Blackburn poppy tin thief jailed for a year

Lancashire Telegraph: JAILED Carl Mason JAILED Carl Mason

A PRESTON thief has today been jailed for 12 months for stealing poppy tins in Blackburn.

Carl Anthony Mason, 29, of Cresswell Avenue, stole seven collection boxes across Blackburn in the run-up to and on Armistice Day.

Mason, a heroin addict, was caught after staff from two of the premises he targeted recognised him in CCTV footage printed on the front page of the Lancashire Telegraph on November 11.

Catherine Allan, prosecuting, said Mason had pleaded guilty at Blackburn Magistrates’ Court to stealing tins from Gala Bingo, in Ainsworth Street; Blockbuster, in Great Bolton Street; Halifax, in King William Street; from Santander, in King William Street, and Boots stores in both Great Bolton Street and in Fishergate, Preston.

He also admitted attempting to steal a Royal National Institute of the Blind (RNIB) Sooty box from the Lockside Tavern, in Bolton Road, because it was the heaviest of several tins on display and contained the most money, and stealing perfume from Boots.

She said: “This was a breach of people’s trust. People give to those charities to honour servicemen and help families left behind.

“It was a particularly despicable act because of that – especially stealing on Armistice Day itself.”

She said that when caution by police officers Mason replied ‘I’m sorry for all the poppy ones – I didn’t realise how much it meant.’

The court was told that Mason had 43 previous convictions for 77 offences dating back to 1997.

These included dishonesty, drug offences, breaking court orders and stealing charity boxes earlier this year, the latter for which he served a 12-week prison sentence.

Scott Parker, defending Mason, said his client accepted that his offences were ‘shameful’.

He said that when released from prison Mason moved into Jay’s Bed and Breakfast, in Bolton Road, Blackburn, with other people using illegal drugs and began using heroin again.

Mr Parker asked if the case could be adjourned for a pre sentence report that would consider whether Mason could undergo a community drug rehabilitation order.

But it was revealed by the probation service that during his last drug support course Mason continued to use drugs.

Mason, appearing via videolink, read a letter to the court in which he apologised.

He said: “I did not realise how much this meant to the world.

"I have the utmost respect for those in service who protect our country.

“I would like to take this opportunity to say sorry to all those individuals who are fighting for the country. I am so sorry.”

Magistrates said Mason’s early guilty plea had been taken into consideration and for that reason he would not be sent to a crown court for sentencing.

And Dr Bolton said his appeal to undertake another drug rehabilitation programme ‘didn’t cut any ice’.

Comments (36)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:46pm Wed 23 Nov 11

happycyclist says...

Not smirking now. Lowlife. Hope he meets some ex-squaddies inside.
Not smirking now. Lowlife. Hope he meets some ex-squaddies inside. happycyclist

1:18pm Wed 23 Nov 11

makaveli96 says...

Why are we wasting OUR money on prisons???

"Recycle" all criminals for any crime!!

No prison cost, no funeral cost, and a low carbon footprint!

Lets have a PERFECT society.

We could eat the meat, feed the poor, use the hair for clothes, the bones and nails for glue.

Or am I just to **** sensible??
Why are we wasting OUR money on prisons??? "Recycle" all criminals for any crime!! No prison cost, no funeral cost, and a low carbon footprint! Lets have a PERFECT society. We could eat the meat, feed the poor, use the hair for clothes, the bones and nails for glue. Or am I just to **** sensible?? makaveli96

2:28pm Wed 23 Nov 11

Aslam Hussain says...

Whoopie do ! Jailed for a year ?? More like sent on Holiday for a Year paid for by Us the Tax payers , He should be made to litter pick and other remedial tasks around town with a big notice on his backside saying " I stole Poppy tins full of Cash " and turn a blind eye when He gets a good kicking !
Whoopie do ! Jailed for a year ?? More like sent on Holiday for a Year paid for by Us the Tax payers , He should be made to litter pick and other remedial tasks around town with a big notice on his backside saying " I stole Poppy tins full of Cash " and turn a blind eye when He gets a good kicking ! Aslam Hussain

3:05pm Wed 23 Nov 11

louderfasterlonger says...

Aslam Hussain wrote:
Whoopie do ! Jailed for a year ?? More like sent on Holiday for a Year paid for by Us the Tax payers , He should be made to litter pick and other remedial tasks around town with a big notice on his backside saying " I stole Poppy tins full of Cash " and turn a blind eye when He gets a good kicking !
Twelve months in a military jail would be preferable... a kicking every day, no prospect of parole and not a chance of feeding his habit
[quote][p][bold]Aslam Hussain[/bold] wrote: Whoopie do ! Jailed for a year ?? More like sent on Holiday for a Year paid for by Us the Tax payers , He should be made to litter pick and other remedial tasks around town with a big notice on his backside saying " I stole Poppy tins full of Cash " and turn a blind eye when He gets a good kicking ![/p][/quote]Twelve months in a military jail would be preferable... a kicking every day, no prospect of parole and not a chance of feeding his habit louderfasterlonger

3:23pm Wed 23 Nov 11

happycyclist says...

louderfasterlonger wrote:
Aslam Hussain wrote:
Whoopie do ! Jailed for a year ?? More like sent on Holiday for a Year paid for by Us the Tax payers , He should be made to litter pick and other remedial tasks around town with a big notice on his backside saying " I stole Poppy tins full of Cash " and turn a blind eye when He gets a good kicking !
Twelve months in a military jail would be preferable... a kicking every day, no prospect of parole and not a chance of feeding his habit
Military prison for him... Now THAT IS a good idea!
[quote][p][bold]louderfasterlonger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Aslam Hussain[/bold] wrote: Whoopie do ! Jailed for a year ?? More like sent on Holiday for a Year paid for by Us the Tax payers , He should be made to litter pick and other remedial tasks around town with a big notice on his backside saying " I stole Poppy tins full of Cash " and turn a blind eye when He gets a good kicking ![/p][/quote]Twelve months in a military jail would be preferable... a kicking every day, no prospect of parole and not a chance of feeding his habit[/p][/quote]Military prison for him... Now THAT IS a good idea! happycyclist

3:28pm Wed 23 Nov 11

Armchair Warrior says...

should have been given a suspended sentence and hung from the top of a war memmorial
should have been given a suspended sentence and hung from the top of a war memmorial Armchair Warrior

4:33pm Wed 23 Nov 11

gudari says...

happycyclist wrote:
Not smirking now. Lowlife. Hope he meets some ex-squaddies inside.
What's needed here is a bit of collusion amongst Prison Officers, Ex-Squaddies and homosexuals in the prison where this low-life is sent. I'm sure a nightly visit from someone willing to tuck him in could easily be arranged!!!
[quote][p][bold]happycyclist[/bold] wrote: Not smirking now. Lowlife. Hope he meets some ex-squaddies inside.[/p][/quote]What's needed here is a bit of collusion amongst Prison Officers, Ex-Squaddies and homosexuals in the prison where this low-life is sent. I'm sure a nightly visit from someone willing to tuck him in could easily be arranged!!! gudari

4:43pm Wed 23 Nov 11

Jerzei Balowski says...

makaveli96 wrote:
Why are we wasting OUR money on prisons??? "Recycle" all criminals for any crime!! No prison cost, no funeral cost, and a low carbon footprint! Lets have a PERFECT society. We could eat the meat, feed the poor, use the hair for clothes, the bones and nails for glue. Or am I just to **** sensible??
It's a great idea, certainly for repeat offenders. Whatever happened to "3 strikes and you're out" ?

Far too much money spent on incarcerating and attempting to reform the unreformable. A bullet is much cheaper.
[quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: Why are we wasting OUR money on prisons??? "Recycle" all criminals for any crime!! No prison cost, no funeral cost, and a low carbon footprint! Lets have a PERFECT society. We could eat the meat, feed the poor, use the hair for clothes, the bones and nails for glue. Or am I just to **** sensible??[/p][/quote]It's a great idea, certainly for repeat offenders. Whatever happened to "3 strikes and you're out" ? Far too much money spent on incarcerating and attempting to reform the unreformable. A bullet is much cheaper. Jerzei Balowski

5:04pm Wed 23 Nov 11

Michael@ClitheroeSince58 says...

happycyclist wrote:
louderfasterlonger wrote:
Aslam Hussain wrote:
Whoopie do ! Jailed for a year ?? More like sent on Holiday for a Year paid for by Us the Tax payers , He should be made to litter pick and other remedial tasks around town with a big notice on his backside saying " I stole Poppy tins full of Cash " and turn a blind eye when He gets a good kicking !
Twelve months in a military jail would be preferable... a kicking every day, no prospect of parole and not a chance of feeding his habit
Military prison for him... Now THAT IS a good idea!
Agrees, a military prison one have done him more good in the long term as well!
[quote][p][bold]happycyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]louderfasterlonger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Aslam Hussain[/bold] wrote: Whoopie do ! Jailed for a year ?? More like sent on Holiday for a Year paid for by Us the Tax payers , He should be made to litter pick and other remedial tasks around town with a big notice on his backside saying " I stole Poppy tins full of Cash " and turn a blind eye when He gets a good kicking ![/p][/quote]Twelve months in a military jail would be preferable... a kicking every day, no prospect of parole and not a chance of feeding his habit[/p][/quote]Military prison for him... Now THAT IS a good idea![/p][/quote]Agrees, a military prison one have done him more good in the long term as well! Michael@ClitheroeSince58

5:55pm Wed 23 Nov 11

HelmshoreBoy says...

makaveli96 wrote:
Why are we wasting OUR money on prisons??? "Recycle" all criminals for any crime!! No prison cost, no funeral cost, and a low carbon footprint! Lets have a PERFECT society. We could eat the meat, feed the poor, use the hair for clothes, the bones and nails for glue. Or am I just to **** sensible??
Looking at this specimen, I'm glad I'm a vegetarian! Yuk! Rotten meat!
[quote][p][bold]makaveli96[/bold] wrote: Why are we wasting OUR money on prisons??? "Recycle" all criminals for any crime!! No prison cost, no funeral cost, and a low carbon footprint! Lets have a PERFECT society. We could eat the meat, feed the poor, use the hair for clothes, the bones and nails for glue. Or am I just to **** sensible??[/p][/quote]Looking at this specimen, I'm glad I'm a vegetarian! Yuk! Rotten meat! HelmshoreBoy

6:09pm Wed 23 Nov 11

Coeur de Lion says...

I'm sure big Dorris will be pleased to see him.
I'm sure big Dorris will be pleased to see him. Coeur de Lion

6:16pm Wed 23 Nov 11

gazzandste says...

When this low life ever gets out of prison (hope its Preston) Send him on at visit to Fullwood barracks for a day out.
When this low life ever gets out of prison (hope its Preston) Send him on at visit to Fullwood barracks for a day out. gazzandste

6:32pm Wed 23 Nov 11

bubble of reason says...

Hope this scumbag meets a few BIG INMATES to POPPYTIN!
Hope this scumbag meets a few BIG INMATES to POPPYTIN! bubble of reason

8:04pm Wed 23 Nov 11

Your ferret stinks says...

happycyclist wrote:
louderfasterlonger wrote:
Aslam Hussain wrote:
Whoopie do ! Jailed for a year ?? More like sent on Holiday for a Year paid for by Us the Tax payers , He should be made to litter pick and other remedial tasks around town with a big notice on his backside saying " I stole Poppy tins full of Cash " and turn a blind eye when He gets a good kicking !
Twelve months in a military jail would be preferable... a kicking every day, no prospect of parole and not a chance of feeding his habit
Military prison for him... Now THAT IS a good idea!
Maybe even a 'BOOT CAMP'.......
[quote][p][bold]happycyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]louderfasterlonger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Aslam Hussain[/bold] wrote: Whoopie do ! Jailed for a year ?? More like sent on Holiday for a Year paid for by Us the Tax payers , He should be made to litter pick and other remedial tasks around town with a big notice on his backside saying " I stole Poppy tins full of Cash " and turn a blind eye when He gets a good kicking ![/p][/quote]Twelve months in a military jail would be preferable... a kicking every day, no prospect of parole and not a chance of feeding his habit[/p][/quote]Military prison for him... Now THAT IS a good idea![/p][/quote]Maybe even a 'BOOT CAMP'....... Your ferret stinks

8:24pm Wed 23 Nov 11

dom jolly says...

some fair comments here, he wouldnt last 5 minutes in colchester nick. how about sending the politicians that steal from everyone too
some fair comments here, he wouldnt last 5 minutes in colchester nick. how about sending the politicians that steal from everyone too dom jolly

9:41pm Wed 23 Nov 11

Good call says...

It will cost £20,000 to keep him in jail for six months (you serve half and get released) and he'll probably be worse when he is released.It would be better to give the 20k to the royal British legion and put him on a drug rehab course and/or community service.Bring on the abuse from the "hang um, flog em" brigade
It will cost £20,000 to keep him in jail for six months (you serve half and get released) and he'll probably be worse when he is released.It would be better to give the 20k to the royal British legion and put him on a drug rehab course and/or community service.Bring on the abuse from the "hang um, flog em" brigade Good call

10:57pm Wed 23 Nov 11

captain ian says...

In my expreince's of life i have met lots of people of the same ilk as carl anthony mason, however i disagree with most of the people who have commented on this page (the hang em and flog em brigade). Mr mason is a heroin addict which is not his fault because this drug is an evil drug that takes control of you life and you will go to any lenths to get your next fix, if he is put in a rehabilitation centre and given a chance he could become a responsible member of society, we should all pray for this.... just a thought.... captain ian..
In my expreince's of life i have met lots of people of the same ilk as carl anthony mason, however i disagree with most of the people who have commented on this page (the hang em and flog em brigade). Mr mason is a heroin addict which is not his fault because this drug is an evil drug that takes control of you life and you will go to any lenths to get your next fix, if he is put in a rehabilitation centre and given a chance he could become a responsible member of society, we should all pray for this.... just a thought.... captain ian.. captain ian

11:59pm Wed 23 Nov 11

oimky says...

captain ian wrote:
In my expreince's of life i have met lots of people of the same ilk as carl anthony mason, however i disagree with most of the people who have commented on this page (the hang em and flog em brigade). Mr mason is a heroin addict which is not his fault because this drug is an evil drug that takes control of you life and you will go to any lenths to get your next fix, if he is put in a rehabilitation centre and given a chance he could become a responsible member of society, we should all pray for this.... just a thought.... captain ian..
I'm sure he wasn't forced at gun point to inject Heroin, every addict has made a choice as to whether to take the drug or not.
[quote][p][bold]captain ian[/bold] wrote: In my expreince's of life i have met lots of people of the same ilk as carl anthony mason, however i disagree with most of the people who have commented on this page (the hang em and flog em brigade). Mr mason is a heroin addict which is not his fault because this drug is an evil drug that takes control of you life and you will go to any lenths to get your next fix, if he is put in a rehabilitation centre and given a chance he could become a responsible member of society, we should all pray for this.... just a thought.... captain ian..[/p][/quote]I'm sure he wasn't forced at gun point to inject Heroin, every addict has made a choice as to whether to take the drug or not. oimky

11:59pm Wed 23 Nov 11

oimky says...

I'm sure he wasn't forced at gun point to inject Heroin, every addict has made a choice as to whether to take the drug or not.
I'm sure he wasn't forced at gun point to inject Heroin, every addict has made a choice as to whether to take the drug or not. oimky

1:20am Thu 24 Nov 11

Aslam Hussain says...

Mr do gooder , Captain Ian , may I suggest You take Him in to Your house and Humanise Him . I am sure You wouldn't feel this way if He had stolen from You. We make choices in life and We all know what harm Drugs do so why take them? This scum bag probably has never worked and just wants hand outs so I say give Him a good hand out - PUNISHMENT in the severest form possible taht will teach Him a lesson and be a detterent to others
Mr do gooder , Captain Ian , may I suggest You take Him in to Your house and Humanise Him . I am sure You wouldn't feel this way if He had stolen from You. We make choices in life and We all know what harm Drugs do so why take them? This scum bag probably has never worked and just wants hand outs so I say give Him a good hand out - PUNISHMENT in the severest form possible taht will teach Him a lesson and be a detterent to others Aslam Hussain

1:20am Thu 24 Nov 11

Aslam Hussain says...

Mr do gooder , Captain Ian , may I suggest You take Him in to Your house and Humanise Him . I am sure You wouldn't feel this way if He had stolen from You. We make choices in life and We all know what harm Drugs do so why take them? This scum bag probably has never worked and just wants hand outs so I say give Him a good hand out - PUNISHMENT in the severest form possible taht will teach Him a lesson and be a detterent to others
Mr do gooder , Captain Ian , may I suggest You take Him in to Your house and Humanise Him . I am sure You wouldn't feel this way if He had stolen from You. We make choices in life and We all know what harm Drugs do so why take them? This scum bag probably has never worked and just wants hand outs so I say give Him a good hand out - PUNISHMENT in the severest form possible taht will teach Him a lesson and be a detterent to others Aslam Hussain

1:20am Thu 24 Nov 11

Aslam Hussain says...

Mr do gooder , Captain Ian , may I suggest You take Him in to Your house and Humanise Him . I am sure You wouldn't feel this way if He had stolen from You. We make choices in life and We all know what harm Drugs do so why take them? This scum bag probably has never worked and just wants hand outs so I say give Him a good hand out - PUNISHMENT in the severest form possible taht will teach Him a lesson and be a detterent to others
Mr do gooder , Captain Ian , may I suggest You take Him in to Your house and Humanise Him . I am sure You wouldn't feel this way if He had stolen from You. We make choices in life and We all know what harm Drugs do so why take them? This scum bag probably has never worked and just wants hand outs so I say give Him a good hand out - PUNISHMENT in the severest form possible taht will teach Him a lesson and be a detterent to others Aslam Hussain

7:54am Thu 24 Nov 11

makaveli96 says...

captain ian wrote:
In my expreince's of life i have met lots of people of the same ilk as carl anthony mason, however i disagree with most of the people who have commented on this page (the hang em and flog em brigade). Mr mason is a heroin addict which is not his fault because this drug is an evil drug that takes control of you life and you will go to any lenths to get your next fix, if he is put in a rehabilitation centre and given a chance he could become a responsible member of society, we should all pray for this.... just a thought.... captain ian..
So your against eating him?
[quote][p][bold]captain ian[/bold] wrote: In my expreince's of life i have met lots of people of the same ilk as carl anthony mason, however i disagree with most of the people who have commented on this page (the hang em and flog em brigade). Mr mason is a heroin addict which is not his fault because this drug is an evil drug that takes control of you life and you will go to any lenths to get your next fix, if he is put in a rehabilitation centre and given a chance he could become a responsible member of society, we should all pray for this.... just a thought.... captain ian..[/p][/quote]So your against eating him? makaveli96

8:26am Thu 24 Nov 11

happycyclist says...

Good call wrote:
It will cost £20,000 to keep him in jail for six months (you serve half and get released) and he'll probably be worse when he is released.It would be better to give the 20k to the royal British legion and put him on a drug rehab course and/or community service.Bring on the abuse from the "hang um, flog em" brigade
I'm a signed up member of the hang 'em and flog 'em brigade, but have to concede that's a good call, Good Call.
[quote][p][bold]Good call[/bold] wrote: It will cost £20,000 to keep him in jail for six months (you serve half and get released) and he'll probably be worse when he is released.It would be better to give the 20k to the royal British legion and put him on a drug rehab course and/or community service.Bring on the abuse from the "hang um, flog em" brigade[/p][/quote]I'm a signed up member of the hang 'em and flog 'em brigade, but have to concede that's a good call, Good Call. happycyclist

9:13am Thu 24 Nov 11

halfhearted says...

I would agree with most comments posted above,with the exception of the Captain. Its because of people like him that the Country has been dragged into the gutter.
This lowlife is sadly not alone,the world is full of them. He will be tucked up in a nice cosy cell,fed well offered free entertainment and a fine Christmas dinner,and let us not forget his methadone,we couldn't let him go cold turkey could we.
All this whilst many elderly ex servicemen whom he stole from will be struggling to keep warm and feed themselves.
This Government like those in the past is soft on crime and frightened to death of the Human Rights Act,which they promised to look at !
We must go back to basics. No cautions,No Youth Offending Teams,and offenders should be punished for their crimes/
I would say that all people who commit acts of violence should be birched. Those that steal should be sent to prison with no perks. Those that kill or deal in drugs should be hung.
The softly softly approach has been tried and failed.
I say it is now time to think about the law abiding citizens. The Government should be protecting these people,hold a referendum on law and order,and punishment. Give the majority what it wants after all that is democracy.
But silly me,our Government only wants democracy in other lands not ours.
I would agree with most comments posted above,with the exception of the Captain. Its because of people like him that the Country has been dragged into the gutter. This lowlife is sadly not alone,the world is full of them. He will be tucked up in a nice cosy cell,fed well offered free entertainment and a fine Christmas dinner,and let us not forget his methadone,we couldn't let him go cold turkey could we. All this whilst many elderly ex servicemen whom he stole from will be struggling to keep warm and feed themselves. This Government like those in the past is soft on crime and frightened to death of the Human Rights Act,which they promised to look at ! We must go back to basics. No cautions,No Youth Offending Teams,and offenders should be punished for their crimes/ I would say that all people who commit acts of violence should be birched. Those that steal should be sent to prison with no perks. Those that kill or deal in drugs should be hung. The softly softly approach has been tried and failed. I say it is now time to think about the law abiding citizens. The Government should be protecting these people,hold a referendum on law and order,and punishment. Give the majority what it wants after all that is democracy. But silly me,our Government only wants democracy in other lands not ours. halfhearted

9:48am Thu 24 Nov 11

Troy McCLur says...

Let him who is free of sin caste the first stone.

Everyone is glad that this fella gets regular beatings in prison.. That's very sad. We should hail those prisoners who are beating him up as heroes perhaps. Let's face it, they are just taking the opportunity to beat someone up and they are probably claiming that they are doing it on behalf of the nation and it's Armed Forces.
Well I am ex-military and I come from a family of military.
This guy did wrong. He's seriously messed up and desperately needs to sort his life out, but glorifying other prisoners for repeatedly beating him up is wrong.
"Not in my name".
Let him who is free of sin caste the first stone. Everyone is glad that this fella gets regular beatings in prison.. That's very sad. We should hail those prisoners who are beating him up as heroes perhaps. Let's face it, they are just taking the opportunity to beat someone up and they are probably claiming that they are doing it on behalf of the nation and it's Armed Forces. Well I am ex-military and I come from a family of military. This guy did wrong. He's seriously messed up and desperately needs to sort his life out, but glorifying other prisoners for repeatedly beating him up is wrong. "Not in my name". Troy McCLur

9:55am Thu 24 Nov 11

shytalk says...

Marvelous news. lets hope he gets into the swing of things and enjoys all those communal games in prison. Like playing leapfrog with a gay 22stone lifer cellmate.
Marvelous news. lets hope he gets into the swing of things and enjoys all those communal games in prison. Like playing leapfrog with a gay 22stone lifer cellmate. shytalk

11:12am Thu 24 Nov 11

halfhearted says...

Troy,I hear what you are saying,and I feel that many of the comments are a bit tongue in cheek. But does this incident not show that the general public are sick of things they way they are.
Perhaps he is messed up,but thats what drugs do to people.
Many law abiding citizens are fed up of the millions spent on attempting to rehabilitate these people,instead of punishing them for their wrongdoing.
This mans crimes are just the tip if the iceberg and has been highlighted because of the type of theft and time of year.
What do you suggest we do with other thousand upon thousend offenders who appear before the courts week in and week out. Many of these using the same excuse,I'm sorry ( for getting caught ) but I needed the money to feed my habit.
These people have not stolen charity boxes,but broken into peoples houses out of their tiny minds on drugs,prepared to do anything in order to steal. Many assault the occupant and resort to murder in order to feed their habit.
NO Troy,it has to stop,and these people should be punished,and if the state is not prepared to do it,then people will support illegal means.
Troy,I hear what you are saying,and I feel that many of the comments are a bit tongue in cheek. But does this incident not show that the general public are sick of things they way they are. Perhaps he is messed up,but thats what drugs do to people. Many law abiding citizens are fed up of the millions spent on attempting to rehabilitate these people,instead of punishing them for their wrongdoing. This mans crimes are just the tip if the iceberg and has been highlighted because of the type of theft and time of year. What do you suggest we do with other thousand upon thousend offenders who appear before the courts week in and week out. Many of these using the same excuse,I'm sorry ( for getting caught ) but I needed the money to feed my habit. These people have not stolen charity boxes,but broken into peoples houses out of their tiny minds on drugs,prepared to do anything in order to steal. Many assault the occupant and resort to murder in order to feed their habit. NO Troy,it has to stop,and these people should be punished,and if the state is not prepared to do it,then people will support illegal means. halfhearted

4:14pm Thu 24 Nov 11

Troy McCLur says...

halfhearted wrote:
Troy,I hear what you are saying,and I feel that many of the comments are a bit tongue in cheek. But does this incident not show that the general public are sick of things they way they are.
Perhaps he is messed up,but thats what drugs do to people.
Many law abiding citizens are fed up of the millions spent on attempting to rehabilitate these people,instead of punishing them for their wrongdoing.
This mans crimes are just the tip if the iceberg and has been highlighted because of the type of theft and time of year.
What do you suggest we do with other thousand upon thousend offenders who appear before the courts week in and week out. Many of these using the same excuse,I'm sorry ( for getting caught ) but I needed the money to feed my habit.
These people have not stolen charity boxes,but broken into peoples houses out of their tiny minds on drugs,prepared to do anything in order to steal. Many assault the occupant and resort to murder in order to feed their habit.
NO Troy,it has to stop,and these people should be punished,and if the state is not prepared to do it,then people will support illegal means.
Fair comment.

I just don't like other muppets in prison thinking that they can get some glorification for beating up some other (helpless) muppet.

He's guilty and they are guilty. Just because they keep beating that dude up doesn't mean that they are forgiven if that makes sense.

By beating him up, doesn't make me feel any better about them, cos as you say, they are the trash who make law abiding citizens' lives a misery. I also think that punishment is one thing (and of course I agree that he should be punished), but carrying it on endlessley for self gratification is something completely different.

Dump the lot of them in Antarctica or something!
[quote][p][bold]halfhearted[/bold] wrote: Troy,I hear what you are saying,and I feel that many of the comments are a bit tongue in cheek. But does this incident not show that the general public are sick of things they way they are. Perhaps he is messed up,but thats what drugs do to people. Many law abiding citizens are fed up of the millions spent on attempting to rehabilitate these people,instead of punishing them for their wrongdoing. This mans crimes are just the tip if the iceberg and has been highlighted because of the type of theft and time of year. What do you suggest we do with other thousand upon thousend offenders who appear before the courts week in and week out. Many of these using the same excuse,I'm sorry ( for getting caught ) but I needed the money to feed my habit. These people have not stolen charity boxes,but broken into peoples houses out of their tiny minds on drugs,prepared to do anything in order to steal. Many assault the occupant and resort to murder in order to feed their habit. NO Troy,it has to stop,and these people should be punished,and if the state is not prepared to do it,then people will support illegal means.[/p][/quote]Fair comment. I just don't like other muppets in prison thinking that they can get some glorification for beating up some other (helpless) muppet. He's guilty and they are guilty. Just because they keep beating that dude up doesn't mean that they are forgiven if that makes sense. By beating him up, doesn't make me feel any better about them, cos as you say, they are the trash who make law abiding citizens' lives a misery. I also think that punishment is one thing (and of course I agree that he should be punished), but carrying it on endlessley for self gratification is something completely different. Dump the lot of them in Antarctica or something! Troy McCLur

4:21pm Thu 24 Nov 11

Gaz M says...

Dont agree with most of your post Makaveli but the point about the glue is apt as he already has sticky fingers!
Dont agree with most of your post Makaveli but the point about the glue is apt as he already has sticky fingers! Gaz M

6:37pm Thu 24 Nov 11

louderfasterlonger says...

We have been trying the softly softly approach for years... to the point that criminals are treated as victims of our own society, the excuses used are :-

Paedo - was abused as a child
Thief - came from a broken home
Junky - was bullied as child
Thug - Never had a father figure

We've tried the psychologists and social workers with limited success, the statistics on repeat offenders bears this out.
It's time we reduced prison overheads by making them a living hell... that is, back to victorian values.
Elizabeth Fry.... great woman that she was started a snowball effect that still hasn't come to rest.
We have been trying the softly softly approach for years... to the point that criminals are treated as victims of our own society, the excuses used are :- Paedo - was abused as a child Thief - came from a broken home Junky - was bullied as child Thug - Never had a father figure We've tried the psychologists and social workers with limited success, the statistics on repeat offenders bears this out. It's time we reduced prison overheads by making them a living hell... that is, back to victorian values. Elizabeth Fry.... great woman that she was started a snowball effect that still hasn't come to rest. louderfasterlonger

8:44pm Thu 24 Nov 11

halfhearted says...

Troy,I would agree with your last comment. But as I was attempting to explain the general public at large are sick of the soft option. These people are honest law abiding citizens,but they can see which way society has gone,and they probably feel that criminals will punish their own,and if the law makers are not prepared to act then so be it.
Troy,I would agree with your last comment. But as I was attempting to explain the general public at large are sick of the soft option. These people are honest law abiding citizens,but they can see which way society has gone,and they probably feel that criminals will punish their own,and if the law makers are not prepared to act then so be it. halfhearted

9:08pm Thu 24 Nov 11

Aslam Hussain says...

Halfhearted , I am Fullhearted with You !
Halfhearted , I am Fullhearted with You ! Aslam Hussain

8:55am Fri 25 Nov 11

will12 says...

Bullet, simple ccccchhh !!!!

And cull the rest of the scum of Society !!!

If this scumbag was an animal, he would have been put down at the first offence, but because he has some sort of human connection, the rest of us have to put up with carp like this for years, even bad apples are disposed of !!!!

If only Carlsberg gave out the Sentences !!!!!!
Bullet, simple ccccchhh !!!! And cull the rest of the scum of Society !!! If this scumbag was an animal, he would have been put down at the first offence, but because he has some sort of human connection, the rest of us have to put up with carp like this for years, even bad apples are disposed of !!!! If only Carlsberg gave out the Sentences !!!!!! will12

11:24am Sat 26 Nov 11

Cha'mone MF says...

captain ian wrote:
In my expreince's of life i have met lots of people of the same ilk as carl anthony mason, however i disagree with most of the people who have commented on this page (the hang em and flog em brigade). Mr mason is a heroin addict which is not his fault because this drug is an evil drug that takes control of you life and you will go to any lenths to get your next fix, if he is put in a rehabilitation centre and given a chance he could become a responsible member of society, we should all pray for this.... just a thought.... captain ian..
Nobody forced him to inject that filth into his arm so yes it is his fault, he's an adult and therefore should accept the consequences for his actions. Quite frankly injecting him with toilet duck would be too much of a civil way to send this animal to hell. and it is people like you who are the sheer definition of what is wrong with society. Just accept that when something is broken beyond repair you throw it away.
You get out of life what you put into it therefore he gets absolutely nothing
[quote][p][bold]captain ian[/bold] wrote: In my expreince's of life i have met lots of people of the same ilk as carl anthony mason, however i disagree with most of the people who have commented on this page (the hang em and flog em brigade). Mr mason is a heroin addict which is not his fault because this drug is an evil drug that takes control of you life and you will go to any lenths to get your next fix, if he is put in a rehabilitation centre and given a chance he could become a responsible member of society, we should all pray for this.... just a thought.... captain ian..[/p][/quote]Nobody forced him to inject that filth into his arm so yes it is his fault, he's an adult and therefore should accept the consequences for his actions. Quite frankly injecting him with toilet duck would be too much of a civil way to send this animal to hell. and it is people like you who are the sheer definition of what is wrong with society. Just accept that when something is broken beyond repair you throw it away. You get out of life what you put into it therefore he gets absolutely nothing Cha'mone MF

4:37pm Sat 26 Nov 11

ex fusilier says...

halfhearted wrote:
I would agree with most comments posted above,with the exception of the Captain. Its because of people like him that the Country has been dragged into the gutter.
This lowlife is sadly not alone,the world is full of them. He will be tucked up in a nice cosy cell,fed well offered free entertainment and a fine Christmas dinner,and let us not forget his methadone,we couldn't let him go cold turkey could we.
All this whilst many elderly ex servicemen whom he stole from will be struggling to keep warm and feed themselves.
This Government like those in the past is soft on crime and frightened to death of the Human Rights Act,which they promised to look at !
We must go back to basics. No cautions,No Youth Offending Teams,and offenders should be punished for their crimes/
I would say that all people who commit acts of violence should be birched. Those that steal should be sent to prison with no perks. Those that kill or deal in drugs should be hung.
The softly softly approach has been tried and failed.
I say it is now time to think about the law abiding citizens. The Government should be protecting these people,hold a referendum on law and order,and punishment. Give the majority what it wants after all that is democracy.
But silly me,our Government only wants democracy in other lands not ours.
what a brilliant post. i just wish we had plenty of people like you in westminster instead of the lily livered boot licking over paid so called politicians who have reduced this country to the cess pit it has become. regarding the captain, i bet a pound to a penny that he is not a captain of the armed forces ilk.
[quote][p][bold]halfhearted[/bold] wrote: I would agree with most comments posted above,with the exception of the Captain. Its because of people like him that the Country has been dragged into the gutter. This lowlife is sadly not alone,the world is full of them. He will be tucked up in a nice cosy cell,fed well offered free entertainment and a fine Christmas dinner,and let us not forget his methadone,we couldn't let him go cold turkey could we. All this whilst many elderly ex servicemen whom he stole from will be struggling to keep warm and feed themselves. This Government like those in the past is soft on crime and frightened to death of the Human Rights Act,which they promised to look at ! We must go back to basics. No cautions,No Youth Offending Teams,and offenders should be punished for their crimes/ I would say that all people who commit acts of violence should be birched. Those that steal should be sent to prison with no perks. Those that kill or deal in drugs should be hung. The softly softly approach has been tried and failed. I say it is now time to think about the law abiding citizens. The Government should be protecting these people,hold a referendum on law and order,and punishment. Give the majority what it wants after all that is democracy. But silly me,our Government only wants democracy in other lands not ours.[/p][/quote]what a brilliant post. i just wish we had plenty of people like you in westminster instead of the lily livered boot licking over paid so called politicians who have reduced this country to the cess pit it has become. regarding the captain, i bet a pound to a penny that he is not a captain of the armed forces ilk. ex fusilier

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree