Report this comment
  • "
    HarryBosch wrote:
    Why has my earlier comment been removed??
    It was in no way offensive or controversial and merely a suggestion that, based on police suggestions that the incident may be suspicious, to treat it as suspicious until proved otherwise.
    You are taking censorship to the extreme LT and it is losing you respect.
    I repeat, I hope the guy makes a good recovery, whoever he is.
    Probably had grammatical or spelling mistake you know how fastidious LT editorial are !! LOL

    With on hope the guy makes a good and speedy recovery"
  • This field is mandatory
  • This field is mandatory
  • Please note we will not accept reports with HTML tags or URLs in them.

  • Enter the above word in the box below

Blackburn man fighting for his life after being found unconscious

The cordon in Preston New Road

The cordon in Preston New Road

First published in News
Last updated
Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by , Hyndburn reporter

A MAN is fighting for his life after being found unconscious with head injuries close to a Blackburn park.

The local man was taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital after being found on the corner of Preston New Road and Shear Bank Road, close to Corporation Park, at around 6.55am yesterday.

The 33-year-old was later transferred to Royal Preston Hospital for specialist treatment, where he was in a critical condition yesterday afternoon, police said.

It remains unclear how he was injured, and police have appealed for witnesses to come forward.

Inspector Des Barr said: “We are treating the incident as suspicious, although everything is pointing to it not being.” A police spokesman later added: “It’s unclear how the man came by his injuries and it could be the result of a fall or an assault. We are appealing for witnesses.”

The man was spotted by a passing motorist, who stopped to help before calling the emergency services.


A spokeswoman for the North West Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 6.54am to reports of an unconscious male in the road.” The man was treated by hospital staff, who called police at 10am after becoming concerned as to how the man got his injuries.

Police tape was still stretched across the wet pavement at around 2pm, while an officer sat in a nearby squad car guarding the scene, but it had gone by 5pm.

A worker from the Blackburn School of Music, across the road from the scene, said the business was closed when the man was found, but said she had seen police carrying out inquiries in the area.

She added: “I saw a cordon when I came to work at noon. There was a CCTV van there in the afternoon too.”

Witnesses can call police on 101, quoting log number 0357 of Wednesday, June 4.

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree