Man treated for smoke inhalation after Accrington pan fire

First published in Hyndburn

A MAN was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a grill pan caught fire in his home today.

Firefighters were called to Lonsdale Street in Accrington at 5.10pm.

The pan had caught fire, causing severe damage to the cooker and its contents and smoke damage to the rest of the property.

There were smoke alarms in the house but they did not have working batteries and the man was asleep.

Watch manager Gary Hargreaves said: “I cannot stress enough the need to have working batteries in smoke alarams.

“If there was a working smoke alarm in this case the damage could have been far less severe.”

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:49pm Fri 23 Nov 12

Info-warrior says...

Was there any alcohol involved or was he just tired after switching the grill on..? Glad to hear nobody was hurt..
Was there any alcohol involved or was he just tired after switching the grill on..? Glad to hear nobody was hurt.. Info-warrior
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree