Lancashire TelegraphFirefighters urge extra care while cooking during festive season after incident at Ramsbottom (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Firefighters urge extra care while cooking during festive season after incident at Ramsbottom

FIREFIGHTERS have urged people to take extra care while cooking over the festive season after a man was left needing hospital treatment in Ramsbottom.

Crews from the town’s fire station were called to a home in Fir Street, just after 6am on Saturday, to a kitchen blaze.

Unattended food had caught light in a microwave oven and the 50-year-old householder burnt his hand.

Firefighters used a high-pressure fan to clear smoke inside the property and a specially-trained trauma technician treated the man’s injury.

He was later taken to hospital for treatment but later discharged.

Coun David Acton, chairman of Greater Manchester Fire Authority, said: “Our crews and community safety staff regularly visit homes, schools and sheltered housing schemes to advise people on how to cook safely and protect themselves.

“But unfortunately some people still get distracted and leave their cooking unattended.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree