Elderly man flees house fire in Church

AN ELDERLY man had to flee his Church home after a pan caught fire.

Firefighters were called to the bungalow in Lion Street at around 10.30pm last night after reports that the man, who is understood to be in his 70s, left a boil in the bag meal on the heat.

Crew manager Alex Fletcher said: “The man was out when we arrived waiting for us.

“He had taken the pan off the heat.

“We requested an ambulance to check him over, but he did not go to hospital.”

The damage from the blaze was limited to the pan, but the whole property was smoke logged.

The fire service had believed the man was still in the property so three appliances were sent.

A fan was used to clear the smoke.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree