When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Blaze riddle in empty Burnley kitchen
12:52pm Monday 8th October 2012 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were left baffled after attending a kitchen fire in Burnley – only to be greeted with an empty house.
They were alerted to the blaze after neighbours in Holly Street smelled smoke around 9.10pm on Saturday.
Two crews attended the scene to put out the fire, which is believed to have started after the occupant put on the oven and chip pan to make dinner before leaving the house.
A spokesperson from Burnley fire station said: “The house was fully locked and secure so we had to break in.
“The pan was on and there was food in the oven.
“Fortunately a young couple next door could smell smoke and in the end the fire was confined to the kitchen, but it was fortunate not to spread.”
Comments are closed on this article.