When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Electricity fault sparked blaze at Rawtenstall house
AN ELECTRICAL fault caused a fire in a kitchen at a home in Rawtenstall.
A fire crew from Burnley and another from Rawtenstall attended the blaze in Manchester Road, Clowbridge, last night at around midnight.
Watch manager Steve Harrison from Burnley Fire Station said that although the fire was not very big, it gave off a lot of smoke.
He said: “It was quite a difficult fire to tackle because it involved an electricity supply.
“It was quite dangerous for the firefighters, but we managed to get it to a controllable level and got the electricity company out to completely kill it.”
He said a man and woman were asleep in the property at the time and although there were no smoke alarms in the kitchen, were woken by the sound of the electricity supply going off.
Comments are closed on this article.