When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Fire rips through Nelson homes
10:00pm Tuesday 10th December 2013 in News
A FIRE tore through the roofs of two houses in Nelson in the early hours yesterday.
A team of 20 firefighters from across East Lancashire were called to tackle the blaze in Cumberland Street at around 3am.
Nobody was hurt in the blaze, but a house in Cumberland Street suffered substantial damage, and a neighbouring house in Rutland Street was also damaged. The fire was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in a derelict property currently being renovated, and was being investigated, a fire service spokesman said.
Firefighters searched the second house after being told by a neighbour a man was inside.
A fire service spokesman said: “He was out and about. A neighbour said he was in, but we found it empty, and he turned up ten minutes later.”
Comments are closed on this article.