When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Results: 649 of 650 constituencies declared
|CON 306||LAB 258||LIB DEM 57||OTHER 28|
Name: The Rev Kevin Logan
Candidate for: Hyndburn
Party: Christian Peoples Alliance
(Submitted by candidate)
Kevin Logan has been a Hyndburn community leader for more than a generation.
He’s an author of nine books on our culture and a Saturday columnist with the Lancashire Telegraph for about a decade.
He was vicar of two Hyndburn churches for a total of 26 years, and before that was a councillor for Accrington’s old South Ward which began his active interest in politics.
He was Haslingden district reporter for the Observer and then the Telegraph, eventually taking charge of the Telegraph's Accrington office before becoming a sub-editor.
Kevin’s first wife, Linda, died of cancer and he married Ann (Edmonds).
Each has a son and daughter, and Ann’s son is an Intelligence Officer in Afghanistan with the Duke of Lancaster regiment.
Kevin led a mega regeneration of Christ Church, Accrington, to benefit church and community, and helped set up a children’s centre there, becoming a Hyndburn Sure Start trustee/director.
He also campaigned for better facilities with Woodnook residents groups and was treasurer for Friends of Oak Hill Park.
He pioneered the North’s first Anglican-Baptist church, undoing 400 years of divisive tradition, now known as Trinity Church in Accrington.
He’s a Stanley season-ticket holder, a bowler at Burnley Road and a former captain of Oak Hill Vets.
He also enjoys music (playing and listening), reading and writing.
Three main policies:
1. Save our economy from a greed without morals by regulating bankers, reducing the £1.3 billion debt sooner rather than later and cutting the £40billion spent on interest alone, while honestly striving for industrious 'boom' knowing that 'bust' is an ever-real danger with unrealistic politicians.
2. Save our society from leaders who've forgotten right from wrong; MPs who cheat us out of millions; those who water down our Christian heritage values that once made Britain great; those who risk our children's safety and health by downplaying stable family life by promoting failing alternatives, and those who teach our kids that they're just flesh and blood machines that have swung out of the jungle, and then act surprised when they act like animals.
3. Save us from a culture of death; those who've waged a holocaust killing more than six million unborn babies since 1967 and those who want to design another holocaust at the end of life by pressurising the infirm to end their lives prematurely. We need to stop playing God and realise that we have to answer to God in the end, especially concerning our endangered planet. We're now consuming or poisoning it as if there's no tomorrow and we'll need another five planets by 2050 just to cope with our throwaways.
Your sayYour Telegraph
Add your comment
Register for a FREE Lancashire Telegraph account and you can have your say on today's news and sport by adding comments on articles we publish. The best comments may even get published in the paper.
Please register now or log in below to continue.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to end top-down targets
- Coalition 'boosting reform plans'
- Home information packs to be axed
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed
- Estate agents hail demise of Hips
- Report on voting chaos published
- Cameron to hold talks with Sarkozy
Bored with opinion polls and fed up with party politics? Take revenge on Brown, Cameron & Co by playing our fun games. Click on a game to get started.