A CHURCH celebrated its 250th anniversary with a special exhibition at the weekend.
Haggate Baptist Church, Burnley, threw open its doors to the public last Saturday to mark the milestone. An exhibition was staged featuring old photographs and memorabilia, including the original
trowel used to lay the corner stone of the chapel in 1766.
Councillor and local historian Roger Frost also gave a talk about the church’s history and how the building, in Burnley Road, Briercliffe, had changed over the years.