Online backing for Jack Straw in sex grooming debate

Sex grooming debate: Online backing for Straw

Sex grooming debate: Online backing for Straw

First published in Keep Them Safe campaign Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

JACK Straw’s controversial comments on grooming have been overwhelmingly backed by the Lancashire Telegraph’s online readers.

The Blackburn MP sparked a nationwide discussion when he said there was a problem of gangs of predominantly, but not exclusively, Pakistani men grooming young white girls on our streets.

In our online survey, a total of 4,874 people said they agreed with Mr Straw, compared to 749 against – an approval rating of 87 per cent.

The issue has stirred a fierce debate, with hundreds of comments posted on the Lancashire Telegraph website on both sides of the argument.

The former Home Secretary acknowledged that the offenders were a tiny minority of all Pakistani men and that when it came to sex crimes white men were responsible for the vast majority of offences.

But he said he wanted to open up a debate and added that some UK Pakistani men saw white girls as “easy meat” for sex abuse and that there were “specific problem” in some areas.

This newspaper launched its Keep Them Safe campaign in 2006 to highlight the issue.

Agencies including police later set up Operation Engage to tackle grooming in East Lancashire by protecting vulnerable girls and arresting sex criminals.

Mr Straw, who has been criticised by some members of his local Labour Party for his comments, said the number of responses to the poll, demonstrated that grooming was a subject that needed to be aired.

He said: “What this shows is that this is an issue people want to see debated.

“We have got to handle it in a sensitive way, and I am more conscious than anyone that these activities are confined to a tiny minority and is in no sense typical of the Pakistani community.”

The MP did suggest he regretted the tone of some of his comments though, and had noted the phrase ‘easy meat’ repeated by his critics.

He said: “In retrospect it would have been slightly better to use slightly less emotive language.”

Comments (33)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:24pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Jhelumrocks says...

Here we go again!
.
.
Here we go again! . . Jhelumrocks
  • Score: 0

12:29pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Jhelumrocks says...

LET
.
.
WAKE UP AND SMELL THE CUSTARD
.
.
WE'VE HEARD THIS STORY
.
.
WE'V HAD THE DEBATE
.
.
YOU THE LET CREATED A PLATFORM FOR OUR COMMUNITY TO BE VILIFIED AS USUAL AND CONTINUE FLAMING THE FIRE
.
.
WE NEED TO CREATE A DAY
.
.
" GIVE THEM A BREAK DAY "
.
.
OR
.
.
START THE BOYCOTT THE LET CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!!
LET . . WAKE UP AND SMELL THE CUSTARD . . WE'VE HEARD THIS STORY . . WE'V HAD THE DEBATE . . YOU THE LET CREATED A PLATFORM FOR OUR COMMUNITY TO BE VILIFIED AS USUAL AND CONTINUE FLAMING THE FIRE . . WE NEED TO CREATE A DAY . . " GIVE THEM A BREAK DAY " . . OR . . START THE BOYCOTT THE LET CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!! Jhelumrocks
  • Score: 0

12:44pm Tue 18 Jan 11

MerlinTheVoiceofReason says...

Jhelumrocks wrote:
LET
.
.
WAKE UP AND SMELL THE CUSTARD
.
.
WE'VE HEARD THIS STORY
.
.
WE'V HAD THE DEBATE
.
.
YOU THE LET CREATED A PLATFORM FOR OUR COMMUNITY TO BE VILIFIED AS USUAL AND CONTINUE FLAMING THE FIRE
.
.
WE NEED TO CREATE A DAY
.
.
" GIVE THEM A BREAK DAY "
.
.
OR
.
.
START THE BOYCOTT THE LET CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!!
Why would anyone want to boycott the LT for reporting what Jack Straw, Blackburn's MP and former minister of state, has said. It has been reported on nearly every newspaper in Britain as a search on Google news will confirm. This is just one of a number of issues the LT has highlighted over the years, irrespective of the racial content of the story or issue - for example, the campaign which raised awareness of reckless driving and needless deaths amongst younger drivers. Long may hard-hitting journalism continue. It is better to get these things out in the open, just like sex abuse in the Church was covered by the world's media.
[quote][p][bold]Jhelumrocks[/bold] wrote: LET . . WAKE UP AND SMELL THE CUSTARD . . WE'VE HEARD THIS STORY . . WE'V HAD THE DEBATE . . YOU THE LET CREATED A PLATFORM FOR OUR COMMUNITY TO BE VILIFIED AS USUAL AND CONTINUE FLAMING THE FIRE . . WE NEED TO CREATE A DAY . . " GIVE THEM A BREAK DAY " . . OR . . START THE BOYCOTT THE LET CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Why would anyone want to boycott the LT for reporting what Jack Straw, Blackburn's MP and former minister of state, has said. It has been reported on nearly every newspaper in Britain as a search on Google news will confirm. This is just one of a number of issues the LT has highlighted over the years, irrespective of the racial content of the story or issue - for example, the campaign which raised awareness of reckless driving and needless deaths amongst younger drivers. Long may hard-hitting journalism continue. It is better to get these things out in the open, just like sex abuse in the Church was covered by the world's media. MerlinTheVoiceofReason
  • Score: 0

12:51pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Jhelumrocks says...

Voice of reason? you having a day off?
.
.
This is not just about the Sex issue.
.
.
WAKE UP
.
.
THEY RUBBISH US IN THE PAPER DAILY
.
.
NOT A DAY GO'S BY WITHOUT ANY ATTACK ON OUR COMMUNITY.
.
.
DIRECT AND INDIRECT
.
.
STIRRING UP TROUBLE AS USUAL.
.
.
BOYCOTT THE LET, SOLD IN 80 PERCENT OF OUR SHOPS!!!!!!
.
.
Voice of reason? you having a day off? . . This is not just about the Sex issue. . . WAKE UP . . THEY RUBBISH US IN THE PAPER DAILY . . NOT A DAY GO'S BY WITHOUT ANY ATTACK ON OUR COMMUNITY. . . DIRECT AND INDIRECT . . STIRRING UP TROUBLE AS USUAL. . . BOYCOTT THE LET, SOLD IN 80 PERCENT OF OUR SHOPS!!!!!! . . Jhelumrocks
  • Score: 0

12:52pm Tue 18 Jan 11

anotherview says...

Reasoned arguments from both sides. But let us not forget that in quite recent times Asian shopkeepers appeared to be "easy meat" for the British youth. Oner particularly nasty case in Lancaster if I remember correctly.
Reasoned arguments from both sides. But let us not forget that in quite recent times Asian shopkeepers appeared to be "easy meat" for the British youth. Oner particularly nasty case in Lancaster if I remember correctly. anotherview
  • Score: 0

1:02pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Jhelumrocks says...

FACT
.
STAT TAKEN FROM CENSUS DATA
.
1. 11.45 % OF THE BLACKBURN POPULATION ARE OF PAKISTANI HERITAGE
.
.
2. LET FEEL WE NEED TO FEATURE IN THE LOCAL RAG " DAILY " !!!!!!!!!!!!!
FACT . STAT TAKEN FROM CENSUS DATA . 1. 11.45 % OF THE BLACKBURN POPULATION ARE OF PAKISTANI HERITAGE . . 2. LET FEEL WE NEED TO FEATURE IN THE LOCAL RAG " DAILY " !!!!!!!!!!!!! Jhelumrocks
  • Score: 0

1:22pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Germanbite says...

Correction - ONS figure for Blackburn and Darwen 2007 - "20.4% of residents are from an Asian ethnic group"
Correction - ONS figure for Blackburn and Darwen 2007 - "20.4% of residents are from an Asian ethnic group" Germanbite
  • Score: 0

2:24pm Tue 18 Jan 11

olbertz2002 says...

at the end of the day its not 'rubbishing you' all the time Jhelumrocks, the news goes on all cultures and non religiouse people
at the end of the day its not 'rubbishing you' all the time Jhelumrocks, the news goes on all cultures and non religiouse people olbertz2002
  • Score: 0

4:50pm Tue 18 Jan 11

time.team says...

“Online backing for Jack Straw in sex grooming debate”
-
What an obvious result:
If Jack Straw had said he was against murder you would have got the same result. When asked to vote ‘Yes or No’ there could only have been one answer no matter who had said it. So with a little help from The Lancashire Telegraph Jack Straw has got away with something he could have done something when he was in power, but didn‘t!
“Online backing for Jack Straw in sex grooming debate” - What an obvious result: If Jack Straw had said he was against murder you would have got the same result. When asked to vote ‘Yes or No’ there could only have been one answer no matter who had said it. So with a little help from The Lancashire Telegraph Jack Straw has got away with something he could have done something when he was in power, but didn‘t! time.team
  • Score: 0

4:56pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Lancs - pensioner says...

Jhelumrocks wrote:
FACT . STAT TAKEN FROM CENSUS DATA . 1. 11.45 % OF THE BLACKBURN POPULATION ARE OF PAKISTANI HERITAGE . . 2. LET FEEL WE NEED TO FEATURE IN THE LOCAL RAG " DAILY " !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Jhelumrocks, I think you may be missing the point here, if your figures are correct and the population of Blackburn is 45% Asian then Asian crimes along with non Asian crimes will be reported by any news paper, the LET may feel they will sell more papers if they highlight certain subjects that sell well, Sex, Violence, Racial crimes, sport etc.
I must say the tone of your e-mails; the large text etc gives the impression of a very angry man, but look at it from someone else’s point of view, whilst we may agree the LET is highlighting certain subjects, we should ask are these subjects true, this is what journalism is all about, isn’t it?.
To name but a few just recently which in my opinion do build up anger from a non Asian point of view are, Knocking down and killing a Grandmother and going on the run for a month, an illegal immigrant knocking down a young girl and leaving her to die whilst being disqualified from driving (twice) Local Asian being sent to Jail (which I presume British Justice means they were guilty) for attempting to Bomb innocent people, to simply cutting down trees and ignoring the law of the land.
All this in my home town of Blackburn where I believe racial tension will always be a problem until the Asian community tries harder to harmonise with the local community, these are just simply my opinions, please point out any untruths here and stop asking the LET to stop printing story’s you don’t like.
[quote][p][bold]Jhelumrocks[/bold] wrote: FACT . STAT TAKEN FROM CENSUS DATA . 1. 11.45 % OF THE BLACKBURN POPULATION ARE OF PAKISTANI HERITAGE . . 2. LET FEEL WE NEED TO FEATURE IN THE LOCAL RAG " DAILY " !!!!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Hi Jhelumrocks, I think you may be missing the point here, if your figures are correct and the population of Blackburn is 45% Asian then Asian crimes along with non Asian crimes will be reported by any news paper, the LET may feel they will sell more papers if they highlight certain subjects that sell well, Sex, Violence, Racial crimes, sport etc. I must say the tone of your e-mails; the large text etc gives the impression of a very angry man, but look at it from someone else’s point of view, whilst we may agree the LET is highlighting certain subjects, we should ask are these subjects true, this is what journalism is all about, isn’t it?. To name but a few just recently which in my opinion do build up anger from a non Asian point of view are, Knocking down and killing a Grandmother and going on the run for a month, an illegal immigrant knocking down a young girl and leaving her to die whilst being disqualified from driving (twice) Local Asian being sent to Jail (which I presume British Justice means they were guilty) for attempting to Bomb innocent people, to simply cutting down trees and ignoring the law of the land. All this in my home town of Blackburn where I believe racial tension will always be a problem until the Asian community tries harder to harmonise with the local community, these are just simply my opinions, please point out any untruths here and stop asking the LET to stop printing story’s you don’t like. Lancs - pensioner
  • Score: 0

5:01pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Lancs - pensioner says...

Lancs - pensioner wrote:
Jhelumrocks wrote: FACT . STAT TAKEN FROM CENSUS DATA . 1. 11.45 % OF THE BLACKBURN POPULATION ARE OF PAKISTANI HERITAGE . . 2. LET FEEL WE NEED TO FEATURE IN THE LOCAL RAG " DAILY " !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Jhelumrocks, I think you may be missing the point here, if your figures are correct and the population of Blackburn is 45% Asian then Asian crimes along with non Asian crimes will be reported by any news paper, the LET may feel they will sell more papers if they highlight certain subjects that sell well, Sex, Violence, Racial crimes, sport etc. I must say the tone of your e-mails; the large text etc gives the impression of a very angry man, but look at it from someone else’s point of view, whilst we may agree the LET is highlighting certain subjects, we should ask are these subjects true, this is what journalism is all about, isn’t it?. To name but a few just recently which in my opinion do build up anger from a non Asian point of view are, Knocking down and killing a Grandmother and going on the run for a month, an illegal immigrant knocking down a young girl and leaving her to die whilst being disqualified from driving (twice) Local Asian being sent to Jail (which I presume British Justice means they were guilty) for attempting to Bomb innocent people, to simply cutting down trees and ignoring the law of the land. All this in my home town of Blackburn where I believe racial tension will always be a problem until the Asian community tries harder to harmonise with the local community, these are just simply my opinions, please point out any untruths here and stop asking the LET to stop printing story’s you don’t like.
Sorry just read another one in the LET, young boy in Whalley gets sexually asaulted by and Asian who has never worked for 14 years!!
[quote][p][bold]Lancs - pensioner[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jhelumrocks[/bold] wrote: FACT . STAT TAKEN FROM CENSUS DATA . 1. 11.45 % OF THE BLACKBURN POPULATION ARE OF PAKISTANI HERITAGE . . 2. LET FEEL WE NEED TO FEATURE IN THE LOCAL RAG " DAILY " !!!!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Hi Jhelumrocks, I think you may be missing the point here, if your figures are correct and the population of Blackburn is 45% Asian then Asian crimes along with non Asian crimes will be reported by any news paper, the LET may feel they will sell more papers if they highlight certain subjects that sell well, Sex, Violence, Racial crimes, sport etc. I must say the tone of your e-mails; the large text etc gives the impression of a very angry man, but look at it from someone else’s point of view, whilst we may agree the LET is highlighting certain subjects, we should ask are these subjects true, this is what journalism is all about, isn’t it?. To name but a few just recently which in my opinion do build up anger from a non Asian point of view are, Knocking down and killing a Grandmother and going on the run for a month, an illegal immigrant knocking down a young girl and leaving her to die whilst being disqualified from driving (twice) Local Asian being sent to Jail (which I presume British Justice means they were guilty) for attempting to Bomb innocent people, to simply cutting down trees and ignoring the law of the land. All this in my home town of Blackburn where I believe racial tension will always be a problem until the Asian community tries harder to harmonise with the local community, these are just simply my opinions, please point out any untruths here and stop asking the LET to stop printing story’s you don’t like.[/p][/quote]Sorry just read another one in the LET, young boy in Whalley gets sexually asaulted by and Asian who has never worked for 14 years!! Lancs - pensioner
  • Score: 0

5:25pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Lifeinthemix says...

racism...the poor mans football.....
racism...the poor mans football..... Lifeinthemix
  • Score: 0

5:32pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Lancs - pensioner says...

Lifeinthemix wrote:
racism...the poor mans football.....
More like the "Truth hurts, so dont tell it"
[quote][p][bold]Lifeinthemix[/bold] wrote: racism...the poor mans football.....[/p][/quote]More like the "Truth hurts, so dont tell it" Lancs - pensioner
  • Score: 0

5:37pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Longside Bex says...

And as this debate goes on, the crimes are still happening. Jack Straw was right in what he said. These people would rather face the punishment set down by Her Majesty rather than Allah because they are dealt with so leniently.

If they committed sucha crime in their country of origin, they would undoubtedly face the death penalty, that's why they are over here.
And as this debate goes on, the crimes are still happening. Jack Straw was right in what he said. These people would rather face the punishment set down by Her Majesty rather than Allah because they are dealt with so leniently. If they committed sucha crime in their country of origin, they would undoubtedly face the death penalty, that's why they are over here. Longside Bex
  • Score: 0

9:12pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Jhelumrocks says...

Germanbite wrote:
Correction - ONS figure for Blackburn and Darwen 2007 - "20.4% of residents are from an Asian ethnic group"
Please read the thread properly, it mentions pakistani, lets break down your percentage a little more!
[quote][p][bold]Germanbite[/bold] wrote: Correction - ONS figure for Blackburn and Darwen 2007 - "20.4% of residents are from an Asian ethnic group"[/p][/quote]Please read the thread properly, it mentions pakistani, lets break down your percentage a little more! Jhelumrocks
  • Score: 0

9:14pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Jhelumrocks says...

olbertz2002 wrote:
at the end of the day its not 'rubbishing you' all the time Jhelumrocks, the news goes on all cultures and non religiouse people
Unfortunately, these are to daily ATTACKS on muslims by the LET!
[quote][p][bold]olbertz2002[/bold] wrote: at the end of the day its not 'rubbishing you' all the time Jhelumrocks, the news goes on all cultures and non religiouse people[/p][/quote]Unfortunately, these are to daily ATTACKS on muslims by the LET! Jhelumrocks
  • Score: 0

9:16pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Jhelumrocks says...

Lancs - pensioner wrote:
Lifeinthemix wrote:
racism...the poor mans football.....
More like the "Truth hurts, so dont tell it"
Sir
.
I take it you believe everything you read in the paper?
.
Naive?
.
or
.
Gullible?
[quote][p][bold]Lancs - pensioner[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lifeinthemix[/bold] wrote: racism...the poor mans football.....[/p][/quote]More like the "Truth hurts, so dont tell it"[/p][/quote]Sir . I take it you believe everything you read in the paper? . Naive? . or . Gullible? Jhelumrocks
  • Score: 0

9:19pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Jhelumrocks says...

Hi Jhelumrocks, I think you may be missing the point here, if your figures are correct and the population of Blackburn is 45%
.
.
Please read the thread again
.
11.45 %
Hi Jhelumrocks, I think you may be missing the point here, if your figures are correct and the population of Blackburn is 45% . . Please read the thread again . 11.45 % Jhelumrocks
  • Score: 0

9:28pm Tue 18 Jan 11

NICEONESUNSHINE says...

Jhelumrocks wrote:
Voice of reason? you having a day off?
.
.
This is not just about the Sex issue.
.
.
WAKE UP
.
.
THEY RUBBISH US IN THE PAPER DAILY
.
.
NOT A DAY GO'S BY WITHOUT ANY ATTACK ON OUR COMMUNITY.
.
.
DIRECT AND INDIRECT
.
.
STIRRING UP TROUBLE AS USUAL.
.
.
BOYCOTT THE LET, SOLD IN 80 PERCENT OF OUR SHOPS!!!!!!
.
.
I'm sorry to say that this is just typifies the gulf in our cultures:
.
A local newspaper reports a news story that is a massive issue in the community and an Asian poster takes it as an affront to his community, and Asians as a whole, before calling for a boycott by Asian people, who sell the newspaper in their shops.
.
This is NOT an attack on the Asian community and your attempted 'Jihad' on the LET stinks of a secretive culture that is trying to keep its problems undercover because it brings "shame on the community".
.
I'm afraid that this poster needs to "WAKE UP" because he is living in a democratic country that has a proud tradition of free speech, freedom of press and a right to express ones opinion, however 'controversial' the subject. If he doesn't like it maybe he should find a place to live that agrees with censorship eh?
[quote][p][bold]Jhelumrocks[/bold] wrote: Voice of reason? you having a day off? . . This is not just about the Sex issue. . . WAKE UP . . THEY RUBBISH US IN THE PAPER DAILY . . NOT A DAY GO'S BY WITHOUT ANY ATTACK ON OUR COMMUNITY. . . DIRECT AND INDIRECT . . STIRRING UP TROUBLE AS USUAL. . . BOYCOTT THE LET, SOLD IN 80 PERCENT OF OUR SHOPS!!!!!! . .[/p][/quote]I'm sorry to say that this is just typifies the gulf in our cultures: . A local newspaper reports a news story that is a massive issue in the community and an Asian poster takes it as an affront to his community, and Asians as a whole, before calling for a boycott by Asian people, who sell the newspaper in their shops. . This is NOT an attack on the Asian community and your attempted 'Jihad' on the LET stinks of a secretive culture that is trying to keep its problems undercover because it brings "shame on the community". . I'm afraid that this poster needs to "WAKE UP" because he is living in a democratic country that has a proud tradition of free speech, freedom of press and a right to express ones opinion, however 'controversial' the subject. If he doesn't like it maybe he should find a place to live that agrees with censorship eh? NICEONESUNSHINE
  • Score: 0

10:00pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Jhelumrocks says...

NICEONESUNSHINE wrote:
Jhelumrocks wrote:
Voice of reason? you having a day off?
.
.
This is not just about the Sex issue.
.
.
WAKE UP
.
.
THEY RUBBISH US IN THE PAPER DAILY
.
.
NOT A DAY GO'S BY WITHOUT ANY ATTACK ON OUR COMMUNITY.
.
.
DIRECT AND INDIRECT
.
.
STIRRING UP TROUBLE AS USUAL.
.
.
BOYCOTT THE LET, SOLD IN 80 PERCENT OF OUR SHOPS!!!!!!
.
.
I'm sorry to say that this is just typifies the gulf in our cultures:
.
A local newspaper reports a news story that is a massive issue in the community and an Asian poster takes it as an affront to his community, and Asians as a whole, before calling for a boycott by Asian people, who sell the newspaper in their shops.
.
This is NOT an attack on the Asian community and your attempted 'Jihad' on the LET stinks of a secretive culture that is trying to keep its problems undercover because it brings "shame on the community".
.
I'm afraid that this poster needs to "WAKE UP" because he is living in a democratic country that has a proud tradition of free speech, freedom of press and a right to express ones opinion, however 'controversial' the subject. If he doesn't like it maybe he should find a place to live that agrees with censorship eh?
Its a cloudy day!
.
Between reading the daily Star and posting comments on here you should educate yourself.
.
A muslim knocks a tree down, front page headlines!
.
muslim corner shop bans hoodies?
.
muslim parks on double yellows?
.
what next muslim breaks wind?
.
ATTACK.
.
ATTACK
.
ATTACK ON MUSLIMS
.
.
21st century crusade on muslims!
.
secretive culture?
.
Are you 12 years old? i take it a muslim kid told you this big bad secret in school!
.
Not very good are we trying to keep secrets? even you figured it out!!!
.
This country does have a proud tradition of free speech? however 99 % of us still believe causing another person undue alarm and distress and hiding behind your favourite word of the year " FREEDOM " does not make it right!
.
Drawing a cartoon caused over 1 billion people worldwide upset. Was this right?
.
first you gave us your fave word
.
WMD
.
DEMOCRACY
.
SANCTIONS
.
FREEDOM
.
FREE WORLD
.
What about Cease fire???
.
.
.
Ask your self this question
.
Would you poke fun at a person with a disabilty crossing the street in front of you, because you have the right ?
[quote][p][bold]NICEONESUNSHINE[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jhelumrocks[/bold] wrote: Voice of reason? you having a day off? . . This is not just about the Sex issue. . . WAKE UP . . THEY RUBBISH US IN THE PAPER DAILY . . NOT A DAY GO'S BY WITHOUT ANY ATTACK ON OUR COMMUNITY. . . DIRECT AND INDIRECT . . STIRRING UP TROUBLE AS USUAL. . . BOYCOTT THE LET, SOLD IN 80 PERCENT OF OUR SHOPS!!!!!! . .[/p][/quote]I'm sorry to say that this is just typifies the gulf in our cultures: . A local newspaper reports a news story that is a massive issue in the community and an Asian poster takes it as an affront to his community, and Asians as a whole, before calling for a boycott by Asian people, who sell the newspaper in their shops. . This is NOT an attack on the Asian community and your attempted 'Jihad' on the LET stinks of a secretive culture that is trying to keep its problems undercover because it brings "shame on the community". . I'm afraid that this poster needs to "WAKE UP" because he is living in a democratic country that has a proud tradition of free speech, freedom of press and a right to express ones opinion, however 'controversial' the subject. If he doesn't like it maybe he should find a place to live that agrees with censorship eh?[/p][/quote]Its a cloudy day! . Between reading the daily Star and posting comments on here you should educate yourself. . A muslim knocks a tree down, front page headlines! . muslim corner shop bans hoodies? . muslim parks on double yellows? . what next muslim breaks wind? . ATTACK. . ATTACK . ATTACK ON MUSLIMS . . 21st century crusade on muslims! . secretive culture? . Are you 12 years old? i take it a muslim kid told you this big bad secret in school! . Not very good are we trying to keep secrets? even you figured it out!!! . This country does have a proud tradition of free speech? however 99 % of us still believe causing another person undue alarm and distress and hiding behind your favourite word of the year " FREEDOM " does not make it right! . Drawing a cartoon caused over 1 billion people worldwide upset. Was this right? . first you gave us your fave word . WMD . DEMOCRACY . SANCTIONS . FREEDOM . FREE WORLD . What about Cease fire??? . . . Ask your self this question . Would you poke fun at a person with a disabilty crossing the street in front of you, because you have the right ? Jhelumrocks
  • Score: 0

11:24pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Corky Mac says...

Jhelumrocks wrote:
Voice of reason? you having a day off? . . This is not just about the Sex issue. . . WAKE UP . . THEY RUBBISH US IN THE PAPER DAILY . . NOT A DAY GO'S BY WITHOUT ANY ATTACK ON OUR COMMUNITY. . . DIRECT AND INDIRECT . . STIRRING UP TROUBLE AS USUAL. . . BOYCOTT THE LET, SOLD IN 80 PERCENT OF OUR SHOPS!!!!!! . .
Massive chip you got there Jheumrocks. How come you notice the asian headlines and not the white one`s as well? Let me make you feel better
Catholic Priests abuse young people in their care

Football yobs given 32 years imprisonment for violence

White nurse hits vulnerable patient

scumbag whiteman causes brain damage to baby

and so on........

You say boycott the LET in 80% percent of OUR shops,
you and you yourself are the one causing a divide.

You and some other Muslims like you cause more friction with this victim role you put yourselves in called racial abuse, whilst it's a smokescreen for you to become the abusers whilst we keep our mouths shut due to upsetting the political correct....Well not me buddy.....If you don't like the situation and conditions you live in...GET OUT!! Simple
[quote][p][bold]Jhelumrocks[/bold] wrote: Voice of reason? you having a day off? . . This is not just about the Sex issue. . . WAKE UP . . THEY RUBBISH US IN THE PAPER DAILY . . NOT A DAY GO'S BY WITHOUT ANY ATTACK ON OUR COMMUNITY. . . DIRECT AND INDIRECT . . STIRRING UP TROUBLE AS USUAL. . . BOYCOTT THE LET, SOLD IN 80 PERCENT OF OUR SHOPS!!!!!! . .[/p][/quote]Massive chip you got there Jheumrocks. How come you notice the asian headlines and not the white one`s as well? Let me make you feel better Catholic Priests abuse young people in their care Football yobs given 32 years imprisonment for violence White nurse hits vulnerable patient scumbag whiteman causes brain damage to baby and so on........ You say boycott the LET in 80% percent of OUR shops, you and you yourself are the one causing a divide. You and some other Muslims like you cause more friction with this victim role you put yourselves in called racial abuse, whilst it's a smokescreen for you to become the abusers whilst we keep our mouths shut due to upsetting the political correct....Well not me buddy.....If you don't like the situation and conditions you live in...GET OUT!! Simple Corky Mac
  • Score: 0

11:35pm Tue 18 Jan 11

Jhelumrocks says...

All i'm asking for is proportionality, have you read the latest article about the italian restaurant???
.
.
sums up the LET
.
.
All major news stories must be reported regardless of who or which particular group its about.
.
.
what i dnt agree with is the pathetic inflammatory headlines.
.
.
Muslim shoplifter caught ( how about scote caught )
.
.
Muslim man drops litter?????
.
.
need i go on?
.
.
..Well not me buddy.....If you don't like the situation and conditions you live in...GET OUT!! "Simple"

you a meerkat?
.
.
i'm not labelling the LET as racists, i just feel they have jumped on the " persecute the muslims " bandwagon.
.
All i'm asking for is proportionality, have you read the latest article about the italian restaurant??? . . sums up the LET . . All major news stories must be reported regardless of who or which particular group its about. . . what i dnt agree with is the pathetic inflammatory headlines. . . Muslim shoplifter caught ( how about scote caught ) . . Muslim man drops litter????? . . need i go on? . . ..Well not me buddy.....If you don't like the situation and conditions you live in...GET OUT!! "Simple" you a meerkat? . . i'm not labelling the LET as racists, i just feel they have jumped on the " persecute the muslims " bandwagon. . Jhelumrocks
  • Score: 0

12:01am Wed 19 Jan 11

Corky Mac says...

Jhelumrocks wrote:
All i'm asking for is proportionality, have you read the latest article about the italian restaurant??? . . sums up the LET . . All major news stories must be reported regardless of who or which particular group its about. . . what i dnt agree with is the pathetic inflammatory headlines. . . Muslim shoplifter caught ( how about scote caught ) . . Muslim man drops litter????? . . need i go on? . . ..Well not me buddy.....If you don't like the situation and conditions you live in...GET OUT!! "Simple" you a meerkat? . . i'm not labelling the LET as racists, i just feel they have jumped on the " persecute the muslims " bandwagon. .
You persecute yourself......your a fruitcake pal....go and find a one way ticket to Pakistan so you can live in harmony, and take some of your deluded mates with you, so we can live in harmony and not put up with your gobshite ways.
[quote][p][bold]Jhelumrocks[/bold] wrote: All i'm asking for is proportionality, have you read the latest article about the italian restaurant??? . . sums up the LET . . All major news stories must be reported regardless of who or which particular group its about. . . what i dnt agree with is the pathetic inflammatory headlines. . . Muslim shoplifter caught ( how about scote caught ) . . Muslim man drops litter????? . . need i go on? . . ..Well not me buddy.....If you don't like the situation and conditions you live in...GET OUT!! "Simple" you a meerkat? . . i'm not labelling the LET as racists, i just feel they have jumped on the " persecute the muslims " bandwagon. .[/p][/quote]You persecute yourself......your a fruitcake pal....go and find a one way ticket to Pakistan so you can live in harmony, and take some of your deluded mates with you, so we can live in harmony and not put up with your gobshite ways. Corky Mac
  • Score: 0

12:14am Wed 19 Jan 11

Jhelumrocks says...

Corky Mac wrote:
Jhelumrocks wrote:
All i'm asking for is proportionality, have you read the latest article about the italian restaurant??? . . sums up the LET . . All major news stories must be reported regardless of who or which particular group its about. . . what i dnt agree with is the pathetic inflammatory headlines. . . Muslim shoplifter caught ( how about scote caught ) . . Muslim man drops litter????? . . need i go on? . . ..Well not me buddy.....If you don't like the situation and conditions you live in...GET OUT!! "Simple" you a meerkat? . . i'm not labelling the LET as racists, i just feel they have jumped on the " persecute the muslims " bandwagon. .
You persecute yourself......your a fruitcake pal....go and find a one way ticket to Pakistan so you can live in harmony, and take some of your deluded mates with you, so we can live in harmony and not put up with your gobshite ways.
Big Mac
.
.
Did the brother forget to deliver your Daily Star?
.
.
You presumed i was from Pakistan?
.
.
Speak the truth and get abused by the Daily Stars fave customer!!!
[quote][p][bold]Corky Mac[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jhelumrocks[/bold] wrote: All i'm asking for is proportionality, have you read the latest article about the italian restaurant??? . . sums up the LET . . All major news stories must be reported regardless of who or which particular group its about. . . what i dnt agree with is the pathetic inflammatory headlines. . . Muslim shoplifter caught ( how about scote caught ) . . Muslim man drops litter????? . . need i go on? . . ..Well not me buddy.....If you don't like the situation and conditions you live in...GET OUT!! "Simple" you a meerkat? . . i'm not labelling the LET as racists, i just feel they have jumped on the " persecute the muslims " bandwagon. .[/p][/quote]You persecute yourself......your a fruitcake pal....go and find a one way ticket to Pakistan so you can live in harmony, and take some of your deluded mates with you, so we can live in harmony and not put up with your gobshite ways.[/p][/quote]Big Mac . . Did the brother forget to deliver your Daily Star? . . You presumed i was from Pakistan? . . Speak the truth and get abused by the Daily Stars fave customer!!! Jhelumrocks
  • Score: 0

9:25am Wed 19 Jan 11

wing commander bomber harris says...

Lifeinthemix wrote:
racism...the poor mans football.....
Lifeinthemix... the accrington mans villiage idiot
[quote][p][bold]Lifeinthemix[/bold] wrote: racism...the poor mans football.....[/p][/quote]Lifeinthemix... the accrington mans villiage idiot wing commander bomber harris
  • Score: 0

9:34am Wed 19 Jan 11

wing commander bomber harris says...

Jhelumrocks wrote:
Corky Mac wrote:
Jhelumrocks wrote: All i'm asking for is proportionality, have you read the latest article about the italian restaurant??? . . sums up the LET . . All major news stories must be reported regardless of who or which particular group its about. . . what i dnt agree with is the pathetic inflammatory headlines. . . Muslim shoplifter caught ( how about scote caught ) . . Muslim man drops litter????? . . need i go on? . . ..Well not me buddy.....If you don't like the situation and conditions you live in...GET OUT!! "Simple" you a meerkat? . . i'm not labelling the LET as racists, i just feel they have jumped on the " persecute the muslims " bandwagon. .
You persecute yourself......your a fruitcake pal....go and find a one way ticket to Pakistan so you can live in harmony, and take some of your deluded mates with you, so we can live in harmony and not put up with your gobshite ways.
Big Mac . . Did the brother forget to deliver your Daily Star? . . You presumed i was from Pakistan? . . Speak the truth and get abused by the Daily Stars fave customer!!!
Jhelumrocks, you seem to have created a little situation where you have become the spokesman for moderate muslim views. While you are entitled to do this because we live in a free country, I am concerned that you are getting a little narky (see above)and trying to shout down anybody with a objective view that conflicts with yours. You've made your point but there is a danger that you could make yourself ill with this.
[quote][p][bold]Jhelumrocks[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Corky Mac[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jhelumrocks[/bold] wrote: All i'm asking for is proportionality, have you read the latest article about the italian restaurant??? . . sums up the LET . . All major news stories must be reported regardless of who or which particular group its about. . . what i dnt agree with is the pathetic inflammatory headlines. . . Muslim shoplifter caught ( how about scote caught ) . . Muslim man drops litter????? . . need i go on? . . ..Well not me buddy.....If you don't like the situation and conditions you live in...GET OUT!! "Simple" you a meerkat? . . i'm not labelling the LET as racists, i just feel they have jumped on the " persecute the muslims " bandwagon. .[/p][/quote]You persecute yourself......your a fruitcake pal....go and find a one way ticket to Pakistan so you can live in harmony, and take some of your deluded mates with you, so we can live in harmony and not put up with your gobshite ways.[/p][/quote]Big Mac . . Did the brother forget to deliver your Daily Star? . . You presumed i was from Pakistan? . . Speak the truth and get abused by the Daily Stars fave customer!!![/p][/quote]Jhelumrocks, you seem to have created a little situation where you have become the spokesman for moderate muslim views. While you are entitled to do this because we live in a free country, I am concerned that you are getting a little narky (see above)and trying to shout down anybody with a objective view that conflicts with yours. You've made your point but there is a danger that you could make yourself ill with this. wing commander bomber harris
  • Score: 0

9:35am Wed 19 Jan 11

grumpyoldlady says...

lancs-pensioner. You forgot to add to your list: large scale VAT fraud, satellite box fraud, speeding fine fraud etc.

Are these the actions of people who understand what is morally wrong or right?
lancs-pensioner. You forgot to add to your list: large scale VAT fraud, satellite box fraud, speeding fine fraud etc. Are these the actions of people who understand what is morally wrong or right? grumpyoldlady
  • Score: 0

12:07pm Wed 19 Jan 11

NevaStop says...

I don't think your in a position to question morals? You live in a country that has gone into 2 immoral wars! MP's scamming tax payers money in expenses claim! fuel prices,inflation going up! I think we all know what is wrong or right! but know this it is the rich that are getting richer and dumbing you surplus to requirements down to the gutter! You can label us but we are generation that have only come here since 66' so integration takes years a whole lot of years it wont happen in your time oldlady! so just stay grumpy and smile.
I don't think your in a position to question morals? You live in a country that has gone into 2 immoral wars! MP's scamming tax payers money in expenses claim! fuel prices,inflation going up! I think we all know what is wrong or right! but know this it is the rich that are getting richer and dumbing you surplus to requirements down to the gutter! You can label us but we are generation that have only come here since 66' so integration takes years a whole lot of years it wont happen in your time oldlady! so just stay grumpy and smile. NevaStop
  • Score: 0

1:18pm Wed 19 Jan 11

wing commander bomber harris says...

NevaStop wrote:
I don't think your in a position to question morals? You live in a country that has gone into 2 immoral wars! MP's scamming tax payers money in expenses claim! fuel prices,inflation going up! I think we all know what is wrong or right! but know this it is the rich that are getting richer and dumbing you surplus to requirements down to the gutter! You can label us but we are generation that have only come here since 66' so integration takes years a whole lot of years it wont happen in your time oldlady! so just stay grumpy and smile.
Hold on a minute Neva. The Iraq war was protested by hundreds of thousand around the country. Afghanistan was invaded because of the twin tower attacks (remember them?). As for immoral, we can easily list the cr@p the taliban does to it's own population. MP's scamming - caught, fined and imprisioned. Fuel prices and inflation? A bit off target really, that's more to do with politics rather than illegal activities. As for integration - I can't see how social isolation, not learning English and Islamic schools are going to improve things. PS "just stay grumpy and smile" maybe your answer is the reason why grumpyoldlady has such a negative attitude towards certain people. Just a thought.....
[quote][p][bold]NevaStop[/bold] wrote: I don't think your in a position to question morals? You live in a country that has gone into 2 immoral wars! MP's scamming tax payers money in expenses claim! fuel prices,inflation going up! I think we all know what is wrong or right! but know this it is the rich that are getting richer and dumbing you surplus to requirements down to the gutter! You can label us but we are generation that have only come here since 66' so integration takes years a whole lot of years it wont happen in your time oldlady! so just stay grumpy and smile.[/p][/quote]Hold on a minute Neva. The Iraq war was protested by hundreds of thousand around the country. Afghanistan was invaded because of the twin tower attacks (remember them?). As for immoral, we can easily list the cr@p the taliban does to it's own population. MP's scamming - caught, fined and imprisioned. Fuel prices and inflation? A bit off target really, that's more to do with politics rather than illegal activities. As for integration - I can't see how social isolation, not learning English and Islamic schools are going to improve things. PS "just stay grumpy and smile" maybe your answer is the reason why grumpyoldlady has such a negative attitude towards certain people. Just a thought..... wing commander bomber harris
  • Score: 0

3:05pm Wed 19 Jan 11

NevaStop says...

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. NevaStop
  • Score: 0

4:15pm Wed 19 Jan 11

wing commander bomber harris says...

NevaStop wrote:
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
Have you lifted this off Yoda?
[quote][p][bold]NevaStop[/bold] wrote: Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.[/p][/quote]Have you lifted this off Yoda? wing commander bomber harris
  • Score: 0

7:05pm Wed 19 Jan 11

Lancs - pensioner says...

grumpyoldlady wrote:
lancs-pensioner. You forgot to add to your list: large scale VAT fraud, satellite box fraud, speeding fine fraud etc. Are these the actions of people who understand what is morally wrong or right?
Hi Grumps, I was only trying to point out to Jhelumrocks that the LET reports everything not just Asian problems, what I really want is not to score points like some who write in these columns like Lifeinthemix but to have conversations with anyone who wants open dialogue, if Jhelumrocks has an opinion he is entitled to it, because I disagree and I then point things out to him what upsets me this is freedom of speech, to stop this will in my opinion cause even more problems.
I feel if we all did this without a racist agenda I would hope our two community’s would get to know each other better, but as I have said earlier I feel the Asian community need to understand why we get upset at times, and unfortunately in the last year the LET have had a few headlines with Asian problems and Jhelumrocks must start to realise these are not for just cutting down trees.
Blackburn has a large Asian community and again I feel it will always be “us and them” for a long time unless we converse without worrying about being prosecuted by the PC brigade.
[quote][p][bold]grumpyoldlady[/bold] wrote: lancs-pensioner. You forgot to add to your list: large scale VAT fraud, satellite box fraud, speeding fine fraud etc. Are these the actions of people who understand what is morally wrong or right?[/p][/quote]Hi Grumps, I was only trying to point out to Jhelumrocks that the LET reports everything not just Asian problems, what I really want is not to score points like some who write in these columns like Lifeinthemix but to have conversations with anyone who wants open dialogue, if Jhelumrocks has an opinion he is entitled to it, because I disagree and I then point things out to him what upsets me this is freedom of speech, to stop this will in my opinion cause even more problems. I feel if we all did this without a racist agenda I would hope our two community’s would get to know each other better, but as I have said earlier I feel the Asian community need to understand why we get upset at times, and unfortunately in the last year the LET have had a few headlines with Asian problems and Jhelumrocks must start to realise these are not for just cutting down trees. Blackburn has a large Asian community and again I feel it will always be “us and them” for a long time unless we converse without worrying about being prosecuted by the PC brigade. Lancs - pensioner
  • Score: 0

7:21pm Wed 19 Jan 11

NICEONESUNSHINE says...

Jhelumrocks wrote:
All i'm asking for is proportionality, have you read the latest article about the italian restaurant???
.
.
sums up the LET
.
.
All major news stories must be reported regardless of who or which particular group its about.
.
.
what i dnt agree with is the pathetic inflammatory headlines.
.
.
Muslim shoplifter caught ( how about scote caught )
.
.
Muslim man drops litter?????
.
.
need i go on?
.
.
..Well not me buddy.....If you don't like the situation and conditions you live in...GET OUT!! "Simple"

you a meerkat?
.
.
i'm not labelling the LET as racists, i just feel they have jumped on the " persecute the muslims " bandwagon.
.
Are you for real?
.
How dare you label people who question your ridiculous comments as "12 year olds" and "Daily Star" readers or "simple"?
.
Do you read your own comments before you post them man? I doubt it. By reading them it's glaringly obvious that you're so arrogant, selfish and conceited it would be hard for you to consider anyone else's views, however valid.
.
Whatever, lets get some thing straight:
.
Its YOU who is presuming that these offences are committed by Muslims isn't it? Why is that then??
.
Don't bother to answer If the only thing your going to spout is the pathetic " Muslims are victims of a media witch-hunt" mantra.
.

I've got a tip for you. If you can't respond to posts that challenge your position without issuing puerile, parroted insults, then don't post stupid, parochial rants that are full of denial
[quote][p][bold]Jhelumrocks[/bold] wrote: All i'm asking for is proportionality, have you read the latest article about the italian restaurant??? . . sums up the LET . . All major news stories must be reported regardless of who or which particular group its about. . . what i dnt agree with is the pathetic inflammatory headlines. . . Muslim shoplifter caught ( how about scote caught ) . . Muslim man drops litter????? . . need i go on? . . ..Well not me buddy.....If you don't like the situation and conditions you live in...GET OUT!! "Simple" you a meerkat? . . i'm not labelling the LET as racists, i just feel they have jumped on the " persecute the muslims " bandwagon. .[/p][/quote]Are you for real? . How dare you label people who question your ridiculous comments as "12 year olds" and "Daily Star" readers or "simple"? . Do you read your own comments before you post them man? I doubt it. By reading them it's glaringly obvious that you're so arrogant, selfish and conceited it would be hard for you to consider anyone else's views, however valid. . Whatever, lets get some thing straight: . Its YOU who is presuming that these offences are committed by Muslims isn't it? Why is that then?? . Don't bother to answer If the only thing your going to spout is the pathetic " Muslims are victims of a media witch-hunt" mantra. . I've got a tip for you. If you can't respond to posts that challenge your position without issuing puerile, parroted insults, then don't post stupid, parochial rants that are full of denial NICEONESUNSHINE
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree