Rovers in talks to land Manchester United striker King

First published in Sport Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by , Blackburn Rovers reporter

BLACKBURN Rovers are hoping to sign Manchester United striker Josh King on loan before the close of the window tomorrow.

The 20-year-old featured in United's Champions League defeat to Galatasaray last night, but Rovers are in talks to bring him to Ewood Park.

For full story see tomorrow's Lancashire Telegraph

Comments (53)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:17pm Wed 21 Nov 12

YarkshahRover says...

Signs that HBs Man U connections are proving useful but is it another striker that we need?
Signs that HBs Man U connections are proving useful but is it another striker that we need? YarkshahRover
  • Score: 3

12:28pm Wed 21 Nov 12

jackmetickler says...

whilst you can never have too many decent strikers you do not want to spend months turning someone into a good striker to see the mancs benefit...
never heard of him and even less likely to have watched the scum in the CL.

never seen much benefit to Rovers future in this sort of deal.... unless HB is going to bin someone in the Transfer window.
whilst you can never have too many decent strikers you do not want to spend months turning someone into a good striker to see the mancs benefit... never heard of him and even less likely to have watched the scum in the CL. never seen much benefit to Rovers future in this sort of deal.... unless HB is going to bin someone in the Transfer window. jackmetickler
  • Score: -8

12:38pm Wed 21 Nov 12

flyingv1 says...

jackmetickler wrote:
whilst you can never have too many decent strikers you do not want to spend months turning someone into a good striker to see the mancs benefit... never heard of him and even less likely to have watched the scum in the CL. never seen much benefit to Rovers future in this sort of deal.... unless HB is going to bin someone in the Transfer window.
I am the same, never watch them, so the player is an unknown quantity. However it all depends on the length of the proposed loan deal. A couple of months may see Leon Best returning and therefore this guy would "plug the gap".
[quote][p][bold]jackmetickler[/bold] wrote: whilst you can never have too many decent strikers you do not want to spend months turning someone into a good striker to see the mancs benefit... never heard of him and even less likely to have watched the scum in the CL. never seen much benefit to Rovers future in this sort of deal.... unless HB is going to bin someone in the Transfer window.[/p][/quote]I am the same, never watch them, so the player is an unknown quantity. However it all depends on the length of the proposed loan deal. A couple of months may see Leon Best returning and therefore this guy would "plug the gap". flyingv1
  • Score: 6

12:49pm Wed 21 Nov 12

Brears says...

We need a striker to support Rhodes. We/he were superb against Peterborough but he has looked isolated in other games. Also if Rhodes picks up an injury we are absolutely snookered
We need a striker to support Rhodes. We/he were superb against Peterborough but he has looked isolated in other games. Also if Rhodes picks up an injury we are absolutely snookered Brears
  • Score: 18

1:00pm Wed 21 Nov 12

ChrisDeBerg says...

flyingv1 wrote:
jackmetickler wrote:
whilst you can never have too many decent strikers you do not want to spend months turning someone into a good striker to see the mancs benefit... never heard of him and even less likely to have watched the scum in the CL. never seen much benefit to Rovers future in this sort of deal.... unless HB is going to bin someone in the Transfer window.
I am the same, never watch them, so the player is an unknown quantity. However it all depends on the length of the proposed loan deal. A couple of months may see Leon Best returning and therefore this guy would "plug the gap".
Quick check on Wiki reveals...

He's Norwegian, so if Berg can tell him in Norwegian lingo to basically give Rhodes the ball then I think we're laughing! :)

He's scored a fair bit for Norway's youth international teams so knows how to hit the net.

Didn't score much for Hull on loan, but was he used as a primary goal scorer, or given the right role/position?

Been played under Fergie and as we all know, anyone who has some of Fergies management tends to be an improvment on their game.

I think it's a wise option for a loan...

RTID
[quote][p][bold]flyingv1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jackmetickler[/bold] wrote: whilst you can never have too many decent strikers you do not want to spend months turning someone into a good striker to see the mancs benefit... never heard of him and even less likely to have watched the scum in the CL. never seen much benefit to Rovers future in this sort of deal.... unless HB is going to bin someone in the Transfer window.[/p][/quote]I am the same, never watch them, so the player is an unknown quantity. However it all depends on the length of the proposed loan deal. A couple of months may see Leon Best returning and therefore this guy would "plug the gap".[/p][/quote]Quick check on Wiki reveals... He's Norwegian, so if Berg can tell him in Norwegian lingo to basically give Rhodes the ball then I think we're laughing! :) He's scored a fair bit for Norway's youth international teams so knows how to hit the net. Didn't score much for Hull on loan, but was he used as a primary goal scorer, or given the right role/position? Been played under Fergie and as we all know, anyone who has some of Fergies management tends to be an improvment on their game. I think it's a wise option for a loan... RTID ChrisDeBerg
  • Score: 9

1:03pm Wed 21 Nov 12

Searcher says...

Brears wrote:
We need a striker to support Rhodes. We/he were superb against Peterborough but he has looked isolated in other games. Also if Rhodes picks up an injury we are absolutely snookered
I don't think we are snookered. We had Gomes firing very well before Rhodes came. In January we have Goodwilly and Best (hopefully) back.

If he's a hold up player/target man then that would be great until January.

I'd rather have a proper left back and play Martin Ollson in midfield left. We haven't had a proper left back for ages.
[quote][p][bold]Brears[/bold] wrote: We need a striker to support Rhodes. We/he were superb against Peterborough but he has looked isolated in other games. Also if Rhodes picks up an injury we are absolutely snookered[/p][/quote]I don't think we are snookered. We had Gomes firing very well before Rhodes came. In January we have Goodwilly and Best (hopefully) back. If he's a hold up player/target man then that would be great until January. I'd rather have a proper left back and play Martin Ollson in midfield left. We haven't had a proper left back for ages. Searcher
  • Score: 2

1:13pm Wed 21 Nov 12

stephenrover says...

Says on Sky Sports we'll try and make the agreement "permanent" in January?! Didn't quite understand what to make of that -loan extension or proper transfer?
Says on Sky Sports we'll try and make the agreement "permanent" in January?! Didn't quite understand what to make of that -loan extension or proper transfer? stephenrover
  • Score: -3

1:23pm Wed 21 Nov 12

makaveli96 says...

His brother Joe made me laugh
His brother Joe made me laugh makaveli96
  • Score: 12

1:25pm Wed 21 Nov 12

Crow27 says...

I am surprised by this potential signing. King can play striker or wings. I think at this moment in time we do not need him. I think we need HB;
RB cover for Henley, Centre Back or LB
Box to box midfielder
RW
Target/Hold Up Striker
I think we have enough strikers and players who could play there if really needed. In the future we need someone to assist Rhodes up front.
RW is the main priority I feel as there is only really Formica or CKR who can play there are the moment but it is defeinitely not their favoured position.
I am surprised by this potential signing. King can play striker or wings. I think at this moment in time we do not need him. I think we need HB; RB cover for Henley, Centre Back or LB Box to box midfielder RW Target/Hold Up Striker I think we have enough strikers and players who could play there if really needed. In the future we need someone to assist Rhodes up front. RW is the main priority I feel as there is only really Formica or CKR who can play there are the moment but it is defeinitely not their favoured position. Crow27
  • Score: -5

1:31pm Wed 21 Nov 12

French Rover says...

YarkshahRover wrote:
Signs that HBs Man U connections are proving useful but is it another striker that we need?
if we are going to ditch CKR in Jan then yes we need someone else in ASAP.

He looks quite sharp on the youtube clip I saw of him, very quick feet an bags of skill but not broke any pots at the other clubs that he has been out on loan to, Hull, Preston and in Germany.

We will also will have Goodwillie free to play again by then- but not sure Berg will fancy him?

So it could be Rhodes, Best, Nunes and King as the four strikers. Quite a good mix of youth, experience and skill.
[quote][p][bold]YarkshahRover[/bold] wrote: Signs that HBs Man U connections are proving useful but is it another striker that we need?[/p][/quote]if we are going to ditch CKR in Jan then yes we need someone else in ASAP. He looks quite sharp on the youtube clip I saw of him, very quick feet an bags of skill but not broke any pots at the other clubs that he has been out on loan to, Hull, Preston and in Germany. We will also will have Goodwillie free to play again by then- but not sure Berg will fancy him? So it could be Rhodes, Best, Nunes and King as the four strikers. Quite a good mix of youth, experience and skill. French Rover
  • Score: 4

1:33pm Wed 21 Nov 12

French Rover says...

makaveli96 wrote:
His brother Joe made me laugh
his other brother is a bit mean (Nosmo) he wouldn't lend me a ciggie...
[quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: His brother Joe made me laugh[/p][/quote]his other brother is a bit mean (Nosmo) he wouldn't lend me a ciggie... French Rover
  • Score: -1

1:42pm Wed 21 Nov 12

merlinrabbit says...

Id feel happier to read he was bringing in a defender. It vital.
Id feel happier to read he was bringing in a defender. It vital. merlinrabbit
  • Score: 2

1:42pm Wed 21 Nov 12

Return of the Magnificent se7en says...

Surely you are Joshing, or even Joking or maybe you are just Joshking. i thought we were light in defence.
Surely you are Joshing, or even Joking or maybe you are just Joshking. i thought we were light in defence. Return of the Magnificent se7en
  • Score: 0

1:43pm Wed 21 Nov 12

AndyW says...

jackmetickler wrote:
whilst you can never have too many decent strikers you do not want to spend months turning someone into a good striker to see the mancs benefit...
never heard of him and even less likely to have watched the scum in the CL.

never seen much benefit to Rovers future in this sort of deal.... unless HB is going to bin someone in the Transfer window.
What a short-sighted view.

If he performs well for us, then it benefits us. Forget what it does long-term for Man U.

And secondly, get with the times. We haven't been Man U's rivals for 15-20 years and we have no relevance to them at all.
[quote][p][bold]jackmetickler[/bold] wrote: whilst you can never have too many decent strikers you do not want to spend months turning someone into a good striker to see the mancs benefit... never heard of him and even less likely to have watched the scum in the CL. never seen much benefit to Rovers future in this sort of deal.... unless HB is going to bin someone in the Transfer window.[/p][/quote]What a short-sighted view. If he performs well for us, then it benefits us. Forget what it does long-term for Man U. And secondly, get with the times. We haven't been Man U's rivals for 15-20 years and we have no relevance to them at all. AndyW
  • Score: 1

1:54pm Wed 21 Nov 12

Dan11 says...

Is clearly a stop gap until Leon Best gets fit. Berg doesnt rate CKR either that is clear now.
Is clearly a stop gap until Leon Best gets fit. Berg doesnt rate CKR either that is clear now. Dan11
  • Score: 3

1:58pm Wed 21 Nov 12

earwego says...

http://www.redmancun
ian.com/2012/11/21/j
oshua-king-loan-move
-to-blackburn-rover/
?
http://www.redmancun ian.com/2012/11/21/j oshua-king-loan-move -to-blackburn-rover/ ? earwego
  • Score: 0

2:34pm Wed 21 Nov 12

champs95 says...

King of the Rhodes?
King of the Rhodes? champs95
  • Score: 0

2:35pm Wed 21 Nov 12

benal13 says...

French Rover wrote:
makaveli96 wrote:
His brother Joe made me laugh
his other brother is a bit mean (Nosmo) he wouldn't lend me a ciggie...
dont give up the day job frenchy
[quote][p][bold]French Rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: His brother Joe made me laugh[/p][/quote]his other brother is a bit mean (Nosmo) he wouldn't lend me a ciggie...[/p][/quote]dont give up the day job frenchy benal13
  • Score: 2

2:41pm Wed 21 Nov 12

boyofdarovers says...

benal13 wrote:
French Rover wrote:
makaveli96 wrote:
His brother Joe made me laugh
his other brother is a bit mean (Nosmo) he wouldn't lend me a ciggie...
dont give up the day job frenchy
Silly Burgers
[quote][p][bold]benal13[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]French Rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: His brother Joe made me laugh[/p][/quote]his other brother is a bit mean (Nosmo) he wouldn't lend me a ciggie...[/p][/quote]dont give up the day job frenchy[/p][/quote]Silly Burgers boyofdarovers
  • Score: 0

2:44pm Wed 21 Nov 12

boyofdarovers says...

makaveli96 wrote:
His brother Joe made me laugh
Not as much as the Chinese **** star "Foo"
[quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: His brother Joe made me laugh[/p][/quote]Not as much as the Chinese **** star "Foo" boyofdarovers
  • Score: 0

2:55pm Wed 21 Nov 12

noddymcleod says...

But if Bergo is making the best of his good relations with Rovers and Sir Alex I for one would be happy.
Better than our good relations with Keano and his cronies.
But if Bergo is making the best of his good relations with Rovers and Sir Alex I for one would be happy. Better than our good relations with Keano and his cronies. noddymcleod
  • Score: 3

3:06pm Wed 21 Nov 12

MxMave says...

Why exactly do we want to loan a striker when we already have one striker on loan, 2 coming back in jan and 1 dead-cert starter.
Why exactly do we want to loan a striker when we already have one striker on loan, 2 coming back in jan and 1 dead-cert starter. MxMave
  • Score: -7

3:32pm Wed 21 Nov 12

eddie the eagle says...

The article doesn't say he will be our only signing.Berg said previously that although it was good to have impact players who could change a game he expected every player to be able to do 90 mins if required,Maybe he wante some younger legs.
The article doesn't say he will be our only signing.Berg said previously that although it was good to have impact players who could change a game he expected every player to be able to do 90 mins if required,Maybe he wante some younger legs. eddie the eagle
  • Score: 1

3:47pm Wed 21 Nov 12

OnePostThenTheOther says...

What's the Norwegian for

CENTRAL DEFENDER
What's the Norwegian for CENTRAL DEFENDER OnePostThenTheOther
  • Score: 2

4:27pm Wed 21 Nov 12

CARover says...

ChrisDeBerg wrote:
flyingv1 wrote:
jackmetickler wrote:
whilst you can never have too many decent strikers you do not want to spend months turning someone into a good striker to see the mancs benefit... never heard of him and even less likely to have watched the scum in the CL. never seen much benefit to Rovers future in this sort of deal.... unless HB is going to bin someone in the Transfer window.
I am the same, never watch them, so the player is an unknown quantity. However it all depends on the length of the proposed loan deal. A couple of months may see Leon Best returning and therefore this guy would "plug the gap".
Quick check on Wiki reveals...

He's Norwegian, so if Berg can tell him in Norwegian lingo to basically give Rhodes the ball then I think we're laughing! :)

He's scored a fair bit for Norway's youth international teams so knows how to hit the net.

Didn't score much for Hull on loan, but was he used as a primary goal scorer, or given the right role/position?

Been played under Fergie and as we all know, anyone who has some of Fergies management tends to be an improvment on their game.

I think it's a wise option for a loan...

RTID
He came on as a late sub last night and really did not get into the game so no real opinion of how good he is other than if he is at Man U he cannot be that bad
Good for HB in in looking forward hopefully he will continue to do so and clean out some of SK below par signings
[quote][p][bold]ChrisDeBerg[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]flyingv1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jackmetickler[/bold] wrote: whilst you can never have too many decent strikers you do not want to spend months turning someone into a good striker to see the mancs benefit... never heard of him and even less likely to have watched the scum in the CL. never seen much benefit to Rovers future in this sort of deal.... unless HB is going to bin someone in the Transfer window.[/p][/quote]I am the same, never watch them, so the player is an unknown quantity. However it all depends on the length of the proposed loan deal. A couple of months may see Leon Best returning and therefore this guy would "plug the gap".[/p][/quote]Quick check on Wiki reveals... He's Norwegian, so if Berg can tell him in Norwegian lingo to basically give Rhodes the ball then I think we're laughing! :) He's scored a fair bit for Norway's youth international teams so knows how to hit the net. Didn't score much for Hull on loan, but was he used as a primary goal scorer, or given the right role/position? Been played under Fergie and as we all know, anyone who has some of Fergies management tends to be an improvment on their game. I think it's a wise option for a loan... RTID[/p][/quote]He came on as a late sub last night and really did not get into the game so no real opinion of how good he is other than if he is at Man U he cannot be that bad Good for HB in in looking forward hopefully he will continue to do so and clean out some of SK below par signings CARover
  • Score: 1

4:35pm Wed 21 Nov 12

fitz808 says...

OnePostThenTheOther wrote:
What's the Norwegian for

CENTRAL DEFENDER
H-e-n-n-i-n-g B-e-r-g
[quote][p][bold]OnePostThenTheOther[/bold] wrote: What's the Norwegian for CENTRAL DEFENDER[/p][/quote]H-e-n-n-i-n-g B-e-r-g fitz808
  • Score: 1

4:45pm Wed 21 Nov 12

unclejacklegend says...

Crow27 wrote:
I am surprised by this potential signing. King can play striker or wings. I think at this moment in time we do not need him. I think we need HB;
RB cover for Henley, Centre Back or LB
Box to box midfielder
RW
Target/Hold Up Striker
I think we have enough strikers and players who could play there if really needed. In the future we need someone to assist Rhodes up front.
RW is the main priority I feel as there is only really Formica or CKR who can play there are the moment but it is defeinitely not their favoured position.
I would like to see Nunes play right side. Left footers cutting in from the right and vice versa seem to offer more of a threat in my opinion. Different caliber of player but Ashley young always plays left side whipping curling balls in with the right foot or cutting inside to shoot. The problem with left footers playing left side is that the ball is generally curling away from goal whereas with the other foot it's curling towards goal often only requiring a glancing touch to take it in. Would certainly suit Jordan Rhodes. Maybe Nunes isn't up to it but he's looked decent the few times I have seen him. Doesn't look like he'll get a sniff on the left side because the Olsson partnership seems to be firing on all cylinders.
[quote][p][bold]Crow27[/bold] wrote: I am surprised by this potential signing. King can play striker or wings. I think at this moment in time we do not need him. I think we need HB; RB cover for Henley, Centre Back or LB Box to box midfielder RW Target/Hold Up Striker I think we have enough strikers and players who could play there if really needed. In the future we need someone to assist Rhodes up front. RW is the main priority I feel as there is only really Formica or CKR who can play there are the moment but it is defeinitely not their favoured position.[/p][/quote]I would like to see Nunes play right side. Left footers cutting in from the right and vice versa seem to offer more of a threat in my opinion. Different caliber of player but Ashley young always plays left side whipping curling balls in with the right foot or cutting inside to shoot. The problem with left footers playing left side is that the ball is generally curling away from goal whereas with the other foot it's curling towards goal often only requiring a glancing touch to take it in. Would certainly suit Jordan Rhodes. Maybe Nunes isn't up to it but he's looked decent the few times I have seen him. Doesn't look like he'll get a sniff on the left side because the Olsson partnership seems to be firing on all cylinders. unclejacklegend
  • Score: 1

4:51pm Wed 21 Nov 12

Dukes says...

we got players in this position so why we after king strange move to say.
we got players in this position so why we after king strange move to say. Dukes
  • Score: 0

4:52pm Wed 21 Nov 12

Robbie says...

Just spoke to a mate who i work with, he is a man u fan.

He said king is good and lightening quick and thinks if he is plays with rhodes the pair will bag a ton of goals.

I agree we need a defender or 2 also.
Just spoke to a mate who i work with, he is a man u fan. He said king is good and lightening quick and thinks if he is plays with rhodes the pair will bag a ton of goals. I agree we need a defender or 2 also. Robbie
  • Score: 2

5:09pm Wed 21 Nov 12

oggy 56 says...

benal13 wrote:
French Rover wrote:
makaveli96 wrote:
His brother Joe made me laugh
his other brother is a bit mean (Nosmo) he wouldn't lend me a ciggie...
dont give up the day job frenchy
is dad is called wayne
[quote][p][bold]benal13[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]French Rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: His brother Joe made me laugh[/p][/quote]his other brother is a bit mean (Nosmo) he wouldn't lend me a ciggie...[/p][/quote]dont give up the day job frenchy[/p][/quote]is dad is called wayne oggy 56
  • Score: -1

5:26pm Wed 21 Nov 12

ChrisDeBerg says...

oggy 56 wrote:
benal13 wrote:
French Rover wrote:
makaveli96 wrote:
His brother Joe made me laugh
his other brother is a bit mean (Nosmo) he wouldn't lend me a ciggie...
dont give up the day job frenchy
is dad is called wayne
His Spanish cousin Juan is a bit of a **** devil....
[quote][p][bold]oggy 56[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]benal13[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]French Rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: His brother Joe made me laugh[/p][/quote]his other brother is a bit mean (Nosmo) he wouldn't lend me a ciggie...[/p][/quote]dont give up the day job frenchy[/p][/quote]is dad is called wayne[/p][/quote]His Spanish cousin Juan is a bit of a **** devil.... ChrisDeBerg
  • Score: 0

5:26pm Wed 21 Nov 12

ChrisDeBerg says...

ChrisDeBerg wrote:
oggy 56 wrote:
benal13 wrote:
French Rover wrote:
makaveli96 wrote:
His brother Joe made me laugh
his other brother is a bit mean (Nosmo) he wouldn't lend me a ciggie...
dont give up the day job frenchy
is dad is called wayne
His Spanish cousin Juan is a bit of a **** devil....
h0rny***
[quote][p][bold]ChrisDeBerg[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]oggy 56[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]benal13[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]French Rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: His brother Joe made me laugh[/p][/quote]his other brother is a bit mean (Nosmo) he wouldn't lend me a ciggie...[/p][/quote]dont give up the day job frenchy[/p][/quote]is dad is called wayne[/p][/quote]His Spanish cousin Juan is a bit of a **** devil....[/p][/quote]h0rny*** ChrisDeBerg
  • Score: 0

5:29pm Wed 21 Nov 12

bburnrover says...

Well my trust is in Berg getting it correct if the lad is quick he could do a henry in reverse and end up on the wing. i do agree tha we do need good players in other areas like defensive midfield and left and right back.
Well my trust is in Berg getting it correct if the lad is quick he could do a henry in reverse and end up on the wing. i do agree tha we do need good players in other areas like defensive midfield and left and right back. bburnrover
  • Score: 0

5:55pm Wed 21 Nov 12

spike t says...

Clearly panic is setting in before the trip to Turf Moor!
Clearly panic is setting in before the trip to Turf Moor! spike t
  • Score: -6

6:39pm Wed 21 Nov 12

jonjonweatherman says...

I too would like to see a regular left back.Olson is great going forward but less so defensively
I too would like to see a regular left back.Olson is great going forward but less so defensively jonjonweatherman
  • Score: 1

8:16pm Wed 21 Nov 12

blueblooded says...

spike t wrote:
Clearly panic is setting in before the trip to Turf Moor!
*Clearly* chortle!

Yes, I believe Charles "One hit wonder" Austin has everyone quaking in their boots... Well actually that might just be the prospect of visiting the fire hazard that is the turf. Did the fix the roof while Austin was scoring or was it too short a time?.
[quote][p][bold]spike t[/bold] wrote: Clearly panic is setting in before the trip to Turf Moor![/p][/quote]*Clearly* chortle! Yes, I believe Charles "One hit wonder" Austin has everyone quaking in their boots... Well actually that might just be the prospect of visiting the fire hazard that is the turf. Did the fix the roof while Austin was scoring or was it too short a time?. blueblooded
  • Score: 1

8:42pm Wed 21 Nov 12

drunken donut says...

boyofdarovers wrote:
makaveli96 wrote:
His brother Joe made me laugh
Not as much as the Chinese **** star "Foo"
What about his Chinese brother Wan.
[quote][p][bold]boyofdarovers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: His brother Joe made me laugh[/p][/quote]Not as much as the Chinese **** star "Foo"[/p][/quote]What about his Chinese brother Wan. drunken donut
  • Score: 0

10:50pm Wed 21 Nov 12

kazluvsrovers says...

jackmetickler wrote:
whilst you can never have too many decent strikers you do not want to spend months turning someone into a good striker to see the mancs benefit...
never heard of him and even less likely to have watched the scum in the CL.

never seen much benefit to Rovers future in this sort of deal.... unless HB is going to bin someone in the Transfer window.
Kazim Richards I hope
[quote][p][bold]jackmetickler[/bold] wrote: whilst you can never have too many decent strikers you do not want to spend months turning someone into a good striker to see the mancs benefit... never heard of him and even less likely to have watched the scum in the CL. never seen much benefit to Rovers future in this sort of deal.... unless HB is going to bin someone in the Transfer window.[/p][/quote]Kazim Richards I hope kazluvsrovers
  • Score: 0

12:28am Thu 22 Nov 12

eddie the eagle says...

FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.
FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror. eddie the eagle
  • Score: 0

8:12am Thu 22 Nov 12

A Darener says...

eddie the eagle wrote:
FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.
Friedel to return?.......awesom
e!!
[quote][p][bold]eddie the eagle[/bold] wrote: FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.[/p][/quote]Friedel to return?.......awesom e!! A Darener
  • Score: 5

8:31am Thu 22 Nov 12

Harwoodstblue says...

Chelsea fans threaten boycott over Benitez.

What have we started... :-)
Chelsea fans threaten boycott over Benitez. What have we started... :-) Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 2

8:32am Thu 22 Nov 12

A Darener says...

Harwoodstblue wrote:
Chelsea fans threaten boycott over Benitez.

What have we started... :-)
Fan power!!! Bring it on!
[quote][p][bold]Harwoodstblue[/bold] wrote: Chelsea fans threaten boycott over Benitez. What have we started... :-)[/p][/quote]Fan power!!! Bring it on! A Darener
  • Score: 0

9:54am Thu 22 Nov 12

buckoff says...

A Darener wrote:
eddie the eagle wrote:
FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.
Friedel to return?.......awesom

e!!
As backup for Robinson / new defence coach fantastic!!!!
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]eddie the eagle[/bold] wrote: FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.[/p][/quote]Friedel to return?.......awesom e!![/p][/quote]As backup for Robinson / new defence coach fantastic!!!! buckoff
  • Score: 0

9:59am Thu 22 Nov 12

Harwoodstblue says...

buckoff wrote:
A Darener wrote:
eddie the eagle wrote:
FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.
Friedel to return?.......awesom


e!!
As backup for Robinson / new defence coach fantastic!!!!
I think Berg will be thinking of replacing Robinson, as he never did fill the boots of Friedel.......IMO
[quote][p][bold]buckoff[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]eddie the eagle[/bold] wrote: FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.[/p][/quote]Friedel to return?.......awesom e!![/p][/quote]As backup for Robinson / new defence coach fantastic!!!![/p][/quote]I think Berg will be thinking of replacing Robinson, as he never did fill the boots of Friedel.......IMO Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 2

10:23am Thu 22 Nov 12

ChrisDeBerg says...

unclejacklegend wrote:
Crow27 wrote:
I am surprised by this potential signing. King can play striker or wings. I think at this moment in time we do not need him. I think we need HB;
RB cover for Henley, Centre Back or LB
Box to box midfielder
RW
Target/Hold Up Striker
I think we have enough strikers and players who could play there if really needed. In the future we need someone to assist Rhodes up front.
RW is the main priority I feel as there is only really Formica or CKR who can play there are the moment but it is defeinitely not their favoured position.
I would like to see Nunes play right side. Left footers cutting in from the right and vice versa seem to offer more of a threat in my opinion. Different caliber of player but Ashley young always plays left side whipping curling balls in with the right foot or cutting inside to shoot. The problem with left footers playing left side is that the ball is generally curling away from goal whereas with the other foot it's curling towards goal often only requiring a glancing touch to take it in. Would certainly suit Jordan Rhodes. Maybe Nunes isn't up to it but he's looked decent the few times I have seen him. Doesn't look like he'll get a sniff on the left side because the Olsson partnership seems to be firing on all cylinders.
You make a good point...

Nunes has been exceptional when I've watched him play at Ewood. He gets the balls in good positions most times and can run around a player quite easily..

As for the wing switch for swinging balls towards the net, I think your totally right... Rhodes would be able to poach goals left, right and centre! As a slight comparison (and it is slight)... I play ice hockey on the left wing and I am right handed, my right wing man is left handed, normally we should play on alternate wings as that would be the natural selection. Last season I was top goal scorer and he was top point scorer for our team...
[quote][p][bold]unclejacklegend[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Crow27[/bold] wrote: I am surprised by this potential signing. King can play striker or wings. I think at this moment in time we do not need him. I think we need HB; RB cover for Henley, Centre Back or LB Box to box midfielder RW Target/Hold Up Striker I think we have enough strikers and players who could play there if really needed. In the future we need someone to assist Rhodes up front. RW is the main priority I feel as there is only really Formica or CKR who can play there are the moment but it is defeinitely not their favoured position.[/p][/quote]I would like to see Nunes play right side. Left footers cutting in from the right and vice versa seem to offer more of a threat in my opinion. Different caliber of player but Ashley young always plays left side whipping curling balls in with the right foot or cutting inside to shoot. The problem with left footers playing left side is that the ball is generally curling away from goal whereas with the other foot it's curling towards goal often only requiring a glancing touch to take it in. Would certainly suit Jordan Rhodes. Maybe Nunes isn't up to it but he's looked decent the few times I have seen him. Doesn't look like he'll get a sniff on the left side because the Olsson partnership seems to be firing on all cylinders.[/p][/quote]You make a good point... Nunes has been exceptional when I've watched him play at Ewood. He gets the balls in good positions most times and can run around a player quite easily.. As for the wing switch for swinging balls towards the net, I think your totally right... Rhodes would be able to poach goals left, right and centre! As a slight comparison (and it is slight)... I play ice hockey on the left wing and I am right handed, my right wing man is left handed, normally we should play on alternate wings as that would be the natural selection. Last season I was top goal scorer and he was top point scorer for our team... ChrisDeBerg
  • Score: 0

10:25am Thu 22 Nov 12

ChrisDeBerg says...

Harwoodstblue wrote:
buckoff wrote:
A Darener wrote:
eddie the eagle wrote:
FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.
Friedel to return?.......awesom



e!!
As backup for Robinson / new defence coach fantastic!!!!
I think Berg will be thinking of replacing Robinson, as he never did fill the boots of Friedel.......IMO
Yeah, replacement, not backup! :)

Anyway, I want to see Sandomierski play, supposed to be fair decent?!
[quote][p][bold]Harwoodstblue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]buckoff[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]eddie the eagle[/bold] wrote: FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.[/p][/quote]Friedel to return?.......awesom e!![/p][/quote]As backup for Robinson / new defence coach fantastic!!!![/p][/quote]I think Berg will be thinking of replacing Robinson, as he never did fill the boots of Friedel.......IMO[/p][/quote]Yeah, replacement, not backup! :) Anyway, I want to see Sandomierski play, supposed to be fair decent?! ChrisDeBerg
  • Score: 0

10:26am Thu 22 Nov 12

Brunzig says...

I think Berg is probably happy with the cover we have in defence, I know we are light at the back but we do have people who can cover like Givet who can play LB or CB, both Olsson brothers who can play LB, Bruno Ribeiro, Nuno Henrique (never seen him play) and dont forget Jason Lowe who can cover at RB also.

I think we need to get rid of CKR as he is a waste of space in my eyes and another striker coming in allows us to do this.
I think Berg is probably happy with the cover we have in defence, I know we are light at the back but we do have people who can cover like Givet who can play LB or CB, both Olsson brothers who can play LB, Bruno Ribeiro, Nuno Henrique (never seen him play) and dont forget Jason Lowe who can cover at RB also. I think we need to get rid of CKR as he is a waste of space in my eyes and another striker coming in allows us to do this. Brunzig
  • Score: 2

10:42am Thu 22 Nov 12

Roverthere says...

buckoff wrote:
A Darener wrote:
eddie the eagle wrote:
FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.
Friedel to return?.......awesom


e!!
As backup for Robinson / new defence coach fantastic!!!!
They wanted Kean!
[quote][p][bold]buckoff[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]eddie the eagle[/bold] wrote: FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.[/p][/quote]Friedel to return?.......awesom e!![/p][/quote]As backup for Robinson / new defence coach fantastic!!!![/p][/quote]They wanted Kean! Roverthere
  • Score: -1

10:49am Thu 22 Nov 12

A Darener says...

Roverthere wrote:
buckoff wrote:
A Darener wrote:
eddie the eagle wrote:
FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.
Friedel to return?.......awesom



e!!
As backup for Robinson / new defence coach fantastic!!!!
They wanted Kean!
Fair swap.
[quote][p][bold]Roverthere[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]buckoff[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]eddie the eagle[/bold] wrote: FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.[/p][/quote]Friedel to return?.......awesom e!![/p][/quote]As backup for Robinson / new defence coach fantastic!!!![/p][/quote]They wanted Kean![/p][/quote]Fair swap. A Darener
  • Score: 0

10:54am Thu 22 Nov 12

A Darener says...

A Darener wrote:
Roverthere wrote:
buckoff wrote:
A Darener wrote:
eddie the eagle wrote:
FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.
Friedel to return?.......awesom




e!!
As backup for Robinson / new defence coach fantastic!!!!
They wanted Kean!
Fair swap.
Oops! don't think you meant the odious one.
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Roverthere[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]buckoff[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]eddie the eagle[/bold] wrote: FRIEDLE for Rovers according to todays Mirror.[/p][/quote]Friedel to return?.......awesom e!![/p][/quote]As backup for Robinson / new defence coach fantastic!!!![/p][/quote]They wanted Kean![/p][/quote]Fair swap.[/p][/quote]Oops! don't think you meant the odious one. A Darener
  • Score: 0

1:03pm Sat 24 Nov 12

handyamBRFC says...

Latest from ......me
Josh King to start on the bench.
will get his chance today....!!!
just watch this boy fly.
Fast and direct.....
hes gonna be a right spark
and a winner.
A win today for certs......!!!!
best of luck
p.s. 4 tough games coming up, will be happy with 8 pts but hoping for 10...!!
Latest from ......me Josh King to start on the bench. will get his chance today....!!! just watch this boy fly. Fast and direct..... hes gonna be a right spark and a winner. A win today for certs......!!!! best of luck p.s. 4 tough games coming up, will be happy with 8 pts but hoping for 10...!! handyamBRFC
  • Score: 0

5:29pm Sat 24 Nov 12

A Darener says...

handyamBRFC wrote:
Latest from ......me
Josh King to start on the bench.
will get his chance today....!!!
just watch this boy fly.
Fast and direct.....
hes gonna be a right spark
and a winner.
A win today for certs......!!!!
best of luck
p.s. 4 tough games coming up, will be happy with 8 pts but hoping for 10...!!
Sorry you were wrong....strikers failed to turn up!
[quote][p][bold]handyamBRFC[/bold] wrote: Latest from ......me Josh King to start on the bench. will get his chance today....!!! just watch this boy fly. Fast and direct..... hes gonna be a right spark and a winner. A win today for certs......!!!! best of luck p.s. 4 tough games coming up, will be happy with 8 pts but hoping for 10...!![/p][/quote]Sorry you were wrong....strikers failed to turn up! A Darener
  • Score: 0

8:54am Mon 26 Nov 12

hunter3062 says...

bburnrover wrote:
Well my trust is in Berg getting it correct if the lad is quick he could do a henry in reverse and end up on the wing. i do agree tha we do need good players in other areas like defensive midfield and left and right back.
what you need first and foremost is a team..come dec 2nd all eyes will be on burnley.
[quote][p][bold]bburnrover[/bold] wrote: Well my trust is in Berg getting it correct if the lad is quick he could do a henry in reverse and end up on the wing. i do agree tha we do need good players in other areas like defensive midfield and left and right back.[/p][/quote]what you need first and foremost is a team..come dec 2nd all eyes will be on burnley. hunter3062
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree