Patients evacuated from Nelson medical centre after lift control panel explodes

AROUND 200 staff and patients were evacuated from Yarnspinners Medical Centre on Friday after a lift control panel exploded.

Firefighters were called to the Carr Road centre in Nelson at 11.30am after the fire alarm triggered.

Watch manager Gary Ibbitson said: “The lift’s control panel on the second floor had had a small explosion and it had burn out. That’s where the smoke came from.

“We removed the panel and cooled it down to make sure the fire was out and isolated the lift.”

One woman, who works at the centre, said: “It was a bit scary. The lights started flickering and seconds later the fire alarm went off.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree