When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Padiham man’s lucky escape in kitchen fire
5:00pm Tuesday 12th June 2012 in Padiham
A MAN had a lucky escape when a chip pan fire broke out at his Windermere Road home, in Padiham.
Firefighters were called to the kitchen fire at 9.20pm on Friday.
The man, thought to be in his fifties, was making chips using a deep fat fryer when he put the appliance on top of the cooker and accidentally turned on one of the gas rings.
Three fire appliances were called to the smoke-logged house, and spent around an hour at the scene.
The man was checked over by paramedics at the scene, but did not need hospital treatment.
Crew manager Lee Cook, from Hyndburn Fire Station, said: “The kitchen was well alight when fire crews arrived.
“Firefighters used breathing apparatus to enter the property.
“Nobody else was in the property, and no neighbouring properties needed to be evacuated.”