Burnley assistant Woan linked with Shrewsbury Town job

Lancashire Telegraph: Ian Woan Ian Woan

BURNLEY assistant manager Ian Woan is among the frontrunners for the manager’s job at League One strugglers Shrewsbury Town.

Woan, who played for Shrewsbury between 2002 and 2003, joins former Clarets midfielder Mickey Mellon and ex-Burnley boss Brian Laws in the market to replace Graham Turner at the New Meadow.

Comments (20)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:08pm Wed 22 Jan 14

A Darener says...

Assistant manager about to leave! What does he know that Burnley fans don't? Are the wheels coming off?
Assistant manager about to leave! What does he know that Burnley fans don't? Are the wheels coming off? A Darener

8:34pm Wed 22 Jan 14

RobH2O says...

A Darener wrote:
Assistant manager about to leave! What does he know that Burnley fans don't? Are the wheels coming off?
No doubt you hope so. You lot have been running on axle's grinding through the tarmac for sometime now. How do you find it? Its certainly good for the pocket because your club sees most games chargeable for an adult at £10. KPMG assessed your full price (using the average adult attendance price of £28 in the Championship) crowd as 9,680 adults. We don't seem to have ground down to the extent you guys have. Gives rent-a-crowd a whole new meaning eh?
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Assistant manager about to leave! What does he know that Burnley fans don't? Are the wheels coming off?[/p][/quote]No doubt you hope so. You lot have been running on axle's grinding through the tarmac for sometime now. How do you find it? Its certainly good for the pocket because your club sees most games chargeable for an adult at £10. KPMG assessed your full price (using the average adult attendance price of £28 in the Championship) crowd as 9,680 adults. We don't seem to have ground down to the extent you guys have. Gives rent-a-crowd a whole new meaning eh? RobH2O

9:38pm Wed 22 Jan 14

woz1974 says...

RobH2O wrote:
A Darener wrote:
Assistant manager about to leave! What does he know that Burnley fans don't? Are the wheels coming off?
No doubt you hope so. You lot have been running on axle's grinding through the tarmac for sometime now. How do you find it? Its certainly good for the pocket because your club sees most games chargeable for an adult at £10. KPMG assessed your full price (using the average adult attendance price of £28 in the Championship) crowd as 9,680 adults. We don't seem to have ground down to the extent you guys have. Gives rent-a-crowd a whole new meaning eh?
at least shrewsbury will have plastic seats !!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Assistant manager about to leave! What does he know that Burnley fans don't? Are the wheels coming off?[/p][/quote]No doubt you hope so. You lot have been running on axle's grinding through the tarmac for sometime now. How do you find it? Its certainly good for the pocket because your club sees most games chargeable for an adult at £10. KPMG assessed your full price (using the average adult attendance price of £28 in the Championship) crowd as 9,680 adults. We don't seem to have ground down to the extent you guys have. Gives rent-a-crowd a whole new meaning eh?[/p][/quote]at least shrewsbury will have plastic seats !!!!!! woz1974

10:35pm Wed 22 Jan 14

owd nick says...

Burnley have seats?

Bloody hell.
Burnley have seats? Bloody hell. owd nick

10:42pm Wed 22 Jan 14

RobH2O says...

owd nick wrote:
Burnley have seats?

Bloody hell.
And you have around 17,000 empty ones every home game. Those that are occupied are sold to the rent-a-crowd at a hefty discount. They are called cheap seats and they are sold to cheap skates.
[quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: Burnley have seats? Bloody hell.[/p][/quote]And you have around 17,000 empty ones every home game. Those that are occupied are sold to the rent-a-crowd at a hefty discount. They are called cheap seats and they are sold to cheap skates. RobH2O

12:02am Thu 23 Jan 14

jim 2012 says...

RobH2O wrote:
owd nick wrote:
Burnley have seats?

Bloody hell.
And you have around 17,000 empty ones every home game. Those that are occupied are sold to the rent-a-crowd at a hefty discount. They are called cheap seats and they are sold to cheap skates.
now let's get to the seat of the problem
burnley have a ground made of wood and bricks I said bricks
Blackburn have a ground made of girders
with one do you think will fall down the first
burnley cant fill there ground in spite of their league position
and having a bigger fanbase to call on than Blackburn
accrington burnley nelson colne to name a few
2013 2 15.182 Blackburn av 2013 2 burnley av 12.928
i don't know how many wooden seats burnley have but they struggle to fill them week in week out no matter what happening on the field
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: Burnley have seats? Bloody hell.[/p][/quote]And you have around 17,000 empty ones every home game. Those that are occupied are sold to the rent-a-crowd at a hefty discount. They are called cheap seats and they are sold to cheap skates.[/p][/quote]now let's get to the seat of the problem burnley have a ground made of wood and bricks I said bricks Blackburn have a ground made of girders with one do you think will fall down the first burnley cant fill there ground in spite of their league position and having a bigger fanbase to call on than Blackburn accrington burnley nelson colne to name a few 2013 2 15.182 Blackburn av 2013 2 burnley av 12.928 i don't know how many wooden seats burnley have but they struggle to fill them week in week out no matter what happening on the field jim 2012

1:24am Thu 23 Jan 14

jim 2012 says...

RobH2O wrote:
A Darener wrote:
Assistant manager about to leave! What does he know that Burnley fans don't? Are the wheels coming off?
No doubt you hope so. You lot have been running on axle's grinding through the tarmac for sometime now. How do you find it? Its certainly good for the pocket because your club sees most games chargeable for an adult at £10. KPMG assessed your full price (using the average adult attendance price of £28 in the Championship) crowd as 9,680 adults. We don't seem to have ground down to the extent you guys have. Gives rent-a-crowd a whole new meaning eh?
if KPMG assessed us then burley must have been assessed by WONGA
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Assistant manager about to leave! What does he know that Burnley fans don't? Are the wheels coming off?[/p][/quote]No doubt you hope so. You lot have been running on axle's grinding through the tarmac for sometime now. How do you find it? Its certainly good for the pocket because your club sees most games chargeable for an adult at £10. KPMG assessed your full price (using the average adult attendance price of £28 in the Championship) crowd as 9,680 adults. We don't seem to have ground down to the extent you guys have. Gives rent-a-crowd a whole new meaning eh?[/p][/quote]if KPMG assessed us then burley must have been assessed by WONGA jim 2012

8:19am Thu 23 Jan 14

RobH2O says...

jim 2012 wrote:
RobH2O wrote:
A Darener wrote:
Assistant manager about to leave! What does he know that Burnley fans don't? Are the wheels coming off?
No doubt you hope so. You lot have been running on axle's grinding through the tarmac for sometime now. How do you find it? Its certainly good for the pocket because your club sees most games chargeable for an adult at £10. KPMG assessed your full price (using the average adult attendance price of £28 in the Championship) crowd as 9,680 adults. We don't seem to have ground down to the extent you guys have. Gives rent-a-crowd a whole new meaning eh?
if KPMG assessed us then burley must have been assessed by WONGA
Very silly but, sadly, the measure of what little passes between your ears.
[quote][p][bold]jim 2012[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Assistant manager about to leave! What does he know that Burnley fans don't? Are the wheels coming off?[/p][/quote]No doubt you hope so. You lot have been running on axle's grinding through the tarmac for sometime now. How do you find it? Its certainly good for the pocket because your club sees most games chargeable for an adult at £10. KPMG assessed your full price (using the average adult attendance price of £28 in the Championship) crowd as 9,680 adults. We don't seem to have ground down to the extent you guys have. Gives rent-a-crowd a whole new meaning eh?[/p][/quote]if KPMG assessed us then burley must have been assessed by WONGA[/p][/quote]Very silly but, sadly, the measure of what little passes between your ears. RobH2O

8:29am Thu 23 Jan 14

A Darener says...

At least the Rovers are not part of rip off Britain!
If the av price is as you say then it is about time things changed. A visit to a cinema to watch a two hour film cost between approx £6 to £10,which makes that a far more reasonable amount to pay for a bit of "entertainment".
Football has become the sport of the rich not the working man.
At least the Rovers are not part of rip off Britain! If the av price is as you say then it is about time things changed. A visit to a cinema to watch a two hour film cost between approx £6 to £10,which makes that a far more reasonable amount to pay for a bit of "entertainment". Football has become the sport of the rich not the working man. A Darener

9:07am Thu 23 Jan 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

jim 2012 wrote:
RobH2O wrote:
owd nick wrote:
Burnley have seats?

Bloody hell.
And you have around 17,000 empty ones every home game. Those that are occupied are sold to the rent-a-crowd at a hefty discount. They are called cheap seats and they are sold to cheap skates.
now let's get to the seat of the problem
burnley have a ground made of wood and bricks I said bricks
Blackburn have a ground made of girders
with one do you think will fall down the first
burnley cant fill there ground in spite of their league position
and having a bigger fanbase to call on than Blackburn
accrington burnley nelson colne to name a few
2013 2 15.182 Blackburn av 2013 2 burnley av 12.928
i don't know how many wooden seats burnley have but they struggle to fill them week in week out no matter what happening on the field
Bigger fanbase? What is this myth that you mud-hut dwellers keep babbling on about?

Blackburn with Darwen = 140k plus Oswaldtwistle, Church, Whalley, Great Harwood, Rishton = much more Blackburn fans than Burnley no matter how much you try to spin the fact otherwise.
[quote][p][bold]jim 2012[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: Burnley have seats? Bloody hell.[/p][/quote]And you have around 17,000 empty ones every home game. Those that are occupied are sold to the rent-a-crowd at a hefty discount. They are called cheap seats and they are sold to cheap skates.[/p][/quote]now let's get to the seat of the problem burnley have a ground made of wood and bricks I said bricks Blackburn have a ground made of girders with one do you think will fall down the first burnley cant fill there ground in spite of their league position and having a bigger fanbase to call on than Blackburn accrington burnley nelson colne to name a few 2013 2 15.182 Blackburn av 2013 2 burnley av 12.928 i don't know how many wooden seats burnley have but they struggle to fill them week in week out no matter what happening on the field[/p][/quote]Bigger fanbase? What is this myth that you mud-hut dwellers keep babbling on about? Blackburn with Darwen = 140k plus Oswaldtwistle, Church, Whalley, Great Harwood, Rishton = much more Blackburn fans than Burnley no matter how much you try to spin the fact otherwise. Champagne plus charlie

10:17am Thu 23 Jan 14

A Darener says...

You are forgetting one important issue, Blackburn has a large Asian population that do not attend Ewood Park. So most of them can be discounted from the potential crowds.
You are forgetting one important issue, Blackburn has a large Asian population that do not attend Ewood Park. So most of them can be discounted from the potential crowds. A Darener

10:17am Thu 23 Jan 14

woz1974 says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
jim 2012 wrote:
RobH2O wrote:
owd nick wrote:
Burnley have seats?

Bloody hell.
And you have around 17,000 empty ones every home game. Those that are occupied are sold to the rent-a-crowd at a hefty discount. They are called cheap seats and they are sold to cheap skates.
now let's get to the seat of the problem
burnley have a ground made of wood and bricks I said bricks
Blackburn have a ground made of girders
with one do you think will fall down the first
burnley cant fill there ground in spite of their league position
and having a bigger fanbase to call on than Blackburn
accrington burnley nelson colne to name a few
2013 2 15.182 Blackburn av 2013 2 burnley av 12.928
i don't know how many wooden seats burnley have but they struggle to fill them week in week out no matter what happening on the field
Bigger fanbase? What is this myth that you mud-hut dwellers keep babbling on about?

Blackburn with Darwen = 140k plus Oswaldtwistle, Church, Whalley, Great Harwood, Rishton = much more Blackburn fans than Burnley no matter how much you try to spin the fact otherwise.
140 k plus ok granted what about burnley nelson colne brierfield barnoldswick,keighle
y, skipton todmorden, earby (your county) rossendale waterfoot rawtenstall bacup half of accy lowerhouse barrowford about 300k !!!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jim 2012[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: Burnley have seats? Bloody hell.[/p][/quote]And you have around 17,000 empty ones every home game. Those that are occupied are sold to the rent-a-crowd at a hefty discount. They are called cheap seats and they are sold to cheap skates.[/p][/quote]now let's get to the seat of the problem burnley have a ground made of wood and bricks I said bricks Blackburn have a ground made of girders with one do you think will fall down the first burnley cant fill there ground in spite of their league position and having a bigger fanbase to call on than Blackburn accrington burnley nelson colne to name a few 2013 2 15.182 Blackburn av 2013 2 burnley av 12.928 i don't know how many wooden seats burnley have but they struggle to fill them week in week out no matter what happening on the field[/p][/quote]Bigger fanbase? What is this myth that you mud-hut dwellers keep babbling on about? Blackburn with Darwen = 140k plus Oswaldtwistle, Church, Whalley, Great Harwood, Rishton = much more Blackburn fans than Burnley no matter how much you try to spin the fact otherwise.[/p][/quote]140 k plus ok granted what about burnley nelson colne brierfield barnoldswick,keighle y, skipton todmorden, earby (your county) rossendale waterfoot rawtenstall bacup half of accy lowerhouse barrowford about 300k !!!!!!!! woz1974

10:25am Thu 23 Jan 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

A Darener wrote:
You are forgetting one important issue, Blackburn has a large Asian population that do not attend Ewood Park. So most of them can be discounted from the potential crowds.
And yet you site asian areas such as Nelson, Brierfield and Colne as Burnley's catchment area?

Deluded doesn't even cover it - face it you have a bigger catchment area than we do and no amount of spin is going to alter that fact
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: You are forgetting one important issue, Blackburn has a large Asian population that do not attend Ewood Park. So most of them can be discounted from the potential crowds.[/p][/quote]And yet you site asian areas such as Nelson, Brierfield and Colne as Burnley's catchment area? Deluded doesn't even cover it - face it you have a bigger catchment area than we do and no amount of spin is going to alter that fact Champagne plus charlie

10:31am Thu 23 Jan 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

woz1974 wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
jim 2012 wrote:
RobH2O wrote:
owd nick wrote:
Burnley have seats?

Bloody hell.
And you have around 17,000 empty ones every home game. Those that are occupied are sold to the rent-a-crowd at a hefty discount. They are called cheap seats and they are sold to cheap skates.
now let's get to the seat of the problem
burnley have a ground made of wood and bricks I said bricks
Blackburn have a ground made of girders
with one do you think will fall down the first
burnley cant fill there ground in spite of their league position
and having a bigger fanbase to call on than Blackburn
accrington burnley nelson colne to name a few
2013 2 15.182 Blackburn av 2013 2 burnley av 12.928
i don't know how many wooden seats burnley have but they struggle to fill them week in week out no matter what happening on the field
Bigger fanbase? What is this myth that you mud-hut dwellers keep babbling on about?

Blackburn with Darwen = 140k plus Oswaldtwistle, Church, Whalley, Great Harwood, Rishton = much more Blackburn fans than Burnley no matter how much you try to spin the fact otherwise.
140 k plus ok granted what about burnley nelson colne brierfield barnoldswick,keighle

y, skipton todmorden, earby (your county) rossendale waterfoot rawtenstall bacup half of accy lowerhouse barrowford about 300k !!!!!!!!
Really? Lowerhouse is actually part of Burnley (I know because I live there). Barrowford is a village - most of the rest are in Yorkshire you goon.

OK then - what about Chorley, Longridge, Bamber Bridge, Baxenden, Haslingden etc etc.

Face facts - BLACKBURN HAS A LARGER POPULATION THAN BURNLEY.

End of.
[quote][p][bold]woz1974[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jim 2012[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: Burnley have seats? Bloody hell.[/p][/quote]And you have around 17,000 empty ones every home game. Those that are occupied are sold to the rent-a-crowd at a hefty discount. They are called cheap seats and they are sold to cheap skates.[/p][/quote]now let's get to the seat of the problem burnley have a ground made of wood and bricks I said bricks Blackburn have a ground made of girders with one do you think will fall down the first burnley cant fill there ground in spite of their league position and having a bigger fanbase to call on than Blackburn accrington burnley nelson colne to name a few 2013 2 15.182 Blackburn av 2013 2 burnley av 12.928 i don't know how many wooden seats burnley have but they struggle to fill them week in week out no matter what happening on the field[/p][/quote]Bigger fanbase? What is this myth that you mud-hut dwellers keep babbling on about? Blackburn with Darwen = 140k plus Oswaldtwistle, Church, Whalley, Great Harwood, Rishton = much more Blackburn fans than Burnley no matter how much you try to spin the fact otherwise.[/p][/quote]140 k plus ok granted what about burnley nelson colne brierfield barnoldswick,keighle y, skipton todmorden, earby (your county) rossendale waterfoot rawtenstall bacup half of accy lowerhouse barrowford about 300k !!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Really? Lowerhouse is actually part of Burnley (I know because I live there). Barrowford is a village - most of the rest are in Yorkshire you goon. OK then - what about Chorley, Longridge, Bamber Bridge, Baxenden, Haslingden etc etc. Face facts - BLACKBURN HAS A LARGER POPULATION THAN BURNLEY. End of. Champagne plus charlie

11:01am Thu 23 Jan 14

A Darener says...

But you keep telling us that Blackburn fans have left Ewood to support PL teams so either we have the fan base or we don't, make your mind up.
But you keep telling us that Blackburn fans have left Ewood to support PL teams so either we have the fan base or we don't, make your mind up. A Darener

11:08am Thu 23 Jan 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

A Darener wrote:
But you keep telling us that Blackburn fans have left Ewood to support PL teams so either we have the fan base or we don't, make your mind up.
OK Darener I will type this slowly so that you can understand - you have just actually made my point for me.

You have the CAPACITY for a larger fanbase as you have a larger population to call upon, but the fact is you get crowds only marginally bigger than ours despite this AND the cheapest tickets in the Championship.

This is why it always amuses me when Blackburn folk try and use Burnley's attendances as a stick to beat us with when in reality they are statistically a much worse supported team.
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: But you keep telling us that Blackburn fans have left Ewood to support PL teams so either we have the fan base or we don't, make your mind up.[/p][/quote]OK Darener I will type this slowly so that you can understand - you have just actually made my point for me. You have the CAPACITY for a larger fanbase as you have a larger population to call upon, but the fact is you get crowds only marginally bigger than ours despite this AND the cheapest tickets in the Championship. This is why it always amuses me when Blackburn folk try and use Burnley's attendances as a stick to beat us with when in reality they are statistically a much worse supported team. Champagne plus charlie

11:25am Thu 23 Jan 14

A Darener says...

Let's put this attendance record to bed.
The Rovers have lost over 10,000 fans since the Venky's took over the club.
Some of them admittedly were bandwagonners, but the majority were and many still are boycotters, myself included. That is the only reason the Rovers attendances are low compared to the fantastic support enjoyed by Burnley as they stood proudly at the top of the division 14 points above us. Let us see just how low they can get as they begin to find their rightful place lower down the division.
Let's put this attendance record to bed. The Rovers have lost over 10,000 fans since the Venky's took over the club. Some of them admittedly were bandwagonners, but the majority were and many still are boycotters, myself included. That is the only reason the Rovers attendances are low compared to the fantastic support enjoyed by Burnley as they stood proudly at the top of the division 14 points above us. Let us see just how low they can get as they begin to find their rightful place lower down the division. A Darener

11:35am Thu 23 Jan 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

A Darener wrote:
Let's put this attendance record to bed.
The Rovers have lost over 10,000 fans since the Venky's took over the club.
Some of them admittedly were bandwagonners, but the majority were and many still are boycotters, myself included. That is the only reason the Rovers attendances are low compared to the fantastic support enjoyed by Burnley as they stood proudly at the top of the division 14 points above us. Let us see just how low they can get as they begin to find their rightful place lower down the division.
And now we come down to the brass tacks of it all - you, along with your fellow Rovers simpletons, are still insanely jealous of Burnley and hoping, praying and invoking your voodoo Gods in your Shadsworth slum that Burnley somehow manage to drop down the leagues.

Well, as your own team is so poor, so poor in fact that you have decided to 'boycott' (Until they play Man Utd again of course), then I can kind of understand you pinning your entire season on hoping Burnley fail whilst your own team of mercenary League One players trundle along in mid-table.
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: Let's put this attendance record to bed. The Rovers have lost over 10,000 fans since the Venky's took over the club. Some of them admittedly were bandwagonners, but the majority were and many still are boycotters, myself included. That is the only reason the Rovers attendances are low compared to the fantastic support enjoyed by Burnley as they stood proudly at the top of the division 14 points above us. Let us see just how low they can get as they begin to find their rightful place lower down the division.[/p][/quote]And now we come down to the brass tacks of it all - you, along with your fellow Rovers simpletons, are still insanely jealous of Burnley and hoping, praying and invoking your voodoo Gods in your Shadsworth slum that Burnley somehow manage to drop down the leagues. Well, as your own team is so poor, so poor in fact that you have decided to 'boycott' (Until they play Man Utd again of course), then I can kind of understand you pinning your entire season on hoping Burnley fail whilst your own team of mercenary League One players trundle along in mid-table. Champagne plus charlie

11:45am Thu 23 Jan 14

A Darener says...

My boycott has nothing to do with the team. I still follow closely the goings on, on and off the field of the team and its management. My dispute is with the owners. The team ably led by GB and his staff are slowly repairing all the damage done by the previous manager. He is building a young team of enthusiastic players who will be capable of mounting a promotion bid either to the play offs this season or directly next. As for my returning if we get promotion, no! not until the Venky's leave, or we get an apology from them for all the damage they have done.
My boycott has nothing to do with the team. I still follow closely the goings on, on and off the field of the team and its management. My dispute is with the owners. The team ably led by GB and his staff are slowly repairing all the damage done by the previous manager. He is building a young team of enthusiastic players who will be capable of mounting a promotion bid either to the play offs this season or directly next. As for my returning if we get promotion, no! not until the Venky's leave, or we get an apology from them for all the damage they have done. A Darener

9:27pm Thu 23 Jan 14

woz1974 says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
woz1974 wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
jim 2012 wrote:
RobH2O wrote:
owd nick wrote:
Burnley have seats?

Bloody hell.
And you have around 17,000 empty ones every home game. Those that are occupied are sold to the rent-a-crowd at a hefty discount. They are called cheap seats and they are sold to cheap skates.
now let's get to the seat of the problem
burnley have a ground made of wood and bricks I said bricks
Blackburn have a ground made of girders
with one do you think will fall down the first
burnley cant fill there ground in spite of their league position
and having a bigger fanbase to call on than Blackburn
accrington burnley nelson colne to name a few
2013 2 15.182 Blackburn av 2013 2 burnley av 12.928
i don't know how many wooden seats burnley have but they struggle to fill them week in week out no matter what happening on the field
Bigger fanbase? What is this myth that you mud-hut dwellers keep babbling on about?

Blackburn with Darwen = 140k plus Oswaldtwistle, Church, Whalley, Great Harwood, Rishton = much more Blackburn fans than Burnley no matter how much you try to spin the fact otherwise.
140 k plus ok granted what about burnley nelson colne brierfield barnoldswick,keighle


y, skipton todmorden, earby (your county) rossendale waterfoot rawtenstall bacup half of accy lowerhouse barrowford about 300k !!!!!!!!
Really? Lowerhouse is actually part of Burnley (I know because I live there). Barrowford is a village - most of the rest are in Yorkshire you goon.

OK then - what about Chorley, Longridge, Bamber Bridge, Baxenden, Haslingden etc etc.

Face facts - BLACKBURN HAS A LARGER POPULATION THAN BURNLEY.

End of.
your in yorkshire u emmerdale Neanderthal !!!
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]woz1974[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jim 2012[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: Burnley have seats? Bloody hell.[/p][/quote]And you have around 17,000 empty ones every home game. Those that are occupied are sold to the rent-a-crowd at a hefty discount. They are called cheap seats and they are sold to cheap skates.[/p][/quote]now let's get to the seat of the problem burnley have a ground made of wood and bricks I said bricks Blackburn have a ground made of girders with one do you think will fall down the first burnley cant fill there ground in spite of their league position and having a bigger fanbase to call on than Blackburn accrington burnley nelson colne to name a few 2013 2 15.182 Blackburn av 2013 2 burnley av 12.928 i don't know how many wooden seats burnley have but they struggle to fill them week in week out no matter what happening on the field[/p][/quote]Bigger fanbase? What is this myth that you mud-hut dwellers keep babbling on about? Blackburn with Darwen = 140k plus Oswaldtwistle, Church, Whalley, Great Harwood, Rishton = much more Blackburn fans than Burnley no matter how much you try to spin the fact otherwise.[/p][/quote]140 k plus ok granted what about burnley nelson colne brierfield barnoldswick,keighle y, skipton todmorden, earby (your county) rossendale waterfoot rawtenstall bacup half of accy lowerhouse barrowford about 300k !!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Really? Lowerhouse is actually part of Burnley (I know because I live there). Barrowford is a village - most of the rest are in Yorkshire you goon. OK then - what about Chorley, Longridge, Bamber Bridge, Baxenden, Haslingden etc etc. Face facts - BLACKBURN HAS A LARGER POPULATION THAN BURNLEY. End of.[/p][/quote]your in yorkshire u emmerdale Neanderthal !!! woz1974

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree