Twenty people evacuated from Blackburn surgery

TWENTY people had to be evacuated from a doctors’ surgery after staff smelled burning.

Firefighters attended Witton Medical Centre, in Preston Old Road, Blackburn, at around 3.30pm yesterday (Thurs) after a fluorescent light overheated.

Nobody was injured and the crew made sure the fitting was safe before the patients and staff returned to the building.

Comments (4)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:36pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Fire Fly says...

Classic LET reporting as usual, article written today stating that the surgery was evacuated yesterday (thurs). Dear oh dear
Classic LET reporting as usual, article written today stating that the surgery was evacuated yesterday (thurs). Dear oh dear Fire Fly

8:48pm Thu 31 Jan 13

bubble of reason says...

Might have been a little ...Light Headed??? Anyways Water and Electric Don't Mix....
Might have been a little ...Light Headed??? Anyways Water and Electric Don't Mix.... bubble of reason

11:33pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Major Tom says...

I bet they where all after sick notes. No other excuse for a surgery full at 3.30pm
I bet they where all after sick notes. No other excuse for a surgery full at 3.30pm Major Tom

9:16am Fri 1 Feb 13

Excluded again says...

Major Tom wrote:
I bet they where all after sick notes. No other excuse for a surgery full at 3.30pm
Schools finish about 3.15pm. perfect time to make an appointment for primary school age kids.
[quote][p][bold]Major Tom[/bold] wrote: I bet they where all after sick notes. No other excuse for a surgery full at 3.30pm[/p][/quote]Schools finish about 3.15pm. perfect time to make an appointment for primary school age kids. Excluded again

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree