BUDDING chefs at Accrington and Rossendale College’s Eatery 1853, Globe Centre, Accrington, got in a flap to prepare for Pancake Day today.
From left: Ivy Ward, Conor Murphy, Tony Coulson and Maddie Mollett, in front, competed for the highest flip with some ... interesting results!
110g/4oz plain flour, a pinch of salt
200ml/7fl oz milk mixed with 75ml/3fl oz water
- Sift the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and crack the eggs into it. Whisk while gradually adding the milk and water.
- Melt the butter in a pan, getting it really hot before turning down to a medium heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of mixture, cook for half a minute.
- Flip the pancake and repeat.
- Serve with your favourite topping