When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Kitchen of Hyndburn home wrecked after cook 'forgets' about chip pan
A KITCHEN was destroyed after a chip pan fire in Church last night.
The blaze in York Street started after a man forgot he had left the equipment on.
Two crews from Hyndburn Fire Station attended the incident at around 6.25pm on Saturday night.
The man had managed to safely escape the property before firefighters arrived and spent 90 minutes dousing the flames.
As well as fire damage to the kitchen, the rest of the house suffered severe smoke damage.
The loft areas of some neighbouring properties were also affected.
Crew Manager Lee Cook said: “This shows the importance of smoke alarms as the occupier had sat down to eat his evening meal and within minutes his alarm was sounding due to the chip pan being on fire.
“The occupier did not suffer any smoke inhalation and is currently staying with family until the property can be repaired.”
Comments are closed on this article.