When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Bin fire in Accrington caused house damage
1:52pm Tuesday 13th November 2012 in Hyndburn
POLICE are investigating after a bin was set alight behind a house in Accrington.
Firefighters were called to the house in Spring Street at 2.15am on Sunday.
The bin was destroyed and there was severe smoke damage to the house which affected the occupants, although nobody was taken to hospital.
Acting crew manager Andy Steele said: “There were no smoke alarms of any kind in the house. I would like to emphasise the importance of having working smoke detection systems in homes.”
Comments are closed on this article.