Lancashire TelegraphRobinson set to leave Ewood (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Robinson set to leave Ewood

Lancashire Telegraph: Paul Robinson Paul Robinson

BLACKBURN Rovers goalkeeper Paul Robinson is in talks over a free transfer move to West Ham with the Hammers’ 24-year-old stopper Stephen Henderson lined up to come to Ewood Park as part of the deal.

The 33-year-old former England stopper has been told by Rovers boss Michael Appleton that Jake Kean will continue as his number one, leaving Robinson looking for an exit.

Henderson, who played under Appleton during a spell at Portsmouth in 2011/12, is expected to come the other way to provide goalkeepers Kean, Sebastian Usai and Greg Sandomierski with further competition.

Rovers yesterday confirmed the permanent signing of 18-year-old striker Anton Forrester from Everton and will hope to secure at least two more signings before the close of the transfer window tonight.

Free agent and former Sheffield United and Portsmouth midfielder Lee Williamson is understood to still be on Appleton’s radar with a right winger also a priority to cover for Josh King’s injury absence. Montenegrin international Simon Vukcevic was in talks with Cyprus club APOEL Nicosia and is expected to tie up a loan switch away from Ewood until the end of the season.

Benfica’s move for midfielder Diogo Rosado has hit a stumbling block, but striker David Goodwillie is a potential exit ahead of the 11pm close of the window with a number of clubs interested.

Rovers are expecting to keep hold of in demand left back Martin Olsson, after Sam Allardyce admitted the club’s asking price was too much for West Ham.

It is understood the Hammers have had two bids rejected for the Swede, one believed to be in the region of £4million, and insist they are not likely to come back again.

Allardyce said: “I think it is based on how desperate they think we are. Everybody talks about an inflated window and I think that is the case until the last two days. Martin Olsson was of interest to me and I couldn't see anyone else going for him.

“If there were other clubs going for him too I could understand the valuation but there isn’t anybody. I’m not saying they won’t get that price, they might in the next couple of days, but we went and made our offer and then decided to move into another area.”

Rovers’ newest recruit Forrester has put pen to paper on a two-and-a-half-year deal after impressing during a recent trial at the East Lancashire club.

The 18-year-old was in the last year of his Everton contract, having come through the youth ranks at Goodison Park.

Meanwhile, Rovers have terminated the contract of Amine Linganzi by mutual consent.

The 23-year-old made only four appearances for the first team after joining from Saint Etienne in 2010.

Comments (26)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:28am Thu 31 Jan 13

hotpot8200 says...

Is that another number 10 to add to the 10 or 12 MA stated we already had(Why not keep Goodwille and try a 2 man forward line).
Surely we need competion for places to improve our game in midfield and in defence.As hardly any clean sheets ,no delivery to forwards and aging midfielders struggling to get back and support and underconfident centre backs .
Just a thought looking at most of our games this seasons.I am trying to be postive as i believe MA can do a lot better job than his predecessor`s.
Is that another number 10 to add to the 10 or 12 MA stated we already had(Why not keep Goodwille and try a 2 man forward line). Surely we need competion for places to improve our game in midfield and in defence.As hardly any clean sheets ,no delivery to forwards and aging midfielders struggling to get back and support and underconfident centre backs . Just a thought looking at most of our games this seasons.I am trying to be postive as i believe MA can do a lot better job than his predecessor`s. hotpot8200
  • Score: 0

8:45am Thu 31 Jan 13

LittleRonnieHildersley says...

hotpot8200 wrote:
Is that another number 10 to add to the 10 or 12 MA stated we already had(Why not keep Goodwille and try a 2 man forward line).
Surely we need competion for places to improve our game in midfield and in defence.As hardly any clean sheets ,no delivery to forwards and aging midfielders struggling to get back and support and underconfident centre backs .
Just a thought looking at most of our games this seasons.I am trying to be postive as i believe MA can do a lot better job than his predecessor`s.
trying to be positive - would like to hear you when you are being negative.

Hope we manage to sign CKR as he can play right side and centre - so cover for King. Think we need a centre mid and centre back. Would love to see Kane stay, he's quality.But will hve Henley and Orr at RB.

Great getting rid of some of the deadweight/excesive squad to try and galvanise things.

Actually looking forward to saturdayfor change.
[quote][p][bold]hotpot8200[/bold] wrote: Is that another number 10 to add to the 10 or 12 MA stated we already had(Why not keep Goodwille and try a 2 man forward line). Surely we need competion for places to improve our game in midfield and in defence.As hardly any clean sheets ,no delivery to forwards and aging midfielders struggling to get back and support and underconfident centre backs . Just a thought looking at most of our games this seasons.I am trying to be postive as i believe MA can do a lot better job than his predecessor`s.[/p][/quote]trying to be positive - would like to hear you when you are being negative. Hope we manage to sign CKR as he can play right side and centre - so cover for King. Think we need a centre mid and centre back. Would love to see Kane stay, he's quality.But will hve Henley and Orr at RB. Great getting rid of some of the deadweight/excesive squad to try and galvanise things. Actually looking forward to saturdayfor change. LittleRonnieHildersley
  • Score: 0

8:59am Thu 31 Jan 13

stephenrover says...

????????????????????


Vukcevic and Rosado out, one free agent ex-league 2 midfielder in.

Doesn't sound astute to me.
???????????????????? Vukcevic and Rosado out, one free agent ex-league 2 midfielder in. Doesn't sound astute to me. stephenrover
  • Score: 0

9:23am Thu 31 Jan 13

Road Runner Road Runner says...

No mention of Bentley ;-(

I can dream, anyhow ;-)

Whatever it takes to balance up the squad get it done.

A lean mean fighting machine. Good enough.

Arte et labore
No mention of Bentley ;-( I can dream, anyhow ;-) Whatever it takes to balance up the squad get it done. A lean mean fighting machine. Good enough. Arte et labore Road Runner Road Runner
  • Score: 0

9:28am Thu 31 Jan 13

Dublin rover says...

Sad to see robo go. good keeper
Sad to see robo go. good keeper Dublin rover
  • Score: 0

9:34am Thu 31 Jan 13

leitchy says...

Road Runner Road Runner wrote:
No mention of Bentley ;-( I can dream, anyhow ;-) Whatever it takes to balance up the squad get it done. A lean mean fighting machine. Good enough. Arte et labore
Looks like Bentley's off to QPR!
[quote][p][bold]Road Runner Road Runner[/bold] wrote: No mention of Bentley ;-( I can dream, anyhow ;-) Whatever it takes to balance up the squad get it done. A lean mean fighting machine. Good enough. Arte et labore[/p][/quote]Looks like Bentley's off to QPR! leitchy
  • Score: 0

9:39am Thu 31 Jan 13

To.guy says...

Im not sure how Michael Appleton has been able to make a decision after such a short time, that Kean is better than Robinson. Robinson hasn't played a first team game for ages and certainly not while Appleton's been here. Could it be more a case that he's been told Robinson hasn't to feature and to offload his wages?
Im not sure how Michael Appleton has been able to make a decision after such a short time, that Kean is better than Robinson. Robinson hasn't played a first team game for ages and certainly not while Appleton's been here. Could it be more a case that he's been told Robinson hasn't to feature and to offload his wages? To.guy
  • Score: 0

9:41am Thu 31 Jan 13

To.guy says...

leitchy wrote:
Road Runner Road Runner wrote:
No mention of Bentley ;-( I can dream, anyhow ;-) Whatever it takes to balance up the squad get it done. A lean mean fighting machine. Good enough. Arte et labore
Looks like Bentley's off to QPR!
Bit of an idiot if he goes there. Didnt he leave Rovers and play under Harry at Spurs and barely got a game and had to go out on loan? It was the beginning of his end.
[quote][p][bold]leitchy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Road Runner Road Runner[/bold] wrote: No mention of Bentley ;-( I can dream, anyhow ;-) Whatever it takes to balance up the squad get it done. A lean mean fighting machine. Good enough. Arte et labore[/p][/quote]Looks like Bentley's off to QPR![/p][/quote]Bit of an idiot if he goes there. Didnt he leave Rovers and play under Harry at Spurs and barely got a game and had to go out on loan? It was the beginning of his end. To.guy
  • Score: 0

9:51am Thu 31 Jan 13

MatthewCA says...

Robbo is a good player and he did his part, forget we came down, but he saved lots of games. I feel happy when he get back into Prem and show the face in top fight.

All the best to him.
Robbo is a good player and he did his part, forget we came down, but he saved lots of games. I feel happy when he get back into Prem and show the face in top fight. All the best to him. MatthewCA
  • Score: 0

9:56am Thu 31 Jan 13

AndyW says...

Robbo is a big loss and a very good goalkeeper.

However, I'd assume that he was on big wages and with Jake doing well, I can see the sense.

Robbo will be excellent behind a well-organised Wet Spam defence, again under the tutelage of Big Sam.
Robbo is a big loss and a very good goalkeeper. However, I'd assume that he was on big wages and with Jake doing well, I can see the sense. Robbo will be excellent behind a well-organised Wet Spam defence, again under the tutelage of Big Sam. AndyW
  • Score: 0

10:44am Thu 31 Jan 13

srvp28 says...

AndyW wrote:
Robbo is a big loss and a very good goalkeeper.

However, I'd assume that he was on big wages and with Jake doing well, I can see the sense.

Robbo will be excellent behind a well-organised Wet Spam defence, again under the tutelage of Big Sam.
Based on performances this season, can anybody honestly say that Robinson will walk into West Ham's first team ahead of Jaaskelainen?
[quote][p][bold]AndyW[/bold] wrote: Robbo is a big loss and a very good goalkeeper. However, I'd assume that he was on big wages and with Jake doing well, I can see the sense. Robbo will be excellent behind a well-organised Wet Spam defence, again under the tutelage of Big Sam.[/p][/quote]Based on performances this season, can anybody honestly say that Robinson will walk into West Ham's first team ahead of Jaaskelainen? srvp28
  • Score: 0

11:04am Thu 31 Jan 13

hotpot8200 says...

LittleRonnieHildersl
ey
wrote:
hotpot8200 wrote: Is that another number 10 to add to the 10 or 12 MA stated we already had(Why not keep Goodwille and try a 2 man forward line). Surely we need competion for places to improve our game in midfield and in defence.As hardly any clean sheets ,no delivery to forwards and aging midfielders struggling to get back and support and underconfident centre backs . Just a thought looking at most of our games this seasons.I am trying to be postive as i believe MA can do a lot better job than his predecessor`s.
trying to be positive - would like to hear you when you are being negative. Hope we manage to sign CKR as he can play right side and centre - so cover for King. Think we need a centre mid and centre back. Would love to see Kane stay, he's quality.But will hve Henley and Orr at RB. Great getting rid of some of the deadweight/excesive squad to try and galvanise things. Actually looking forward to saturdayfor change.
We already have CKR that no addition and he is one of those No10 he wants to play as the front man not out wide we need a proper right sided midfielder you will get up and down the wing put crosses in to the likes of CKR and Rhodes plus get back and double up as support for the right back when we are under pressure
[quote][p][bold]LittleRonnieHildersl ey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hotpot8200[/bold] wrote: Is that another number 10 to add to the 10 or 12 MA stated we already had(Why not keep Goodwille and try a 2 man forward line). Surely we need competion for places to improve our game in midfield and in defence.As hardly any clean sheets ,no delivery to forwards and aging midfielders struggling to get back and support and underconfident centre backs . Just a thought looking at most of our games this seasons.I am trying to be postive as i believe MA can do a lot better job than his predecessor`s.[/p][/quote]trying to be positive - would like to hear you when you are being negative. Hope we manage to sign CKR as he can play right side and centre - so cover for King. Think we need a centre mid and centre back. Would love to see Kane stay, he's quality.But will hve Henley and Orr at RB. Great getting rid of some of the deadweight/excesive squad to try and galvanise things. Actually looking forward to saturdayfor change.[/p][/quote]We already have CKR that no addition and he is one of those No10 he wants to play as the front man not out wide we need a proper right sided midfielder you will get up and down the wing put crosses in to the likes of CKR and Rhodes plus get back and double up as support for the right back when we are under pressure hotpot8200
  • Score: 0

11:48am Thu 31 Jan 13

fanny_tickler. says...

Another one leaving the sinking ship, expect a few more before 11 pm.
Another one leaving the sinking ship, expect a few more before 11 pm. fanny_tickler.
  • Score: 0

12:22pm Thu 31 Jan 13

To.guy says...

fanny_tickler. wrote:
Another one leaving the sinking ship, expect a few more before 11 pm.
Never mind, I'm sure Burnley will have enough lifeboats to get through this season. Paterson isnt that good anyway.
[quote][p][bold]fanny_tickler.[/bold] wrote: Another one leaving the sinking ship, expect a few more before 11 pm.[/p][/quote]Never mind, I'm sure Burnley will have enough lifeboats to get through this season. Paterson isnt that good anyway. To.guy
  • Score: 0

12:40pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Wild Rover says...

fanny_tickler. wrote:
Another one leaving the sinking ship, expect a few more before 11 pm.
Actually the ship is a submarine and it aint sinking, just diving to load the torpedoes, ready to sink your ship , Tramp Steamer Turf Moor
Watch out my Dingle enema, (sorry enemy) your going down with all hands!!
Sorry to use that phrase!
Did you know that out of 100 people surveyed in Burnley, 0 knew that Sister Act was a film starring Whoopie Goldberg
[quote][p][bold]fanny_tickler.[/bold] wrote: Another one leaving the sinking ship, expect a few more before 11 pm.[/p][/quote]Actually the ship is a submarine and it aint sinking, just diving to load the torpedoes, ready to sink your ship , Tramp Steamer Turf Moor Watch out my Dingle enema, (sorry enemy) your going down with all hands!! Sorry to use that phrase! Did you know that out of 100 people surveyed in Burnley, 0 knew that Sister Act was a film starring Whoopie Goldberg Wild Rover
  • Score: 0

12:48pm Thu 31 Jan 13

1952 rover says...

to all you sad dingles sod off and find something to say about your second class team.
to all you sad dingles sod off and find something to say about your second class team. 1952 rover
  • Score: 0

1:00pm Thu 31 Jan 13

fanny_tickler. says...

1952 rover wrote:
to all you sad dingles sod off and find something to say about your second class team.
Second class team that's 5 points above you in the Championship.
[quote][p][bold]1952 rover[/bold] wrote: to all you sad dingles sod off and find something to say about your second class team.[/p][/quote]Second class team that's 5 points above you in the Championship. fanny_tickler.
  • Score: 0

2:14pm Thu 31 Jan 13

stefjam says...

Why have all our recent managers gone foe quantity over quality, we always end up with a massive 'lobsided' squads of mainly no hepers that nobody has heard of! Why do we need 5 goalkeepers ?
Why have all our recent managers gone foe quantity over quality, we always end up with a massive 'lobsided' squads of mainly no hepers that nobody has heard of! Why do we need 5 goalkeepers ? stefjam
  • Score: 0

3:09pm Thu 31 Jan 13

MxMave says...

hotpot8200 wrote:
Is that another number 10 to add to the 10 or 12 MA stated we already had(Why not keep Goodwille and try a 2 man forward line).
Surely we need competion for places to improve our game in midfield and in defence.As hardly any clean sheets ,no delivery to forwards and aging midfielders struggling to get back and support and underconfident centre backs .
Just a thought looking at most of our games this seasons.I am trying to be postive as i believe MA can do a lot better job than his predecessor`s.
We MUST retain Goodwillie. He will be a much better player than CKR if he's given the game time. I don't understand why CKR gets to play most matches and Goodwillie is restricted to 10 min cameos.
[quote][p][bold]hotpot8200[/bold] wrote: Is that another number 10 to add to the 10 or 12 MA stated we already had(Why not keep Goodwille and try a 2 man forward line). Surely we need competion for places to improve our game in midfield and in defence.As hardly any clean sheets ,no delivery to forwards and aging midfielders struggling to get back and support and underconfident centre backs . Just a thought looking at most of our games this seasons.I am trying to be postive as i believe MA can do a lot better job than his predecessor`s.[/p][/quote]We MUST retain Goodwillie. He will be a much better player than CKR if he's given the game time. I don't understand why CKR gets to play most matches and Goodwillie is restricted to 10 min cameos. MxMave
  • Score: 0

3:24pm Thu 31 Jan 13

P_Rover says...

The sticking point is he wants paying off the rest of his contract?! Hang on we're letting him go for free aren't we?! So we get no transfer fee and we have to pay him off to go ?!?! What kind of deal is that? Get stuffed West Ham. Get stuffed Robbo. Football is going down the pan.
The sticking point is he wants paying off the rest of his contract?! Hang on we're letting him go for free aren't we?! So we get no transfer fee and we have to pay him off to go ?!?! What kind of deal is that? Get stuffed West Ham. Get stuffed Robbo. Football is going down the pan. P_Rover
  • Score: 0

3:44pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Stone Island: says...

To.guy wrote:
Im not sure how Michael Appleton has been able to make a decision after such a short time, that Kean is better than Robinson. Robinson hasn't played a first team game for ages and certainly not while Appleton's been here. Could it be more a case that he's been told Robinson hasn't to feature and to offload his wages?
MA said that one of his priorities in this window, was to reduce the wage bill.
[quote][p][bold]To.guy[/bold] wrote: Im not sure how Michael Appleton has been able to make a decision after such a short time, that Kean is better than Robinson. Robinson hasn't played a first team game for ages and certainly not while Appleton's been here. Could it be more a case that he's been told Robinson hasn't to feature and to offload his wages?[/p][/quote]MA said that one of his priorities in this window, was to reduce the wage bill. Stone Island:
  • Score: 0

4:00pm Thu 31 Jan 13

bronsky says...

I look forward to reading about this lot , they are the biggest joke ever,better than reading a comic they are pathetic.
I look forward to reading about this lot , they are the biggest joke ever,better than reading a comic they are pathetic. bronsky
  • Score: 0

4:35pm Thu 31 Jan 13

To.guy says...

Stone Island: wrote:
To.guy wrote:
Im not sure how Michael Appleton has been able to make a decision after such a short time, that Kean is better than Robinson. Robinson hasn't played a first team game for ages and certainly not while Appleton's been here. Could it be more a case that he's been told Robinson hasn't to feature and to offload his wages?
MA said that one of his priorities in this window, was to reduce the wage bill.
Yes I know that but I didn't think that mean offloading a better player when the replacement is still learning his trade. You've heard of false economy havent you. Venkys havent. Thats why they got rid of high earners and coincidentally better players last season and lost a ton of potential money by being relegated from the PL
[quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]To.guy[/bold] wrote: Im not sure how Michael Appleton has been able to make a decision after such a short time, that Kean is better than Robinson. Robinson hasn't played a first team game for ages and certainly not while Appleton's been here. Could it be more a case that he's been told Robinson hasn't to feature and to offload his wages?[/p][/quote]MA said that one of his priorities in this window, was to reduce the wage bill.[/p][/quote]Yes I know that but I didn't think that mean offloading a better player when the replacement is still learning his trade. You've heard of false economy havent you. Venkys havent. Thats why they got rid of high earners and coincidentally better players last season and lost a ton of potential money by being relegated from the PL To.guy
  • Score: 0

4:46pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Is Eckersley playing? says...

What's happened to the marquee signings we were promised, folks?
What's happened to the marquee signings we were promised, folks? Is Eckersley playing?
  • Score: 0

5:04pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Stone Island: says...

To.guy wrote:
Stone Island: wrote:
To.guy wrote:
Im not sure how Michael Appleton has been able to make a decision after such a short time, that Kean is better than Robinson. Robinson hasn't played a first team game for ages and certainly not while Appleton's been here. Could it be more a case that he's been told Robinson hasn't to feature and to offload his wages?
MA said that one of his priorities in this window, was to reduce the wage bill.
Yes I know that but I didn't think that mean offloading a better player when the replacement is still learning his trade. You've heard of false economy havent you. Venkys havent. Thats why they got rid of high earners and coincidentally better players last season and lost a ton of potential money by being relegated from the PL
For reasons unknown, that appears to have been Venky's game plan from day one: getting rid of quality personnel - on and OFF the pitch - and replacing them with cheaper, inferior options. As you say, false economy, and relegation was inevitable.
[quote][p][bold]To.guy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]To.guy[/bold] wrote: Im not sure how Michael Appleton has been able to make a decision after such a short time, that Kean is better than Robinson. Robinson hasn't played a first team game for ages and certainly not while Appleton's been here. Could it be more a case that he's been told Robinson hasn't to feature and to offload his wages?[/p][/quote]MA said that one of his priorities in this window, was to reduce the wage bill.[/p][/quote]Yes I know that but I didn't think that mean offloading a better player when the replacement is still learning his trade. You've heard of false economy havent you. Venkys havent. Thats why they got rid of high earners and coincidentally better players last season and lost a ton of potential money by being relegated from the PL[/p][/quote]For reasons unknown, that appears to have been Venky's game plan from day one: getting rid of quality personnel - on and OFF the pitch - and replacing them with cheaper, inferior options. As you say, false economy, and relegation was inevitable. Stone Island:
  • Score: 0

9:18pm Thu 31 Jan 13

silverstan says...

Best of luck Robbo, quality keeper in an average team. Loads of luck where ever you end up, thanks for the memories!!
Best of luck Robbo, quality keeper in an average team. Loads of luck where ever you end up, thanks for the memories!! silverstan
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree