When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Blackburn with Darwen leader vows to spend council tax effectively
1:16pm Friday 31st August 2012 in News
COUNCIL leader Kate Hollern last night set out her priorities for making Blackburn with Darwen a place where everybody enjoys a decent standard of living.
She set out the key priorities for the borough as she unveiled the Labour leadership’s plan for the coming three years to shape how its spends council taxpayers’ money.
Coun Hollern, right, said the priority objectives for residents are:
- Creating more jobs and supporting business growth;
- Improving housing quality and building more houses;
- Improving health and well-being;
- Improving outcomes for our young people through education and skills;
- Supporting and helping the most vulnerable; and
- Making people’s money go further by supporting households in difficult times through efficient use of council tax.
She said: “We are determined to help by delivering high-quality services by making the most of the money we have.”