When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Letter: Money makes the world go round
2:25pm Wednesday 11th July 2012 in Opinion
I wonder if readers are aware of the 80/20 ratio and how it applies to wealth.
Apparently, 80% of the world’s wealth is owned by just 20% of the world’s population. Also, it seems that 20% of the world’s population go to work just to keep the other 80%.
The older I get, the more convinced I am that the only reason we are given money at all, either by way of wages, benefits or whatever, is so that we can give it to somebody else and no doubt it eventually ends up in the hands of the already wealthy 20%.
Mr A Baker, Darwen.