Woman treated after blaze at Stacksteads home

AN elderly woman was taken to hospital after a fire in the kitchen of her semi-detached home.

The fire at the house in Newchurch Road, Stacksteads, on Sunday at 12.45pm caused severe damage in the kitchen.

There was also severe smoke damage to the rest of the ground floor and some damage to the first and second floors and the cellar.

Firefighters from Bacup used two hose reels, six breathing apparatus and a ventilation unit to tackle the fire.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree