When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Cafe closed after fire breaks out at Nelson swimming pool
1:42pm Tuesday 21st August 2012 in Pendle
THE CAFE at a Nelson leisure facility is closed after a fire broke out.
The blaze started in a fridge at Wavelengths, in Nelson, at around 2am this morning, and caused damage to the equipment, the counter and roof of the cafe.
Workmen have been called in to carry out repairs but the cafe currently remains shut.
Services at the Leeds Road facility such as the swimming pool and gym were unaffected though.
Fire chiefs believe the fire was caused by an electrical fault.