Dyche hails Clarets after Derby double

SEAN Dyche insists Burnley deserved their Derby double, and called for a repeat against Leicester on Saturday to end the calendar year on a high.

The Clarets boss was not in charge of the team that won the first fixture at Pride Park in September.

But after overseeing a Boxing Day 2-0 win at Turf Moor, thanks to deflected goals from Charlie Austin and Michael Duff, he felt they were full value for their first win in six games.

Burnley have lost only once in seven, but there have been four draws in that run.

Dyche was delighted to get the edge yesterday.

“I've spoken recently that I think the performance levels have been worthy or more points on the board,” he said.

“I thought there were really good signs of another good performance and this time we did get the points with two very good goals - for two different reasons – and a nice clean sheet.

“Derby I think are a fair side. I saw them on Friday night and they’ve always got players who can cause trouble and players who can come to life, as they did for 20 minutes in the second half. But the way we went about it and the feel of it then for sure it was a good performance and I thought we did come out worthy winners.”

Of the clean sheet – their fourth in 11 games under Dyche, he added: “We’ve been trying to keep (Lee Grant) quiet and I’m pleased for the defenders and the keeper – I’m pleased for the team – but a clean sheet was appropriate because we feel there’s been a couple of goals gone in recently against the run of play and that can be a bitter pill to swallow.

“They went about their business correctly and appropriately and generally I thought it was a very good win.

“The mentality we spoke about is a big part of it. Only one loss in seven, we’re looking good value for that. In fact, being greedy, we should have a few more points out of that.

“But the mentality is good, the style of play has been very good, I thought we shifted the ball through the units well other than the 20 minutes after half-time and went out and controlled the last 15 minutes of the game and did a very professional job.”

Austin, who broke the deadlock six minutes before the break, was withdrawn through in the second half, but Dyche hopes it is nothing serious.

“It’s just a bit of tightness,” he explained.

“We’ll find out more over the next day or so. We’re hoping it’s something and nothing.”

Junior Stanislas missed the game with a hamstring problem but could be back to face Leicester on Saturday.

“He’s got a tight hamstring and it was too touch and go to risk,” Dyche added.

“The risk and reward of injuries you have to monitor wisely with the medical team.”

Comments (19)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:18am Thu 27 Dec 12

no ney never says...

Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.
Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas. no ney never

8:55am Thu 27 Dec 12

steralc says...

Well done to the dyche men
Slowly pulling away from them fiddlers from prune (Pune)
Up the clarets
Well done to the dyche men Slowly pulling away from them fiddlers from prune (Pune) Up the clarets steralc

9:16am Thu 27 Dec 12

bulldogbrfc says...

2 comments from the dingles says it all shiit club shiit fans
2 comments from the dingles says it all shiit club shiit fans bulldogbrfc

10:26am Thu 27 Dec 12

bobinspain says...

bulldogbrfc wrote:
2 comments from the dingles says it all shiit club shiit fans
Whilst your BRFC site is plastered with good news and and upbeat comments from contented supporters.
Get real, get a brain and grow up.
[quote][p][bold]bulldogbrfc[/bold] wrote: 2 comments from the dingles says it all shiit club shiit fans[/p][/quote]Whilst your BRFC site is plastered with good news and and upbeat comments from contented supporters. Get real, get a brain and grow up. bobinspain

10:35am Thu 27 Dec 12

TodClaret says...

bulldogbrfc wrote:
2 comments from the dingles says it all shiit club shiit fans
I'd be more worried about your tin pot outfit if I was you.

You lot are haemorrhaging fans for fun. Rumour has it that Lancs police wanted to use buses for your big derby game with PNE next season. At this rate they'll be able to take your fans in a panda car.
[quote][p][bold]bulldogbrfc[/bold] wrote: 2 comments from the dingles says it all shiit club shiit fans[/p][/quote]I'd be more worried about your tin pot outfit if I was you. You lot are haemorrhaging fans for fun. Rumour has it that Lancs police wanted to use buses for your big derby game with PNE next season. At this rate they'll be able to take your fans in a panda car. TodClaret

10:59am Thu 27 Dec 12

morleyclaret says...

bulldogbrfc wrote:
2 comments from the dingles says it all shiit club shiit fans
The statement said: "Blackburn Rovers FC has announced the departure of manager Henning Berg, assistant manager Eric Black, first team coach Iain Brunskill and goalkeeping coach Bobby Mimms with immediate effect.

Went on to main LET site for this but felt it appropriate to post back on Burnley's

Probably not a lot m,ore I can say bulldogbrfc.....
If I said I was sorry, you wouldn't believe me but, I have followed BFC for over 50 years and the banter between the 2 East Lancs. clubs used to be great! Not any more obviously.
I'm sure there are still BRFC supporters who will remember those days and understand that my sympathy is genuine - poor choice of ownership after so many good years using Mr Walker's money
[quote][p][bold]bulldogbrfc[/bold] wrote: 2 comments from the dingles says it all shiit club shiit fans[/p][/quote]The statement said: "Blackburn Rovers FC has announced the departure of manager Henning Berg, assistant manager Eric Black, first team coach Iain Brunskill and goalkeeping coach Bobby Mimms with immediate effect. Went on to main LET site for this but felt it appropriate to post back on Burnley's Probably not a lot m,ore I can say bulldogbrfc..... If I said I was sorry, you wouldn't believe me but, I have followed BFC for over 50 years and the banter between the 2 East Lancs. clubs used to be great! Not any more obviously. I'm sure there are still BRFC supporters who will remember those days and understand that my sympathy is genuine - poor choice of ownership after so many good years using Mr Walker's money morleyclaret

11:13am Thu 27 Dec 12

merlinrabbit says...

no ney never wrote:
Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.
Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre
[quote][p][bold]no ney never[/bold] wrote: Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.[/p][/quote]Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre merlinrabbit

11:15am Thu 27 Dec 12

TodClaret says...

Message to mission control.

"Agent Berg has been compromised"

Message from mission control.

"Affirmative. Don't worry, we have agents Corroli, Tinky-winky or Zippy standing by. Venkys wouldn't possibly think that they don't have the right credentials"
Message to mission control. "Agent Berg has been compromised" Message from mission control. "Affirmative. Don't worry, we have agents Corroli, Tinky-winky or Zippy standing by. Venkys wouldn't possibly think that they don't have the right credentials" TodClaret

11:34am Thu 27 Dec 12

TodClaret says...

merlinrabbit wrote:
no ney never wrote:
Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.
Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre
Yet here you are Merlin on a Clarets message board. Surely that is more bizarre.
How's this for an idea? Perhaps rovers fans are more obsessed with us than we are with them. The aeroplane in the playoffs, going on about us not beating them for thirty years even though we've hardly played them or their fast fading memories of winning the premier league.
Or what about coming on our message boards telling us how much better than us they are?
[quote][p][bold]merlinrabbit[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]no ney never[/bold] wrote: Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.[/p][/quote]Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre[/p][/quote]Yet here you are Merlin on a Clarets message board. Surely that is more bizarre. How's this for an idea? Perhaps rovers fans are more obsessed with us than we are with them. The aeroplane in the playoffs, going on about us not beating them for thirty years even though we've hardly played them or their fast fading memories of winning the premier league. Or what about coming on our message boards telling us how much better than us they are? TodClaret

1:16pm Thu 27 Dec 12

FCBurnley says...

merlinrabbit wrote:
no ney never wrote:
Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.
Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre
My Dearest Merlin

How sweet of you to worry about our poor little club especially during your own time of grief over your own clubs demise.

We understand that you are vastly superior to us in every way. Your club is well run, profitable and is owned by the nicest of people. Your results over the last few years have been truly remarkable and of course you have the most loyal fans in the League.

On the other hand, we are just little old Burnley who just keep winning the odd game or two, are debt free, have the leading scorer in the league and an intelligent incisive manager.

So sorry Merlin, when we win you will not find pages and pages of discussion about our club. Why ? Because we are used to it. We accept that winning is what we do. A 2-0 victory over Derby is hardly a headline maker is it ? Now if we were to lose 4 straight games, that would get the Burnley natives talking. But of course no decent club ever lose 4 straight games.........do they ?

Finally, have Rovers been moved back into the Prem ? I keep looking up the Championship and cant find Rovers anywhere. Surely such a perfect mighty club can`t be below little old Burnley...........or can they ?

Have a great 2013 Merlin.
[quote][p][bold]merlinrabbit[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]no ney never[/bold] wrote: Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.[/p][/quote]Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre[/p][/quote]My Dearest Merlin How sweet of you to worry about our poor little club especially during your own time of grief over your own clubs demise. We understand that you are vastly superior to us in every way. Your club is well run, profitable and is owned by the nicest of people. Your results over the last few years have been truly remarkable and of course you have the most loyal fans in the League. On the other hand, we are just little old Burnley who just keep winning the odd game or two, are debt free, have the leading scorer in the league and an intelligent incisive manager. So sorry Merlin, when we win you will not find pages and pages of discussion about our club. Why ? Because we are used to it. We accept that winning is what we do. A 2-0 victory over Derby is hardly a headline maker is it ? Now if we were to lose 4 straight games, that would get the Burnley natives talking. But of course no decent club ever lose 4 straight games.........do they ? Finally, have Rovers been moved back into the Prem ? I keep looking up the Championship and cant find Rovers anywhere. Surely such a perfect mighty club can`t be below little old Burnley...........or can they ? Have a great 2013 Merlin. FCBurnley

2:19pm Thu 27 Dec 12

Scamp Kingsley says...

Little old Burnley standing tall above the likes of ex-prem. bolton and woavrz this xmas.
So proud to be a CLARET.
Little old Burnley standing tall above the likes of ex-prem. bolton and woavrz this xmas. So proud to be a CLARET. Scamp Kingsley

2:59pm Thu 27 Dec 12

FCBurnley says...

Hey Merlin

Schhhhhhhh !
Hey Merlin Schhhhhhhh ! FCBurnley

5:58pm Thu 27 Dec 12

RoversLXXV says...

FCBurnley wrote:
merlinrabbit wrote:
no ney never wrote:
Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.
Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre
My Dearest Merlin

How sweet of you to worry about our poor little club especially during your own time of grief over your own clubs demise.

We understand that you are vastly superior to us in every way. Your club is well run, profitable and is owned by the nicest of people. Your results over the last few years have been truly remarkable and of course you have the most loyal fans in the League.

On the other hand, we are just little old Burnley who just keep winning the odd game or two, are debt free, have the leading scorer in the league and an intelligent incisive manager.

So sorry Merlin, when we win you will not find pages and pages of discussion about our club. Why ? Because we are used to it. We accept that winning is what we do. A 2-0 victory over Derby is hardly a headline maker is it ? Now if we were to lose 4 straight games, that would get the Burnley natives talking. But of course no decent club ever lose 4 straight games.........do they ?

Finally, have Rovers been moved back into the Prem ? I keep looking up the Championship and cant find Rovers anywhere. Surely such a perfect mighty club can`t be below little old Burnley...........or can they ?

Have a great 2013 Merlin.
Just thought I'd say hi FCB because I'm bored.

I see you've adopted quite a smug & sarcastic approach now, content in the fact that Bonlehs 30 year nightmare of being a comical and pathetic so called rival to BRFC is finally over.

Don't count your chickens (yeah yeah) just yet though my shell suit wearing friend......

Just imagine (and I know it's hard to very hard to imagine - almost impossible infact) but just imagine if those disgusting chicken farming sewer rats, who couldn't have done a better job of destroying BRFC than even the most bitter and twisted dingle, actually make a good decision and appoint a proven manager who will get the best out of the current Rovers squad? Deep deep down, I reckon there's still a little bit of fear that things might just start to get better down Ewood way and your little taster of being 'top-dog' will be as short lived as Bergs spell as manager.

Imagine that? Funnier things have happened!

I'll keep you posted.........
[quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]merlinrabbit[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]no ney never[/bold] wrote: Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.[/p][/quote]Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre[/p][/quote]My Dearest Merlin How sweet of you to worry about our poor little club especially during your own time of grief over your own clubs demise. We understand that you are vastly superior to us in every way. Your club is well run, profitable and is owned by the nicest of people. Your results over the last few years have been truly remarkable and of course you have the most loyal fans in the League. On the other hand, we are just little old Burnley who just keep winning the odd game or two, are debt free, have the leading scorer in the league and an intelligent incisive manager. So sorry Merlin, when we win you will not find pages and pages of discussion about our club. Why ? Because we are used to it. We accept that winning is what we do. A 2-0 victory over Derby is hardly a headline maker is it ? Now if we were to lose 4 straight games, that would get the Burnley natives talking. But of course no decent club ever lose 4 straight games.........do they ? Finally, have Rovers been moved back into the Prem ? I keep looking up the Championship and cant find Rovers anywhere. Surely such a perfect mighty club can`t be below little old Burnley...........or can they ? Have a great 2013 Merlin.[/p][/quote]Just thought I'd say hi FCB because I'm bored. I see you've adopted quite a smug & sarcastic approach now, content in the fact that Bonlehs 30 year nightmare of being a comical and pathetic so called rival to BRFC is finally over. Don't count your chickens (yeah yeah) just yet though my shell suit wearing friend...... Just imagine (and I know it's hard to very hard to imagine - almost impossible infact) but just imagine if those disgusting chicken farming sewer rats, who couldn't have done a better job of destroying BRFC than even the most bitter and twisted dingle, actually make a good decision and appoint a proven manager who will get the best out of the current Rovers squad? Deep deep down, I reckon there's still a little bit of fear that things might just start to get better down Ewood way and your little taster of being 'top-dog' will be as short lived as Bergs spell as manager. Imagine that? Funnier things have happened! I'll keep you posted......... RoversLXXV

7:17pm Thu 27 Dec 12

FCBurnley says...

RoversLXXV wrote:
FCBurnley wrote:
merlinrabbit wrote:
no ney never wrote:
Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.
Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre
My Dearest Merlin

How sweet of you to worry about our poor little club especially during your own time of grief over your own clubs demise.

We understand that you are vastly superior to us in every way. Your club is well run, profitable and is owned by the nicest of people. Your results over the last few years have been truly remarkable and of course you have the most loyal fans in the League.

On the other hand, we are just little old Burnley who just keep winning the odd game or two, are debt free, have the leading scorer in the league and an intelligent incisive manager.

So sorry Merlin, when we win you will not find pages and pages of discussion about our club. Why ? Because we are used to it. We accept that winning is what we do. A 2-0 victory over Derby is hardly a headline maker is it ? Now if we were to lose 4 straight games, that would get the Burnley natives talking. But of course no decent club ever lose 4 straight games.........do they ?

Finally, have Rovers been moved back into the Prem ? I keep looking up the Championship and cant find Rovers anywhere. Surely such a perfect mighty club can`t be below little old Burnley...........or can they ?

Have a great 2013 Merlin.
Just thought I'd say hi FCB because I'm bored.

I see you've adopted quite a smug & sarcastic approach now, content in the fact that Bonlehs 30 year nightmare of being a comical and pathetic so called rival to BRFC is finally over.

Don't count your chickens (yeah yeah) just yet though my shell suit wearing friend......

Just imagine (and I know it's hard to very hard to imagine - almost impossible infact) but just imagine if those disgusting chicken farming sewer rats, who couldn't have done a better job of destroying BRFC than even the most bitter and twisted dingle, actually make a good decision and appoint a proven manager who will get the best out of the current Rovers squad? Deep deep down, I reckon there's still a little bit of fear that things might just start to get better down Ewood way and your little taster of being 'top-dog' will be as short lived as Bergs spell as manager.

Imagine that? Funnier things have happened!

I'll keep you posted.........
Greetings Rover75,

Sorry to hear you are bored, would have thought all the action at Ewood would have kept you entertained.

I guess your thesis on your owners making a good decision is based on the fact that eventually they will get something right.. As you say `Funnier things have happened` . How true that is.

If the MacDonald odds are to be believed then it looks like he will be your new manager. Does that fill me with the fear you describe, well not exactly.Do I see an opportunity to have even more fun at your (not you personally) expense ? Yes I do in fact `I`m Lovin it `

Whatever happens it will certainly be interesting. Please do keep me posted.
[quote][p][bold]RoversLXXV[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]merlinrabbit[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]no ney never[/bold] wrote: Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.[/p][/quote]Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre[/p][/quote]My Dearest Merlin How sweet of you to worry about our poor little club especially during your own time of grief over your own clubs demise. We understand that you are vastly superior to us in every way. Your club is well run, profitable and is owned by the nicest of people. Your results over the last few years have been truly remarkable and of course you have the most loyal fans in the League. On the other hand, we are just little old Burnley who just keep winning the odd game or two, are debt free, have the leading scorer in the league and an intelligent incisive manager. So sorry Merlin, when we win you will not find pages and pages of discussion about our club. Why ? Because we are used to it. We accept that winning is what we do. A 2-0 victory over Derby is hardly a headline maker is it ? Now if we were to lose 4 straight games, that would get the Burnley natives talking. But of course no decent club ever lose 4 straight games.........do they ? Finally, have Rovers been moved back into the Prem ? I keep looking up the Championship and cant find Rovers anywhere. Surely such a perfect mighty club can`t be below little old Burnley...........or can they ? Have a great 2013 Merlin.[/p][/quote]Just thought I'd say hi FCB because I'm bored. I see you've adopted quite a smug & sarcastic approach now, content in the fact that Bonlehs 30 year nightmare of being a comical and pathetic so called rival to BRFC is finally over. Don't count your chickens (yeah yeah) just yet though my shell suit wearing friend...... Just imagine (and I know it's hard to very hard to imagine - almost impossible infact) but just imagine if those disgusting chicken farming sewer rats, who couldn't have done a better job of destroying BRFC than even the most bitter and twisted dingle, actually make a good decision and appoint a proven manager who will get the best out of the current Rovers squad? Deep deep down, I reckon there's still a little bit of fear that things might just start to get better down Ewood way and your little taster of being 'top-dog' will be as short lived as Bergs spell as manager. Imagine that? Funnier things have happened! I'll keep you posted.........[/p][/quote]Greetings Rover75, Sorry to hear you are bored, would have thought all the action at Ewood would have kept you entertained. I guess your thesis on your owners making a good decision is based on the fact that eventually they will get something right.. As you say `Funnier things have happened` . How true that is. If the MacDonald odds are to be believed then it looks like he will be your new manager. Does that fill me with the fear you describe, well not exactly.Do I see an opportunity to have even more fun at your (not you personally) expense ? Yes I do in fact `I`m Lovin it ` Whatever happens it will certainly be interesting. Please do keep me posted. FCBurnley

9:04pm Thu 27 Dec 12

8 Ball Deluxe says...

Thats it, I stumbled on it by mistake, Sean Dick van Dyche will be the next manager, he ticks all the boxes.
1 He is at a dead end no hope rubbish club that lacks ambition and smells
2 He has a bald head so he can be airbrushed easily on a team photo.
3 He is ginger so he cannot go to india or will die of sunburn.
4 He will wear a wig at the christmas party
5 He wants to move to a bigger club like Eddie Howe did
6 He likes chicken currie.
7 A ginger in a claret and blue tracksuit, c'mon a definite fashion faux pas
Thats it, I stumbled on it by mistake, Sean Dick van Dyche will be the next manager, he ticks all the boxes. 1 He is at a dead end no hope rubbish club that lacks ambition and smells 2 He has a bald head so he can be airbrushed easily on a team photo. 3 He is ginger so he cannot go to india or will die of sunburn. 4 He will wear a wig at the christmas party 5 He wants to move to a bigger club like Eddie Howe did 6 He likes chicken currie. 7 A ginger in a claret and blue tracksuit, c'mon a definite fashion faux pas 8 Ball Deluxe

9:31pm Thu 27 Dec 12

FCBurnley says...

8 Ball Deluxe wrote:
Thats it, I stumbled on it by mistake, Sean Dick van Dyche will be the next manager, he ticks all the boxes.
1 He is at a dead end no hope rubbish club that lacks ambition and smells
2 He has a bald head so he can be airbrushed easily on a team photo.
3 He is ginger so he cannot go to india or will die of sunburn.
4 He will wear a wig at the christmas party
5 He wants to move to a bigger club like Eddie Howe did
6 He likes chicken currie.
7 A ginger in a claret and blue tracksuit, c'mon a definite fashion faux pas
Sorry mate, won`t happen. He fails to meet the criteria of only winning once every 10 games.
[quote][p][bold]8 Ball Deluxe[/bold] wrote: Thats it, I stumbled on it by mistake, Sean Dick van Dyche will be the next manager, he ticks all the boxes. 1 He is at a dead end no hope rubbish club that lacks ambition and smells 2 He has a bald head so he can be airbrushed easily on a team photo. 3 He is ginger so he cannot go to india or will die of sunburn. 4 He will wear a wig at the christmas party 5 He wants to move to a bigger club like Eddie Howe did 6 He likes chicken currie. 7 A ginger in a claret and blue tracksuit, c'mon a definite fashion faux pas[/p][/quote]Sorry mate, won`t happen. He fails to meet the criteria of only winning once every 10 games. FCBurnley

10:17pm Thu 27 Dec 12

RoversLXXV says...

FCBurnley wrote:
RoversLXXV wrote:
FCBurnley wrote:
merlinrabbit wrote:
no ney never wrote:
Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.
Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre
My Dearest Merlin

How sweet of you to worry about our poor little club especially during your own time of grief over your own clubs demise.

We understand that you are vastly superior to us in every way. Your club is well run, profitable and is owned by the nicest of people. Your results over the last few years have been truly remarkable and of course you have the most loyal fans in the League.

On the other hand, we are just little old Burnley who just keep winning the odd game or two, are debt free, have the leading scorer in the league and an intelligent incisive manager.

So sorry Merlin, when we win you will not find pages and pages of discussion about our club. Why ? Because we are used to it. We accept that winning is what we do. A 2-0 victory over Derby is hardly a headline maker is it ? Now if we were to lose 4 straight games, that would get the Burnley natives talking. But of course no decent club ever lose 4 straight games.........do they ?

Finally, have Rovers been moved back into the Prem ? I keep looking up the Championship and cant find Rovers anywhere. Surely such a perfect mighty club can`t be below little old Burnley...........or can they ?

Have a great 2013 Merlin.
Just thought I'd say hi FCB because I'm bored.

I see you've adopted quite a smug & sarcastic approach now, content in the fact that Bonlehs 30 year nightmare of being a comical and pathetic so called rival to BRFC is finally over.

Don't count your chickens (yeah yeah) just yet though my shell suit wearing friend......

Just imagine (and I know it's hard to very hard to imagine - almost impossible infact) but just imagine if those disgusting chicken farming sewer rats, who couldn't have done a better job of destroying BRFC than even the most bitter and twisted dingle, actually make a good decision and appoint a proven manager who will get the best out of the current Rovers squad? Deep deep down, I reckon there's still a little bit of fear that things might just start to get better down Ewood way and your little taster of being 'top-dog' will be as short lived as Bergs spell as manager.

Imagine that? Funnier things have happened!

I'll keep you posted.........
Greetings Rover75,

Sorry to hear you are bored, would have thought all the action at Ewood would have kept you entertained.

I guess your thesis on your owners making a good decision is based on the fact that eventually they will get something right.. As you say `Funnier things have happened` . How true that is.

If the MacDonald odds are to be believed then it looks like he will be your new manager. Does that fill me with the fear you describe, well not exactly.Do I see an opportunity to have even more fun at your (not you personally) expense ? Yes I do in fact `I`m Lovin it `

Whatever happens it will certainly be interesting. Please do keep me posted.
For f*cks sake FCB it's Rovers75 not Rover75!

A Rover75 is an old car that's normally champagne gold, has a wheel trim missing and a thirty stone woman with greasy hair driving, oh and a 'DareTo Dream' sticker in the back window of course!!
[quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RoversLXXV[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]merlinrabbit[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]no ney never[/bold] wrote: Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.[/p][/quote]Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre[/p][/quote]My Dearest Merlin How sweet of you to worry about our poor little club especially during your own time of grief over your own clubs demise. We understand that you are vastly superior to us in every way. Your club is well run, profitable and is owned by the nicest of people. Your results over the last few years have been truly remarkable and of course you have the most loyal fans in the League. On the other hand, we are just little old Burnley who just keep winning the odd game or two, are debt free, have the leading scorer in the league and an intelligent incisive manager. So sorry Merlin, when we win you will not find pages and pages of discussion about our club. Why ? Because we are used to it. We accept that winning is what we do. A 2-0 victory over Derby is hardly a headline maker is it ? Now if we were to lose 4 straight games, that would get the Burnley natives talking. But of course no decent club ever lose 4 straight games.........do they ? Finally, have Rovers been moved back into the Prem ? I keep looking up the Championship and cant find Rovers anywhere. Surely such a perfect mighty club can`t be below little old Burnley...........or can they ? Have a great 2013 Merlin.[/p][/quote]Just thought I'd say hi FCB because I'm bored. I see you've adopted quite a smug & sarcastic approach now, content in the fact that Bonlehs 30 year nightmare of being a comical and pathetic so called rival to BRFC is finally over. Don't count your chickens (yeah yeah) just yet though my shell suit wearing friend...... Just imagine (and I know it's hard to very hard to imagine - almost impossible infact) but just imagine if those disgusting chicken farming sewer rats, who couldn't have done a better job of destroying BRFC than even the most bitter and twisted dingle, actually make a good decision and appoint a proven manager who will get the best out of the current Rovers squad? Deep deep down, I reckon there's still a little bit of fear that things might just start to get better down Ewood way and your little taster of being 'top-dog' will be as short lived as Bergs spell as manager. Imagine that? Funnier things have happened! I'll keep you posted.........[/p][/quote]Greetings Rover75, Sorry to hear you are bored, would have thought all the action at Ewood would have kept you entertained. I guess your thesis on your owners making a good decision is based on the fact that eventually they will get something right.. As you say `Funnier things have happened` . How true that is. If the MacDonald odds are to be believed then it looks like he will be your new manager. Does that fill me with the fear you describe, well not exactly.Do I see an opportunity to have even more fun at your (not you personally) expense ? Yes I do in fact `I`m Lovin it ` Whatever happens it will certainly be interesting. Please do keep me posted.[/p][/quote]For f*cks sake FCB it's Rovers75 not Rover75! A Rover75 is an old car that's normally champagne gold, has a wheel trim missing and a thirty stone woman with greasy hair driving, oh and a 'DareTo Dream' sticker in the back window of course!! RoversLXXV

11:09pm Thu 27 Dec 12

FCBurnley says...

RoversLXXV wrote:
FCBurnley wrote:
RoversLXXV wrote:
FCBurnley wrote:
merlinrabbit wrote:
no ney never wrote:
Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.
Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre
My Dearest Merlin

How sweet of you to worry about our poor little club especially during your own time of grief over your own clubs demise.

We understand that you are vastly superior to us in every way. Your club is well run, profitable and is owned by the nicest of people. Your results over the last few years have been truly remarkable and of course you have the most loyal fans in the League.

On the other hand, we are just little old Burnley who just keep winning the odd game or two, are debt free, have the leading scorer in the league and an intelligent incisive manager.

So sorry Merlin, when we win you will not find pages and pages of discussion about our club. Why ? Because we are used to it. We accept that winning is what we do. A 2-0 victory over Derby is hardly a headline maker is it ? Now if we were to lose 4 straight games, that would get the Burnley natives talking. But of course no decent club ever lose 4 straight games.........do they ?

Finally, have Rovers been moved back into the Prem ? I keep looking up the Championship and cant find Rovers anywhere. Surely such a perfect mighty club can`t be below little old Burnley...........or can they ?

Have a great 2013 Merlin.
Just thought I'd say hi FCB because I'm bored.

I see you've adopted quite a smug & sarcastic approach now, content in the fact that Bonlehs 30 year nightmare of being a comical and pathetic so called rival to BRFC is finally over.

Don't count your chickens (yeah yeah) just yet though my shell suit wearing friend......

Just imagine (and I know it's hard to very hard to imagine - almost impossible infact) but just imagine if those disgusting chicken farming sewer rats, who couldn't have done a better job of destroying BRFC than even the most bitter and twisted dingle, actually make a good decision and appoint a proven manager who will get the best out of the current Rovers squad? Deep deep down, I reckon there's still a little bit of fear that things might just start to get better down Ewood way and your little taster of being 'top-dog' will be as short lived as Bergs spell as manager.

Imagine that? Funnier things have happened!

I'll keep you posted.........
Greetings Rover75,

Sorry to hear you are bored, would have thought all the action at Ewood would have kept you entertained.

I guess your thesis on your owners making a good decision is based on the fact that eventually they will get something right.. As you say `Funnier things have happened` . How true that is.

If the MacDonald odds are to be believed then it looks like he will be your new manager. Does that fill me with the fear you describe, well not exactly.Do I see an opportunity to have even more fun at your (not you personally) expense ? Yes I do in fact `I`m Lovin it `

Whatever happens it will certainly be interesting. Please do keep me posted.
For f*cks sake FCB it's Rovers75 not Rover75!

A Rover75 is an old car that's normally champagne gold, has a wheel trim missing and a thirty stone woman with greasy hair driving, oh and a 'DareTo Dream' sticker in the back window of course!!
Apologies for my error. Do they make Rover 75`s in Blue and White ?
[quote][p][bold]RoversLXXV[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RoversLXXV[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]merlinrabbit[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]no ney never[/bold] wrote: Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.[/p][/quote]Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre[/p][/quote]My Dearest Merlin How sweet of you to worry about our poor little club especially during your own time of grief over your own clubs demise. We understand that you are vastly superior to us in every way. Your club is well run, profitable and is owned by the nicest of people. Your results over the last few years have been truly remarkable and of course you have the most loyal fans in the League. On the other hand, we are just little old Burnley who just keep winning the odd game or two, are debt free, have the leading scorer in the league and an intelligent incisive manager. So sorry Merlin, when we win you will not find pages and pages of discussion about our club. Why ? Because we are used to it. We accept that winning is what we do. A 2-0 victory over Derby is hardly a headline maker is it ? Now if we were to lose 4 straight games, that would get the Burnley natives talking. But of course no decent club ever lose 4 straight games.........do they ? Finally, have Rovers been moved back into the Prem ? I keep looking up the Championship and cant find Rovers anywhere. Surely such a perfect mighty club can`t be below little old Burnley...........or can they ? Have a great 2013 Merlin.[/p][/quote]Just thought I'd say hi FCB because I'm bored. I see you've adopted quite a smug & sarcastic approach now, content in the fact that Bonlehs 30 year nightmare of being a comical and pathetic so called rival to BRFC is finally over. Don't count your chickens (yeah yeah) just yet though my shell suit wearing friend...... Just imagine (and I know it's hard to very hard to imagine - almost impossible infact) but just imagine if those disgusting chicken farming sewer rats, who couldn't have done a better job of destroying BRFC than even the most bitter and twisted dingle, actually make a good decision and appoint a proven manager who will get the best out of the current Rovers squad? Deep deep down, I reckon there's still a little bit of fear that things might just start to get better down Ewood way and your little taster of being 'top-dog' will be as short lived as Bergs spell as manager. Imagine that? Funnier things have happened! I'll keep you posted.........[/p][/quote]Greetings Rover75, Sorry to hear you are bored, would have thought all the action at Ewood would have kept you entertained. I guess your thesis on your owners making a good decision is based on the fact that eventually they will get something right.. As you say `Funnier things have happened` . How true that is. If the MacDonald odds are to be believed then it looks like he will be your new manager. Does that fill me with the fear you describe, well not exactly.Do I see an opportunity to have even more fun at your (not you personally) expense ? Yes I do in fact `I`m Lovin it ` Whatever happens it will certainly be interesting. Please do keep me posted.[/p][/quote]For f*cks sake FCB it's Rovers75 not Rover75! A Rover75 is an old car that's normally champagne gold, has a wheel trim missing and a thirty stone woman with greasy hair driving, oh and a 'DareTo Dream' sticker in the back window of course!![/p][/quote]Apologies for my error. Do they make Rover 75`s in Blue and White ? FCBurnley

11:36am Sat 29 Dec 12

stevieclaret says...

merlinrabbit wrote:
no ney never wrote:
Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.
Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre
Pot - kettle - black.

There are loads of rovers WUMs on here. There r normally more but they haven't got much to shout about!!
[quote][p][bold]merlinrabbit[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]no ney never[/bold] wrote: Well done lads, great result....Merry Christmas.[/p][/quote]Not intending to start an argument but as you are a constant in 'discussion' about Blackburn Rovers, well actually you just post the same repetitive phrases, I was curious as to what you actually have to say about your own club. I am genuinely surprised that you dont have anything more to say, nothing about how individual players did, what you expect next game, tactics. There has to be something wrong with you why you spend so much of your own time typing out the same ha ha ha or do you just cut and paste? I know the rivalry as much as anybody. Used to go to the old derbies. This isnt rivalry. It's pure obsession borne from some deep envy. How can you be so badly affected by the past success of a football club? It's very bizarre[/p][/quote]Pot - kettle - black. There are loads of rovers WUMs on here. There r normally more but they haven't got much to shout about!! stevieclaret

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree