When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Family flee fire at Huncoat home
BLACK smoke billowed from a family home after a faulty tumble dryer caused a raging fire.
Neighbours dashed to the rescue to ensure that the two adults and their four children had escaped the inferno without injury.
The fire started in a utility room extension at the rear of the semi-detached home in Oakdene Avenue in Huncoat at around 6.30pm on Tuesday.
It is believed the four children, ranging from toddlers to teenagers, went to stay with their father in Clayton-le-Moors, with their mother.
Firecrews from Hyndburn and Rawtenstall attended the fire after one of the occupants raised the alarm.
The utility room was completely destroyed by fire and there is smoke damage throughout the house.
Comments are closed on this article.