Family flee house fire in Burnley

Family flee house fire in Burnley

Family flee house fire in Burnley

First published in News
Last updated

A FAMILY had to leave their home when a fire started in a bedroom.

Firefighters said the blaze, which happened in Comrie Crescent, in Burnley, shortly before 10.30pm on Monday, was started because of an electrical fault.

A spokesman said: “All of the occupants were out when we arrived because they had working smoke alarms.

“That is the message we are trying to get across.”

The upstairs bedroom was damaged by the fire and there was also smoke damage to the rest of the first floor.

There was also light smoke damage to the ground floor.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree