When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Fire crews praise mum over bathroom blaze
12:20pm Wednesday 20th June 2012 in Hyndburn
FIREFIGHTERS praised the actions of a woman whose shower unit caught fire as she switched it on.
After leaving the water to run warm, the woman returned to the bathroom to find the unit on fire with smoke billowing.
She closed the bathroom door, alerted her toddler son and friend, and switched the electrical supply to the house off before leaving.
Crews arrived at the house in John Street, Accrington, at 10.45am yesterday, and used two hoses to put out the flames, and a fan to dispel the smoke.
A fire spokesman said: “The lady did everything right in this instance, and her actions meant that the fire was confined to just the bathroom.”
Crews fitted a smoke alarm at the property.