When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Passer-by raised alarm at Clitheroe flat fire
6:32pm Wednesday 20th March 2013 in News
A PASSER-BY alerted the residents of a block of flats to an early morning fire which gutted the lounge of a ground floor apartment.
The man, who was on his way to work when he noticed the blaze in Brotherton Meadow, Clitheroe, banged on the front doors of the apartments and called the fire service. A cigarette is suspected to have started the fire, which tore through the living room and badly damaged three other rooms with smoke.
Two fire crews from Clitheroe and one from Great Harwood attended the incident for 90 minutes, as it was believed residents might have been trapped inside. But it later emerged the sole male resident of the damaged flat was already outside when the emergency services arrived yesterday at 5.05am.