil beckons.............


........
You're not really though are you.

Because we beat you and then we got promoted and then we ensured that you clowns stayed out of the play-off's, all in all a superb season for Burnley FC and a miserable, heart-breaking, shambolic season of further turmoil for Blackburn Rovers.

Unfortunately it's not "fanciful" as you put it, it's factual. Your club will have to reduce your losses by over £25million to have any chance of being compliant with the rules. Which basically means a full and thorough clear out from top to bottom. Your wage bill for last season stood at £36million and this has hardly been touched given that bright spark Gary Bowyer has been given the green light to bring in 21 (TWENTY-ONE) players!

So in summary there is a whole world of misery heading your way....

Is it's going to be painful for you? Yes.

Are you going to cry? Yes.

Are we going to laugh at you? Yes.

Future turmoil beckons when you're £60million in debt and losing £36.5million a year!
zzzzzzNzzzzHzzzzzNzz
zzzHzzzzNzzzzHzzzzz
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: "Boss Dyche aiming higher than Burnley survival". No Suzanne I think you've got that wrong. What he actually says is he's taking one game at a time. I guess because, who knows where Howe's squad and foundations can take him????[/p][/quote]Still crying that we're in the Premier League I see.. It's a shame. All positive signs for Burnley, and even the retards down the road know we've got a good chance of competing at the top level. By the way I hear Blackburn Rovers are heading for a transfer ban in January while being forced to make cost savings of £25million, what are your views on that?[/p][/quote]No - positively looking forward to the Prem season for the first time in a while as without your eagerly anticipated car crash to enjoy it had become very boring, even while we were a member & competitor in it (note Burnley FC are only a 'visitor', there to make up the numbers). What are my views on your fanciful £25m cost saving - exactly that - they're your fanciful figures which include past pay-offs and poor investments which aren't included in this years accounts and will be well improved by the time they need to be which will be well after any transfer embargo as Bowyer has already got the squad mostly sorted. Burnley FC - over-achieved by circumstance and celebrated flying too close to the sun, what a bunch of halfwits. Future turmoil beckons............. ........[/p][/quote]You're not really though are you. Because we beat you and then we got promoted and then we ensured that you clowns stayed out of the play-off's, all in all a superb season for Burnley FC and a miserable, heart-breaking, shambolic season of further turmoil for Blackburn Rovers. Unfortunately it's not "fanciful" as you put it, it's factual. Your club will have to reduce your losses by over £25million to have any chance of being compliant with the rules. Which basically means a full and thorough clear out from top to bottom. Your wage bill for last season stood at £36million and this has hardly been touched given that bright spark Gary Bowyer has been given the green light to bring in 21 (TWENTY-ONE) players! So in summary there is a whole world of misery heading your way.... Is it's going to be painful for you? Yes. Are you going to cry? Yes. Are we going to laugh at you? Yes. Future turmoil beckons when you're £60million in debt and losing £36.5million a year![/p][/quote]zzzzzzNzzzzHzzzzzNzz zzzHzzzzNzzzzHzzzzz Old age pensioner
  • Score: -2

3:58pm Mon 2 Jun 14

Benpupdog says...

Yeah he's looking to join a club with more prospects, like Fleetwood.
Yeah he's looking to join a club with more prospects, like Fleetwood. Benpupdog
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree