Nelson man set fire to bed by falling asleep with a cigarette in his mouth (From Lancashire Telegraph)
When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Nelson man set fire to bed by falling asleep with a cigarette in his mouth
10:00pm Monday 4th February 2013 in Pendle
A MAN set fire to his bed after falling asleep with a cigarette in his mouth.
Firefighters were called to a house in Charles Street, Nelson, at 1.30am yesterday.
Crew manager Jenny Nangle said the man had already poured water on the fire, extinguishing it, by the time they arrived.
She said: “It was out when we got there so we just helped to ventilate the property.
“The fire damage was limited to the bedding.
“It was evident this man had had a drink and we ask people to be careful with cigarettes in the home.”
Comments are closed on this article.