When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Pan fire in Burnley kitchen
8:17am Saturday 10th November 2012 in News
A PAN left unattended at a Burnley house caught fire causing smoke damage to the kitchen.
Fire crews were called to the Marles Court home in Burnley at around 4.30pm yesterday (Friday).
Firefighters used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to tackle the blaze. They were at the scene for around 30 minutes.
Crews were called to the house after reports of smoke, and possible people trapped. The occupier, believed to be an elderly man, was already out of the property when help arrived.
Burnley crew manager Andy Coulton said: “People need to be careful whilst cooking. Pans should not be left unattended to reduce the risk of fires starting.”
Comments are closed on this article.