When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Haslingden man died after he drank bleach
A MAN from Haslingden has died after drinking industrial toilet cleaner.
Anthony Cosgrove, 55, accidentally drank the liquid from a soft drinks bottle. Lancashire Police said there were no suspicious circumstances.
Mr Cosgrove, of Manchester Road, received medical treatment at Rawtenstall Urgent Care Unit before being taken via ambulance to Royal Blackburn Hospital’s intensive care unit.
He died in hospital in the early hours of Sunday, October 13.
Burnley Coroner’s Court has opened and adjourned an inquest into Mr Cosgrove’s death.
A spokeswoman for Lancashire Police said: “It would appear he had mistakenly consumed liquid chemical toilet cleaner and he sadly died. A taxi driver in Manchester Road, Haslingden, who knew Mr Cosgrove, said: “He was a real gent and no harm to anybody.
“He was one of the local characters. He was lovely until the drinking got to him. His problem was drinking and not drugs.”
Comments are closed on this article.